FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

Yep. this way you can bid one someone (knowing the price wont get them) and keep tabs on that card to see how its progressing.

Anyone else having a problem with the morale system? All of my players just keep dropping down in morale til they reach 1, I've had games where a player scored a hat trick and still didn't really gain any morale. Is this another broken aspect of the game? or does anyone know how this works?

So I just go to buy Chris Kirkland, at 400 currently with seconds to go, I make a last second bid and win the auction at 450, check that it expired with my bid being the winning one and sure enough it was.

So then I go to "view trade status" to collect my Kirkland, only to be met by "you were outbid" and it shows Kirkland's card again with a bid of 450, still saying "expired" so I'm thinking "hmm that's weird" but it's letting me bid again so I think what the hell and bid 500 which it accepts, then nothing, card doesn't come to me, in fact the auction doesn't close, I went back and searched for him and find this:

kirkland01.jpg

Says expired but the sale stays there all the time, even if you search and come back out and search again.

I even logged in with another gamertag and searched for him:

kirkland02.jpg

Despite being expired it still shows it there when I search.

So let me guess, my money is lost and I don't get Chris Kirkland? Yay.......

Ok so now he turned up, about 20 mins after the auction closed, at off peak time when the servers should be able to cope with demand, really weird, wonder if he ended up costing me the first amount I won with or the second, or both combined!

Looks like it's happening to other people, and.......

Aaaaaand it just happened again:

img229.jpg

Won it 5 mins ago, hasn't arrived.

Also still getting the sent back to menu bug when scrolling searched trade pages, at off peak times! Sort it out EA :(

It's now 50 minutes later.

Card didn't arrive.
Money wasn't refunded.
No message in "view trade status" about winning or not winning it.

So I'd advise people to hold off doing any trades for now or risk losing your money.

Not trying to start anything here just curious - most of the people i have seen talking on here about problems with UT are playing on Xbox. Are the problems the same on PS3 - i am quite tempted to get this but i don't want to pay £8 for a non working mode.

From what I understand there's more traffic on the Xbox 360 so that doesn't help; but the same bugs are present across both platforms. When one is tweaked for optimisation the other is as well.

From what I understand there's more traffic on the Xbox 360 so that doesn't help; but the same bugs are present across both platforms. When one is tweaked for optimisation the other is as well.

Cheers - think i'll give it a miss for the time being then.

What..the fuck. Suddenly I have several throphies..the problem is that I shouldn't have any of them. Kinda annoying as ut stops me from playing them..

Looks like it's happening on the PS3 also bought Owen Hargreaves earlier, the money was taken off me , but i've ended up with no player and i've got loads of expired trade cards in limbo too.

Seems that EA have sorted out the server problems. Trading section was super quick this evening and FINALLY the tournament mode started to work for me!

Hey guys sorry to ask this again but I really wanna know if anyone is seeing this... I saw earlier in this thread what it said about players dont like playing out of position and such, but I play my players for the most part all in their proper position, and I have 6 players at a morale level of 1, it's getting pretty ridiculous, especially considering im not losing all my games, I've been doing quite well actually. I also wish they would give you a better idea how much this effects players.

Also Placebo since you've been following the fifa forums a bit (I tried but as you said, it makes your brain melt each page you go through) have they said anything about being aware of the fact that they dont give you a team difference bonus online? It's annoying enough to not be able to get through a bronze cup without seeing 100 5 star teams, but at least when I play one and get thumped I get at least get a wee bonus!!!

I don't play online so I don't pay any attention to threads that discuss online sorry :(

As for morale, I tend to not bother about it too much to be honest, just focus on doing lots of bargain trading, playing the odd match and such, I go through so many players they don't have time to get mardy in my teams ;)

I bought Johnson twice for 500...lol

I had to buy him again bcos i found another Johnson with a 25 match contract :SHOCK:

Bought Bentley for 200, Robben for 800

My Chemistry is now 89 :D

Does the nationality of the manager affect the chemistry?

Last edited:
Yes it does.

I bought a few duplicates, 3xKranjcar (gave 1 to Chris and had 1 for my reserve team on the wife's gamertag) and 2x Gutierrez, sold the other one :)

Thanks

Damn, need to get rid of Fergie then

Anyone with an english manager above 80,+2 negotiation, formation 442

Fergie, 91
442, negotiation +2
Contract 7

Psn: blaccat, holla!

btw i just played 2 games online, jeez it was piss easy...6 nil and 2-1 (should have been 10-1)

Not played UT in about 5 days now, its kind of lost its appeal

Quick question guys; we may be talking to the Ultimate Team guys soon in a podcast. Do you have any questions you'd like us to ask on your behalf?

(I won't be able to keep them for too long so be concise and don't go overboard with lists of questions ;)))

I've been going on last couple of days to check trades and find new deals, but there's little incentive to play offline tournament matches when 1. it freezes and you have to play the same round over and over, or 2. you win the round but still get kicked out of the tournament (I won a British Isles semi last night on penalties, went back to the tournament to continue and it was the first round again :( )

Can you ask them if we can have our money back please?

I second that notion.

Also ask if they are going to build and improve on it, and why they didnt add the chance to create leagues and cups etc....because im bored of it now

Played the final of the online bronze ultimate team trophy and won it. Went back to the menu screens and it said that they couldnt retrieve data from the EA servers... Played my final again straight after and went against some kid who had a created giant up front and who played all his gameplay cards (other word for cheating) from the start. Lost it 2-0. I want to kick some EA ass...

Quick question guys; we may be talking to the Ultimate Team guys soon in a podcast. Do you have any questions you'd like us to ask on your behalf?

(I won't be able to keep them for too long so be concise and don't go overboard with lists of questions ;)))

Ask what role UT will play in FIFA10 - if they plan to expand on it and integrate it as another gameplay mode... plus open up the online aspect so you can trade cards with friends etc.

Would make it much better... (aside all the fricking bugs etc)

Please.

Neville is so shit 66 for pace smh

Chris,

Pls ask them why there isnt UT Be a pro?

Where u can use ur created player, it would give ppl a big incentive bluid up their created player.

Also player rating, how is this decided?

Diaby's shooting 65, dribbling 77....how did they come to that figure

But his real life performance says otherwise

YouTube - abou diaby's badman Goal vs Aston Villa HQ

but his passing is 72 lol...he passing is should be in 60s

Last edited:
looooooool

Chemistry>>>>>Gameplay cards

I just trashed this fool 6-2, he reduced the pace of my defenders, strict ref on my midfielder.

He just could stop my attack, he ended up conceding a penalty and a red card lol

Chemistry 93

ZOOP!!

Last edited:
Ultimate team online is a fucking joke. They need to get rid of gameplay fucking cards.

Was up against a 5 star guy on assisted and they obviously thought they were that shit that he also made most of my team have the stamina/pace of a fucking Koala bear!!!

It is fucking ridiculous that there are cards that hamper the opposition. It is ridiculous that there are cards that help your own team. But the ability to fuck up the other team completely is shit!!!

I am sticking to offline tournaments - the online is ruined by these fucking gameplay cards.

Can't stand the gameplay cards - I interviewed two of the guys behind Ultimate Team, Paul Hossack and Matthew Prior, and their view was that they're there for the 1 or 2 star teams who play against 5 star teams, and need to "level the score". They also say that just as many like them as dislike them, although there's about 20 specific threads on the EA forums saying "please get rid of them" etc...

Personally I hate them, there's not a lot you can do when suddenly your players couldn't outrun their grannies. But there you go.

Full interview can be heard here (I was really critical about the mode as a whole and they give some interesting answers): CLICK HERE

Back
Top Bottom