eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I remove it and install again. Then i start playing straight disc versio 1.00 it's much way better than 6.0. That new patch 6.0 kills the game :( I can't install any patch now, but so what, game it's much better now :D

I'm genuinely curious about trying that myself. That's one thing i don't think I've ever done before

E3 would have been around june 10 with the first PES 21 trailer and details....pretty sure we either get 1. A half assed game in september or 2. the release date will be pushed back to lets say november.

Im 100÷ it will come out as Konami wants our money also lets face it its 2020 with some update so at worst we get less update on it. Which is pretty sad, there is already reasonable excuse not to work on ml, presentation, ai.

Too bad also im afraid 2022 will be another new engine...which means we might get another barebone, beta version game like 2008 or 2014. Lets hope they can stick to Fox and improve on it on next gen, at least the new machines can handle its cpu demand.

E3 would have been around june 10 with the first PES 21 trailer and details....pretty sure we either get 1. A half assed game in september or 2. the release date will be pushed back to lets say november.

Im 100÷ it will come out as Konami wants our money also lets face it its 2020 with some update so at worst we get less update on it. Which is pretty sad, there is already reasonable excuse not to work on ml, presentation, ai.

Too bad also im afraid 2022 will be another new engine...which means we might get another barebone, beta version game like 2008 or 2014. Lets hope they can stick to Fox and improve on it on next gen, at least the new machines can handle its cpu demand.

It's such a vicious cycle. One that would end if they stopped releasing yearly. Which is the impossible dream

So.. Here's my penalty stats. Over 220 games and no pens awarded. Granted I do play many exhibitions on TP but still. I do play be a Legend mode and I've completed the Champions League several times as well as master league. Must be doing something wrong. Fks seem like pens to me anyway haha

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_132114.jpg
    IMG_20200513_132114.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200513_132110.jpg
    IMG_20200513_132110.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 27
So.. Here's my penalty stats. Over 220 games and no pens awarded. Granted I do play many exhibitions on TP but still. I do play be a Legend mode and I've completed the Champions League several times as well as master league. Must be doing something wrong. Fks seem like pens to me anyway haha
I'm just waiting for "well I've had plenty so it's the way you've played your 220 games"... :D

Same for me. Not a single Penalty after many Years in Master League.
Playing on Superstar.

Out of interest, I've been playing 2017, 2018, and 2019 over the past week. I've come to the late realization that the RS dribbling in 2020 is one of Konami's biggest blunders in recent times.

They've made some bad decisions over the years but for me, this is up there. Its flawed inclusion comes at the detriment to a few of the game's good recent additions as well as doing a worse job at 'jinking run' or whatever they renamed it this time. I can only hope it becomes another casualty to konami's yearly random feature removal .

I'm just waiting for "well I've had plenty so it's the way you've played your 220 games"... :D
I don't get you! I have plenty of them. On top of that I've scored all of them!!! :D :P

Jokes aside, checked my records room the other day, after 500 matches I have a OK average of 0.02 per match, which translates to 2 every 100 matches. Seems fair. :(

EDIT: for anyone that wil bitch me up, 493 matches 99% ML.

Attachments

• 15894470268144365118313719775637.jpg
    15894470268144365118313719775637.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 15894470627646663014941868756238.jpg
    15894470627646663014941868756238.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Compared yours with mine. I am doing better/luckier at PKs, 0.02>>>0.00, but you are better at FKs. 1.74 while mine is 1.22.

If Konami do use Unreal Engine 5, it will be from next year as it says it's releasing in 2021. So this year they may stick with Fox Engine, or use Unreal Engine 4 and upgrade next year.

If they do take full advantage of it, they could easily have the best looking football game out there. Madden 21 teaser last week for XSX looked pretty much the same as XB1 so Fifa won't be looking any better.

I won another penalty!

Kessie ran into the box, I used the R2 button to come back (not cut inside) and was taken down. And then I scored!

My first won and converted penalty in 137 games!

As I've mentioned before I play matches in Exhibition Mode and simulate seasons through Football Manager. This gives me some degree of flexibility to "fix" things.

I keep quite detailed stats going in the background to record what I think should be my reality. In other games I have corrected goal scorers, for example, if there was an issue with DMs breaking forward into the box.

Well in this game I have to "correct" the number of penalties. My rules are simple:

- if any player (a CPU player or one of my players) commits what I deem to be a foul in the box I award a penalty in my head;
- in the case of penalties I award to my team, if my penalty taker scores in that game I record it as a penalty;
- in the case of penalties I award to the CPU, if the CPU scores in that game I record it as a penalty.

Now applying those rules in 137 games or 2.5 seasons I've awarded myself 15 penalties which I actually think is just about right.

What this means is that, to my mind, the game is generating enough penalty incidents, it's just not translating into awarded penalties.

The penalties I'm awarding are for quite blatant fouls in the box. Fouls which would've been awarded elsewhere on the pitch. I'm seeing enough fouls outside of the box for both teams. Sometimes too many. In the box however it just doesn't happen. The CPU is not as aggressive in either it's dribbling to win penalties or its tackling to concede them.

So all it requires is a minor tweak. So close. But this is the beauty of the way I play the game. I can "fix" things I don't like. Everything except the result is fair game.

I think Konami needs to move on from the Fox Engine, I believe PES will be better off for it.
Same here, it was never meant for sports game. Its horrible in every aspect. They had to use third party shaders to get on par with other games visually, the transitioning between cutscenes are horrible, has the unresponsive feel since 2014 no matter how fast they've sped up. Trash physics engine, terrible collision system resulting ins subsequent referring decisions, horrendous.

I'm not completely writing it off, there are some instances ,the ball physics look good and some animations are nice, but somethings clearly off. They NEED to move away from fox engine and this year would be the perfect time. If they stick to fox then for me personally, its just lazy from konami.

Unreal engine would be awesome, so much possibilities for the future.

but to be honest, i dont think Konami will handle the next generation situation as good as other Publisher... the step to nextgen is nothing that you make in a year, Rockstar start to work on GTA 6 since 2014.... i doubt Konami is in good shape to deliver on first attempt a great nextgen footballgame!

look at pes 2014 it was a desaster, nice elements but unfinished and buggy... sorry but i play ths game too long to have faith in "nextgen" PES

Unreal engine would be awesome, so much possibilities for the future.

but to be honest, i dont think Konami will handle the next generation situation as good as other Publisher... the step to nextgen is nothing that you make in a year, Rockstar start to work on GTA 6 since 2014.... i doubt Konami is in good shape to deliver on first attempt a great nextgen footballgame!

look at pes 2014 it was a desaster, nice elements but unfinished and buggy... sorry but i play ths game too long to have faith in "nextgen" PES

I feel the same, PES this gen was ok but they need to really make it sing on the next gen consoles, I'd rather they skipped a year to get it right rather than churn out another game on the Fox Engine for 2021. I really do hope the game gets the improvements it needs, it feels a bit rigid still even after all these years and the content and presentation need massively improving, and please get rid of the atrocious blue ring loading screens.

I feel the same, PES this gen was ok but they need to really make it sing on the next gen consoles, I'd rather they skipped a year to get it right rather than churn out another game on the Fox Engine for 2021. I really do hope the game gets the improvements it needs, it feels a bit rigid still even after all these years and the content and presentation need massively improving, and please get rid of the atrocious blue ring loading screens.

With Ps5 and XSX ssd speed loading times should be non existent. But it is Konami and Pes team we are talking about here, so i'm not sure about that.

Honestly i don't know if they are simply unable to make a good game on technical level or they can't do it because there are so few people working on it. Or if it's because of the low budget allocated to Pes development.

The thing with UE5 is: it looks amazing, truly amazing. But, is it flexible enough to be adapted to a football game? I still think Konami needs to develop an engine specifically for its football games, but i don't think that will happen. It would cost so much and i think they simply don't want to invest so much just for Pes.

Last edited:
its a thin red line, if konami dont invest and deliver than the gap betweein pes and fifa will be bigger and bigger.

Konami had no chance in terms of, licence, prasentaion, and amosphere, but in this gen its good in gameplay and gfx.

with more manpower they can shurely deliver much more, now you see the delay of EURO 2020 and bug fixes they dont have the recources.

the right way is when konami develope pes 2021 since the last 4 years on unreal engine 4 and port it for nexgen to unreal engine 5 und for current gen still unreal engine 4. whatever they do they need a complete new startup with a new engine to really reboot the series.

Same here, it was never meant for sports game. Its horrible in every aspect. They had to use third party shaders to get on par with other games visually, the transitioning between cutscenes are horrible, has the unresponsive feel since 2014 no matter how fast they've sped up. Trash physics engine, terrible collision system resulting ins subsequent referring decisions, horrendous.

I'm not completely writing it off, there are some instances ,the ball physics look good and some animations are nice, but somethings clearly off. They NEED to move away from fox engine and this year would be the perfect time. If they stick to fox then for me personally, its just lazy from konami.
What’s the name of the engine used before fox?

I won't claim to know what Konami is doing inside their obscure unholy development chambers, but I'd bet that the engine is not really the stopping point; Metar Gear looks beautiful on that engine already. My guess is that Konami simply manages their resources carefully and has to prioritize which areas to improve. Probably gameplay and data is the main concern in a game of this size.

I don't see how Fox or Unreal engines could be "not appropriate" for a football game. If something, they are overpowered for such a game.

Luckily, the team is already experienced with the Unreal engine, so my bet is that they will use it for the next-gen game.

What’s the name of the engine used before fox?
Dont really know the name, mate, i think its inhouse engine developed by konami. Its heavily borrowed from ps2 days. PES 6 on 360 and pes 2008 next gen look awefully similar so i think anything prior to 2014 was heavily optimized old engine. I could be off the mark though so im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom