eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Nah, it shouldnt touch teams. Especially added teams.
Some tactics maybe and some players (in existing teams), but mostly it shouldnt be affected. Pes19 I was playing with one OF throughout most of the year - never noticed some big problems after data packs.
Thanks my friend much appreciated.

Cant see them doing it.. pointless exercise.. it would just cause annoying pauses throughout the game. They dont even want a lot of fouls in order to keep the game going and you think they might introduce VAR? Nah.. dont think so..

Having said that - some of those referee decisions in PES could really use VAR... :LOL:

lol especially on 1.0

Waiting for the upcoming patch.Some thoughts…

So, there was complains (for the demo) that it was too easy & the cpu was passive.Ok to be honest, at that time i had those thoughts too at certain degree.
What we maybe didn’t realized was that
  • Demo was exhibition games. No need to analyze this further…We all know now what is the diff betwwen exh. Vs Cup – Legaue & ML matches.”Night & Day”
  • Making the game more difficult by super - raising Cpu’s aggressiveness to a point they gegenpress making LOTS of fouls that are not being called or cpu fouls almost every time user is trying to make dribble moves can only lead to frustration. Yes they made the game harder now but how they did it?
  • In addition, to all those who find the demo – game was easy against cpu. Yes maybe the game is easy on SS.If I chose to play a game with assists ON.Well , yes the game looks easy because I just have to press buttons & give a generic guidance with the stick.
  • I am not accusing all those friends who enjoy the game this way , I just point that If I chose to play with assists the game SHOULD be easy so why complaining for the game being easy while i play with assists on?The game is not so easy if I play with no pass support or shot assist & by that, cpu does not seem so passive on SS in ΜL or Cup & League matches.Plus , defending now became more assisted than ever for cpu & user due to clear fouls & penalties not being called.Everybody can play super aggressive D smashing Χ & pressing.Players are auto guided to the attacker.So yes with all of the above ,game may look easy & not so challenging & in order to balance this they patched it and made cpu on SS able to catch you at speed even coming from far behind , hitting you,even ball lost the freedom there was on demo & all off the players reactions became more “on rails” without the randomness of demo

Last edited:
The demo and v1 were too easy on any control method. Even 1.2 SS was a bit too easy. 1.3 got the difficulty right it's just the fouls need to be called, it's the refs that are wrong. V1 is annoying because fouls are being called that aren't fouls.. I was happy with that originally as last 2 years there's been no fouls but it would annoy if I had to put up with it all year. They just need to get the foul calls right on superstar.

The demo and v1 were too easy on any control method. Even 1.2 SS was a bit too easy. 1.3 got the difficulty right it's just the fouls need to be called, it's the refs that are wrong. V1 is annoying because fouls are being called that aren't fouls.. I was happy with that originally as last 2 years there's been no fouls but it would annoy if I had to put up with it all year. They just need to get the foul calls right on superstar.
if they get the foul calls right on superstar the game will automaticaly become easier while maintaining cpu unrealistic agressiveness because it is one of "tricks" they made so game to be harder.if cpu is penalized for fouls they commit...In any case ,i am happy with the game no matter the version is untill now because i beleive it is probably best football game i have ever played overall.I just prefer some things a little bit different.
Are you playing with FUMA? (without any offensive mood). Just trying to understand you comment about SS being so easy.
1..2 was easy on ML or exhibition?

if they get the foul calls right on superstar the game will automaticaly become easier while maintaining cpu unrealistic agressiveness because it is one of "tricks" they made so game to be harder.if cpu is penalized for fouls they commit...In any case ,i am happy with the game no matter the version is untill now because i beleive it is probably best football game i have ever played overall.I just prefer some things a little bit different.
Are you playing with FUMA? (without any offensive mood). Just trying to understand you comment about SS being so easy.
Let them bring back fouls and let the game gets easier we upgrade ourselves for legend... fouling and collisions are the core of football.. i count myself a great dribbler in footie games (using all skill moves feints etc.. when necessarry) but because of current mechanics i escape from dribbling .. i know cpu will foul me which wont be called , i will lose the ball in an unfair way and will have a counter on my goal... it is the only point that fifa is superior imo..

I also play on FUMA and SS in demo was easy because of AI offense. If the next patch combine AI defense from demo and AI offense from the full game, it will be really good.

Let them bring back fouls and let the game gets easier we upgrade ourselves for legend... fouling and collisions are the core of football.. i count myself a great dribbler in footie games (using all skill moves feints etc.. when necessarry) but because of current mechanics i escape from dribbling .. i know cpu will foul me which wont be called , i will lose the ball in an unfair way and will have a counter on my goal... it is the only point that fifa is superior imo..

Fifa dribbling works because the defenders can't react properly and they give too much space after the attacker pass by them, without a good reason.

Just a quick conspiracy (and probably silly) question: have EA done a bung with Tescos & Asdas?

The reason I'm asking is because in the last year or two, Tescos & Asdas haven't even bothered stocking the new PES on their shelves (but they'll always stock every new FIFA and other releases though).

They clearly don't like/rate PES.

Is it like that all over their stores in the UK or just at the stores here in Wales; or have I possibly missed some news with this over the last year?

🤔🤷‍♂️

Just a quick conspiracy (and probably silly) question: have EA done a bung with Tescos & Asdas?

The reason I'm asking is because in the last year or two, Tescos & Asdas haven't even bothered stocking the new PES on their shelves (but they'll always stock every new FIFA and other releases though).

Is it like that all over their stores in the UK or just at the stores here in Wales; or have I possibly missed some news with this over the last year?

🤔🤷‍♂️
It is the same in the whole UK. Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys do not have in stock PES 2020. I asked 2 managers and their response was the same "We are not allowed to discuss internal policies or business deals with customers". Fair enough. They have for sure an agreement with EA.

I was on fuma on v1 and 1.2 most of the time but 1.3 gone to pa1

They have for sure an agreement with EA
Same as some shops dont have Pes on the shelves. Smyths last year didnt have it displayed at all, even tho they had it in stock.
Kinda made me feel cool..
'Give them rotten EA veggies to all the commoners and give me a fresh, japanese one from under the till...' :LOL:
That was until I realised how rotten Pes19 was, haha!

🤔🤷‍♂️
Supermarkets have cut right back on games so it seems it just does not sell enough to stock it.

I also play on FUMA and SS in demo was easy because of AI offense. If the next patch combine AI defense from demo and AI offense from the full game, it will be really good.

Fifa dribbling works because the defenders can't react properly and they give too much space after the attacker pass by them, without a good reason.
Im not talking about fifa dribbling.. pes dribbling is million times better.. the thing better in fifa is colision detection (fouls calling)

I thought Fifa 19/20 dont have any fouls? Which would surely make PES 3-12 fouls a game infinitely better?
Nunber of f fouls are not important( unfortunately current pes2020 version is the only one that refree oversee every 100% fouls... coliisions and phisicality there but refree judgement is totatlly broken now...

I thought Fifa 19/20 dont have any fouls? Which would surely make PES 3-12 fouls a game infinitely better?
Why do you comment about FIFA in every single thread? I swear, I click on this thread, or the Compare/Contrast thread or the actual FIFA thread and you’re always in here/there, going on about FIFA. At least keep it out of this thread.

For someone that doesn’t own/like FIFA you don’t half talk about it a lot.

Last edited:
Why do you comment about FIFA in every single thread? I swear, I click on this thread, or the Compare/Contrast thread or the actual FIFA thread and you’re always in here/there, going on about FIFA. At least keep it out of this thread.

For someone that doesn’t own/like FIFA you don’t half talk about it a lot.
Stop your lying. Just been through my last 20 posts on this thread and mentioned it once! Once in 20 posts and much likely way more. Your tiresome the way you follow me about this place picking at every little thing you can. Just block me for crying out loud.

Im not talking about fifa dribbling.. pes dribbling is million times better.. the thing better in fifa is colision detection (fouls calling)
Stop your lying. Just been through my last 20 posts on this thread and mentioned it once! Once in 20 posts and much likely way more. Your tiresome the way you follow me about this place picking at every little thing you can. Just block me for crying out loud.

...plus that was asking a question to someone else who mentioned Fifa first.

No Red Star Belgrade in PES? Bit lame.

Also, how do you knock the ball in front of the player (i.e. teeing the ball up for a big kick like in PES 2019)?

Last edited:
Waiting for the upcoming patch.Some thoughts…

So, there was complains (for the demo) that it was too easy & the cpu was passive.Ok to be honest, at that time i had those thoughts too at certain degree.
What we maybe didn’t realized was that
  • Demo was exhibition games. No need to analyze this further…We all know now what is the diff betwwen exh. Vs Cup – Legaue & ML matches.”Night & Day”
  • Making the game more difficult by super - raising Cpu’s aggressiveness to a point they gegenpress making LOTS of fouls that are not being called or cpu fouls almost every time user is trying to make dribble moves can only lead to frustration. Yes they made the game harder now but how they did it?
  • In addition, to all those who find the demo – game was easy against cpu. Yes maybe the game is easy on SS.If I chose to play a game with assists ON.Well , yes the game looks easy because I just have to press buttons & give a generic guidance with the stick.
  • I am not accusing all those friends who enjoy the game this way , I just point that If I chose to play with assists the game SHOULD be easy so why complaining for the game being easy while i play with assists on?The game is not so easy if I play with no pass support or shot assist & by that, cpu does not seem so passive on SS in ΜL or Cup & League matches.Plus , defending now became more assisted than ever for cpu & user due to clear fouls & penalties not being called.Everybody can play super aggressive D smashing Χ & pressing.Players are auto guided to the attacker.So yes with all of the above ,game may look easy & not so challenging & in order to balance this they patched it and made cpu on SS able to catch you at speed even coming from far behind , hitting you,even ball lost the freedom there was on demo & all off the players reactions became more “on rails” without the randomness of demo
No. No. No. :D Its not all about difficulty but gameplay too. And no assisted shouldnt mean retarded players you got on high difficulty.

Sorry buddy, genuine apology - I feel bad now. I am too critical of your posts and you seem like a nice chap.

Again please accept my apology I was in the wrong.

As a thought while we await this new patch. Does anyone think that either game but specifically ePES will consider introducing VAR into the game at some stage. Seeing as this seems to now be very much a part of the real game at higher levels, could it be done in game. I could see a few controllers thrown at screens if not used properly, but seeing as the game is already partly scripted and has to be programmed to be as accurate as possible within the laws of the game, how would it work and would anyone like it introduced?
I just want the option to run at and harass the ref pushing my body against his.

Back
Top Bottom