FIFA 10 NG Improvements Thread

Anything that means you can actually get a decent shot on goal from outside the box without it ALWAYS rising over the bar. You simply cannot score a long range shot without the finesse button being used, and even then it mostly never works because it takes all the power off it.

Secondly, I know this'll never happen because they've pushed it as a feature for Euro 2008 and FIFA 09, but for fucks sake, get rid of those awful interactive celebrations. They're terrible and a waste of time, plus they don't integrate with an even more pointless extra celebration video after it.

Oh and more real life stadiums please.

Last edited:
watching my striker casually walk towards a ball as I'm hammering him to move his ass just long enough for the slow ass defender to catch up is going to cause me to break my tv. Soon.

Just tap "super cancel" and break him off his jog and he'll return to full control and you can sprint him towards the ball, I use it all the time and it's second nature now, also works well to avoid the ball reaching an offside player.

In my 360 config it's just LT+RT

Just tap "super cancel" and break him off his jog and he'll return to full control and you can sprint him towards the ball, I use it all the time and it's second nature now, also works well to avoid the ball reaching an offside player.

In my 360 config it's just LT+RT

Just don't expect you can do the same if like me you play 2vAI mostly... :CRY:

Placebo when we have the list where would you recommend we send it for a chance of reaching anyone who counts...?

General
Bring back Nigeria
Back passes:Goalkeepers should control the ball with the intent to pick it up with their hands
get rid of semi or make it better
The Passing gauge/meter is too sensitive for short passes especially on manual, the gauge should fill up slower
More fan chants like "Are u Tottenham in disguise" from rivals i.e arsenal fans

Manager Mode
Weather weather weather weather
Why is Fabregas on the bench for sunderland? and Messi on the bench for arsenal?, manager mode teams should field their best players not the generic squad set by EA
saving incomplete games?
Mid season manager transfer, e.g Fergie gets the sack and i get offered the job mid season to save them from relegation?
Also whats going on at other clubs? unhappy players etc
option to take 1 or 2 of ur staff to your next club
Player request new contract after a good season
player growth: option to set specific areas for autogrowth
player growth: make player learn new position, e.g converting a winger into a striker
bring back kit number editor morons
reserve team development report
Audio post match media report, only if it would be updated frequently
Can i see my players lift the cup we just won? if it isnt to much to ask
Can andy gary stop repeating the same home/away tactics, add more variety
More top 20 Stats like assists
Player swap in transfers

Ability to sign on to the EA servers from any where not just on the main menu or when trying to play an online game
Manual rankings
better stable servers
ability to edit the maximum number of players on BAP online
BAP: all game should start 10 seconds after both captain are ready

thats all for now

Night for ALL stadiums. San Siro is never orange colour... the flood lights during the day make it far brighter.... and the annoying dark patches in some stadiums.... or lack of ability to change the weather.

Its also too easy to find a striker that is onside that simply needs 1 pass to be through on goal.

In the manager mode:

Since EA's does squad updates in the midseason trnsfer window. The possiblity to start a Manager Mode with the new squad and the time after the transfer window as starting point.

For example to begin with Spurs on february the first with their new transfers and their current ranking (or the posibility to choose a ranking).

Don't know if you get what i mean, i'm not sure if i expressed myself well enough...

Something minor that really annoys me is when a player gets booked, the animation starts and the banner at the bottom says the player's name and that he is getting a yellow card. Then the animation follows which is usually the ref talking to the player and the player 'begging' with his hands and then evenutally some 5-10 seconds later, the ref brandishes a yellow card to which the player looks shocked and annoyed. I know it's a minor thing but the banner should really appear after the booking takes place, this would be much more realistic.

In my opinion, the sensitivity for through balls should be rised a lot. Right now, you have to press too much time the button to do large through passes. It's like the pass and through pass on manual are the opposite of what I would like them to be. But some people differ, so I don't know if it's a must-be in the list.

They need to concentrate on some basic gameplay fundementals in my opinion:

• The response of player switching needs to be much quicker (I cant believe no-one has mentioned this). This alone would make the gameplay much more responsive.
  • Ball physics need work. Ive seen lots of deflections where the ball speeds up after hitting another player! Ball also needs some weight added to it so that shots/crosses are less floaty. The ball movement just doesent look right alot of the time.
  • Framerate needs to be constant 60fps at all times. There are slowdowns on the ps3 version when the box is crowded. This should be a top prority for the devs.
  • You should be able to hit first time long passes/through balls (try doing this off a normal pass to see what I mean).

One way of implementing differences for players with better passing stats would be to make their power-bar go up quicker when passing (especially for through balls). That way you could quickly slide in through passes that you couldnt do with other players.

I'd really like for the next FIFA to lower the defensive line for all the teams. This is one of the main reasons why there are way too many 1-on-1 situations in 09 (the other being the dumb slow to react defenders). I don't want all the teams parked in their own box all the time of course (like some of the WE/PES games did in the past), but in 09 defenders are always WAY too high up, even if you set your tactics to defend deep. This is probably the biggest difference I first noticed with 09 in comparison to 08, where the defensive line DID defend deeper in the box, allowing for more passing oriented game.

The CPU must be able to do skill moves (right stick).
This is something they really have to fix because playing the CPU (or BAP) feels very unrealistic when no players do skill moves. In real life even low league matches will have at least some step overs and such.

Give us the advanced options to set up the "power up" speed with sliders.
A lot of people think manual through balls power up slow, but I don't think the solution is to speed it up. Let everyone customize it as they want it. Speed up the default one and add advanced options with sliders for advanced users.

I think some sort of confidence attribute is needed.
For example, when a less skilled player meets a good player, in real life the bad player will be scared of trying to challenge the good player. If the bad player is a defender he might not do a very cool pass, but just belt it away because he's under pressure and afraid of screwing up. But if the same bad player meet another bad player he might think he got what it needs and have the guts to challenge/try a difficult pass and so on. I think this would add even more realism to the game, because this is generally how it works in real life. Some players might still be over confident.

Oh and in the list it said that red cards should have no advantage. If we want FIFA to be realistic they should, because the game should only be stopped if the red carded player touch the ball. This is how it works in real life (I've asked a ref about it). When that player touch the ball the game will stop, he gets the red card and then follows a drop ball. So EA have to implement drop ball, something tells me this isn't very likely to happen soon.

Framerate needs to be constant 60fps at all times. There are slowdowns on the ps3 version when the box is crowded. This should be a top prority for the devs.

360 version has stutters even after the update, and even when installed to HDD, usually goalkicks to the centre.

One way of implementing differences for players with better passing stats would be to make their power-bar go up quicker when passing (especially for through balls). That way you could quickly slide in through passes that you couldnt do with other players.

Terrible idea, you'd underhit passes with crap players and overhit passes with good players, all bars should power up at the same constant rate.

I'd really like for the next FIFA to lower the defensive line for all the teams. This is one of the main reasons why there are way too many 1-on-1 situations in 09 (the other being the dumb slow to react defenders). I don't want all the teams parked in their own box all the time of course (like some of the WE/PES games did in the past), but in 09 defenders are always WAY too high up, even if you set your tactics to defend deep. This is probably the biggest difference I first noticed with 09 in comparison to 08, where the defensive line DID defend deeper in the box, allowing for more passing oriented game.

I'm not the only one struggling with that then? I had to edit all my tactics to put the CB as far back as possible (on the layout screen they show as deeper than the GK!), also have to use cover tactic rather than offside trap and tell them not to press too much, really weird, I also play most matches as defensive to keep them back.

Last edited:
Yes but the biggest reason for all the 1-on-1 is because the defenders don't take proper runs. They usually stops and start to run towards the ball. This will always result in them getting behind the attacker. Real life defending is all about getting yourself between the ball and the goal. The AI don't understand this at all, they don't understand that they shouldn't attack but hold off by running a straight line to cut off the attacker later on.

Terrible idea, you'd underhit passes with crap players and overhit passes with good players, all bars should power up at the same constant rate.

You are probably right, thinking about it I can see how that could get annoying. The problem is that it is very difficult for them to implement differences in players passing ability if the controls are on manual as opposed to automatic, but as someone said earlier you dont capture the best traits of players like xavi, fabregas etc.

Another thing that could be improved is the entire replay system.
We should be able to save them to hd instead of having to upload them. Also the framerate is so bad that they look terrible anyway. I think the replays in pes are far superior. A nice feature would be able to view a compilation video of all the replays you have saved instead of having to load them individually.

Different goal crowd celebrations sounds for different country's
atm fifa only does the english yeaaaa celebration for all teams and it would make fifa much more realistic if they added the goaaallll crowd celebration for any country's that use this type of celebration like the spanish italian and french clubs.

I'm not sure if it's me or if it's the game: i can't get used to the crosses...when you cross the ball goes too much "back" (sorry, i can't explain this better)
In the same league: it seems that i have lots of balls that hit the post or the woodwork...
It's very hard to score goals from distance and from free kicks.

Not that important, but it would be nice to have more stadiums (generic and real) and different weather types.

Online manager mode.

The Russian league.
The Argentinian league.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom