eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Steps I used.

1. Downloaded file from site (link from PESUNIVERSE Account.)

2. Extracted using unrar to WEPES.
Also tried unpacking to a regular folder then putting them in a new folder labelled WEPES

3. Used fat 32 usb stick - SanDisk, integral, others, (also tried formatting to exfat, then also tried formatting via the PS4)

4. Copied the extracted WEPES folder to the USB drive then safely removed it.

5. Switched PS4 on, then inserted USB stick into slot. (Also tried other slot. Also tried restarting the PS4 after inserting)

6. Go into game, apply live update, then create new data, then go over to edit.

I get the no image data found message.
Tried to import team regardless, but shows the same message again, then gives me a tutorial on how to import with a sample file. Says next time I need to have image files on my USB.

The PS4 recognises my Usb sticks and drives. Just the game.

Tried the option file from realalibahzad (classics) as well but no luck either.

I've been trying to get everyone to play PES instead of FIFA this year but they're not impressed with the lack licenses band are 'skeptics' as it is.

I've been telling them the option files are easy, no headaches, to download. -_-

I've tried two different PS4s as well.

Did you try with "slow format"? Cause most of the time people do the "quickly format" instead the slow one ;)

You need firstable format(slow mode) your Pendrive, and then put OF inside.

So the fast one it means that Windows is preparing your Usb to be used for whatever you need to do.

So basically it doesn't check if any issues occouring into the disk, and no action will be taken to repair issues if you have on your USB.

Perhaps the fastest one may affect the USB reading onto PS4.

The slowly one format your USB in deep, it takes more time but it works better(at least for me).

The problem in reality is that the "File System" into your USB can't be read properly from your Ps4 :)

Hope i've been clear to help you :)

Last edited:
Pes 2020 is the only game that i ve seen every match feels totaly different in gameplay manner:
One game:
Sluggish
Slow
Unresponsive

Just next game:
Responsive
Perfect taste
Great speed
Just like real football

I know real football and teams are inconsistent too.. but the gameplay is changed a lot in ever match in every mode in every stadium etc... i dunno it is a good or bad thing also i dunno if konami does it deliberately or is a gameplay issue

If you're looking for consistency, start a ML with a 1.5⭐ team. They're ALWAYS slow and sluggish :D (but it's a blast trying to survive in your job!)

Is the patch defo out tomorrow? I see they are talking about the Data Patch on Twitter but not the Patch. Are they both the same thing?

I know real football and teams are inconsistent too.. but the gameplay is changed a lot in ever match in every mode in every stadium etc... i dunno it is a good or bad thing also i dunno if konami does it deliberately or is a gameplay issue
I find that playing Top Player, or Superstar against a poor team, you have all the control you need to play the most wonderful, responsive football. As soon as you play the best teams, "unresponsive" is the word I'd use for sure. You are impaired, to present you with a challenge. In 2019 I can't accept that as the answer to "how do you make a football game difficult" - when it should be that a team plays more intelligently as a unit, or hits you in your weak spots, or has more individual skill.

We are miles away from the AI in a football game providing a realistic challenge, IMO - and it's not because the tech isn't there, given how powerful machines are now (look at what Football Manager does, it makes everything matter). It's that a football game's devs just aren't focused on this (because they've been told not to, they exist to make a fun game).

Pes 2020 is the only game that i ve seen every match feels totaly different in gameplay manner:
One game:
Sluggish
Slow
Unresponsive

Just next game:
Responsive
Perfect taste
Great speed
Just like real football

This is PES 2020 summed up, had this exact experience last night. in parts it is the most amazing football video games ever made, sometimes you just see beauty, another moment you are stuck in quicksand and can't do anything

Already posted?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ldrens-worries-about-spending-in-online-games
Closer and closer to a lootbox regulation similar to what already happened in Belgium. The moment UK declares lootboxes as gambling EA and Konami are forced to remove them from Myclub and FUT and they will be forced to actually make a football game instead of a gambling machine with other secondary modes (offline modes).

I agree. I know the loot boxes have been a hot topic for years now. I really don’t have a dog in the fight but if it forces sports games to improve offline modes, I’m all for it.

Not just PES and FIFA, but other titles too (NBA, MLB, NHL, etc.).

It would be awesome to get back to the mid 2000s of developing offline, pre loot boxes when focus was on those modes.

We are miles away from the AI in a football game providing a realistic challenge
Are we tho?
I thought Pes17 already had realistic challenge. I didnt feel my players being artificially handicapped there. Good teams were good, good players are standing out and using their strengths.

20 has all the basis for realistic challenge - even more than 17 had.
You have deliberate fouls, inspire traits..
Teams are reacting to whats happening on the pitch - if they need a goal they become more aggressive and pressing more, if they are winning they switch into defense, playing counter attack. Changing tactics depending to how you play. Man marking our key players.

I dont think handicapping our team is necessary at all. Instead of going down that path - I would just increase the AI response to whats happening. Add formation changes for example. Got them to sub midfielder or defender for attacker if they need goals. Same way - get them to take one forward player and switch from 4-4-2 to 5-4-1 if they want to defend the result.
Also - make them more aggressive when they are running out of time, let them take risk - shots from distance, sliding tackles..
Thats all they need to add to make it more challenging and varied, without handicapping our team and creating fake struggle..

One game:
Sluggish
Slow
Unresponsive

Just next game:
Responsive
Perfect taste
Great speed
Just like real football

I’ve noticed this too. I always wonder if the pitch and grass conditions influence this?

At home, you can choose but on the road it’s grayed out.

I love this element but it can make gameplay inconsistent.

Are we tho?
I thought Pes17 already had realistic challenge. I didnt feel my players being artificially handicapped there. Good teams were good, good players are standing out and using their strengths.

20 has all the basis for realistic challenge - even more than 17 had.
You have deliberate fouls, inspire traits..
Teams are reacting to whats happening on the pitch - if they need a goal they become more aggressive and pressing more, if they are winning they switch into defense, playing counter attack. Changing tactics depending to how you play. Man marking our key players.

I dont think handicapping our team is necessary at all. Instead of going down that path - I would just increase the AI response to whats happening. Add formation changes for example. Got them to sub midfielder or defender for attacker if they need goals. Same way - get them to take one forward player and switch from 4-4-2 to 5-4-1 if they want to defend the result.
Also - make them more aggressive when they are running out of time, let them take risk - shots from distance, sliding tackles..
Thats all they need to add to make it more challenging and varied, without handicapping our team and creating fake struggle..

All those changes you suggest will certainly make the game more interesting and varied. But none of it necessarily makes the CPU a greater challenge. Quite often if a team starts chasing a game (I don't mean AOA in a cup, just basic attacking mentality), I end up scoring a couple more goals easily by going defensive as they simply don't protect themselves from the breakaway enough. So they don't replace handicapping and currently removing that handicapping would make the game too easy.

I agree, however, that I vastly prefer the AI getting a boot instead of my players suddenly becoming worse. It's is still annoying, but at least it doesn't break your flow and timings all off.

The perfect AI (in terms of ability) is not something we want. As the perfect AI would always see every gap and time everything perfectly and you'd rarely ever see the ball (kick-off). I'm not saying anyone asked for that ;)

The ideal AI is one that's just the tiniest bit better than the human it's playing. So their players/team make the biggest alteration to difficulty, not the difficulty level chosen. We are a LONG way off of that dynamic AI for something as complex as football.

I’ve noticed this too. I always wonder if the pitch and grass conditions influence this?

its the scripting

if the game wants you to lose, or make a game interesting when you are 3 up the game will change to sluggish and unresponsive

sometimes it does it from minute 1

i have thumped my cousin 6 nil in a game

and next game i am 2 down within 6 mins. nothing to do with complacency. the game no doubt helped me when i was scoring for fun past him too in the match previous

Last night I played 2 back to back matches Spurs vs Sparta Prague (I think...or it might've been Spartak....basically some foreign sounding team to replace Crvena Svedsva). TopPlayer 20mins.

First match 2-2.

Thought I'd try it again to see if I could beat them.

I was 2-0 up in 20mins (a header and a pen....i.e. gifted to me by the game). Then they scored 3 goals (i.e. felt like all these were part of a STORY mode). Managed to equalise in the end so it ended 3-3.

So 40-50 mins to play a couple of games and still leave dissatisfied.

I hope the next patch brings back the goodness i felt in the demo.

Konami could make a immediate positive change without even needing to re-do all the AI - Simply make the tactics more in depth and more impactful.

Long term it would need improving, but in the short-term it would do wonders.

I've just spent the last two evenings playing the demo. It plays a beautiful game of video game football.

Damn you Konami. And damn the people feeding back BS so they changed it.
Better than 1.0 vanilla?
Im not sure you was the one answering that already... :)

Do i need to install the demo again and compare...?!

Djdkskfjjrlsiawk - I just got a fucking penalty!

22nd league match of my third season.

And I fucking missed it too.

lmao that's because you forgot how to take it because we never get fcking pks lol! I usually turn them on during friendlies in case it's a draw. I didn't get a single one in my Napoli ML (fck Napoli, they fired me after one season lol)

Better than 1.0 vanilla?
Im not sure you was the one answering that already... :)

Do i need to install the demo again and compare...?!
I don’t know mate I’ve only played the demo and the full version with all updates. But the demo is a much better game :(

fingers crossed the update tomorrow addresses issues and makes us all happier.

Yes both stadium itself and pitch conditions changes gameplay.. all games are like kinder egg chocalate.. u dont know what is inside

Will u come and read comments when patch is out? Or will u directly jump to the game ?? Sometimes people here can be pesimistic therefore trying the game first can be more handy

Konami development team is so silent which i am a lil worried.. they were hyped a month ago abıout updates, bug reports, fb posts etc... but they keep silence.. i hope we get the patch tomorrow .. dp2 is not our concern ...
I think; myclub, mobile pes etc.. same team on every aspect of the game... they can not pay enough attention to the core of the gameplay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom