eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

But once it's applied there is no going back, so I'll hold off in case I see that similar opinion from many people... did you try yourself yet?

I like what you wrote, it all sounds very good, but I keep in mind that the game is very different on manual. I love the PA1 in 1.03, like he described almost "semi-manual" - that's a huge difference from robotic passing of 19. I think that's my favorite part of the game actually. I really hope it's not the case that they changed it... what about the first touch error? Did you see any change in that? I really enjoy how the ball can bounce off in random directions and that the first touch is not perfect for most players... please tell me it's still there! I don't think manual/PA1 should matter for this.

Also, when you say AI is less aggressive, do you mean in tackling? Or when the AI is on the ball? I thought it was too passive in demo and 1.0.
Playing third match now with Spezia vs Chievo and voila! first touch and passing error is there. Which wasn't the case with jeonbuk vs urawa. Gotta play more.

Played 2 matches this morning.
What really stood out to me: AI behavior!
Much more natural in passing and attacking. Liverpool and Inter, wich i played against with Rangers and Dortmund, weren’t that hectic in passing. They took time on the ball when needed.
More errors in their passing game as well.

Did they change the lighting a little? I think I noticed that on the pitch and on the player models itself before a match. Hm.

Reactions and responsiveness are better, imo.

So far, a good patch. Need to play more. Couldn’t find anything they made worse. So that’s a good thing as well.

:BYE:

Somebody already found out if they have fixed the freekicks from the AI? Are they missing some now or still scoring 9 out of 10?

The direct free kicks in this game are one of the most obvious flaws I've seen in a sports game. So much so that I felt the need to create an account on Evo-Web.

More than half of my free kicks have gone in and it doesn't even seem hard to pull off for someone who hasn't played PES in roughly 10 years. The AI free kicks have been less problematic for me, as I've managed to block most of them. They do seem to always hit the target though.

Played 2 matches this morning.
What really stood out to me: AI behavior!
Much more natural in passing and attacking. Liverpool and Inter, wich i played against with Rangers and Dortmund, weren’t that hectic in passing. They took time on the ball when needed.
More errors in their passing game as well.

Did they change the lighting a little? I think I noticed that on the pitch and on the player models itself before a match. Hm.

Reactions and responsiveness are better, imo.

So far, a good patch. Need to play more. Couldn’t find anything they made worse. So that’s a good thing as well.

:BYE:

Hows it comparing to v1.00 in terms of freedom and looseness of passing and dribbling? And the AI reacting to feints etc...?

Hi guys, I have the pes universe V2 patch installed previously, can I just go ahead and install this update? Reason I ask is because V2 had Serie B kits in their patch?

Thanks

That's exactly when the old ones came out on PS2, right? End of october?

I actually think they still follow the old development cycle. Even if Pes releases in August sometimes or September, the actual development is always completed in October-November.

And then there is the Final Evolution version which makes the game a whole lot better, that is the usual March patch.

Dudes - advice needed.

I have a Serie B option file which did give us kits, stadia names and manager names.

This new Data Pack will overwrite all of that, right? How would I get manager names and stadia back? install the option back over it?

Dudes - advice needed.

I have a Serie B option file which did give us kits, stadia names and manager names.

This new Data Pack will overwrite all of that, right? How would I get manager names and stadia back? install the option back over it?
Would be good to know..I think it will stay there but not sure. I saw now that they included the trophy for serie a..and adboard aswell.

ok it all seems legit just played a couple of the same matches I played last night in ML by reloading the save most noticeable aspect was being able to now dribble past the AI a little better and less of their heat seeking missle behaviour in defense

sadly no change with the fouls actually in the very first minute of the first match i played my player was violently assualted from behind and the ref didnt even blink did make me laugh actually

ok it all seems legit just played a couple of the same matches I played last night in ML by reloading the save most noticeable aspect was being able to now dribble past the AI a little better and less of their heat seeking missle behaviour in defense

sadly no change with the fouls actually in the very first minute of the first match i played my player was violently assualted from behind and the ref didnt even blink did make me laugh actually

This kind of casual violence is a sign of the times I'm afraid. A powerful sociological statement being made by the developers at konami, once again.

So do i need to start a new master League to feel the gameplay changes or can i go further with the older one?
You know I was asking myself the same thing. Rationally I know it translates but I'm still kinda paranoic it wouldn't lol. Hopefully i's like Negatrev said as I'm tired of restart MLs :D .

Just one game with the new patch. Leicester vs ManU cpu, top player.
ManU started the game with a passive approach and I was already 2-0 by HT with Madisson scoring both goals. I was just tearing them apart (my team spirit is at 93). I'm thinking OK I will go to SS level in my next game.
Second half starts and wtf. They've made some changes bringing Martial as LWF and Mata on a free role. They went on tight marking Madisson and they completely shut me down. They're build up suddenly was something I've never seen in a football videogame. So natural and intelligent, I couldn't do anything really. They just crashed me 2-5 with some amazing goals. It didn't feel scripted, they were playing some impressive football attacking from the middle, from the flanks, from everywhere. Not once they used the turn and shoot thing.
I don't know yet, need to play more. Ball on feet felt more free, dribbling was easier for sure, midfield more compact.
I'll play the same game on SS in a while. Very impressed by the AI in 2nd half, I would like to see the same in 1st half. Yes football is a game of 2 halves and it showed in this game but I need to play more before giving some full impressions on the new patch. Still though this game is the closest to real life football we ever had. It has its flaws but it is miles ahead of any other football game released all these decades imo.

Just one game with the new patch. Leicester vs ManU cpu, top player.
ManU started the game with a passive approach and I was already 2-0 by HT with Madisson scoring both goals. I was just tearing them apart (my team spirit is at 93). I'm thinking OK I will go to SS level in my next game.
Second half starts and wtf. They've made some changes bringing Martial as LWF and Mata on a free role. They went on tight marking Madisson and they completely shut me down. They're build up suddenly was something I've never seen in a football videogame. So natural and intelligent, I couldn't do anything really. They just crashed me 2-5 with some amazing goals. It didn't feel scripted, they were playing some impressive football attacking from the middle, from the flanks, from everywhere. Not once they used the turn and shoot thing.
I don't know yet, need to play more. Ball on feet felt more free, dribbling was easier for sure, midfield more compact.
I'll play the same game on SS in a while. Very impressed by the AI in 2nd half, I would like to see the same in 1st half. Yes football is a game of 2 halves and it showed in this game but I need to play more before giving some full impressions on the new patch. Still though this game is the closest to real life football we ever had. It has its flaws but it is miles ahead of any other football game released all these decades imo.

It seems more dynamic ? Can't wait to try it myself tonight :EASY:

+ player positioning is maybe a bit better i would say
+ first touches is a bit better, have more error/spin to it
+ attacking ai has a bit more variety ( i did not see to such extent the pass to the striker who turns and shoots tactic but pretty sure its still there)

- its still pretty easy to get the ball to your striker with one cutting pass from the CB
- goalkeepers are still superhuman
- its still very easy to catch up to any fast player whos carrying the ball especially for the cpu
- dribbling is still literally useless, players with finesse still move like tanks
- every player tackles like Maldini, dont expect fouls
- superstar players dont really oppose much threat still, the cpu rather is about pass and pass then shoot instead of dribble sometime with the appropiate players

Its an ok patch but did not really touch up on some major problems, not to mention such things that were in the demo already.:ANX:

One bad moment and a good one from my Feyenoord ML.

The bad one, which to me is quite the highlight of the "passingitis" of this game:

The Vitesse guy pierced my midfield, did a wonderful run and even dribble my last defender to my surprise.. to do what? Pass to the marked guy. Even if I still see the odd dribbling here and there, it's like it's ingrained in their DNA that passing is the absolute priority over almost anything. Meh.

Now for the good one, I faced Man U, in EL, lost 2-1 and scored this outside goal:

I was (positively) surprised as well. Low, not perfectly angled.. I hope it's not just a case and I'll be able to see more like this. Berghuis is also quite a good shooter so it felt pretty realistic. Don't ask me why but Man U bought Donnarumma.. lol.

By the way, all in all, to me from these first games behind all the flaws it still makes for a wonderful game of football, but I was of the same opinion even before, so take it for what it is. I'm not sure how can you truly love the game after today's patch if you completely hated it before.

Last edited:
Just had a quick 15 min game before starting work, Seems good seems really good infact. Like a far more refined version of the demo.

Things that stood out, Slowed down, Camera works far better. More Randomness. Better player positioning, Away fans in proper place at Ibrox. Aresnal Keeper came flying off his line while i was at an angle going into the box, My chip his the post and out looked stunning. Gameplay all round much more realistic in how build plays up or quick counters.

If you didnt like the game previously i dont think this patch will change that. If you did like the game i think you will love it now.

Looking forward to a sesh tonight on it.

Oh one downside, The AI felt a bit easy like the demo. But it was only after 1 game so i could be wrong there.

For me it's much improved and preferred 1.00 Vanilla. The randomness is back and the pace is lower than ever I feel, which I love. Played England vs France and England played much calmer than before, particularly noticed Stones holding onto the ball for longer, while Maguire would bring the ball into Midfield, very realistic. It meant if I could catch Maguire out Mbappe would be free, but I couldn't get the ball.

I'm looking forward to testing in my ML as this is where the AI never plays as well. But overall very happy with the patch, but need the fouls/ physicality back and then it's 9/10 for me. Oh and shooting in next PES needs to be abig focus, the variation is still miles off what Fifa has to offer in this department.

Back
Top Bottom