eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Can be solved by FUMA :BOP:
well, for me its definetly not the cure! its a way of playing the game more freely, with more outcomes and possibilites. but yes, it can also be a tool to conquer some of the games flaws (wich shouldnt be its purpose in the first place, imo). SOME flaws yes, but by far not the most (important) of them! just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
For me its Superstar FM, although Im not sure how realistic it would be to play a full season on with a big team and challenge for the title as its difficult enough to win on in exhibition
I really enjoying SS full manual adv through ball league as Liverpool , think I'm 10th at the moment and good position to qualify in Europa cup group stage. Unlocked legend and that was a nightmare on fuma lol

For me its Superstar FM, although Im not sure how realistic it would be to play a full season on with a big team and challenge for the title as its difficult enough to win on in exhibition
Wow that's super impressive. FM too. I've played difficulty a few times however. Not FM so hats off to you. I need to practice more with FM

I previous games I have always used Professional with FUMA, went with Top Player now and have done alright. Think it depends a lot on the team you pick as well. I was using AZ in the Dutch ML and won it, but the games in the CL were very tough and I was kicked out at the group stage.

As mentioned before; if you want to play ML with FUMA; The Advantage/Disadvantage algorhtym is still there on ML especially .. against higher star level teams your team has the advantage and vice versa..

For the most realistic and reasonable experience:

+1 increase difficulty level - against teams who are stronger (more stars then yours)
0 - dont change - agains teams who have same level with you
-1 decrease difficulty level - against team who are weaker then you

e.g you play on top player fuma lets say... (lets say your team is 2.5 stars)
against strongers (3-4-5 stars)- play on superstar
against same level (2.5 stars)- top player
against weaker - (1-2 stars) professional

IT is the utmost most realistic and joyful experience with this formula.... give it a go...
P.S: on master league menu , there is a section that you can see OTHER TEAMS... and there you can see STAR LEVEL of your team and opponents

I always play on Legend Fuma... so there is no chance to make +1 difficulty... so I play on Legend against (same star level and stronger) .. and on Superstar against weaker

Last edited:
P.S: on master league menu , there is a section that you can see OTHER TEAMS... and there you can see STAR LEVEL of your team and opponents..
YOu can also check gameplans, player stats, managers and do negotiations through this option you describe. "TEAM INFO" it's called. The best way to navigate through others teams.

As mentioned before; if you want to play ML with FUMA; The Advantage/Disadvantage algorhtym is still there on ML especially .. against higher star level teams your team has the advantage and vice versa..

+1 increase difficulty level - against teams who are stronger (more stars then yours)

IT is the utmost most realistic and joyful experience with this formula.... give it a go...
P.S: on master league menu , there is a section that you can see OTHER TEAMS... and there you can see STAR LEVEL of your team and opponents

I always play on Legend Fuma... so there is no chance to make +1 difficulty... so I play on Legend against (same star level and stronger) .. and on Superstar against weaker

Agree with this. I only play Exhibition matches or League mode but find roughly the same formula as you is required. Konami still seem to have some annoying crap so that on SS, matches against the strongest teams are sometimes the easiest whereas matches against teams weaker than you can be much harder because Konami's difficulty system doesn't work properly.

Will need to try this out. Typical Konami logic! :CONF:

Sounds good!

What is legendary like in comparison in terms of difficulty/scripting etc?

Very interesting this, I always felt this when playing master league or career mode in fifa.. will give this a go

Sounds good!

I'm talking outside of master league and in normal league mode against crystal palace it was hard. The AI gets a boost in speed and strength so they can catch up with you and basically plough through you and no fucks given by the ref . I managed to get one shot on target and one shot off target in 14 minute game as Liverpool they still make passing and shooting errors though which is good

Data Pack 2.0 hours away yet complete radio silence from Konami. What's going on? Not even the customary preview of new faces. From what I'm guessing this will be the biggest datapack of the year if it does indeed meet expectations. Those expectations being that all leagues in-game are fully up to date for the new season. Many licensed leagues do not have promoted teams and/or updated kits for 20/21. From what I remember they announced during release time that this data pack would fix all this, so this should be a big deal. It basically is what turns this game from PES 2020.5 to PES 2021 in terms of being up to date. Yet zero news from Konami at all up until now. The only info I've found is leaks of minifaces indicating some of the new faces added in game someone managed to extract from the PES Mobile update iirc.

Data Pack 2.0 hours away yet complete radio silence from Konami. What's going on? Not even the customary preview of new faces. From what I'm guessing this will be the biggest datapack of the year if it does indeed meet expectations. Those expectations being that all leagues in-game are fully up to date for the new season. Many licensed leagues do not have promoted teams and/or updated kits for 20/21. From what I remember they announced during release time that this data pack would fix all this, so this should be a big deal. It basically is what turns this game from PES 2020.5 to PES 2021 in terms of being up to date. Yet zero news from Konami at all up until now. The only info I've found is leaks of minifaces indicating some of the new faces added in game someone managed to extract from the PES Mobile update iirc.
Ain’t no time for news... they are working hard on 2022! ;)
at least that’s what I think they should do now!
bring the 2021 roster update (not the hen ;) ), keep on working for next gen!
only thing I could think of for 2021 gp related fixes... the refs!

but na... just don’t make anything worse! Just update the roster. :LOL:

For me. Playing manual passing, personally just think constantly how to pass the ball not sure if you guys feel the same. Pressure to get the pass right.

It seems to take out the enjoyment out of it for me, because I'm constantly thinking of how to perform the pass. Doesn't help my friends play pa1.

Thanks for this. However what is the default setting of difficulty you are starting on? I'm guessing normal and does it matter or play into affect, home and away?

This is what they are updating. Its been in public domain since game was released.

• *The following leagues will be updated to the 2020-2021 season via a Data Pack scheduled for release post-launch on October 22.
    • Serie A TIM, Serie BKT (1st and 2nd Divisions of the Italian League)
    • Raiffeisen Super League (Swiss League)
    • Jupiler Pro League (Belgian League)
    • Süper Lig
    • Spanish League
    • Spanish 2nd Division

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/us/en-us/ps4/page/license

Getting better at legendary fuma ..lost 2 nil this time but had equal shots or target ..certainly more of a midfield at this difficulty just because they press so quick ..actually enjoyed the game

For me. Playing manual passing, personally just think constantly how to pass the ball not sure if you guys feel the same. Pressure to get the pass right.

It seems to take out the enjoyment out of it for me, because I'm constantly thinking of how to perform the pass. Doesn't help my friends play pa1.

Don´t quit man. Just play a couple matches on manual now and then. Keep playing your regular ML on PA1, but reserve some time to try a couple exhibition or a second ML on manual. It will start to grow on you. I was exactly the same and now it just plays naturally. I don´t think to much, and I get about 80-85% of passes complete. Trust me, you´ll get to the point where PA1 no longer satisfies your needs eheh.

Sounds good!

Legendary is competitive but what I dont like about Legendary, AI Logic; unfortunately instead of boosting opponent attributes only, boosts theirs and limits your teams attributes. your players reaction times in Legendary a lil bit longer when compared with SS.. Konami has to leave our team stats and response times fixed (stable) in all difficulties and just arrange AI opponents'.

So, anyone have any injuries yet? I have seen zero injuries. I don't think they exist in the game at the moment.

Playing fixed-cursor my player gets injured 2 or 3 times a season, mainly in the rival/derby matches. My teammates only get injured through fatigue. I dribble A LOT with my player and think that probably increases the likelihood of injury.

Legendary is competitive but what I dont like about Legendary, AI Logic; unfortunately instead of boosting opponent attributes only, boosts theirs and limits your teams attributes. your players reaction times in Legendary a lil bit longer when compared with SS.. Konami has to leave our team stats and response times fixed (stable) in all difficulties and just arrange AI opponents'.
You are right , I'm losing every game at the moment but not by much. However I'm enjoying the challenge , the varied AI build up and goals and fouls ..6 fouls against utd

Don´t quit man. Just play a couple matches on manual now and then. Keep playing your regular ML on PA1, but reserve some time to try a couple exhibition or a second ML on manual. It will start to grow on you. I was exactly the same and now it just plays naturally. I don´t think to much, and I get about 80-85% of passes complete. Trust me, you´ll get to the point where PA1 no longer satisfies your needs eheh.

Thanks dude...Are you able to compete passing moves/plays that you cannot do on PA1, as in more free?

Playing fixed-cursor my player gets injured 2 or 3 times a season, mainly in the rival/derby matches. My teammates only get injured through fatigue. I dribble A LOT with my player and think that probably increases the likelihood of injury.
I've been dribbling a lot as well and got hit by horrible tackles. But I haven't seen a single injury all season now almost all way through. I had plenty in 2020 I don't know what is wrong with it.

This is what they are updating. Its been in public domain since game was released.

• *The following leagues will be updated to the 2020-2021 season via a Data Pack scheduled for release post-launch on October 22.
    • Serie A TIM, Serie BKT (1st and 2nd Divisions of the Italian League)
    • Raiffeisen Super League (Swiss League)
    • Jupiler Pro League (Belgian League)
    • Süper Lig
    • Spanish League
    • Spanish 2nd Division

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/us/en-us/ps4/page/license
Yep, I remembered correctly. I just find it disappointing that they haven't shared any screenshots or anything else at all really. Normally speaking there's at least some marketing for a data pack, it seems strange that for one that will certainly be an important one there is nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom