eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

for sure better than the upcoming EURO DLC from Konami :LMAO::APPLAUD:

tried it but after getting beat as England '90 by Costa Rica and S Korea on Superstar and then Egypt on Top Player, I decided to stop.

i need DP7 to give us THE ULTIMATE BEST gameplay PES can provide - I've felt those spontaneous free flowing games so its possible.

Anything less and I'm done cos the efficiency rating of a game like PES is LOW as hell.

Put simply : output [FUN] < input [WORK ADDING PATCHES/EXPERIMENTING WITH SETUPS and MODES ETC].

Which leads me to put simply 2 : F that.

tried it but after getting beat as England '90 by Costa Rica and S Korea on Superstar and then Egypt on Top Player, I decided to stop.

i need DP7 to give us THE ULTIMATE BEST gameplay PES can provide - I've felt those spontaneous free flowing games so its possible.

Anything less and I'm done cos the efficiency rating of a game like PES is LOW as hell.

Put simply : output [FUN] < input [WORK ADDING PATCHES/EXPERIMENTING WITH SETUPS and MODES ETC].

Which leads me to put simply 2 : F that.
You should try playing proffessional mode, the other options are to much tweaked in favour of the cpu

Should be getting some PES 2021 news soon id of thought? the official trailer for 2020 was released on June the 11th 2019.

Should be getting some PES 2021 news soon id of thought? the official trailer for 2020 was released on June the 11th 2019.
With the whole covid-19 situation, it's uncertain times.
They'll probably delay things.
I don't expect any news regarding PES 2021 until the end of June or Early July.
Remember that there is no E3 this year, the Euro DLC would've just been released on the 4th of June and the start of the new football season would probably get delayed till October.
All indications that a change in the marketing/release timeline is probably going to happen.

In my league mode on SS i won 1 nil scoring a late header from a corner - when i watched the replay and zoomed in which i dont normally make a habit of it looks like the ball goes through the goalies gloves and goes in - is this scripting in my favour or just poor collision detection

In my league mode on SS i won 1 nil scoring a late header from a corner - when i watched the replay and zoomed in which i dont normally make a habit of it looks like the ball goes through the goalies gloves and goes in - is this scripting in my favour or just poor collision detection
As I’m a replay junkie, it’s scripting imo.
Have seen that “a thousand times”!
It would be super cool to have those finger tip saves in as a feature (especially when considering those GK quick reaction animations are in the game)!

Both lol.

I´ve had situations were the game applies scripting to my favour as well. Some matches are not that noticeable, but sometimes I can really notice it and it gives me that idea of cheap goal just because...

I must be one of the only people who love this game on Superstar.

A football game almost needs scripting, otherwise we'd all be on here saying 'even on legend this is way too easy'. Just look at FIFA and what a mess them difficulty levels are.

I love that this game gets my back up at times, that I'm on the edge of my seat, every button input matters so I don't concede a goal, it's why I play PES.

Take for example, my current ML. I'm Milan, 3 seasons in. Team full of players between 80-90 rated. TS is sat on 95. I'm on a run of 4 or 5 wins, beating mid to lower placed teams by 2 or 3 goals. Udinese at home, that should be another win. Nope, they defend for their life's, hit me twice on the break and snatch a 2-1 win. Scripted, possibly. But without a result like that, I'd waltz the League and it'd be boring. 2 games later, I beat top of the League Juve 2-1 at home in a mental end-to-end match. Just like IRL, these results happen.

I must be one of the only people who love this game on Superstar.

A football game almost needs scripting, otherwise we'd all be on here saying 'even on legend this is way too easy'. Just look at FIFA and what a mess them difficulty levels are.

I love that this game gets my back up at times, that I'm on the edge of my seat, every button input matters so I don't concede a goal, it's why I play PES.

Take for example, my current ML. I'm Milan, 3 seasons in. Team full of players between 80-90 rated. TS is sat on 95. I'm on a run of 4 or 5 wins, beating mid to lower placed teams by 2 or 3 goals. Udinese at home, that should be another win. Nope, they defend for their life's, hit me twice on the break and snatch a 2-1 win. Scripted, possibly. But without a result like that, I'd waltz the League and it'd be boring. 2 games later, I beat top of the League Juve 2-1 at home in a mental end-to-end match. Just like IRL, these results happen.

I was just about to write a rant about Superstar and read this!

I too am playing with Milan and have just finished my third season. I played my first season (which was my first ever season of PES in 5 years) on Professional and finished 2nd.

I moved up to Top Player in my second season playing 10 minute halves and won the league.

I cut the halves down to 7 minutes in my third season and continued on Top Player and won the title finishing on 103 points (but in fairness Napoli finished 2nd on 94).

So I figured I needed a bigger challenge and moved up to Superstar and 10 minute halves. The first 2.5 games seemed like normal: a 5:1 win v Cagliari, a 2:0 v Genoa, took the league against Lazio and then BAM it all went to pot and have lost 3 in a row conceding 2 to Lazio, losing to Basel in the Champions League and to Verona back in the league.

And the biggest issue is that it seems like the CPU level hasn't increased, my players have been handicapped. So many passes are going astray especially passing headers and passes back to my DM (who is usually man marked anyway). The game has become one big frustration fest where I can't seem to get anything right.

And I'm getting so angry. I've had 3 seasons of fun. It was a little too easy but fun. Now it's just anger and frustration. That's just not enjoyable. Sure the two wins were nice but the 3 losses have been really painful.

I've seen a few free kicks given for simulation against the cpu.
Yeah I've had this today , diving in the area and getting booked.

Also I've been setting double anchor for adv tactics to both my central mids, makes midfield much more balanced and kills the end to end

Don't think we'll ever see a properly licensed Euro/World Cup game ever again and that's sad. I'd rather pay for the whole experience once every 2 or so years than free updates.

Free is good, but also has its drawbacks.

Huge, and terrible, potential news when it comes to modding.

Manchester United are suing Sports Interactive (creators of Football Manager) for allowing, and "encouraging", mods that add a licensed Manchester United into the game.

Konami will be watching this case like a hawk. If United win... We might not be able to edit the game so easily any more.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...manager-makers-over-use-of-clubs-name-in-game

Manchester United are suing Sports Interactive (creators of Football Manager) for allowing, and "encouraging", mods that add a licensed Manchester United into the game.

Konami will be watching this case like a hawk. If United win... We might not be able to edit the game so easily any more.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...manager-makers-over-use-of-clubs-name-in-game

They need some of that £28M back that they've recently lost. They'll be suing people next for wearing out-of-date shirts when they finally re-open.

I was reading this. Pes is still alive mostly because of option files, who will care about Pes anymore if they will be forced to remove the most distinctive Pes trait since its birth?

See also:

Funnily enough, Official Gaming Partner of Manchester United is... KONAMI.

For everyone still doubting if Konami has enough money or not to invest in Pes

dKq2o23.png

Konami last year earned about Ubisoft's range and more than Capcom. Look at the size of games Ubisoft releases, look at the awesome RE2 remake. Konami can do so much more with Pes, they are far from a poor indie company.

I don't speak spanish but last week Football Federation from Ecuador are reporting PES 6 Patch, yes a PES 6 Patch.

That is one ridiculous lawsuit. I can understand the standpoint of not wanting your named used without permission or compensation, but to using the modding community as grounds to demand compensation could set a very frightening precedent that could go far beyond just sports gaming

Modding isn't just a huge part of FM or PES. It's a huge part of gaming and always has been.

Needless to say, and I don't say this ever, I hope United lose this one.

It is frustrating because if United win we will literally be at the mercy of EA pretty much for our football video game fix.

For me I'd still play a football game regardless as long as the gameplay was fantastic, but there are others who won't give it the time if day without official names, players etc.

I still have to explain to mates this day that PES uses an option file to add the kits within 10 minutes.

That is one ridiculous lawsuit. I can understand the standpoint of not wanting your named used without permission or compensation, but to using the modding community as grounds to demand compensation could set a very frightening precedent that could go far beyond just sports gaming

Modding isn't just a huge part of FM or PES. It's a huge part of gaming and always has been.

Needless to say, and I don't say this ever, I hope United lose this one.
Ridiculous or not, people asking money for their OFs or their creations, are unwillingly creating a legal standpoint for the companies

Back
Top Bottom