eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I don't tend to play football games online, but I've been bored of getting frustrated playing against the AI, so I gave it a go.

I had a few games of FUT 21 (next-gen) and really didn't enjoy it, but primarily because every single player I came up against had clearly spent (real) money on their team. There I am with French Ligue 2 players, against (twice in a row) teams containing Ronaldo, Messi AND Maradona. All of them at once.

So I tried myClub 21. First game, I was amazed. Really slow, real strategy in every pass that my opponent hit. He took his time, and so did I. When it finished, we'd had a single shot each, because there was a real midfield battle going on all the time (and you could see how important player positioning was, both my AI players trying to mark, and my own channel-blocking moves).

I thought "wow, I could really enjoy this, who'd have thought it?" Then I played a second game... Against a guy playing a 2-2-6 formation. He would continually just smash the ball 100yds from defence to attack, to a player who would take the ball down perfectly (because I was playing a standard formation with four defenders), turn, and score. Every time my defenders got close to him, I'd try to tackle and they'd seemingly trip, or bounce off him.

People (outside of Evo-Web) tell me I'm a caveman, always playing offline, and that it's a bit sad. Yet there is such a huge part of the community (for both games) that don't really care that much about football and are just playing to win, and it becomes (in FIFA) "who knows the most trick combos and has the most money to spend on packs" and (in PES) "who knows the most exploits" or "who can ping-pong pass the best by just hammering the X button".

But that first game on PES is keeping me interested in trying for a little while longer.
When i was younger we would all pile into my mum and dads house and play whatever football game was going around - as far back as kick off games - even emlyn hughes soccer. There could be 6 of us in the same room playing competition mode and no one was a dick and if they were they were told. For example one of the kick offs had a bug on when saving a penalty - if you held the button down and didnt let go the keeper would save it every time - that was banned and it was policed by the non players.

The trouble with online is people find these bugs and ways to win and they dont give a shit - plus there are financial incentives now so its all about the win - no matter what. Thats why football games against strangers will never be fun

Is it me or do other people have this in master league? I'm at the halfway stage of the season and been unbeatable and top of the table.

However recently, I have not been able to win a game at all and struggle even against the bottom teams. it seems almost that I cannot win again at all..

Worse still, is when I give away a free kick when I win the ball and of course they score nearly every bleeding time!

A new Update File (Data Pack 4.00 & Patch 1.04.00) was released on 04/02/2021.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated club team strips
・ Updated national team strips
・ New/updated face models
・ New/updated player portraits
・ New manager portraits
・ Updated player names
・ Updated stadium data
・ New boot models
・ New ball designs
・ New/updated cinematics and animations
・ New/updated commentary data

■ Fixes
・ An issue in Master League where winning the July 2024 UEFA EURO cup fails to add it to your list of 'Past Glories' in the Manager Menu.

■ Other Updates
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

Can you share your sliders please?
I am interested in these 2, new commentary lines? And what kind of new animations?
I've been playing fifa for a while now so it's really hard for me to say if anythings changed. One thing is the passing seems crisper and AI seemed to press more . But again that may be because I've been on fifa . Also played a through ball into firminho and he side footed to.shoot but was like a mis kick and he shooted into the ground . Not seen that before but others who play alot may have

I don't tend to play football games online, but I've been bored of getting frustrated playing against the AI, so I gave it a go.

I had a few games of FUT 21 (next-gen) and really didn't enjoy it, but primarily because every single player I came up against had clearly spent (real) money on their team. There I am with French Ligue 2 players, against (twice in a row) teams containing Ronaldo, Messi AND Maradona. All of them at once.

So I tried myClub 21. First game, I was amazed. Really slow, real strategy in every pass that my opponent hit. He took his time, and so did I. When it finished, we'd had a single shot each, because there was a real midfield battle going on all the time (and you could see how important player positioning was, both my AI players trying to mark, and my own channel-blocking moves).

I thought "wow, I could really enjoy this, who'd have thought it?" Then I played a second game... Against a guy playing a 2-2-6 formation. He would continually just smash the ball 100yds from defence to attack, to a player who would take the ball down perfectly (because I was playing a standard formation with four defenders), turn, and score. Every time my defenders got close to him, I'd try to tackle and they'd seemingly trip, or bounce off him.

People (outside of Evo-Web) tell me I'm a caveman, always playing offline, and that it's a bit sad. Yet there is such a huge part of the community (for both games) that don't really care that much about football and are just playing to win, and it becomes (in FIFA) "who knows the most trick combos and has the most money to spend on packs" and (in PES) "who knows the most exploits" or "who can ping-pong pass the best by just hammering the X button".

But that first game on PES is keeping me interested in trying for a little while longer.

My football game will have the pay to win option too just the conversion rate to ingame currency will be horrificly low so if you spend money you almost spend real money.
So has the shooting improved with the new patch...? :YAWN:

The all time question of the last decade with the all time answer. No.

We are caveman, in a certain way. I was reading a text from some guy that was explaining why movies are so bad and shallow these days. We are not the main audience they aim for. We are what? 30's, 40's? That's why I'm kind of gave up from football games.

Last edited:
strange part is im downloading season update version 1.05 now
Yeah it says 1.05 but when the update is applied it is 1.04. 1.05 must be later on this month with all deadline day transfers completed 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think the answer to both of you and everyone in the future of mankind, stick/pin it and pass the torch to the rest history after me, when I will be dead.. (lol).. OK I am kidding :P
answer is here
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2...ludes-team-league-identity.82803/post-3558796

(The explanation is for Playstation.)

In most sections of modern marketing, at least in the EU, the dynamic target/audience was supposed to be 15-44 years old and recently it was accurately expanded to 15-55,and imho it should be 15-65, at least for EU.
I won't expand more now, if anyone wants social-economic-political analysis of the EU, without politics, join me in offtopic :D
It doesnt apply to games tho. There is still outdated opinion in this business that games are only played by kids, coz when we were growing up - that was the reality.
Besides - kids/young adults are more likely to spend on microtransactions than more mature players, coz in most cases - we simply could not give 2 fucks if we have special Maradonna in our squad, or not.
Put them two together, add pro players and streamers, who in most cases are young people and you get why most companies are just trying to target younger audience.
We simply dont give them profit and audience they want.

It doesnt apply to games tho. There is still outdated opinion in this business that games are only played by kids, coz when we were growing up - that was the reality.
Besides - kids/young adults are more likely to spend on microtransactions than more mature players, coz in most cases - we simply could not give 2 fucks if we have special Maradonna in our squad, or not.
Put them two together, add pro players and streamers, who in most cases are young people and you get why most companies are just trying to target younger audience.
We simply dont give them profit and audience they want.
Cheers pal. Yes. That was the second subtopic I wanted to post, that in every genre there is a subtarget group, in gamimg it is as you say, something around 15-25. Speaking of modern mixrotramsx and loot boxes opening gaming.
I just went far too offtopic and didn't finish it, deleting even my original post.
If anyone want a discussion on demographics I am all in, to go. :)

I give PES 18 a go, today. Smoke 2021 patch, Reshade SweetFX with pitch greener. If you are a dribbler, you get a lot of fouls! Dude that game is fine! Wow, I got my football game fix! Thank you Smoke if you are here in this forum!

Sorry for the off topic.

Last edited:
Been playing more games on +1 speed and it really makes a huge difference when a fast/agile player gets on the ball.

Played as Leverkusen and Diaby is a joy. I beat a player with a drag back, the 2nd Midfielder I just drifted past then outpaced their CB and screamed it into the far corner, such a good goal.

Good thing is, upping the speed doesn't make the game a speed fest. Its still balanced enough to play keep ball, or patient footy, but it just gives me the feeling now - when I get a pacy or skillful player on the ball - I can beat people.

Sturggling with Advanced shooting, my instinct is to push the left stick up. I'm trying basic but in a lot of situations using the manual override to shoot and it's seeing me score some different goals. Love the edge of the box hard low shots, you can power up the bar full and really let fly.

Been playing more games on +1 speed and it really makes a huge difference when a fast/agile player gets on the ball.

Played as Leverkusen and Diaby is a joy. I beat a player with a drag back, the 2nd Midfielder I just drifted past then outpaced their CB and screamed it into the far corner, such a good goal.

Good thing is, upping the speed doesn't make the game a speed fest. Its still balanced enough to play keep ball, or patient footy, but it just gives me the feeling now - when I get a pacy or skillful player on the ball - I can beat people.

Sturggling with Advanced shooting, my instinct is to push the left stick up. I'm trying basic but in a lot of situations using the manual override to shoot and it's seeing me score some different goals. Love the edge of the box hard low shots, you can power up the bar full and really let fly.

I actually play on +2 some people instantly think that's way too fast but it stops the slow pondering boring play a little for me

I don't see much issue with that since pes 2017 is like +3 when you go back but then again I'm using Serie B teams so as the stats and teams improve it might be too fast

Sidenote being someone who played a lot of 2020 on pc with all sorts of mods I only purchased 21 for ps4 in the sale this month since staying with family in lockdown and i'm pretty happy with the improvements 21 brings I have seen goals and moments that would have impossible last year but of course still not getting that different match feeling games like pes 3 used to bring

to be fair, again, i haven't been playing constantly but after a couple more games the AI does seem more varied than i remember - shots from outside the area are more than what i remember - i think pes will be a game where i will dip in and out for a short cup campaign as im enjoying me league in fifa

Back
Top Bottom