eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

In edit player menu you can select the player and reset it with the same button you use for the through pass, I use the Xbox controller so it's the yellow Y for me.
Sorry to be a pain but I did what you said and changed ESR and Saka's stats, saved them but when I go into my league game or exhibition they're back to the default settings, I must be doing something wrong?

Sorry to be a pain but I did what you said and changed ESR and Saka's stats, saved them but when I go into my league game or exhibition they're back to the default settings, I must be doing something wrong?
if you have a saved Master League or another tournament you'll have to start a new one to have the updated abilities, but for exhibition matches you should see what you saved in edit mode

Hello!
Here's a compilation of some of my goals in pes 2021 for PC.
The renderization was a problem but here it goes:

I swear, my relationship with this game is 100% love and hate.

I had uninstalled it yesterday over frustration with some stuff, but today I decided to install it again because screw it, I already have the game, might as well try to get some fun out of it.

Sorry if it has already been answered, but does anyone know how I can revert back to Data Pack 4, because DP5 has ruined the perfect gameplay from Holland for me..

if you have a saved Master League or another tournament you'll have to start a new one to have the updated abilities, but for exhibition matches you should see what you saved in edit mode
Unfortunately exhibition
Grrrrrrr I can't, it's just the default.

/edit
Ok it's showing in new league, that will do :P

Last edited:
I swear, my relationship with this game is 100% love and hate.

I had uninstalled it yesterday over frustration with some stuff, but today I decided to install it again because screw it, I already have the game, might as well try to get some fun out of it.
I have done the same thing for years, and only recently have I managed to stop. I genuinely consider it to be a form of insanity - mourning a better time and desperately trying to get it back, by doing the same thing OVER and OVER in the hope that it will feel different the 100th time around (if not 1,000th time around).

I am so desperate for a football game as good (and as grounded in reality) as the old games, that I go through a cycle of installing and playing every PES (and FIFA) from the PSX games onwards, over and over. A few years ago I'd play each game for a few days. Now, I'll go through 2-3 in a single day.

I'll play each game for 2-3 matches before deciding "I can't keep playing this because of [reasons]", then move onto the next, until I get to the 2021 games and go "there is nowhere near enough depth in this gameplay for me to play it" (the AI is the worst I've ever seen in any PES game)...

...then I start again. I go back to ISS Pro Evo on the PSX. For an hour. Before I say to myself, "if only this game had more freedom in movement"... and then it's PES 3... Then 5... Then 6... Then 2013... Then 2014... Then 2017... Then 2018... Then 2020... Then 2021... Then ISS Pro Evo...

@Emroth laughs when I send him a message saying "do you know what, [this version of PES] is pretty good, we should play it one night". 24 hours later, "never mind, it's too frustrating, I've moved onto [different version of PES]"...

It must be easy if - like @Emroth - you don't have to play a football game to have fun as a gamer. But no game, as good as it might be, can satisfy me. I spend the whole time playing Witcher 3 thinking "I wish I was playing an amazing football game". It is some kind of mental issue.

I have done the same thing for years, and only recently have I managed to stop. I genuinely consider it to be a form of insanity - mourning a better time and desperately trying to get it back, by doing the same thing OVER and OVER in the hope that it will feel different the 100th time around (if not 1,000th time around).

I am so desperate for a football game as good (and as grounded in reality) as the old games, that I go through a cycle of installing and playing every PES (and FIFA) from the PSX games onwards, over and over. A few years ago I'd play each game for a few days. Now, I'll go through 2-3 in a single day.

I'll play each game for 2-3 matches before deciding "I can't keep playing this because of [reasons]", then move onto the next, until I get to the 2021 games and go "there is nowhere near enough depth in this gameplay for me to play it" (the AI is the worst I've ever seen in any PES game)...

...then I start again. I go back to ISS Pro Evo on the PSX. For an hour. Before I say to myself, "if only this game had more freedom in movement"... and then it's PES 3... Then 5... Then 6... Then 2013... Then 2014... Then 2017... Then 2018... Then 2020... Then 2021... Then ISS Pro Evo...

@Emroth laughs when I send him a message saying "do you know what, [this version of PES] is pretty good, we should play it one night". 24 hours later, "never mind, it's too frustrating, I've moved onto [different version of PES]"...

It must be easy if - like @Emroth - you don't have to play a football game to have fun as a gamer. But no game, as good as it might be, can satisfy me. I spend the whole time playing Witcher 3 thinking "I wish I was playing an amazing football game". It is some kind of mental issue.
Oh man this rings so true. You’re not alone with this if it helps hahaha.

I can't go much time without a football game either, I played it all at this point: PES/WE (WE2002 to PES 21), FIFA (64 to 19), Championship Manager (01-02 to 2010), Football Manager (13 to 20), Football Kingdom, and a bunch of indie-like games that were either managers or cartoony, I actually made the Women's US National Team on a small Unity game where the players had, like, really big heads lol

I'm sure I'll go back to FIFA at some point, it'll be interesting to see Women's Football with next-gen graphics, same with PES 22 and Unreal Engine, 2022 will probably be a very interesting year for football games in general.

Before coming back to PES, though, I was playing PES 6 with a season 20-21 mod, it was ludicrously fun, I've made a career with Borussia Dortmund and played for, like, 2 seasons, PES 6 still holds up so well, I wonder if games like PES 21 will hold up as well in 15 years, I think you can guess the answer.

Is there anyone else besides me enjoying this new data pack, kind of reminds me of the early weightier patch of PES2020 before they ruined it which was one of my favorites. Full manual also seems more stat based now as playing with a 2 star team on FUMA is very different to playing with the likes of Liverpool.
I am actually surprised in a positive way - still needs more fouls and pens though but other than that its a good update

Am I the only one who's being disappointed with the OST the last 2 years? Like dude you're KONAMI, if you can't license good songs get somethings from the BEMANI games damn it

I can't go much time without a football game either, I played it all at this point: PES/WE (WE2002 to PES 21), FIFA (64 to 19), Championship Manager (01-02 to 2010), Football Manager (13 to 20), Football Kingdom, and a bunch of indie-like games that were either managers or cartoony, I actually made the Women's US National Team on a small Unity game where the players had, like, really big heads lol

I'm sure I'll go back to FIFA at some point, it'll be interesting to see Women's Football with next-gen graphics, same with PES 22 and Unreal Engine, 2022 will probably be a very interesting year for football games in general.

Before coming back to PES, though, I was playing PES 6 with a season 20-21 mod, it was ludicrously fun, I've made a career with Borussia Dortmund and played for, like, 2 seasons, PES 6 still holds up so well, I wonder if games like PES 21 will hold up as well in 15 years, I think you can guess the answer.

PES 4 to 6 is peak football games and really good games in general. PES got me into football, ngl

PES 4 to 6 is peak football games and really good games in general. PES got me into football, ngl
Something I miss on PES 6 but that I remember being on PES 5 and I think 4 was the ability to move the angle of the camera both ways, in PES 6 it's only one direction.
Now, there probably is some kind of mod to move the camera in all directions for PES 6 PC, but I was playing PS2, so.. not much to do. :/

Is there anyone else besides me enjoying this new data pack, kind of reminds me of the early weightier patch of PES2020 before they ruined it which was one of my favorites. Full manual also seems more stat based now as playing with a 2 star team on FUMA is very different to playing with the likes of Liverpool.
I am actually surprised in a positive way - still needs more fouls and pens though but other than that its a good update
Yeah i also like the new update.Enjoying the weightier but fluid feel and also the ball physics are certainly a bit better and more realistic.You can notice it when you change play from one side to the other with a curved long ball how beautiful it looks and travels.Before the update it looked a bit more arcady to how the curve was applied.Not talking about huge differences of course but it's still noticable and most of all you must feel it yourself by playing.It can't be felt from a video for example.Although i don't use manual but PA1.This PA1 is surely the most realistic and free that we had in the latest years with good error if you try to pass off balance and with bad body position or try to tiki taka very much with average players who don't have the One Touch Pass skill for example.

im in the same boat, i uninstalled and reinstalled PES 2021 3 times already, and now after playing vs a cpu cheating ridden match vs real madrid, i turned it off middle of the match byebye, no more.... i can t take it

Yeah i also like the new update.Enjoying the weightier but fluid feel and also the ball physics are certainly a bit better and more realistic.You can notice it when you change play from one side to the other with a curved long ball how beautiful it looks and travels.Before the update it looked a bit more arcady to how the curve was applied.Not talking about huge differences of course but it's still noticable and most of all you must feel it yourself by playing.It can't be felt from a video for example.Although i don't use manual but PA1.This PA1 is surely the most realistic and free that we had in the latest years with good error if you try to pass off balance and with bad body position or try to tiki taka very much with average players who don't have the One Touch Pass skill for example.
u ll enjoy it more when dybala goes inside the area from 6 meters and skies into row Z with only a small press....

Hey guys,
Had an interesting thing happen to me tonight...
To begin, ive been using the latest Holland GP patches before dlc5.0 came out.. ie. LIVE FOOTBALL MATCH. Then i had the auto updated 1.05.00 occur, and kept it at this original Konami exe. I always like giving Konami's new gameplay updates a go - hoping for some improvements etc.... Anyways, Its playing pretty good... just like a few people on here mentioned: improved ball physics, weightier slower gameplay, more physicality and improved variations/errors/animations.

Now, considering i was going to start a Cup, and i know how Konami scripting can fk things up, i then decided to copy and paste in Holland's new 1.05.00 gameplay - both the exe, and the dt18 files (from LFM)... Surely it played nice, but the ball physics seemed different to the new Konami 1.05.00 (which i kinda preferred), so i reverted back again - playing the vanilla version. Now whats weird is that, even after doing this properly (ie. deleting the exe and the dt18 files, and then verifying through steam, and having steam re download the proper files), things just felt off.. The game felt slower, less responsive, and It was just so easy for my ball carriers to be bumped, put off balance, and lose possession of the ball.., and not once would my players regain possession - unlike previously, where it was more 50/50 or stat based. Something just felt off. Even when i reverted back to Holland's mod once again, still felt off... wtf!!!

So, tonight i uninstalled the game, reinstalled (then started first time in Steam, applying datapack/update, before starting via sider)... and holy shit.. the difference was immediate. The pace of the game, the smoothness, and in particular the ball physics are awesome. My players arent getting constantly shoved of the ball anymore (more 50/50), and im seeing more errors, more variation in ai attack, and more variation in deflections etc. Weird...
So i do encourage people to do a reinstall every now and then.

I posted some videos (not entirely uneventful) that show some of the cool gameplay (Full manual, Superstar, default speed even though youtube fks things up):

(Eng vs Ven 1st half)

(Eng vs Ven 2nd half - incomplete)

(Sas vs Sevilla 1st half only)

(Brazil vs Ire Training Mode)

Here's hoping PES 2022 is what we've been looking for. No other game I've played in my entire life has me made me as mad as PES 2021. I just don't get it. Why with every DP does the game keep getting worse? The modders are trying to do their part, but it's almost insanity at this point. It's never gonna change no matter what you throw at it. Enough with the manufactured excitement.

Last edited:
Here's hoping PES 2022 is what we've been looking for. No other game I've in my entire life has me made me so mad than PES 2021. I just don't get it. Why with ever DP this game keeps getting worse? The modders are trying to do their part, but it's almost insanity at this point. It's never gonna change no matter what you throw at it. Enough with the manufactured excitement.
Yesterday i played two games in The Champions league, i thought this is the best pes ever, then came final of copa del rey vs sevilla, everything went back to the worst gameplay ever, handicap was there, pressing pressing and no defender takes the ball, it really is outrageous how this game becomes when it just doesn t wanna let u play ...

Good evening, would anybody care to share their nvidia settings for a my laptop, I run with a RTX 2060, 16G, I7 , 144 HZ.
I am getting confused with settings within the game, within the directory and nvidia

Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍👍 Many thanks in advance

Hey guys. I've been trying many coach plans to try to achieve the mod realistic build up play, and I must say Zidane's is my favorite so far.

I wanted to try Total Football (Pirlo, Juve) but the game doesn't have that sort of flexibility. Bielsa Ball seems interesting too and I was able to replicate the fluid formation too, but haven't been able to translate it to proper games yet. Thinking of going for a more basic OGS's United next.

Guys i know out of topic, but if anyone is watching chelsea vs man city, how the bad and dry pitch at wembley and the fact that the mitre ball is too bouncy which as a result is hampering the flow of the rythm of each team, the ball requires 2 extra touches just to keep between the legs, i hate how wembley a pitch is always like this.....

I’m not sure what has happened, I have reverted to DP4 as I did the Evoweb fix and the collision and first touch, lag was nuts, I have even installed Holland’s GP and I’m still having the same issues. I’m starting to think it’s laptop,graphics, mod related. I am going to try vanilla tonight without sider to see if there’s any difference. Is there’s any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it 👍👍

anyone knows why my gpu fan is at 100 % while playing this game??? is there a setting i need to change or something?

Back
Top Bottom