FC Barcelona Thread

Why would you give someone with no history of managing one of the biggest jobs in the world. its like United giving Giggs the job when he retires, no doubt he's a legend and great player but what makes him any good at managing?

I think the fans want to keep the style of football barcelonas are playing and thats why they choosed him he know how everythings works

If thats the case why not get a established manager who plays that way, there Barcelona they can probably get any manager they want such as Scolari or even try and see of they could lure Arsene?

Another club Maureen won't get. Is it possible he'll end up unemployed at the end of the season? Would be very funny.

Oh, and didn't Guardiola coach the Barcelona B team? It's not that uncommon for a coach to be promoted to the first team. They're normally involved in first team coaching anyways. Not a big surprise.

I very much doubt it. What are the odds of him going to Man City? but i think he'll end up at Inter.

Isn't Mancini staying? :SS

It depends on the end of Serie A.
Mourinho should think he is still the best. Some days ago he said that he doesn't want to go to Benfica or to the Portuguese National Team. Spanish press said he rejected Barça because he didn't want Guardiola as second coach. He also rejected England job, you remember. What an arrogant guy!

lol mancini...coachin barca... mancini is a defense coach he play the italian way defense defense counter...so if your strikers aint feeling it today then you mostly will draw or loose. I dont think barca fan want that style of football

lol mancini...coachin barca... mancini is a defense coach he play the italian way defense defense counter...so if your strikers aint feeling it today then you mostly will draw or loose. I dont think barca fan want that style of football

Do you know what you're talking about? Mancini is far from being a defensive coach.

Deco is for sure one of the 9/10 that Barcelona are going to sell, any1 knows the rest of them?
Etoo
Deco
Henry
Ronaldinho
Zambrotta

marquez
thuram
sylvinho
edmilson?

they barely played 3 games each this season, also heard a while back that Giovanni dos Santos was looking for a new club but im not so sure

Last edited:
Deco is for sure one of the 9/10 that Barcelona are going to sell, any1 knows the rest of them?
Etoo
Deco
Henry
Ronaldinho
Zambrotta

Look at the talent you have and its all going, because you cant team it into a team instead a bunch of individials:brick:

not very good takes stupid cards and doesnt hold nearly as high lvl as he used to imo, got replaced by Milito this season and barely played a game from start before milito got injured

Last edited:
They only work Really Good in games (PES FIFA), IRL they are too individual or old to make a strong and effective team.
But if you watch closely some Barcelona games, you see that they are always trying to do everything on their own.
Henry is on a "habitue" of being the center of the attack.
Deco is already out of fitness and even his long passes (his strong point) are missing a lot.
Etoo is not the player he used to be, after the injury he lost so many capacities, he lost courage, he lost that will power of his, he lost concentration, the tempum to attack, being a shadow of the defender+goalkeeper, always being where he was needed, among other made him bad.
Ronaldinho is in bad shape due to his own fault (nights, drama, etc) and since he was the center of almost all Barcelona play, the team lost almost 60% of their power just by leaving him in the bench.
Zambrotta is good but nothing more.

Then we have the players that have too many chances and the other that never play. Thats the case of:
Marquez he is great but i prefer him in a DMF position rater then in CB.
Thuram this guy should be retired, he is awful imo.
Sylvinho a little bit too old but injuries all the time killed his presence on the first team.
Edmilson bad, don't like him at all.
Motta, i think i only saw him play once and he was nothing worth wearing a Barcelona shirt.
Abidal is one of those players that if he wasn't there, o wouldn't care less, makes some bad decisions and his attacking runs let the left side clear then with the "great" defense we have, barca loses the game..

All this with a bad management and team decisions lead to a fourth place in LaLiga and a CL quarter-final loss, so No Trophys for (maybe) 2/3 years..

Piquè, Daniel Alves and Seidue Keita.
With Piquè everything is already done. The now former Manchester United defender will cost 5 million euros and will sign a four. The Spanish player lands today in Barcelona. Barça is also near the conclusion of negotiations for the duo of Seville. The Catalan proposal is 40 million for both. Then there are Fabricio Coloccini of Deportivo (could rise to 10 million) and Alexander Hleb. Hleb does not want to remain 'Arsenal but Barcelona will have to fight with Inter. For the band left the idea is Florent Malouda. Its price fluctuates around 20 million euros. If this assumption were to break up, then Barcelona would try it on David Silva. The player is linked to Valencia until 2013 and has a clause of 90 million. The sailing in Valencia is in bad water and could decide to release the stars, Silva and Villa. As with Malouda, Barça does not intend to exceed 20 million. The dream is Adebayor. Its cost is around 25 million euros. The same figure is needed to bring Berbatov to Camp Nou. The Bulgarian wants to leave Tottenham but is also chased by Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid. The other option is Karim Benzema, but in this case the situation becomes more complicated. The player wishes to remain at least for another year at Lyon and the club asks well transalpine 50 million euros.

Here is what is For Now the "List of Guardiola" for the next season. What do you guys think?

Piquè, Daniel Alves and Seidue Keita.
With Piquè everything is already done. The now former Manchester United defender will cost 5 million euros and will sign a four. The Spanish player lands today in Barcelona. Barça is also near the conclusion of negotiations for the duo of Seville. The Catalan proposal is 40 million for both. Then there are Fabricio Coloccini of Deportivo (could rise to 10 million) and Alexander Hleb. Hleb does not want to remain 'Arsenal but Barcelona will have to fight with Inter. For the band left the idea is Florent Malouda. Its price fluctuates around 20 million euros. If this assumption were to break up, then Barcelona would try it on David Silva. The player is linked to Valencia until 2013 and has a clause of 90 million. The sailing in Valencia is in bad water and could decide to release the stars, Silva and Villa. As with Malouda, Barça does not intend to exceed 20 million. The dream is Adebayor. Its cost is around 25 million euros. The same figure is needed to bring Berbatov to Camp Nou. The Bulgarian wants to leave Tottenham but is also chased by Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid. The other option is Karim Benzema, but in this case the situation becomes more complicated. The player wishes to remain at least for another year at Lyon and the club asks well transalpine 50 million euros.

Here is what is For Now the "List of Guardiola" for the next season. What do you guys think?

That's interesting. Still doesn't tell me exactly what Guardiola's 'imprint' is. What he wants the team to do.

Not surprised by the defense buys. Barcelona do need a revamped defense. Pique would be a decent buy, haven't seen enough of him to comment. Coloccini would be a great buy though. Really rate him highly. And I think I've raved about Dani Alves enough on these forums :-pp

With Malouda and Silva, I can see what Guardiola wants. A wide playmaker. Same with Hleb. So, probably wide playmakers cutting in. Which leaves the question of Messi's position. I guess he'll be shifted to center, and I admit, I've always seen him as a trequartista.

Which probably means something like this

-----Xavi---Toure------
Silva---Messi---Hleb---

Think Benzema would suit this group of players to the hill. Don't think Benzema is going anywhere though. Berbatov maybe? But then again, he likes to drop into the hole, and pick the ball up and set through players. Adebayor? Meh, stil don't know what to make of him. Think Guiza would fit this system really well.

I would be worried about the lack of direct players in this team though. All good for the 1-2 football or 'pass and move', but no one who can change the tempo of the game. Someone like Sergio Garcia would be nice.

Last edited:
So now Gerard Pique has gone home.I believe we have lost a very good player.Pique has definitely got the ability to be a starter for Barca.I hope he will form a very good partnership with Carles Puyol.

Piqué Confirmed
Seidue Keita Confirmed
Daniel Alves Almost
Fabricio Coloccini
Hleb
Malouda
David Silva
David Villa
Adebayor Maybe
Berbatov Maybe
Karim Benzema

:))