eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Konami development team is so silent which i am a lil worried.. they were hyped a montg ago abıout updates, bug reports, fb posts etc... but they keep silence.. i hope we get the patch tomorrow .. dp2 is not our concern ...

Agreed, it's weird silence - maybe I only follow more communicative developers on the whole, but this a whole new level of ignoring.

They started a countdown 7 days - 6 days .. i didnt see since then ??

That was just a countdown for the datapack and they still running this on facebook. But no words about a patch until today as far as i know, just Datapack. So i'm not sure about a patch tomorrow. Would be a huge let down if not. We will see.

Will u come and read comments when patch is out? Or will u directly jump to the game ?? Sometimes people here can be pesimistic therefore trying the game first can be more handy
That's true sometimes pesimism is severe... but the problem is that once the patch is applied, it cant be undone. So we need to be careful.

I don’t know mate I’ve only played the demo and the full version with all updates. But the demo is a much better game :(

fingers crossed the update tomorrow addresses issues and makes us all happier.

1.0 was good, but unfortunately it only lasted about 2 days in steam version.

Can the guys/gals who are interested in skills (or testing controls) try something out for me. Either my controller is broken or a konami mistake is making skills a bit more accessible, which I'm finding really useful.

Firstly, make sure "Auto-feint" is off, then in game, try holding R2 and flick the right stick forwards, as in the direction of movement (or backwards). For me this is making my player do a variety of stepovers with no obvious logical consistency. It's almost like auto feint is on, but it's not! It's a lot quicker/easier than trying to do the quarter-circle turns, you just don't know which stepover you'll get!

Yes both stadium itself and pitch conditions changes gameplay.. all games are like kinder egg chocalate.. u dont know what is inside
So let’s get a list out... let’s create one! So we know what conditions/stadium triggers what! I felt differences as well... put it in the placebo drawer...

Anyway. I’m off. Taking a power nap to be ready tmw morning. :D

Edit: anyone in for discord/ps4voicechat tonight?! Let’s go „patching“ together!!

Last edited:
I need to express my feelings again! ;)
Please respect that.

What a joy to play a friend local in 2020!!
We played together the first time. He’s behind what football tactics means; but he’s trying. ;) we lost that first match 0:1.
but we had some fun. Our play together needs some adjustments.. but overall: pure fun!!
I love that game!! :LOVE:

Hate to say I told you so...;)

Since we're getting a new patch later today, I deleted my install/data and started playing the 1.0 version. I really like the 1.0; there's a lot more space to maneuver/less pressure, frequency of fouls are less and more balanced and it's easier to take players on/dribble. Konami should have kept this version. There was nothing really wrong with. Only criticism I would is the player collision (for fouls) were a bit sensitive.

Version 2.0 and 3.0 were also good (IMO), but 1.0 just felt a bit more balanced.

Fun fact: Did you guys know, soccer/football was illegal in Mississippi till 1991?!

CalmUnfinishedBantamrooster-small.gif

No patch out yet...

Fun fact: Did you guys know, soccer/football was illegal in Mississippi till 1991?!

That's because it's a secret "commie" plot! :LOL:

The patch is out on my side of the world and the rest of European NTs are licensed now. But no news about the gameplay yet... But finally River kits are fixed :APPLAUD:

@Fullmanualpes so I'm watching the game and there is not one Turk in Galatasaray starting line-up :CONFUSE:
But the game is very fun to watch for sure you are right

Last edited:
Playing 1.4 after constant disc play and it's just so god damn heavy. Feeling very frustrated with the weight of the ball and lack of creativity compared to disk but I do like the more compact midfield with defense and holding people off is easier. I feel like instead of going towards the demo gameplay they are distancing themselves more and more from that freedom but I wanna know what everyone else thinks.

I feel like instead of going towards the demo gameplay they are distancing themselves more and more from that freedom..

And more and more and more!

PS. Havent downloaded it and wont be able to play until monday or tuesday, bit im eager to read everyones opinions

I did 5 different matches on ss 20 min fuma here is my impressions on 1.4:

• Dribbling is more responsive for sure.. saving the ball from players with R1 double tap came back.. finese dribbling is little quicker and more effective..
  • first touch freeze : i didnt notice any.. better player first touches .. not perfect but better.. high ball control players are better...
  • Passing seems better while my players are aware where the ball is... i like that...
  • Cpu is not aggresive like in 1.3 they reduced it by 10-15%
  • Fouls are same as 1.3 but while dribbling is more responsive you get more fouls.. refrees are more harsh on giving yellows easily.. still collisions have ptoblems fouls to be callef
  • Cpu attack defineyely better on ss .. i forgot to lose on 1.3 but at my 5 matches with 1.4 i lost twice.. they play smarter
  • Cursor change is better ..
  • Didnt see any turn and shoot for cpu
  • Supercancel seems working good
  • Overall gameplay is smoother due to responsiveness
  • Gamespeed is slowet compared to 1.3
  • Cpu respond to fake shots more... also easier to pass players with skill moves and feints..
  • Better shielding the ball while cpu is not kamikazes anymore
Summary: good job for sure.. challanging and more control on player... 1.4 is a balance between 1.3 and vanilla which is good..

Pros:
Better dribbling
Less agressive ai
More responsive
Smoother gameplay
Slower gameplay more time to decide
Better passing and player awareness on fuma
Cursor changes are better
Cpu attack awareness is better
Supercancel works as it should
No run and stop bug
Better shielding
Ai respond feints more
Ai dribbles more

Cons:
Fouls and collision system .. still less fouls

Last edited:
I should stress I haven't played for long at all, but first impressions are very good.

- The pace is much slower.
- I'm seeing much more dribbling from AI.
- I was hoping for this and the midfield/defensive line issues seems to be fixed, creating more of a midfield. It really feels much more compact and difficult to play through the lines.
- The AI seem to not retreat so much which reduces the end to end. This needed to be looked at for years so to see it fixed is very positive.
- The ball seems more free, I've noticed it bouncing around randomly more, similar to the demo.
Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon haha but I'm liking what I've played so far.

Back
Top Bottom