eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I have to commend how Konami have been implementing this Euro's license. Throughout all these data packs they've really paid attention to the ''smaller'' nations that qualified. For example the vast majority of players on teams like Finland, Hungary, Scotland and Macedonia now have real faces. I'm also absolutely extatic that they've finally updated Goran Pandev's face. I know many here are all about gameplay and for the most part I agree but having these sort of player models in a game in 2021 was simply a joke lol. Before and after
205px-Pandev1_2021.jpg

peiozoR.png

Yeah, I know the argument always is that they should focus on the gameplay rather than faces but I really think it adds a lot having all these faces. I couldn't use PSV until they updated Götzes face for example, lol.
Yep faces matter and add a lot.Don't care what them damn elitists say lol.I don't even sign players in ML for example or keep players in my myClub team unless they have a real face.A generic face is a deal breaker.

Just turned 40 here! :D Though start for our teams btw Rock. Even though you guys lost you had a much harder opponent tbf. ;)
Yeah hardest opponent for sure,didn't expect a win there,they've lost twice in two seasons.
We'll get them at home.
Could be a fun season,we,them,you and grindif and possibly the Nazis from Solna are all up for it.

What controls does everyone use against the AI. I can hold my own on top player full manual but when I switch the PA1 there feels like more variation in the ball like little here and there deflections.

Is scoring headers in this game any easier than PES 2020? No one croosing in PES 2020 cuz headers was too hard

Is there any particular strategy to finding a half decent server when playing online? I used 3 different ones last night and there where always time where the matches slowed to an absolute crawl

Is scoring headers in this game any easier than PES 2020? No one croosing in PES 2020 cuz headers was too hard
I think that PES 2020 and PES 2021 are similar when it comes to crosses and headers/volleys.
I had to get my head around them at the beginning but I feel pretty comfortable with them now.
On corners though... Different story. They're way harder, I usually win them too but the ball bobbles out over the bar for a goal kick 90% of the time unless I use the @The_Knight method (with which I managed to score some goals on the corners but which I don't always use because I think it's a little overpowered).

Wow this game is amazing on 11v11 full manual. My team plays a nice brand of football, and the stuff that is possible on PES2021 is not possible anywhere else.... They have a great game when AI is not in the mix. Hope the new one doesn't downgrade the physics..

No, unless you put the ball right on the strikers head you have no chance because outjumping defenders has been made next to impossible. Another feature copied directly from the other game and one less way of scoring.

Just finishing my first season after getting the game on discount.

Counter attack - through ball - finish = 95% of goals. I score 2 goals like this in every match and hardly ever anything else. The shooting is a disgrace. Outjumping a defender in the box is usually impossible. The exaggerrated first touch, pass, shot and cross error are infuriating. The game is NOT good enough to tolerate so much sloppiness, most of which is not input related.

AI is still lethal from kick offs to the point where you think twice about trying to score. They make the same pre-meditated, non-sensical substitutions even if it means playing players out of position. They will never make a tactical substitution and would rather play a centre back up front for 30 minutes than swap him with a striker.

Reactive AI = my player takes a hopeful punt from 30 yards (should have known better) and is now 'tight marked'. 5 minutes later he takes an equally shit shot and is 'tight marked' again. So did they get bored the first time or is he now double tight marked?

Awful stuff on and off the pitch.

No, unless you put the ball right on the strikers head you have no chance because outjumping defenders has been made next to impossible. Another feature copied directly from the other game and one less way of scoring.
Huh? Ofc it should be hard to score headers. The defender always has the advantage when the ball is in the air. Have you checked how many goals have been scored by crossing->heading in the flow of play in PL this season?

I think it plays pretty well.. score a variety of different goals! Maybe you should give it more than one season tosser!?
This is why it's hard for Konami to try and please everyone . I've said before in early Pes 20 days lots where complaining the release wasn't playing like the demo where I loved the early patches and disliked the later ones ..this feels to me like the early patches and I love how it plays

I think that PES 2020 and PES 2021 are similar when it comes to crosses and headers/volleys.
I had to get my head around them at the beginning but I feel pretty comfortable with them now.
On corners though... Different story. They're way harder, I usually win them too but the ball bobbles out over the bar for a goal kick 90% of the time unless I use the @The_Knight method (with which I managed to score some goals on the corners but which I don't always use because I think it's a little overpowered).

I used this corner method a lot with Real Madrid... because I got a lot of corners :D

Here's the method in case anyone's interested:

Last edited:

I used to terrorize opposition online in PES 2020 while using tall strong CFs (Dzyuba ftw), as i played with pass assistance lvl 1.
Now that i play manual, it is VERY difficult to direct the crosses, but ive felt the headers are as useful in 2021.. If im able to get the ball near the CF, that is

For the first time since the PS2 days I am actually enjoying and can appreciate the gameplay of a PES game. It’s as if something has just clicked but playing the game it just flows so realistically and I get a real feel of a football match.

Has anyone noticed a different with this game on the PS4 and PS5? I ask because I did not play it on the PS4. Would be interesting if there is any differences.

I am so out of touch in regards to option files. Would anyone be able to help point me in the right direction? Thanks

For the first time since the PS2 days I am actually enjoying and can appreciate the gameplay of a PES game. It’s as if something has just clicked but playing the game it just flows so realistically and I get a real feel of a football match.

Has anyone noticed a different with this game on the PS4 and PS5? I ask because I did not play it on the PS4. Would be interesting if there is any differences.

I am so out of touch in regards to option files. Would anyone be able to help point me in the right direction? Thanks
It looks much better on my ps5 than it ever did on my PS4 pro. Not sure if it's a TV thing or just the time I took to set up HDR. Other than that just load times are quicker

Back
Top Bottom