eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Didn't old servers close every time a new edition comes in? Pretty sure will be the same. They'd truly wouldn't make a dime out of 21 otherwise I think.

Im not sure how long do they keep older servers.. i remember playing PES 2011's Master League online (the best imo) even when i still played PES2013.

I don't think it's the case the anymore unfortunately. 2019 servers closed in september iirc.

at this point i think we can only assume it would be 2 different servers?
imagine if 2020 servers were ditched in favour of 2021's? Rage against the machine resonates in the background

But yes, i have the same questions as you, if i have 2021, will I be able to play against people with 2020 only?

It was already stated in an interview with Konami's South American rep a few weeks ago that 2020 and 2021 are different games, and you cannot play against a user of a different version.

As for when they turn off the 2020 servers, don't know....

I don't think it's the case the anymore unfortunately. 2019 servers closed in september iirc.
They close next month apparently, so PES 2020's should stay open until September 2021 if they follow the same schedule. Wouldn't surprise me if they did try to force people over to the "new" game though.

at this point i think we can only assume it would be 2 different servers?
imagine if 2020 servers were ditched in favour of 2021's? Rage against the machine resonates in the background

But yes, i have the same questions as you, if i have 2021, will I be able to play against people with 2020 only?
MyClub 2021 will start from scratch or teams will be transferred?

tenor.gif
That’s why I’m asking. I can’t think of Konami keeping the old servers running. And i can see users being surprised about that when it’s release day... unnecessary outrage incoming?! I fear the worst.

That’s why I’m asking. I can’t think of Konami keeping the old servers running. And i can see users being surprised about that when it’s release day... unnecessary outrage incoming?! I fear the worst.
It's not really unnecessary outrage though is it? It would be an absolute pisstake for them to release what is pretty much an option file/patch as a £25+ purchase and then kill online features immediately for 2020.

The other thing they could do would be to release a final update for 2020 which removes the option file importing or other editing features (like v1.00), so the community can't share OFs or update the teams/kits to make 2021 pretty much obsolete at launch.

The other thing they could do would be to release a final update for 2020 which removes the option file importing or other editing features (like v1.00), so the community can't share OFs or update the teams/kits to make 2021 pretty much obsolete at launch.

We are some steps before this situation , after the "LiveUpdate False Flag" bug that was created by KONAMI's side, since the Live Update of 16/07/2020 and the malfunctions caused in the TED-editing tool after the DP 8.0 with some ID ranges.

2019 was removed from steam/ps store since september, the 2019 server closes this August.

P.S.: @sonoman Like for SemiPerfect Cell!! ;)

Didn't old servers close every time a new edition comes in? Pretty sure will be the same. They'd truly wouldn't make a dime out of 21 otherwise I think.
At general until now, since PES 2018 every September of next year the PES goes down from E-stores and every August of next game's cycle , gets its server go down.

I.E. for PES 2018, releases in September of 2017, goes down from STEAM/PS store in September of 2018 and by August of 2019, its server goes down too.

It is similar to the Sith Rule of Two, always only two Game servers online, no more , no less!!! :P :P And always only on is the Master, the current year game, the previous got deleted from all e-stores.

Last edited:
2019 was removed from steam/ps store since september, the 2019 server closes this August.

At general until now since PES 2018, every September of next year the PES goes down from E-stores and every August of next game's cycle , gets its server go down.

I.E. for PES 2018, releases in September of 2017, goes down from STEAM/PS store in September of 2018 and by August of 2019, its server goes down too.

It is similar to the Sith Rule of Two, always only two Game servers online, no more , no less!!! :P :P And always only on is the Master, the current year game, the previous got deleted from all e-stores.

I honestly had no idea, I thought they just shut the old one with the new edition.

Yeah well, if they'll leave 2020 up I guess they'd consider (probably with good reason) having updated game/players/cards/whatever to buy a good enough incentive for people to pick up the game anyway despite it being the same as the year before. Which to me at this point sounds a bit absurd since you could still play your favourite mode with your past edition, but evidently in that sub culture that makes enough of a difference sooo.. I guess I'll just stop trying to make sense of all of this, lol.

I honestly had no idea, I thought they just shut the old one with the new edition.

Yeah well, if they'll leave 2020 up I guess they'd consider (probably with good reason) having updated game/players/cards/whatever to buy a good enough incentive for people to pick up the game anyway despite it being the same as the year before. Which to me at this point sounds a bit absurd since you could still play your favourite mode with your past edition, but evidently in that sub culture that makes enough of a difference sooo.. I guess I'll just stop trying to make sense of all of this, lol.
If we are speaking about the rest modes, Online Divisions, Friendlies, 11vs11, then yes you can play you favourite edition.

If we are speaking about MyClub, which is the target audience, the main focus and the main reason that 2021-update exists, then you can still play PES2020, but the second year is pretty dead wasteland content wise. I mean except for the daily log in bonus, there is almost nothing, no competitions, no special agents/boxes, no gifts, no events. Now imagine that MyClub even in its peak, gets criticises for poor content, so imagine how poor it feels with75% of its content stripped.

Although on May of 2018 i tried PES 2017 online and on May of 2019 i tried PES 2018 online, and i was surpirsed that the matchmaking time was almost equal to current season PES. I was thinking that if in a modern PES, sometimes the matchmaking search can last even more than 1 minute, searching for oppoenet in previous year game, could last 5 minutes. Despite this, it was finding opponenets as "fast" as in the curernt year game.

TL;DR: If you belong in the MyCLUB hardcore crowd, playing the modern version is the only one way.

At general until now, since PES 2018 every September of next year the PES goes down from E-stores and every August of next game's cycle , gets its server go down.

Alright then. if they did it like this before they will probably stick to it, IMO.
good for the online fellas.

It's not really unnecessary outrage though is it? It would be an absolute pisstake for them to release what is pretty much an option file/patch as a £25+ purchase and then kill online features immediately for 2020.

I did not know how they did it in the past. And even if they did... ah forget it. It’s all said. 😊 Good it stays for another year.

never had that idea with the removal of stuff. This would be even worse I guess. But then again they did it before and I wouldn’t wonder.

most important to my health, i wouldn’t go overboard and rage like crazy.

Alright then. if they did it like this before they will probably stick to it, IMO.
good for the online fellas.

I did not know how they did it in the past. And even if they did... ah forget it. It’s all said. 😊 Good it stays for another year.

never had that idea with the removal of stuff. This would be even worse I guess. But then again they did it before and I wouldn’t wonder.

most important to my health, i wouldn’t go overboard and rage like crazy.
I am not sure for this year, as it is really weird already all this situtation with update, is it seperate, is it not, does it use the same file? There are so many questions, that we have answers only from "unofficial resources".

I mean, do they have the manpower to do all these stuff? I mean at least one needs to do the janitor for Thursday maintance of PES 2020, some team for maintance of update2021 and in the same time they need to work on UE PES 2022.

It sounds too many tasks and duties, for a team that likes to self-claimed small and poor. The typical PES productions we know can barely and hardly produce one game per year..

online i only play Divisions & Friendlies
i couldn't care less about MyClub shite,altough i always use the agents i get.. just to spin the ball and get a quick dopamine fix lol
hate plating MyClub either individually or co-op

Hope they finally setup some kind of Co-op mode that is available with regular teams, not only MyClub squads.. as it has been mentioned countless times before, it gets boring very quickly

Last edited:
It seems like nobody here is pointing out Konami Japan for this last few years. Under Kei Masuda's leadership since 2012 for Pes 2013 he and his team took out many fan favorite game feature and brought them back few years later as new addition. While EA took over and stole some of Pes's strengths, Konami took Fifa's bad stuff. Look how flawed this Fox Engine era was Pes 2014 unfinished and rushed,Pes 2015 good gameplay but op finesse shots and throw balls, Pes 2016 op over the top throw balls and cheating ai on superstar, Pes 2017 good base gameplay but op headers, Pes 2018 op headers and cheating cpu, Pes 2019 broken cpu offline and Pes 2020 didn't buy it because of the games before. It's 2020 and Konami is still produces Pes only from Japan, what impact do the other studios have Australia, Europe, America... none. All of this community managers have nothing to say and sometimes they don't even have the latest news. Unless Konami doesn't open up themselves and develop Pes in other Studios around the world else well, we fans are f..... It will be on step forward and two steps backwards. They still did some great stuff like the goalkeepers but they didn't handle fox engine to it's full potential. Look at the Master League, become a legend now and compare to Pes 2013/12/11. I'm not seeing that the Unreal Engine will change game modes or base Gameplay that is for Konami Japan to decide

It seems like nobody here is pointing out Konami Japan for this last few years. Under Kei Masuda's leadership since 2012 for Pes 2013 he and his team took out many fan favorite game feature and brought them back few years later as new addition. While EA took over and stole some of Pes's strengths, Konami took Fifa's bad stuff. Look how flawed this Fox Engine era was Pes 2014 unfinished and rushed,Pes 2015 good gameplay but op finesse shots and throw balls, Pes 2016 op over the top throw balls and cheating ai on superstar, Pes 2017 good base gameplay but op headers, Pes 2018 op headers and cheating cpu, Pes 2019 broken cpu offline and Pes 2020 didn't buy it because of the games before. It's 2020 and Konami is still produces Pes only from Japan, what impact do the other studios have Australia, Europe, America... none. All of this community managers have nothing to say and sometimes they don't even have the latest news. Unless Konami doesn't open up themselves and develop Pes in other Studios around the world else well, we fans are f..... It will be on step forward and two steps backwards. They still did some great stuff like the goalkeepers but they didn't handle fox engine to it's full potential. Look at the Master League, become a legend now and compare to Pes 2013/12/11. I'm not seeing that the Unreal Engine will change game modes or base Gameplay that is for Konami Japan to decide

I know Manorito Hosoda is now Pes producer and he was never a gameplay guy.

Few days ago going through Pes 5 credits i read to my surprise that Kei Masuda was already there in the team, learning from Seabass. Kei Masuda was the right choice but he was quickly put aside the moment he "failed" with Pes 2014. He made the mistake of being too ambitious and modern Konami didn't want to fix the issues and build upon that promising start, instead they put Hosoda, a marketing guy, as head of Pes productions. You can see the results.

Nobody? This was my almost weekly post, for the last 3 years. And just by speaking about my self, not even others.

Are we outraged because 2020's gameplay is shit and it will be released again for money? Or we outraged as its just a re-release? Imagine back in 2007, if theyd skipped PES2008 on the PS3 and would have re-released PES6 again? It would have been the same reception? (more or less it was as no one played 2008 but rather PES6 again)

Are we outraged because 2020's gameplay is shit and it will be released again for money? Or we outraged as its just a re-release? Imagine back in 2007, if theyd skipped PES2008 on the PS3 and would have re-released PES6 again? It would have been the same reception? (more or less it was as no one played 2008 but rather PES6 again)

I'm outraged because they have the nerve to ask 30€ for what is even less than an option file. It would have been the right choice if they offered this free for everyone that bought Pes 2020.

Outraged is a strong term and it's not a forced tax,people don't have to buy it ..but I'll go with what's wrong

They are charging for :
A game that gameplay quality has been reduced over the year
A game that will have less content
At best a DLC that should be free seeing that option files are available from the community.

PES 2020 gameplay since the last patch is better than vanilla version. I think that PES 2021 will improve PES 2020 gameplay. I prefer that Konami focus on PES 2022 on a new engine.

For gamers that didn't play PES games last years I think Konami has made a great decision to have PES 2021 at 30 € when FIFA 21 price is 70€. New users can try out PES gameplay before switching to the next gen.

It'll be interesting to see what the 2021 game cover looks like and whether it makes it clear to buyers that it is the same game as 2020 but with (partially) updated kits and rosters only.

If you already know that's what Konami are doing, as we all here do, then you only have yourself to blame for spending money on it. But assuming PES still typically sells millions of copies per year, how many buyers will not be aware and will the 2021 game cover make it clear what buyers are getting?

It'll be interesting to see what the 2021 game cover looks like and whether it makes it clear to buyers that it is the same game as 2020 but with (partially) updated kits and rosters only.

If you already know that's what Konami are doing, as we all here do, then you only have yourself to blame for spending money on it. But assuming PES still typically sells millions of copies per year, how many buyers will not be aware and will the 2021 game cover make it clear what buyers are getting?
It'll roughly look like this:
71JsPHaLCKL._SL1091_.jpg

I think the end of pes series is near if konami keep with all of these bad decisions, to have a season update its a bad decision for a lack of planning when they were advised years back a new generation were coming so they could have been ready for the change, to say good bye to this generation with fox engine in a season update format bad decision this only brings angry from community fan base while we are seeing all new features which were asked from pes fans during years and years coming to fifa 21, I suspect a lack of financing to pes developper team while pes is selling millions of copys per year konami just send a little few budget for pes developper team which makes to reduce employers weorking on that team and with a reduced budget you can not make all you want to bring to pes game, I do not think developpers are stupid or they just want to fuck us but konami decisions brings thjis kind of things, pes 2021 season update is just an excuse for his incompetence cause konami could have sent more budget to pes team developper so they would have working two teams at same time one for pes 2022 and another one for pes 2021 at same time but as I have said bad decisions again, I do not really know what they expect with this season update but its a shoot on his foot, if in pes 2022 they still ignoring fan base and for being first game on next generation brings bugs with just improved graphics is the end of pes series and will have not be "falses" promises for next pes 2023 again because thats what they announce every year, we are working for the next pes, we have a year plan work to bring you best pes but when next edition of pes comes never satisfies to customer, so this year you can see clearly differences between a company which is working (ea) and another one which is not working (konami), and I think they just released pes 2021 for myclub coins which is the way they are getting most profits from customers, if people let to play my club would be a good reverse for konami and only maybe they react to this situation cause the big game is still sleeping and maybe will never wake up

I'm outraged because they have the nerve to ask 30€ for what is even less than an option file. It would have been the right choice if they offered this free for everyone that bought Pes 2020.
Outraged is a strong term and it's not a forced tax,people don't have to buy it ..but I'll go with what's wrong

They are charging for :
A game that gameplay quality has been reduced over the year
A game that will have less content
At best a DLC that should be free seeing that option files are available from the community.

The only good thing indeed about this that they are transparent about it indeed.

Look at Asim Tanvir and Adam Bhatti. They were ones one of us ,fans, became employed by konami and had little to none impact on the game. Why did u guys think Adam had to move to Japan for 2 years to have anything to say. Because he was just someone to advertise Pes and had nothing to do with the development. Asim step down from his job a few months after getting it, but it wasn't his fault how Konami took on fan suggestions. I don't think Adam is doing a great job but he has nothing major to say on Pes. I don't even know what he did in Japan this last 2 years. With this years Season Update it highlights how small Pes have become to need more time for an engine switch next year to not even develop new menus for this year. Why didn't Konami France, Germany, Brasil or so develop Pes 2021 while Japan is working on Pes 2022? Nowadays games aren't develop anymore in just one studio, but not Konami's games.

Look at Asim Tanvir and Adam Bhatti. They were ones one of us ,fans, became employed by konami and had little to none impact on the game. Why did u guys think Adam had to move to Japan for 2 years to have anything to say. Because he was just someone to advertise Pes and had nothing to do with the development. Asim step down from his job a few months after getting it, but it wasn't his fault how Konami took on fan suggestions. I don't think Adam is doing a great job but he has nothing major to say on Pes. I don't even know what he did in Japan this last 2 years. With this years Season Update it highlights how small Pes have become to need more time for an engine switch next year to not even develop new menus for this year. Why didn't Konami France, Germany, Brasil or so develop Pes 2021 while Japan is working on Pes 2022? Nowadays games aren't develop anymore in just one studio, but not Konami's games.
All is about bad decisions from konami, would be better if they open the game to the world and work on pes in others countrys with others points of view despite of japan studios has always last word, but its seems japan is too proud and do not accept bad reviews and they have fear what can be done with pes outside japan country thats main reason

All is about bad decisions from konami, would be better if they open the game to the world and work on pes in others countrys with others points of view despite of japan studios has always last word, but its seems japan is too proud and do not accept bad reviews and they have fear what can be done with pes outside japan country thats main reason
not sure if anything to do with proudness or more to do with revenue, back in the day the only way to make money was via selling a disc and then that was it until the next installment , now it's ensuring you keep the online crowd happy. I mean they release a free version every year which speaks volumes

The only fkin question he ''could" and not "couldn't" answer clearly was this one.... Crap for Switch for another year.... :(

I'd like to talk about Nintendo Switch. EA puts out a half-arsed version of FIFA on Switch. Isn't there a big opportunity on Switch for a really good version of PES that isn't just a crap version of the main games? Will Konami step into the breach and save Switch owners who are looking for that experience?

Lennart Bobzien: I have a Switch at home. I love the Switch as a console. But I can just comment about PES 2021, and this will just be available on the current console generation, which means PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. There will be no Switch version for this year.

not sure if anything to do with proudness or more to do with revenue, back in the day the only way to make money was via selling a disc and then that was it until the next installment , now it's ensuring you keep the online crowd happy. I mean they release a free version every year which speaks volumes

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...njoys-fifth-consecutive-year-of-profit-growth

Indeed, MyClub is where the money is so as a business you cant blame them for making sure their shareholders can enjoy maximum profits. Maybe we should all buy shares, might soften our pain a bit 😋

Back
Top Bottom