eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Is Myclub going to be exactly the same as well, or is it just the gameplay they're doing nothing with?

I thrust in the "PES 2020-21 Final Evolution".
Well, gameplay, if you talk about new commands and features, it will be the same. But they probably worked for the game's feeling and playing different.
So no, i don't believe it will play the same. Call me naïve, but i think it will be the best PES version from this generation : nothing to keep for the next version (because the next will be different), more or less everything should be max retouched and re-balanced.
But no graphims, features, or whatever new add (some celebrations lol), they can't really call it PES 2021.

I can't thurst at all that it will be exactly the same gameplay, perhaps even some small animations add or whatever they planned during the year.

Is Myclub going to be exactly the same as well, or is it just the gameplay they're doing nothing with?
My educated guess is further restrictions to progress through gameplay, leaving microtransactions as the only option.
Match options & competition content will be embarrassingly piss poor as usual.
3v3 will still be 3 of your mates vs 1 Brazilian dude & COM super teams
Server will only be 'maintained', not improved. Lag & delay prominent.

if Konami are determined to keep pes2021 gameplay 99.9% identical to pes2020 then I’m 99.9% certain this’ll be the first PES game I’ll be skipping since it’s debut on the Fox engine.

Last edited:
They will be the best gaming PC's ever, but not just yet.
It's a 3 year plan...
tenor.gif

So what have we learned about PES2021?

1) Well, it turns out it’s a new game but it’s not a “New” game.

2) It uses the same “E3 award winning” gameplay from PES2020 even though the gameplay from the E3 demo is far different from the current pes2020 gameplay.

3) It’s only worth the Price tag if you play Myclub so you get the bonus 3000 coins.
Last but not least It appears that online gamers will be able to buy multiple copies of the season update to stack coins.

So what have we learned about PES2021?

1) Well, it turns out it’s a new game but it’s not a “New” game.

2) It uses the same “E3 award winning” gameplay from PES2020 even though the gameplay from the E3 demo is far different from the current pes2020 gameplay.

3) It’s only worth the Price tag if you play Myclub so you get the bonus 3000 coins.
Last but not least It appears that online gamers will be able to buy multiple copies of the season update to stack coins.
I feel left out as an offline gamer! Where can I buy multiple physical copies to get a digital bonus?! ^^

;)

That happened to me in the first cup final I played on 2020... 0-0 at around the hour mark and they went full attacking mentality which sent nearly all their players forward any time they got into my half, including one of the CBs. Even on PA0/Superstar that let me walk in 3 easy goals as they had nobody back to defend 2 or 3 simple passes up the pitch. They weren't even behind - it was level and there was 30 mins, extra time and penalties remaining.

What's the point playing any kind of cup competition/ML when the AI will do dumb shit like this and ruin the final? Custom tactics can't even fix this... Ended up playing League mode from then on - not much better but at least they don't use suicidal tactics in the last 30 mins of a 0-0 game.

Yeah it's been hard-coded into cup matches for years. It won't happen in league matches but you'll still see a top performing striker subbed off at half time for no apparent reason, or Dele Alli coming on at left back. The AI has zero brain or human element.

I feel left out as an offline gamer! Where can I buy multiple physical copies to get a digital bonus?! ^^

;)

Don't be. Pes2021 update, but full game, but update, but standalone full game comes with 1 season of ML.
If you want a 2nd season, buy a 2nd copy and get a '1 ML season' contract to progress.
3rd season? Buy a 3rd copy.
etc
etc

I really hope to see this guy far from PES, all he's done so far is destroy the franchise, he's terrible.

Why does hating on this guy comes back every year..... . I think he was like a brand ambassador, basically a marketing guy (twitter/photo ops/ etc), but because he was the public face, people just re direct all the hate towards him. Don't know if people think he is the producer/programmer for PES, but he is not (to my knowledge).

I don't like his arrogance but I think its time to move on from this dude and the negativity toward him. He's a public relations guy from Konami, hating on him was kinda fun back in 2014. I bet he has zero input on the game... If he never worked for Konami would we have an amazing game???? Did he take the decisions of removing fouls? the FOX engine? positioning? Time to move on...

Yeah about that 3 year plan. So the 2021 update has been in works for about 3 years ? If it is, then why is it just an update ?
Has PES 2022 been in development since 2018 ? what am i missing?

raw

Why does hating on this guy comes back every year..... . I think he was like a brand ambassador, basically a marketing guy (twitter/photo ops/ etc), but because he was the public face, people just re direct all the hate towards him. Don't know if people think he is the producer/programmer for PES, but he is not (to my knowledge).

I don't like his arrogance but I think its time to move on from this dude and the negativity toward him. He's a public relations guy from Konami, hating on him was kinda fun back in 2014. I bet he has zero input on the game... If he never worked for Konami would we have an amazing game???? Did he take the decisions of removing fouls? the FOX engine? positioning? Time to move on...

To be clear, my own comment was in no way connected to whatever effect he has or hasnt had on the game. I dont believe anyone with his background would go into a company and start affecting core development, and I in no way seek to attribute any blame to him for the state of the game. That would be ludicrous.

My comment was related to how he does his actual job. Comparing him to similar people at other developers, at E3 for instance, it's noticeable how unsuited he is to the role he used to perform, in terms of presenting the company as slick and professional and self-aware. However, he has seemed useful to konami as someone who will twist and contort himself in an attempt to pass off dreadful development decision making, for.which he probably deserves some sympathy.

I'm not on social media so have no idea what kind of hatred has been directed his way, which is pathetic of course.

Has PES 2022 been in development since 2018 ?
From what I hear from my sources (which admittedly becomes a smaller circle each year), the next gen version has NOT been in development for three years, and in-fact it was a (relatively) recent decision to essentially "scrap" 2021 so that 2022 can be an "all-new" game.

The fact that their own teaser trailer runs at a dreadful FPS as soon as (ONE) player appears, makes me think it's true...

The fact is that if PES2020 had the gameplay most of us were hoping for then PES2021 being a season update would almost be a non-issue.

From what I hear from my sources (which admittedly becomes a smaller circle each year), the next gen version has NOT been in development for three years, and in-fact it was a (relatively) recent decision to essentially "scrap" 2021 so that 2022 can be an "all-new" game.

The fact that their own teaser trailer runs at a dreadful FPS as soon as (ONE) player appears, makes me think it's true...

Sorry to jumping in the new topic, but isn't this a recycled story? It is very recent, I think PES2018 or PES2019? IIRC that the game was supposed to be under development for 2 years "secretly" ???

Sounds like a marketing gimmick to me and since KONAMI do not use to playtest seriously their games at all, such type of gimmick tend to backfire too easily for them.

The only shade for me on PES 2021 being only an update from the PES 2020 is the price, although I'm moving to play it on PC now so there will probably be free versions like the bypass on the lite version and something like that.

But to talk about all the critique over the 3 years of development and everything like that, I believe that with all the problems that the covid-19 caused around the world, the progress of many things had to be paused. The new gen of consoles and new engines got delayed as well as the development and release of many games, movies, series and a whole lot of other things. What I mean by saying all this is that I'm fine with the wait until the 2022 version comes up with a whole new level of changes because everything else will only be released next year as well. And to compare it with FIFA for example, they aren't changing all that much either in their 2021 version, the only difference is that they didn't said it was going to be an update like Konami did, but that's another topic so nvm.

I think i can't make any assumptions whatsoever from the very little teaser they put together, just that they are switching engine. The latest time they switched engine we had the dreadful Pes 2014 situation, but in that case they took the awful decision to use Pes 2014 as a sort of test for an engine that couldn't run at good fps on a last gen console, Ps3 and Fox Engine documentation wasn't their but Kojima's.

This time Unreal Engine is extremely versatile, powerful, has lots of documentation, many other Japanese developers are using it and it's easy to use so i don't think there is a reason to be worried about performance or technical side, but this is Konami we are talking about. An engine isn't going to build a game by itself, you still have people that know how to use it and if the team continues to have such little budget and developers working on it are not more than a handful the game will still suffer.

So, potentially it's a great move, but this is modern Konami so everything can happen.

It's actually quite easy to understand why Adam is hated. He is not responsable for Pes flaws but he always acted like we are the one making up issues, the game is perfect, the future is extremely bright, we just hate the game because it's cool to hate on things. That is not how companies should react when a large parte of their customers are angry.

That statement in regards to PES18, 19, 20... ^^

i don't see the relation to Pes 2018, 19, 20 at all. He is just commenting in a general way about the digital events Sony and others are forced to use as a mean of communication

Last edited:
The fact that the game producer gave an interview, last year in August, hinting that they will change the game engine for the next-gen consoles tells me that the plan was active at least since then. So I disagree with the idea that this switch of engines is a recent thing.

Furthermore, on the mobile version of the game, they've already changed the game engine to Unreal from Havok since 2019.

Even further, Messi's face in the teaser is an old one (no beard). If the teaser was created recently why would they go with an old face.
Obviously they only updated the Barca kit.

https://realsport101.com/pes/pes-2020-konami-will-update-the-graphics-engine-for-next-gen-consoles/

Furthermore, on the mobile version of the game, they've already changed the game engine to Unreal from Havok since 2019.
The worrying thing about that is that the gameplay/animation/physics look almost identical between those mobile versions on different engines.

This means they can port/reuse old code to use in UE - who knows how much of the old code they will simply reuse in 'next-gen' 2022 on UE? If they wanted, they could make the gameplay almost identical to 2020 and the only differences would be the different lighting/visual effects of UE and the power of the new hardware would be mostly used for framerate/resolution.

The only shade for me on PES 2021 being only an update from the PES 2020 is the price, although I'm moving to play it on PC now so there will probably be free versions like the bypass on the lite version and something like that.

But to talk about all the critique over the 3 years of development and everything like that, I believe that with all the problems that the covid-19 caused around the world, the progress of many things had to be paused. The new gen of consoles and new engines got delayed as well as the development and release of many games, movies, series and a whole lot of other things. What I mean by saying all this is that I'm fine with the wait until the 2022 version comes up with a whole new level of changes because everything else will only be released next year as well. And to compare it with FIFA for example, they aren't changing all that much either in their 2021 version, the only difference is that they didn't said it was going to be an update like Konami did, but that's another topic so nvm.
Like WHAT?!
Any source?! ;)

@Ameppe i just wish he would comment on „an even scale“... you know. Maybe he wasn’t thinking like this before. If he did, how can we take him seriously?!

When you think around 2 or 3 corners and connect the dots: It’s a kick in the nuts of all PES enthusiasts like us... but again... only of we take him seriously. And i wish I could...!! I have nothing against this guy and any personal insult I despise to the fullest!!

man, if only that company would be more professional with customers. One user ask before: „do they deserve an audience like us, a community so passionate“
I don’t know the answer.... maybe I do.
Maybe I just wanna don’t give the answer at all.

Last edited:
The fact that the game producer gave an interview, last year in August, hinting that they will change the game engine for the next-gen consoles tells me that the plan was active at least since then. So I disagree with the idea that this switch of engines is a recent thing.

Even further, Messi's face in the teaser is an old one (no beard). If the teaser was created recently why would they go with an old face.
Obviously they only updated the Barca kit.

https://realsport101.com/pes/pes-2020-konami-will-update-the-graphics-engine-for-next-gen-consoles/
Havok is a physics engine that was only used for cloth physics. The mobile version is still a Fox Engine game at the core, they only added the Unreal Engine as a graphical wrapper.

The new Unreal Engine game is in development for at least 2 years now. There's no way the development cycle of their games is shorter than 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom