eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Havok is a physics engine that was only used for cloth physics. The mobile version is still a Fox Engine game at the core, they only added the Unreal Engine as a graphical wrapper.
Genuine curiosity, how do you know this ? Is there a anything that proves this ?

Unreal Engine is next-gen ready.

Prepare yourself for what's next—hear from Epic Games and industry experts about the tools and opportunities that are enabling teams of all sizes to create truly next-gen games. #UE4 #UE5

Visit our next-gen hub for more:

The mobile version still uses Fox Engine files that are pretty much equivalent to the files of the PC version.
I can agree with this. I’ve tested many mobile audio files in the pc version and they work without error.

Unreal Engine is next-gen ready.

Prepare yourself for what's next—hear from Epic Games and industry experts about the tools and opportunities that are enabling teams of all sizes to create truly next-gen games. #UE4 #UE5

Visit our next-gen hub for more:

I'm really curious to see what they'll do using Unreal on PES. I didn't want to but I'm really anxious to see what the final result will be.

Ill tell you the final result; The year Konami regains its footballing throne.
gHACEVg.png

I hate this bs with a passion.

This is going to be much worse, in Italy having the full license of the competition doesn't mean you have the clubs licenses, I think this "war" between EA and Konami tend to get much worse than now.

Question:
How would yall feel if Konami said
- Right, we're taking a new approach. From next Pes onwards - all clubs/leagues are without license. You will have team names as cities and league names as countries.
Instead - we are bringing division 2 and 3 to every league and expanding edit mode. You can create custom made logos, stadiums, update audio files, boots, banners, trophies - whole lot can be customised.
But as for vanilla version - there's sweet fuck all. We are focusing on Gameplay and leave all the rest in your hands.

1. How would you feel?
2. How do you think it would be received across wider audience?

1. How would you feel?
1. Elated.

2. Horribly.

This forum represents less than 1% of their audience in terms of the fact that we're not casual, we're "hardcore", we're older and we care about shit their biggest audience would never even think about. Let alone the people who give Konami the most money, i.e. myClubbers.

Do you think a myClub player will even know what editing the game means? Let alone that you can do it? And do you think they'll keep playing when they open a pack of cards and they get I.P. Freely from Manchester Rovers? No chance.

We'll never get anything like this. The days of the stuff we care about being important to the devs are long gone.

Question:
- Right, we're taking a new approach. From next Pes onwards - all clubs/leagues are without license. You will have team names as cities and league names as countries.
Instead - we are bringing division 2 and 3 to every league and expanding edit mode. You can create custom made logos, stadiums, update audio files, boots, banners, trophies - whole lot can be customised.
But as for vanilla version - there's sweet fuck all. We are focusing on Gameplay and leave all the rest in your hands.

1. How would you feel?
1. Happily surprised!
2. What Chris said!

The worrying thing about that is that the gameplay/animation/physics look almost identical between those mobile versions on different engines.

This means they can port/reuse old code to use in UE - who knows how much of the old code they will simply reuse in 'next-gen' 2022 on UE? If they wanted, they could make the gameplay almost identical to 2020 and the only differences would be the different lighting/visual effects of UE and the power of the new hardware would be mostly used for framerate/resolution.
Dude... look animation of Unreal Engine.. they are so so so so so much better and realistic! There is almost zero " parasite" movements and frames that makes FOX engine movements to looks robotic and unnatural, Unreal looks smooth and dense. Perhaps even more impressive is that they use identical gameplay and animations compared to FOX games, but it feels so different, just because of this density and natural transitions of the animations.

Last edited:
Wasnt talking about players, obviously. Players are licensed by WhateverItsNameIs license.
And myClubbers are always playing dreamy-creamy teams anyway. They only care about having Messi, Ronaldo and all other Zidanes.
They could still have it and all teams would be unique, with their unique jerseys, stadiums and whole lot.
They could earn stadium upgrades, more shoes, more kits..
If they wanted to make them into Man Utd - they could.
Do you really think there would be such rebellion? That myClubbers would not find it interesting to grind not only for players, but everything around their teams too?

Wasnt talking about players, obviously. Players are licensed by WhateverItsNameIs license.
And myClubbers are always playing dreamy-creamy teams anyway. They only care about having Messi, Ronaldo and all other Zidanes.
They could still have it and all teams would be unique, with their unique jerseys, stadiums and whole lot.
Do you really think there would be such rebellion? That myClubbers would not find it interesting to grind not only for players, but everything around their teams too?

You do happen to notice that a lot of people have to ask plenty of questions about how to properly edit things, I think the average gamer just doesn't want to do any of that hard work, hence why FIFA has such a stranglehold on football even though at least 80% of FIFA players hate the actual gameplay. Like it's been said, us sad bastards who absolutely go wild for this stuff make up such a small amount of the playerbase that sadly it would never happen

You do happen to notice that a lot of people have to ask plenty of questions about how to properly edit things, I think the average gamer just doesn't want to do any of that hard work
What hard work, tho..??
Hard work was when I was creating whole Bundesliga, with all the players and kits, making logos in edit mode, pixel by pixel, before all the Option Files..
Now you click two buttons and it does everything for you..
And as for Stadiums and all other customisation - I was thinking down the lines of AO Tennis, where you can simply download stuff that other people created.

Do you really think Player Base got so lazy..?

Scrap every pay to win or any paying option from the game and let’s see! ;)

The majority ain’t about grinding, imo, I personally would! But hey, I find joy in editing and playing fuma and loosing a match.
Not the norm, so why would they cater for me?! Only hope is a change in perspective by Konami. That one thought: let’s not battle for licenses but let’s separate from the giant gameplay wise! Where would be the losers in that scenario???

Last edited:
The only three options for something like that to happen are IMO

1) Indie developer or small studio creates a product with that kind of vision. Unity/Unreal are free (potentially 5% royalties for UE if you earn over $1M). The tech available to indie devs to create high quality games is improving all the time.

2) Government regulations on lootboxes make monetising modes like MyClub/FUT unworkable, EA outbid Konami on almost every license and PES has to compete purely based on gameplay/editing features.

3) Another big studio enters the picture and produces something revolutionary with all the features we could want, hopefully combined with #2 so they have to focus on gameplay not microtransactions. My hope would be Ubisoft. Their research on physics/AI/animation looks great, which we will hopefully see on next-gen.

Last edited:
The only three options for something like that to happen are IMO

1) Indie developer or small studio creates a product with that kind of vision. Unity/Unreal are free (potentially 5% royalties for UE if you earn over $1M) and improving all the time. The tech available to indie devs to create high quality games is improving all the time.

2) Government regulations on lootboxes make monetising modes like MyClub/FUT unworkable, EA outbid Konami on almost every license and PES has to compete purely based on gameplay/editing features.

3) Another big studio enters the picture and produces something revolutionary, hopefully combined with #2 so they have to focus on gameplay. My hope would be Ubisoft. Their research on physics/AI/animation looks great, which we will hopefully see on next-gen.
I like point number 3. another competitor, not just another supplier of the same! usually this should force the other 2 “satisfied” companies to move (somehow).

I can also see a guy with enough money starting an indie project. In times were “rich kids” with endless money pay others to rank up their online status... everything seems possible.
If my dad owned a huge oil field (for example)...
4ab47f.jpg

What hard work, tho..??
Hard work was when I was creating whole Bundesliga, with all the players and kits, making logos in edit mode, pixel by pixel, before all the Option Files..
Now you click two buttons and it does everything for you..
And as for Stadiums and all other customisation - I was thinking down the lines of AO Tennis, where you can simply download stuff that other people created.

Do you really think Player Base got so lazy..?
Yeah the playerbase are lazy, I'm not saying as in I'm not on the side of the people who work hard, but to people who want a pick up and play they'd be immediately put off by having to spend plenty of time sorting stuff out so they can play. Like I say there is a reason for people to choose FIFA over PES and it's 10000% not the gameplay.

I'm with you on this I literally spent hours and hours editing PES6 on PS2 creating everything I could, but that's just because we all have the workrate to do it, but like I say there's a whole majority who are the ones who don't want to and are put off by it all. Even nowadays there are comments about Man Red flying about consistently and it's because to the casuals having to edit the game to have it looking like they want even if it takes them 20 minutes max

1. How would you feel?

If that read "We are focusing on offline Gameplay" I would feel excited. The problem is offline vs "esports" gameplay, not licences. The only thing that can make me excited right now is either EA or Konami announcing different gameplay/AI for the two and having different people working on both. How hard can it be?

1. Elated.
2. Horribly.
Same thoughts here (see my post in the FIFA 21 discussion where I basically say the same).

Aaaaand yes, for me playing with Manchester Rovers with players I don't know (and having to really scout for new players because there would be no "oh we lost yet another Champions League huh? let's buy Ronaldo and get over it") would be fun, but of course no licenses would mean no more MyClub, which would mean no more microtransactions, which would mean a huge flashing red "NO!!!" sign for either Konami or EA.

Question:

1. How would you feel?
1 What you think!
2 What you think!

To be serious,I'd fucking love that,I'd gladly take manual editing for weeks if the gameplay and all other stuff were sweet and great.
So,I answered it twice Marty!

Back
Top Bottom