eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Maybe there are some good news for everyone expecting a bigger budget invested in Pes and other Konami videogames.

https://twinfinite.net/2020/01/konami-financial-results-q3-2020/

This year they lost lots of money according to their latest financial report and they are rethinking their strategy by investing in

increase of production costs for new titles and research and development costs.

Whats the general opinion on shooting mode - I'm settles on manual passing and have been using manual shooting and holding my own on top player but does basic have more variety?

I play on advanced. There's certainly a lot of sliced shots and it general feels a lot more loose. I like it

Eternal question though, is it possible to score long rangers?

After taking a few weeks off, I've just gone back to PES2020 and strangely, have scored numerous long-rangers (ie. 20-30 yards). They're more likely to work if you hit one from a layoff rather than say just burst through midfield and blast one, but I've even scored a couple like that now, and I typically play with only 1 and 2 star teams. Even the cpu has taken a few long-rangers against me when it never used to try them.

Something seems to have changed since I last played it (December), even though the game hasn't been patched since then. Not sure if Konami can rollout outcome changes (ie. probability of certain things coming off) in the live updates but I'd previously scored maybe 2 shots from 20+ yards in all the matches I'd played last year and have now scored around 10 in 2 days. And some of them are top corner specials, not just low drives.

After taking a few weeks off, I've just gone back to PES2020 and strangely, have scored numerous long-rangers (ie. 20-30 yards). They're more likely to work if you hit one from a layoff rather than say just burst through midfield and blast one, but I've even scored a couple like that now, and I typically play with only 1 and 2 star teams. Even the cpu has taken a few long-rangers against me when it never used to try them.

Something seems to have changed since I last played it (December), even though the game hasn't been patched since then. Not sure if Konami can rollout outcome changes (ie. probability of certain things coming off) in the live updates but I'd previously scored maybe 2 shots from 20+ yards in all the matches I'd played last year and have now scored around 10 in 2 days. And some of them are top corner specials, not just low drives.

Cool! Which setting do u use?

Eternal question though, is it possible to score long rangers?

I've hit one or two as has Pogba. I think my biggest issue with shots from distance is how long some of these animations take to play out. So most shots from distance get closed down and blocked.

I was controlling the player during celebration, and I was able press :square: and kick the ball. Is this a new feature in the series or has this been implemented for a while?

Your player kicks the ball automatically if you get close to it, it was just coincidence that you had pushed :square: at the same time.

I see. Before PES2020, I haven't played the game since PES 2015.

I thought as much lol. I tried it in other games and it wasn't working.
Not sure at the moment. It is possibly since 2016 , that the goal celebration menu was a "new feature", for the 20th anniversary!!! :D :D :P

The most frustrating part of this game for me, is when you are going for a rough tackle, but the game thinks you are going for a lofted pass instead. This usually happens when the AI goes for a through ball and you want to go for a foul, the player instead tries to go for a lofted pass and the AI then proceeds to take the ball and score. If I do not have the ball, I want to tackle when I press the freaking tackle button, not go for a lofted pass?!

How come PES 6 has this simple control feature but not this game? It is maddening!

I really like almost all of the online mode this year (bar co-op mode). My favourite is MyClub and Matchday (preset & custom squad). I would like to delve in Online Division too at some point but seems hard to find a game. The online mode is still suffering from latency issue and modest-low player count during non-special event / matchday. But i don't think the game deserves average score on many reviewer sites, be it user's or professional's score. Despite all of the bad rep regarding KONAMI these days, they always treat PES / WE fanbase really well.

From the last Monsieur Quinton video, apparently (he says 98% sure) PES 2021 are made only for the current gen console and the first PES next-gen are PES 2022.

13:00

They probably need an extra year to move it onto the next gen systems which is a shame. The current state of the game is crying out for a proper update.

They probably need an extra year to move it onto the next gen systems which is a shame. The current state of the game is crying out for a proper update.

If there were any brains at konami they could use PES 2021 to experiment with paid DLC, 2 years of updates/patches and longer server duration.

Maybe even just focus the year on game modes, cheater ID, PES 2020 upgrades, allowing switch to vanilla.

There are no brains there tho. Lack of brain = fatter wallet for me.

Back
Top Bottom