14) Arsenal
15) Chelsea
16) Man Utd
17) Man Utd
18) Man Utd
19) France
20) PSG

Glory hunters? :ROLL:

So much for EA's plan to stop everyone going Man U or Barcelona.

We should pick a League 2 team such as Dagenham & Redbridge and see if we can get them into the top 20.

Or are the stats really equalised? With all those Man Utds in the top 20, and Man U are probably the best team in the game, do they have some advantage?

Player builds. So if you have a lot of string well built guys you'll knock people over with ease and get away with it and win most headers.

There has to be a low league team somewhere in the world made up of brick shit houses or maybe international teams like Africa or germany?

Last edited:
Player builds. So if you have a lot of string well built guys you'll knock people over with ease and get away with it and win most headers.

There has to be a low league team somewhere in the world made up of brick shit houses or maybe international teams like Africa

Well, if you try to find the well built guys, I'm sure I can muster up the string.

In FIFA08, I found Norwegian teams sometimes did well against the top sides in 5v5. Perhaps worth a look.

string lol
(Strong)

I tried googling tallest football teams but im only finding little bits about tall players. nothing about which team overall is the tallest. I need to find a stat geek football sites

Dutch are apparently the tallest nation on earth. Not sure that equates to big, string footballers though.

I think you lot are looking to much into it :LOL: Most that picked the top teams probably didnt now everyone had the same stats. I think theres not a HUGE difference with who you pick. I would like to pick a team and stick to it.

EDIT: Being giving the game a real run tonight and think we should play a 4-3-3, Again this does rely heavily on the wide men and obviously the CF being very sharp. We seem good going forward and edgey defending so lets give this a go :))
--------------GK-------------
RB-------CB-------CB-------LB
-------------CM-------------
-------CM---------CM-------
RM----------------------LM
------------CF-------------

Last edited:
I agree I bet most who picked the top sides have no idea of the stats being the same. But the physical sides aren't balanced as big players can leap above small players and will win the jostles and come out of collisions better off. Unless EA have tweaked BAP so it doesn't work like the rest of the game and everyone can leap as high as crouch

Some great games this evening.

The servers went off and came back on and we were on top form. In our first game (which I think was against noobs as on the squad menu they were moaning that everyone was rated 85) we went 1-0 down to a penalty, came back to 1-1, then went 2-1 up... then lost it and went to 2-2 seconds later (which is annoying for the fact the commentary team love to point out how bad you are when that happens). Then in the last seconds a low cross came flying into their box, and their defender slide tackles to block the shot and ends up kicking the ball into his own goal! I'm jumping around shouting GOOOAAALLL! and all I can hear from their team is someone saying '... oh... shit...'

The game against Barcelona was a good one despite the 1-1 result. We played very well and kept their team back despite them having 3-5 up front on each attack. We were really strong in MF and the 2 'any' players were on top form with their defending and tackling.

Could this be a turning point for us now?

Few points to mention (not my opinions but what has been talked about after the games today)

Sometimes we're a little narrow on the attack and everyone seems to crowd the centre of the pitch. now I can understand this because everyone will move into the middle if that's where the ball is to help defend or tackle. But it means if the other team come away with the ball our entire MF is in the centre circle and the wingers on the other team are free to run down and score a cut back. We also crash into each other, knock each other over and get in each others way doing this.

In our game against Barca that we won 1-0. I set our custom tactics so we were a little less narrow, set our DF to play organiased, and up front i tuned the passing up to full so the AI were less likely to run at the DF as it seemed to do. I also set us to play defensive using the D-Pad and everytime we tackled them in our box i triggered 'COUNTER ATTACK' with the D-Pad to set our forwards and MF off on counter runs. This way our back 4 stayed at the back and only our front 2 and wingers ran on the counter attack.

We held them to 0-0 for ages in that game and really controlled the game in the second half after scoring. They were relentless in midfield and their 5 across the pitch was very hard to break through so I set us to all out defend and subbed off our tired wingers who had played a blinding game. We really could of had 2 more in the game as well if it wasn't for the lag that came.

Did anyone else get that lag in the game? At one time the ball warped across the pitch from one player to another and another time i had the ball then suddenly i didnt and my guy fell over and i saw a chelsea player running off with it ball who was nowhere near me!

We need to pass the ball around a bit better up front - stop running offside and stop trying to run past defenders ourselves when we have someone running with us to help us get past with ease.

I've also noticed a lot more teams of 7 and 8 online and teams who pick ROLES instead of all of them picking ANY. Which is good news for us when we have a large team around as the AI can sometimes tip the balance in the 3 human man teams favour with killer balls and the way they know what you're doing by the button presses and can stop dead and walk around you like you're nothing.

Last edited:
Yep some nice games today, I played pretty crap at LB but we managed to win so then changed to a CF for the next game but instead opted to play off the other striker and thought I did well, Im going to stick to LM and SS now, Dare I say I think my timing of runs is good :))

EDIT: Just think we seem to be getting the same people online anyway so there seems to be already a "1st Team" It would be nice if we all pick which position were liking and sticking to it(and the formation). Will make the team gel better if were finding the same people in the same situations. Also the positions be null and void if we have 4 or less and we all pick "Any"

Last edited:
Played 3 games yesterday, really enjoyed it.

1st two I played at LM but didnt get much of the ball, was free a lot for the attacks but usually the player with the ball went for glory so I had to leg it back again to help in defense :lol:

last match I played "any" and prefered that actually. It takes some getting used to as sometimes I ended up passing to myself or I became the defender just as the striker was trying to get past but I eventually got used to it.

As for playing style, for me it's far too english atm, ie. every ball seems to be passed forward with a lot being through the middle. Found that passing the ball back or sideways usually gave just that extra bit of time for a better attacking pass / off the ball movement. And it was somewhat the little league in attack with about 5 men near the penalty circle at times :LOL:, midfield was by-passed so many times that it was really hard to defend.

The wings really seem to be the best way to get forward as the opposition usually has a load of men in the middle aswell, that combined with the delayed response makes it really scrappy.

Also do we even need to play with more then one striker? The amount of midfielders getting forward make it seem unneccessary meaning it might be better to go with a 1-3-2-4 set-up (like liverpool/manu last season). Atleast that way we should have atleast one midfielder, if not two keeping the defense company.

I'll hopefully be on tonight again, probably around 7pm english time.

That's a good point about the strikers. I think it's too difficult to give the ball to the strikers and expect them to 1-2 it around the defence. So that's why we do tend to throw our MF forward for cutbacks or crosses so maybe we should change that and add an extra man to the MF or DF.

How narrow would 4231 make us? Are the 3 men behind the forward spread out so we have 1 AMF and 2 wingers or are they packed in a group controlling the midfield?

Worth a shot tweaking the formation though - we can give it a go today

-

Quick word.

I was laughing at the TV last night when the other teams keeper came up for the corner and we cleared it to Tobi who ran the length of the pitch and booted it into the open goals. I was expecting you to HOOF it from the halfway line but you were right to take it on unchallenged and make sure you scored in fairness.

Also do we even need to play with more then one striker? The amount of midfielders getting forward make it seem unneccessary meaning it might be better to go with a 1-3-2-4 set-up (like liverpool/manu last season). Atleast that way we should have atleast one midfielder, if not two keeping the defense company.

Very good point.

I'll try and get on for a few games tonight as well :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom