FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifa 09 : news this week or next

The old thread was closed, so I hope I dont piss anyone off by starting this. The Fifablog guys told me news on Fifa 09 should hit this week, and they are seeing the game next week at some private event.

Will keep you posted.

Re: Fifa 09 : news this week or next

Cheers Adonis. Just to confirm, we at the blog will be seeing the game next week as Adam has just said. Can't wait.

Incredible. Can't wait to hear about it.

Make sure you write down all the problems with FIFA and UEFA, photocopy it and hand it out to everyone there so that we don't have these damn rebound goals in FIFA 09. :D

Cheers Adonis. Just to confirm, we at the blog will be seeing the game next week as Adam has just said. Can't wait.

Im actually very jealous mate, EA are too good to you lot ;)

Looks like I'm a bit late announcing this:

Todd Zuniga @ 1up.com said:
It's a huge day in the sports gaming world, today, as I'm in Vancouver for EA's big annual Gamer's Day. That means interviews with any- and everyone, I'm seeing FIFA 09 (which I'm most excited about), NHL 09 (two-way tie on excitement), Live, NASCAR, Madden, Tiger, NCAA Football (again), FaceBreaker, and some other things that I'm not sure I can say I'm seeing until May 8 (but don't get too excited about those).

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

As the fifa 09 thread is closed, that wonderful mod Tim7 will move this into it for everyone. A very brief comment from the 1up.com guy who went to the EA Sports Gamer day yesterday:

"Man, I saw some serious business today (it's business, it's business time!), and the sad facts are that I can't spill all now! Today I saw FIFA, NHL and NBA. I can't say yea or nay on anything yet, but NHL is in for a repeat run at game of the year, and FIFA will CERTAINLY challenge it. As for why, I can't say yet. Tomorrow I see Madden. I'll allude to my thoughts, don't worry. I won't let you guys down! "

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FIFA 08

Not too sure where to put this as the thread is locked, but the public wont be hearing about FIFA 09 officially until mid-June. NDA's have just come through stating such.

I said earlier that news will be coming next week, but seems EA have put an end to that.

What are NDA's ? anyway im loving this game, the only way people got sick of this game is probably due to tones of hours of gaming everyday, the only issue i have with it is reactions need slightly improving yes i said only slightly and also you need to have more control over the players PES has this quite well done but maybe its the reaction time?

Non-disclosure agreement

Basically put in place so gaming journalists cant spill the beans.

Abit disappointing but not much of surprise really a little bit early for the hype train to start.

Cheers for that, yep totally agree its still way to early to even think of FIFA 09, the demo won't hit until early september i think and proper news about the game probably wont hit till July/Auguest time.

Re: FIFA 09

Sounds really good, i hope we can use real players aswell as made up ones, would be nice to try and target 50 goals with Ronaldo or try and rank up as many assist's as possible with Fabregas for example rather then me trying to score 1 for the season being a acheivement :)

Good to know that they have done something useful for Be a Pro offline in FIFA, will be good if they sort out the ratings system.
I think it's a bit silly how they limit it to four seasons, and manager mode to 15, it should be infinite (well, in BAP you should be forced to retire around 40) with regen players filling in the places of retired players, it's a bit annoying playing a game mode that you know will finish after a number of seasons.

To be honest 4 seasons is alot for the casual gamer, will be just about enough for me to be fair, the game is still all about classic type game of controlling everyone. Also if you can use real players its fine as you can try different challenges and positions and different level of quality players.

Has anyone (who has a life) actually completed 15 seasons of Manager Mode without simming anyway?

ive done 10 and simmed 3 to take me to 13 and then that was me done - i loved it - i hate signing the well known players so i spent all of my time playing to improve young unknowns

By year 10 it got a bit much and i enjoyed the management side more than playing so i simmed most of the season while i watched my stars grow

-

4 years for be a pro is crap for me - turns me off it big time knowing that just as i get going it will be game over. How many players go from zero to hero in just under 4 years?

Why not offer us longer and anyone who wants to start as gerrard can then complete it in less seasons and those who want a longer challenge can have it

"it was clear that Poland could not believe that this upstart American could hold his own on the pitch."

Yaaaa, some of us Americans do know how to play a little...:BY:

The BAP Season Mode does worry me a bit how it's worded though:

playing through a series of games staged over the course of 4 seasons.

Just the way that says, series of games, why not just say it's a 4 season event? Makes me think it may not be 4 proper actual seasons... Maybe it's just me being paranoid... Bit worried about the faster response and reaction times too, this game does not need speeding up...

Well if it's anything like UCL on current gen it'll be really contrived shit with no replayability, the same events happening at the same time, ooh Rooney is injured so you come on as sub for the last 20 mins to try and save the match, but if you're Liverpool then it's ooh Torres is injured so you come on as sub for the last 20 mins to try and save the match, UCL's story mode was just awful game design, I believe Joe Booth was responsible for that.......

Oh God, I hope not that sort of thing Placebo :((. I honestly don't think EA would do that for FIFA09...

The BAP Season Mode does worry me a bit how it's worded though:

Just the way that says, series of games, why not just say it's a 4 season event? Makes me think it may not be 4 proper actual seasons... Maybe it's just me being paranoid... Bit worried about the faster response and reaction times too, this game does not need speeding up...

Yea me too - sounds like the 'challenges' from Euro 2008. I can see it being a 4-year challenge fest:-

"Liverpool are drawing 0-0 at home to West Brom and with 5 minutes left on the clock, Gerrard (You) can bring home the 3 points starting with a corner!"

Hmmm...

No no no, I really don't think it'll be like that. Judging from the EURO 08 Captain Your Country mode, I think it will be played like that, a match at a time. I just hope that maybe there are a couple of friendlies, then a FULL league campaign, (home and away matches), even with The FA Cup thrown in too, but I think that's wishful thinking!

I honestly don't see it being like challenges/scenarios, or the same thing happening at the same time, all the time etc. I didn't know they did that for UCL on Old Gen, Placebo, that has shocked me mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom