eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

after one half of a cup game, couple of observations
AI on SS didnt seem to be as agreesive
Goal Kicks didn't reach my CF - the AI midfield were there - normally its always my CF against a defender past the half way line - may a coincidence but maybe to do wit the midfield being adjusted

Need a lot more time

It feels better and more heavier but I still noticed some players not responded to the ball correctly still on Top Player, they also improved how teams set up for receiving short Goal Kicks.

after one half of a cup game, couple of observations
AI on SS didnt seem to be as agreesive
Goal Kicks didn't reach my CF - the AI midfield were there - normally its always my CF against a defender past the half way line - may a coincidence but maybe to do wit the midfield being adjusted

Need a lot more time

Oh wow.. Goal Kick or whatever long Pass should be able not only fall on/near target but also under/overpowered.

I remember old game that restricted your long ball pass possibility to fall straight out of the line.

What i love about the new patch apart from the compact midfield is the first touch is a lot heavier and they have slowed the game back to 1.2, also less rising shots, as well as less effective shots on target only played 3 games but that was noticeable to me straight away, top end players stand out more, very good patch.

So guys, I know you will be very mad at me now, because you guys probably already have discussed it.

In terms of option files.. What should I do regarding this data pack. I have one option file installed already.. Can I just install a new one and expect the right thing to be overwrited?

So guys, I know you will be very mad at me now, because you guys probably already have discussed it.

In terms of option files.. What should I do regarding this data pack. I have one option file installed already.. Can I just install a new one and expect the right thing to be overwrited?
If you want to install a new option file you’ll need to delete all images first.

If you mean the data pack, that shouldn’t effect anything.

Thanks mate. But what about Serie B license. Will it free up space for other things automatically?
Yep sure will :)

but like I say, you need to delete all images you don’t want. I had a Serie B option file which gave me all kits etc so I would have to delete all of them images from the import/export option in edit.

let me know if you need any help.

I did 5 different matches on ss 20 min fuma here is my impressions on 1.4:

• Dribbling is more responsive for sure.. saving the ball from players with R1 double tap came back.. finese dribbling is little quicker and more effective..
  • first touch freeze : i didnt notice any.. better player first touches .. not perfect but better.. high ball control players are better...
  • Passing seems better while my players are aware where the ball is... i like that...
  • Cpu is not aggresive like in 1.3 they reduced it by 10-15%
  • Fouls are same as 1.3 but while dribbling is more responsive you get more fouls.. refrees are more harsh on giving yellows easily.. still collisions have ptoblems fouls to be callef
  • Cpu attack defineyely better on ss .. i forgot to lose on 1.3 but at my 5 matches with 1.4 i lost twice.. they play smarter
  • Cursor change is better ..
  • Didnt see any turn and shoot for cpu
  • Supercancel seems working good
  • Overall gameplay is smoother due to responsiveness
  • Gamespeed is slowet compared to 1.3
  • Cpu respond to fake shots more... also easier to pass players with skill moves and feints..
  • Better shielding the ball while cpu is not kamikazes anymore
Summary: good job for sure.. challanging and more control on player... 1.4 is a balance between 1.3 and vanilla which is good..

Pros:
Better dribbling
Less agressive ai
More responsive
Smoother gameplay
Slower gameplay more time to decide
Better passing and player awareness on fuma
Cursor changes are better
Cpu attack awareness is better
Supercancel works as it should
No run and stop bug
Better shielding
Ai respond feints more
Ai dribbles more

Cons:
Fouls and collision system .. still less fouls
I've played 5 matches too on Top Player. 13 min halves. Everything you said is spot on. However on my very first game, I was given a foul I didn't use to get on 1.3. I've been wining fouls because finese dribling finally works.

Yeah, played a couple of matches and I can already say this is more like it! Very happy with the improvements I saw already. But now the question comes to mind: why? Why do they have to make us suffer for a month and then fix the mess? Couldn't they just release it like this? Better yet, like the demo? 😒
Anyway, guess it's better late than never...

So, we saying if I install this data pack and update it won't effect any of my editing?

I got the Pes Universe as the base file, found a Liga MX & other Libertadores file which I added and also J League. I've edited the 4 remaining Other Asian sides myself, generic kits but I've done all the players.

I've also edited in 5 or 6 youth players into each Prem team that weren't on the game. All of these I did on create player so shouldn't be touched.

Spent the last 2 to 3 weeks editing a couple of hours a night, so I don't want to install this later and it cocks it all up cos I'll be hacked right off. I've even turned off automatic game updates just in case.

I can't understand how do you guys see it became closer to demo when it's exactly opposite. Pass error on pa1 which was kinda semi manual before disappeared completely, same with first touch error. These two things made game alive and unpredictable. Now it's same wooden and stiff mess as pes 19 was. Such a letdown.

Played just two matches, one in cup mode, one in exhibition with 2 and 3 star teams on SS.

Perfect patch ...
I love how my cf s runs behind and you can pass through balls .. a lot of new variations in offence.. i was playing wide to avoid super aggresive cpu but now i can play tiki taka in the center with full manual passing...
Gk s are more active btw.. 1 vs 1 they come out more...
Passing is awesome in full manual manner.. i dunno what you feel with pa1 but if you think passing is too easy for tiki taka ( due to increased player awereness) try full manual it is at thr best balance for now...
First time passes enhanced for sure one touch passes are great for fast build up... i give 9/10 to this patch.. the only negative is still less fouls on collisions. ( i think they delibirately didnt correct that for online players- for the flow of the game )

I can't understand how do you guys see it became closer to demo when it's exactly opposite. Pass error on pa1 which was kinda semi manual before disappeared completely, same with first touch error. These two things made game alive and unpredictable. Now it's same wooden and stiff mess as pes 19 was. Such a letdown.
Try PA0 .. game is not alike demo.. they went to another way with 1.2 but now they nearlt perfected that way with 1.4...
We have to admit they wont come back to demo gameplay due to online gaming and my club spammers.. so we have to be happy that they made the new way a lot better..

I can't understand how do you guys see it became closer to demo when it's exactly opposite. Pass error on pa1 which was kinda semi manual before disappeared completely, same with first touch error. These two things made game alive and unpredictable. Now it's same wooden and stiff mess as pes 19 was. Such a letdown. Played just two matches, one in cup mode, one in exhibition with 2 and 3 star teams on SS.

Crap! That's what I was afraid of! Konami giveth Konami taketh away. I'll remain with 1.03 for now...

Somebody already found out if they have fixed the freekicks from the AI? Are they missing some now or still scoring 9 out of 10?
No they dont.. still good ai freekicks.. but the solution is too easy move the keeper before ai take the shot and let the keeper control out when ai comes on ball.. the keeper will save every time.. i played 500+ matches and conceede max 1 freekick

No they dont.. still good ai freekicks.. but the solution is too easy move the keeper before ai take the shot and let the keeper control out when ai comes on ball.. the keeper will save every time.. i played 500+ matches and conceede max 1 freekick

I will try it. Thank you! Never take control over the keeper before so it's time to learn some new tricks i guess. :D

How do you move the GK before the kick?

Played a bunch of games.. and if it wasn't for the fact I see Serie B kits I would ask myself if I indeed installed it at all or not. Seems more or less like before to me. Maybe even slightly worse. Anyway I absolutely can't see how this should be the big game changing patch they promised.. surely doesn't feel like it to me.

Who wanted more fouls or cpu dribbling more will be disappointed, anyway.

Mate at least try it for yourself.

there will be loads of differing opinions today. Take them all with a pinch of salt.
But once it's applied there is no going back, so I'll hold off in case I see that similar opinion from many people... did you try yourself yet?
Are u joking? The improvements are so good.. 1.4 is superior of 1.3 ... player awareness is the key and less aggresive ai ( between 1.3 and demo)... you have to try 1.4 .. rely on me mate
I like what you wrote, it all sounds very good, but I keep in mind that the game is very different on manual. I love the PA1 in 1.03, like he described almost "semi-manual" - that's a huge difference from robotic passing of 19. I think that's my favorite part of the game actually. I really hope it's not the case that they changed it... what about the first touch error? Did you see any change in that? I really enjoy how the ball can bounce off in random directions and that the first touch is not perfect for most players... please tell me it's still there! I don't think manual/PA1 should matter for this.

Also, when you say AI is less aggressive, do you mean in tackling? Or when the AI is on the ball? I thought it was too passive in demo and 1.0.

Last edited:
Perfect patch ...
I love how my cf s runs behind and you can pass through balls .. a lot of new variations in offence.. i was playing wide to avoid super aggresive cpu but now i can play tiki taka in the center with full manual passing...
Gk s are more active btw.. 1 vs 1 they come out more...
Passing is awesome in full manual manner.. i dunno what you feel with pa1 but if you think passing is too easy for tiki taka ( due to increased player awereness) try full manual it is at thr best balance for now...
First time passes enhanced for sure one touch passes are great for fast build up... i give 9/10 to this patch.. the only negative is still less fouls on collisions. ( i think they delibirately didnt correct that for online players- for the flow of the game )
They should just disable replays after minor fouls so the flow would be unaffected.

Back
Top Bottom