eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I used this corner method a lot with Real Madrid... because I got a lot of corners :D

Here's the method in case anyone's interested:

Indeed this method seems to be more effective and especially online which i play the most i see many people spamming it,although if you put your defender on the near post you also have very good chances of clearing the ball.Personally i don't use it though because it looks fake when the player strikes the corner kick so strongly,it nearly looks like a shoot and not a cross.So i prefer to take a normal corner kick and apply curve to the ball which looks much more realistic.I push diagonally up+left or up+right and about 3/4 of power so the ball goes strongly enough with a curve on it but not so strongly if you push only up and it looks fake and too arcady then.

About the thing that you can't win headers that someone says above,i don't think that's the case.If you have players with good heading and jump ability then you can win fairly enough headers against defenders.Players like CR7,Van Dijk,Vieira for example that i have in my team,or even Puyol who is not very tall but have very good jump and heading stats can win many headers against the opposition.It seems tricky though to make a good enough header..Many may think that you have to push the button the last moment to time it right,but actually it seems to be the opposite which i saw also in a youtube tutorial..The earlier you push the button the better it seems that the player prepares the animation and can head the ball more effectively.

About the thing that you can't win headers that someone says above,i don't think that's the case.If you have players with good heading and jump ability then you can win fairly enough headers against defenders.Players like CR7,Van Dijk,Vieira for example that i have in my team,or even Puyol who is not very tall but have very good jump and heading stats can win many headers against the opposition.It seems tricky though to make a good enough header..Many may think that you have to push the button the last moment to time it right,but actually it seems to be the opposite which i saw also in a youtube tutorial..The earlier you push the button the better it seems that the player prepares the animation and can head the ball more effectively.

Yep. Half this video is all header goals, scored on FUMA which is even harder. The key is to use a lofted cross taken on the crosser's stride, to a good header:

Last edited:
I still enjoy my league mode , much better than last patch. Top player fuma is so good on the pitch. I've also set my tactics similar to the Zidane video , false 9 , center attacks and counter target. Also on fluid formations I've put my two FB to midfield when in position which is essentially overlapping fullbacks .

Struggling with this latest patch on fuma. Super aggressive AI defending + the crappy 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th touches = zero fun factor.
Getting body checked every challenge, sometimes by 3 defenders at once with no fouls called is getting stale.
Most of my tackles are fouls, due to daft player animations, and braindead response times is frustrating.
Players not knowing where the ball is, and when they are clued in their first thought is to back away from it.
Few occasions were my player loses control of the ball while dribbling, and I watch as the slightest touch fires the ball off the pitch like a bullet. ???

Horrible experience on SS, tried top player and it's the same. Tbf I don't care what difficulty I use as long as it's fun and challenging, but I feel this patch promotes hot potato passing gameplay, so I couldn't be arsed going lower.

Had so much fun on this around Nov/Dec (3 or 4 patches ago), but progressively worse with each one.

Has this been patched again since the big (I think) patch that came down a couple of weeks again? The AI (ML) seems to have had a whopping boost in physicality and stamina in the last week or so. Also back to telepathic tackling.

Regarding crossing in Pes 2021, the crosses have to be very accurate if you want to win headers with not so high heading and jumping stats. This is a little luck on assisted and hard on manual. But if you get it right you can score headers with players like Diego Jota from Liverpool against the likes of the tallest defenders in game even if you are stuck between the two centre-backs.

For Corners, no matter which style you use, I have found super cancel to be the key. Even if the player makes proper contact, the ball floats high above the net but with subtle adjustments using super cancel, it's way more easier and consistent to win headers and they don't float high.
A side note to using super cancel, use it very early as soon as the ball is kicked. The reason is that players forget about the ball when using super cancel, so move them into position, release super cancel and then shoot with header otherwise it leads to weak contact or missing the ball altogether if you don't release super cancel early.

I've found with headers (at both ends of the pitch) you win far more by holding the sprint button and flicking the thumb stick just before the cross meets your attacker/defender. A split second before both players jump for the ball. Worked in 2020, and seems the same in 2021.

I'm hoping for some slight tweak today from Konami to put the AI back to where it was approx. 2 weeks ago. Otherwise I was really enjoying it. There was 'some' more variety in AI build up, and less flat out aggression.

I've found with headers (at both ends of the pitch) you win far more by holding the sprint button and flicking the thumb stick just before the cross meets your attacker/defender. A split second before both players jump for the ball. Worked in 2020, and seems the same in 2021.

I'm hoping for some slight tweak today from Konami to put the AI back to where it was approx. 2 weeks ago. Otherwise I was really enjoying it. There was 'some' more variety in AI build up, and less flat out aggression.
This is what I do power up and direction and then let go , the input has finished before the ball makes contact with the head. Scored a mint diving header near post with Mane this way and I think in my last 5 games I've scored 4 headers. Another tip which everyone will know is making sure you have your big defenders up for set pieces

Not sure I'm liking data version 5.00 . Getting lots more fouls against and stupid collisions. Is there a way of going back to version 4.00

I'll be passing on the game till it's patched again. Tried 5 ML games tonight, there's no enjoyment in the super aggressive, massively over powered AI. I can't believe this was tested before it was released and Konami thought it was ok.

I'll be passing on the game till it's patched again. Tried 5 ML games tonight, there's no enjoyment in the super aggressive, massively over powered AI. I can't believe this was tested before it was released and Konami thought it was ok.
Yes they have totally ruined the game. So annoyed. Can someone help me please, I need to get back to dp4 or even vanilla. Is this possible? I have seen if you go to options you can delete update.. is this just for transfers or does it take you back to vanilla?

Yes they have totally ruined the game. So annoyed. Can someone help me please, I need to get back to dp4 or even vanilla. Is this possible? I have seen if you go to options you can delete update.. is this just for transfers or does it take you back to vanilla?
It's so *ucking bullshit game right now, there's nothing good... Thank god i have Pes 2018, that's much better.. :D

If your PS4 there's no way back to DP4. From the PS4 start screen you can delete all system data for PES21, and this will be vanilla but...that's not just DPs - it's transfers / squad updates, and appearance changes too. I would hang on for DP6 - DP5 has been poor in the past few release cycles.

If your PS4 there's no way back to DP4. From the PS4 start screen you can delete all system data for PES21, and this will be vanilla but...that's not just DPs - it's transfers / squad updates, and appearance changes too. I would hang on for DP6 - DP5 has been poor in the past few release cycles.
Oh - if you reset to vanilla you need to keep the PS4 offline until DP6 comes out.

Ok thanks 👍 it plays shite at the moment. Any idea when dp6 comes out?

Still sticking with the Lite version of this game, tbh i was starting to seriously consider getting the full version, especially if any price drop happened, because i really appreciated the way the game played on Regular and Professional difficulties (FUMA Control Settings), however with what i've played in the latest patch i'm very dissapointed and have no intention of getting the full game, at least for now.

They've made it a lot worse in my eyes, the tempo feels a lot faster and the CPU is much more agressive in the marking, also FUMA feels a bit different, perhaps it's because of the CPU's defence inducing more mistakes on my behalf, but i always feel like i'm passing with too little power or too much, and as a result of the changes i feel that the game is a lot quicker and more end-to-end, which i'm sure many people do like, but i personally don't enjoy it as much.

Still sticking with the Lite version of this game, tbh i was starting to seriously consider getting the full version, especially if any price drop happened, because i really appreciated the way the game played on Regular and Professional difficulties (FUMA Control Settings), however with what i've played in the latest patch i'm very dissapointed and have no intention of getting the full game, at least for now.

They've made it a lot worse in my eyes, the tempo feels a lot faster and the CPU is much more agressive in the marking, also FUMA feels a bit different, perhaps it's because of the CPU's defence inducing more mistakes on my behalf, but i always feel like i'm passing with too little power or too much, and as a result of the changes i feel that the game is a lot quicker and more end-to-end, which i'm sure many people do like, but i personally don't enjoy it as much.
i am playing FUMA on professional. 5th season. but play speed is -2 cos the game is super fast with high rated players. its like a ping pong match. so have to reduce the speed. but the game speed is random. some days, i play on -1 if i play during the day time.

if i play at night, -1 is still fast and have to reduce to -2.

i am playing FUMA on professional. 5th season. but play speed is -2 cos the game is super fast with high rated players. its like a ping pong match. so have to reduce the speed. but the game speed is random. some days, i play on -1 if i play during the day time.

if i play at night, -1 is still fast and have to reduce to -2.
I suppose that changing the game speed setting is indeed the best solution, the problem is that i don't know if i can adjust this setting on MyClub when playing against the CPU there, will have to test it out later.

I suppose that changing the game speed setting is indeed the best solution, the problem is that i don't know if i can adjust this setting on MyClub when playing against the CPU there, will have to test it out later.
the best option is to be able to reduce every players speed and acceleration by 10. so even when players improve, the game might not be tt fast.

but can be done for pc only.

Back
Top Bottom