eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Hi guys i need quick answer please.. i want to play become legend/ master league...
I want to know the right method of using patch and gameplay modes in online/offline
should i create new game folder for offline ( patch + gameplay modes)?
and what about the save folder in documents in online/offline, please i need help

For those who believe that the "transfermakrkt" database is not shallow and that is applies after the first 1-2 seasons, just check the video below. Also it shows how broken the regens system still is. The best players on ML in season 2034-2035 are 87 OPR (this seems that maybe he SIM-ed the seasons for testing purposes) and many of the top rated of them play for clubs like:Free Agent/others, Luzern, Atletico Go, Benevento, West Ham, Trat, Luton Town, Al Wahda, etc,etc and similar!

Lol you mean like how half my players are on loan in South America because they're the only teams that bid for them? Transfers didn't get better. The prices just got bigger. Heck they didn't even scale them up properly.

Not to mention them giving everyone and their mom a release clause. And what's the point of even having them if there AI isn't going to use them when you set a player to refuse all offers?

I remember, when the trailer for ML dropped, going on Reddit and seeing pay say that they were convinced by the trailer and how they were going to buy 2020 because ML was definitely going to be better.

Well it isn't. Transfers are the same and the mode is still the same. Even the cutscenes they added are the same every season lol.

I've heard people talk about players not developing fast enough or overalls improving enough. I can't really speak on that because I've started over so many times and haven't gotten past a second season.

I'm not a fan of how development works in this game. I haven't been for the last few. The game used to have different potential types a decade ago and i have no idea why they went away from that.

Does anyone have any tips for beating the cpu on Superstar.. I feel ashamed even asking being that I've been playing iss/pes since 98. But, on SS, seems like it's impossible. Won 4 games but they were all a struggle. Usually I play on top player. So any advice guys please?
Last patch on PA1 and Advanced shooting in league and cup mode was using lots of super cancel to skip the tackles to provide space - however this latest patch im back on top player , i have won a couple on SS but is stressful as the tackling as almost telepathic - i actually enjoyed legendary more that SS so might be worth picking a good team in a custom cup with all rubbish teams so its a bit easier to unlock .

The bad part for me is on TP the AI attacking is a bit shit - not unplayable but just a bit drab. SS the attacking is better but the defense is too good at times - just needs a sweet spot

For those who believe that the "transfermakrkt" database is not shallow and that is applies after the first 1-2 seasons, just check the video below. Also it shows how broken the regens system still is. The best players on ML in season 2034-2035 are 87 OPR (this seems that maybe he SIM-ed the seasons for testing purposes) and many of the top rated of them play for clubs like:Free Agent/others, Luzern, Atletico Go, Benevento, West Ham, Trat, Luton Town, Al Wahda, etc,etc and similar!

Ummm clearly in the vid there are higher rated players as well.

Ummm clearly in the vid there are higher rated players as well.
Yes indeed. Didn't you see Reus 90+ playing for Las Palmas, Tevez 90+ pkaying for Basaksehir or another 90+ player playing for Göztepe?

On your bolded quote. Yes in the way an style i wrote it seems wrong, i wanted to say something about regens and development but i regretted and left it half-arses. Your point here , pardon me.

But the in the core question. How do you find the transfers? After the first couple of season eerything goes berserk as usual. Irish veterans going to Brazilian clubs, Slovakian regens playing in Chile, etc.

Last edited:
Yes indeed. Didn't you see Reus 90+ playing for Las Palmas, Tevez 90+ pkaying for Basaksehir or another 90+ player playing for Göztepe?

On your bolded quote. Yes in the way an style i wrote it seems wrong, i wanted to say something about regens and development but i regretted and left it half-arses. Your point here , pardon me.

But the in the core question. How do you find the transfers? After the first couple of season eerything goes berserk as usual. Irish veterans going to Brazilian clubs, Slovakian regens playing in Chile, etc.

I assume the regens are randomized within all the teams. So there is no colleration between a good regen and a good team. And it seems those teams stuck with them ie Ronaldo at Everton.

I assume the regens are randomized within all the teams. So there is no colleration between a good regen and a good team. And it seems those teams stuck with them ie Ronaldo at Everton.
I agree. So am i wrong when i say , that all this "transfermarkt" database hype, with realistic prices and transfers, is only viable in the first 1-2 seasons of a ML? I personally find it shallow, if all this mess is just functioning for a season, as it works now on PES2020.

I agree. So am i wrong when i say , that all this "transfermarkt" database hype, with realistic prices and transfers, is only viable in the first 1-2 seasons of a ML? I personally find it shallow, if all this mess is just functioning for a season, as it works now on PES2020.

Sure it is. Must be that the prices are still tied to player IDs instead calculated by overalls for regens. Once a regen happens it should be calculated by his overall, potential instead.

Got to final of custom cup against Juve top player

I went 1 nil down after 6 mins then equalized on 12 - then it was to and fro all game - quite enjoyable - i scored on 83 mins what looked to be the winner until Ronaldo on 93 mins equalized - i was fuming

In the middle of extra time mane for me misses a sitter but he was on a red bar, ronaldo also missed a pretty simple chance.

To pens and i was winning until last 3 and keeper saves all of them ..gutted but felt destined to lose

Ia there any way to understand Advanced tactics? I tinker with it a lot but in the end I can't tell ANY difference from when I just go without it on.

Last edited:
Last patch on PA1 and Advanced shooting in league and cup mode was using lots of super cancel to skip the tackles to provide space - however this latest patch im back on top player , i have won a couple on SS but is stressful as the tackling as almost telepathic - i actually enjoyed legendary more that SS so might be worth picking a good team in a custom cup with all rubbish teams so its a bit easier to unlock .

The bad part for me is on TP the AI attacking is a bit shit - not unplayable but just a bit drab. SS the attacking is better but the defense is too good at times - just needs a sweet spot
Thank you mate. Just wanted to get that SS trophy and now I'll be back on TP as I enjoy that more, and not getting frustrated 😤😂...

Saying that, I'm tempted to go with Legend difficulty just one game, to see how hard that is🤔

Top player is in only good against top teams unfortunately. Juve beat me on pens and it was a decent game but average and good teams just don't attack enough and it's more can I break their defence down which I usually can. Think I may step up to SS and try to unlock legend again

Ia there any way to understand Advanced tactics? I tinker with it a lot but in the end I can't tell ANY difference from when I just go without it on.

Well you can certainly see the hug the touchline tactic in play, at least I do. Especially if you stick the midfielders out wide. Same goes for Attacking full backs and fake 9 tactic and the Anchorman.

I certainly see them in work all the time and use them regularly. especially man marking for Defence, you can always see the player being marked by your chosen player.

Well you can certainly see the hug the touchline tactic in play, at least I do. Especially if you stick the midfielders out wide. Same goes for Attacking full backs and fake 9 tactic and the Anchorman.

I certainly see them in work all the time and use them regularly. especially man marking for Defence, you can always see the player being marked by your chosen player.

You are completely right. I actually meant Fluid formations but wrote advanced instructions. Sorry.

So, same question but in regards to Fluid formations? I can't figure it out.

You are completely right. I actually meant Fluid formations but wrote advanced instructions. Sorry.

So, same question but in regards to Fluid formations? I can't figure it out.
You mean, that saying kick off/when on the ball/ when off the ball?

You mean, that saying kick off/when on the ball/ when off the ball?

Exactly! I can't figure out if they do anything at all. Even when I change around a lot between the three.

Also, what is the Kick off formation for? Is it just was it says, who they line up at kick off? Then they position themselves depending on how you have set it up for offense/defense? What's the point with that?

Exactly! I can't figure out if they do anything at all. Even when I change around a lot between the three.

Also, what is the Kick off formation for? Is it just was it says, who they line up at kick off? Then they position themselves depending on how you have set it up for offense/defense? What's the point with that?
To be honest, i tried once in 2018 and what i noticed was it used to deplete my players stamina too fast, even in PES2018 where stamina was "broken".

As to how it works, when on possession and when on defense, it is what is says. For -The kick off- option i have read two opinions:
1) It is only for the initiation, like a plan on sheet and after it switches from ON and OFF the ball. (this is what most people say)
2) It is the initial plan of (shape) of your team, on kick off and in every kick-in ball, goal kick, free kick, etc.

On both cases it is most something "on paper". The "kick off" situation.

The guy above me has nailed. To be honest, I usually turn them off and just use a set formation. That way I know exactly where the players are. There are formations which use the fluid option which you can copy to save you having to try and work it out yourself. Usually people on here/Youtube have videos on that.

To be honest, i tried once in 2018 and what i noticed was it used to deplete my players stamina too fast, even in PES2018 where stamina was "broken".

As to how it works, when on possession and when on defense, it is what is says. For -The kick off- option i have read two opinions:
1) It is only for the initiation, like a plan on sheet and after it switches from ON and OFF the ball. (this is what most people say)
2) It is the initial plan of (shape) of your team, on kick off and in every kick-in ball, goal kick, free kick, etc.

On both cases it is most something "on paper". The "kick off" situation.

Cheers mate, it's pretty much how thought it worked. I just can't seem to notice the changes I make. Making the CMF more attack minded by having him as a AMF when on the ball. Luis Alberto for Lazio for example, I feel he acts the same way as if I don't use Fluid formations and have him as a CMF (or AMF).

Logically he would operate higher up the pitch as a AMF and not come as deep but he seems to move around the same area anyway.

Edit: he's a Classic no10 so that might have something to do with it though.

Cheers mate, it's pretty much how thought it worked. I just can't seem to notice the changes I make. Making the CMF more attack minded by having him as a AMF when on the ball. Luis Alberto for Lazio for example, I feel he acts the same way as if I don't use Fluid formations and have him as a CMF (or AMF).

Logically he would operate higher up the pitch as a AMF and not come as deep but he seems to move around the same area anyway.

Edit: he's a Classic no10 so that might have something to do with it though.
I am very suspicious on this. I have many ideas on why and how, but in order to be short and non-repeatitive, i believe that since the developers give the game half-baked, such "complicated" or contradicting or "more than meets the eye" instructions maybe self-neutrilised, I.E.: a CMF that has a "Destroyer" playstyle, when he is assigned to play as AMF and he is not a "Hole Player" maybe he just stays like a scarecrow! The midfield is already a void btw, but this is an other topic.

In shorter terms, when the problem is 1+1=?, the game runs ok and smooth and whatever, resulting to 1+1=2. When the problem is 1+0,5+0,5=?, the games seems to struggle to answer, resulting to ERROR404 at times!

I had similar question, when i tested the fluid on my 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 variations, while the only changes were, the WFs that should become SMFs to cover the front of my SBs. The performance did not convince me that it worthed the mess.

PS: If anyone has tested it, and can assure that it works 100% in minor switches, i would be the first to try it , as i have some ideas in mind. And ONLY if it works without draining out the stamina from someone that is instructed to play in a close area. Of course if i set the LB to become CF on attack, i expect he gets exhausted. I mean, i do not want the stamina drain to the CMF thats becomes AMF , some meters ahead.

Last edited:
I've had my questions about it this year tbf. Especially in how to get my players doing what i actually want them to do given how passive the AI can be; attacking mids just sitting with the center mids well outside the box and wide forwards/mids just sitting out wide.

I don't think the stamina is that much of a problem tbf. I do think players get more tired faster in general this year.

Another issue i have is just defensive pressing in general. Players take the strangest angles and make the strangest decisions when told to engage or press a player on the ball.

When i want a player to press, i expect him to go the player on the ball. Not run in a different direction before actually doing it.

Hi All
Log time lurker and long time pes fan.
So lockdown has reignited the pro evo passion for me and my friends,we usually crowd round to a mates house have done for almost 20 years now.
However kids, work, stops us all getting together.
so 2 very quick questions
can you do 2v2 online we have found the clan feature but we would like to do 2v2 online just against friends is this possible?? All 4 located in different places so no guest account available.
Something like a private match say.
The menus have always let the game down over the years.

second question relates to my club
so we have a squad of players in my club and again as a group we like playing clan matches with the squad, but we still get players from other clan members my club teams,(default players) which are not up to scratch, i imagine its a formation and players in the correct position issue.
Is there a way to just have a set squad of players at all times and not have players from other clan members my club team.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help would be super.

What is the difference between Man Marking and Track Back? Both abilities seem similar in their description.

I am trying to decide which ability is best for a The Destroyer Central Midfielder like Zobnin.

Back
Top Bottom