Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Had a bug where my striker was replaced by the reserve keeper in the TM screen. I swapped Mackail-Smith back in, but then when I play I only have 10 men. If I then sub someone on for Mackail-Smith during the match, my keeper disappears!

What's all that about?

i had a bug like that in my modded xbox it was with a few players in barca it was pedro who get on getting replaced with pinto and during the match if i had perdo in the subs his came wont even show just some random numbers but that only happened beacuse i had not burned the disc properly
so if you are playing on a modded xbox try doing that
if you are not then try looking for the player wile not in manager mode if he shows up then something is wrong with your save file
if i were you and could not fix it what i would do is sell him or loan him maybe when he comes back from the loan he will be fixed if he is not sell him and buy someone else

i had a bug like that in my modded xbox it was with a few players in barca it was pedro who get on getting replaced with pinto and during the match if i had perdo in the subs his came wont even show just some random numbers but that only happened beacuse i had not burned the disc properly
so if you are playing on a modded xbox try doing that
if you are not then try looking for the player wile not in manager mode if he shows up then something is wrong with your save file
if i were you and could not fix it what i would do is sell him or loan him maybe when he comes back from the loan he will be fixed if he is not sell him and buy someone else

i had an odd issue just recently. I got to the end of my second season so obviously i got to choose if i wanted my loan to buy players or not. But i got messages about buying players who at the start of the season i had spoken too and agreed a deal but in the end declined them for someone else.
I rejected them in case it ruined the save file but i thought it was a bit weird.

Also, that contract problem where you have to make someones wage completely out of your remaining wage budget instead of just using it to add on extra is still in the game. WHY EA WHY :RANT:

On a happier note... this player (in spoiler so everyone is happy) is great
Simone Verdi http://sofifa.com/en/player/196889 i got him on loan in my second season and he got to about 69 OVR and was worth about 8million. But now he's back at his real club he only costs about 2.5million so my newly promoted scunthorpe side can afford him :BOP:. Hopefully, he can keep me in the top flight and maybe more.

I took Burnley from Championship, after winning it, to the EPL, and won the PL in the first season also the league cup, beating Manchester City, qualified for champions league, got knocked out by chelsea in the quarter final....

and IN THAT premier league winning season THRASHED MAN UTD 2-5 at OT

Last edited:
After 4 seasons:-championship promotion with Nottingham Forest,followed by 4th place/european spot in the premiership; Italian scudetto with Cesena(!)in the third season; italian supercup, cup and scudetto in the fourth, and my offers for the fifth season are: Nice(mid table),Auxerre(same),Udinese and Sampdoria(mid), Mallorca,Getafe and Zaragoza(mid shit)... stupid and irrealistic. With these results at least a couple of big boys or "new rich" title contenders should approach. Why EA? Kills immersion, rewards nothing, feels pointless...

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I took Burnley from Championship, after winning it, to the EPL, and won the PL in the first season also the league cup, beating Manchester City, qualified for champions league, got knocked out by chelsea in the quarter final....

and IN THAT premier league winning season THRASHED MAN UTD 2-5 at OT

I think you need to up your difficulty level.

stamina needs fixed half the time my players only half full stamina bar before next games

Last edited:
Disagree, I think the fatigue model works well, I like how it takes players 5 or 6 games in a row to be match fit.
Dunno what you mean but it was fine in my EPL season.

BUt in my la liga season I have to feild a 2nd string team every other match. I have no idea why this is. AFter every game(before next game) the starting XI has half full stamina bars. Thats not right,

You don't understand what "match fit" means?

Mate youre a tool.

5 or 6 games to be match fit...duno what u mean thats absurd that you should have to rest your players 5 to 6 games after every game to be match fit.

Honest mate this is a forum but you talk to people like cunts. I swear if you talk to people like you do on forums in real life youd have one fuked up bust up face.

Mate youre a tool.

5 or 6 games to be match fit...duno what u mean thats absurd that you should have to rest your players 5 to 6 games after every game to be match fit.

Honest mate this is a forum but you talk to people like cunts. I swear if you talk to people like you do on forums in real life youd have one fuked up bust up face.
:LMAO:

thats absurd that you should have to rest your players 5 to 6 games after every game to be match fit.

So the answer to my question of "You don't understand what "match fit" means?" was obviously no then, you could have been honest instead of replying like a petulant child.

So the answer to my question of "You don't understand what "match fit" means?" was obviously no then, you could have been honest instead of replying like a petulant child.

I know what match fit means...full fitness for a match.I said before and ill say again you answer people rudely often, maybe when u type it u dont mean it but typed words across the internet thats what they look like to me.

I think you have some kind of misunderstanding what im on about? Match fit/stamina?

There is a stamina bar. During the game it depletes...in my EPL career for each weekly week game the bar would regenerate to full most often for most players. You are saying it takes 5/6 games before players are match fit so they dont get stamina drops? I am well into season and this never happened at all in my EPL career.

In my Spanish liga the bars seem to be half empty to 3/4 full still even after a week. I dunno what thats all about.

Last edited:
Placebo means it takes 5 or 6 games of playing for a player to no longer lack match practice, able to play week in week out. That's what preseason is for IRL.

I wasn't aware of that being modelled in FIFA though. You'd expect it to be properly annotated though - something saying "not match fit", or even a blue fitness bar like GT has with tyres. Hidden depth doesn't sound like FIFA to me!

Placebo means it takes 5 or 6 games of playing for a player to no longer lack match practice, able to play week in week out. That's what preseason is for IRL.

I wasn't aware of that being modelled in FIFA though. You'd expect it to be properly annotated though - something saying "not match fit", or even a blue fitness bar like GT has with tyres. Hidden depth doesn't sound like FIFA to me!

Yeh i gathered that eventually but I am well into my season 15?games or so and still happening.

But I never saw this in my EPL season so this is weird maybe there has been changes in a patch. I went a bit off the other day lol but placebo is a cheeky cunt at the best of times. He likes to make abrupt answers. Though I cant knock his sliders tbf

It's been in for the last couple of Fifas :) Maybe it's so subtle some don't notice it :)

Well yes and no, depends on which league you're in and with which teams, if for example you use an English League 1 or League 2 team you play loads of matches in the first month (excluding friendlies) because you play the early rounds of the league cup plus the auto windscreens trophy, I never play my best 16 in any friendlies so perhaps that's why I picked up so quickly on the "simulated match fitness".

I'm in year 2019 with Aldershot in the Prem, just started another new season. I hav a lot of older players and i is getting increasingly harder to replace them.

Anyone know of any decent cheap players for 2019?

I've started my United CM again (after the mysterious vanishing of players in the previous save). Must admit I did miss it after being on a self imposed FIFA ban to catch up on other games!

The season didn't start off too well, losing the first 2 home games to Spurs & Arsenal, during which Rooney, Welbeck & Jones picked up 3 month injuries. As that left the strikers a bit short, I brought in Agbonlahor on a loan to buy...and he's been inspirational so far, scoring 10 in 8!

My VP has thrived filling in as second striker in Rooney's absence. Which might put a spanner in the plan to use him(me!) to drop into midfield and eventually replace Scholes...

I'm trying to give the original squad a chance before changing things for the second season, but bought & loaned out De Vrij (cb) & Oviedo (lb, rumoured real life target) as backup / future planning.
Park has also moved on - couldn't turn down £7m for someone who wasn't playing.

Since the early season blip results have picked up, and now 3 points behind City.

Some big signings that I've noticed:
Arsenal: In - Kolarov; Out - Vermaelen (Inter), Sagna
Chelsea: In - Kagawa
Man City: In - Sneijder, Sagna; Out - Lescott, Kolarov
Spurs: In - Benzema(!); Out - Lennon, Modric (Munich)
Liverpool: In - Lennon

I'm in my second season at Chelsea, In the first season I won all titles. I signed Joe Hart, Ignazio Abate, Raul Albiol and Lucas Barrios(Free Agent) in August and signed Neymar, Hulk and Hamsik in January as I sold my VP worth £40m+. I can't really remember who I sold but I was mostly the crap players i.e. Paulo Ferreira, Hilario, Ross Turnbull etc etc my biggest win has been 5-0 against Norwich City and I've had 4-3 results against Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City very exciting games.

Just started my second season and I stayed with Chelsea I got offered the Man City and Real Madrid jobs but kept with Chelsea as I had a good team.

TRANSFERS: I somehow managed to get 21.5m from Newcastle for Didier Drogba even though he is 34 and worth 11.5m!!! Also got rid of Lampard(Bolton), Terry(Inter), Cole(Man Utd), Benayoun(Inter) and got Mikel, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, Bruma, McEachran, Oriol Romeu and Lucas Piazon out on loan to various teams.

Now to the good bit who I got in, I signed Sergio Aguero, Gareth Bale, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba and Jack Rodwell.

Season Objectives: This ones Simple Win everything lol the board want me to win The Champs league, The Prem, F.A. Cup, The Carling Cup and win The Community Shield Which I won 4-2 on penalties against Man Utd.

Can't wait to play in Europe I got Celtic, Sporting CP and Lokomotiv Moscow one of the easier groups I've had playing CM.

Here Is My Starting Line Up:

GK: Petr Cech
RB: Ignazio Abate CB: Branislav Ivanovic CB: Sergio Ramos LB: Gareth Bale

CM: Marek Hamsik CM: K.P. Boateng (C)

RM Hulk. LM:Mata
CF: Neymar

ST: Sergio Aguero

SUBS:
F.Torres
D.Sturridge
Raul Meireles
Ramires
Raul Albiol
David Luiz
J.Hart

RESERVES:
L.Barrios (put him in Free Agents as he plays for a Chinese team)
Jordi Alba
S.Kalou
G.Cahill
M.Marin
J.Rodwell

Here's to hoping I have a good season.

Last edited:
I often like to create storylines in my head for careers. Not sure why, just makes it more interesting I guess.

Anyway when I started my most recent career with FSV Mainz, I decided to stick them into the second division of German football before I started. I then made up the story that they had been relegated the previous season, meaning they had to sell off their best, more established, players. This meant I would bring up young players from the academy and over time develop them into a team of world-class players, while adding a few sprinkles of classy 'cheap singings' here and there. :COOL:

When I say 'academy' I didn't have one then, nor do I now but I nonetheless pretended (and i'm still pretending!) that they were brought through the youth system.

Anyway, I got promoted first season no bother. Second season was weird because about a month or so after the summer window I just got slightly bored for some reason (craving new signings I think), so i simmed the rest of it and finished 4 points above the relegation zone; the board objective was only to avoid relegation so it's all good. :SMUG:

So this brings me to glorious time just before the start of this 3rd season, right at the opening of the summer transfer window; this is my current squad:

Starting XI:

GK. Ralf Fahrmann (76)
RB. Montoya (74)
CB. Miguel Vitor (74)
CB. Ezequiel Munoz (77)
LB. Nico Shulz (68)
CAM. Moritz Leitner (75)
CDM. David Cabrera (72)
CAM. Yunus Malli (72)
RW. Marcel Risse (75)
ST. Kevin Volland (72)
LW. Zoltan Stieber (74)

Subs:

GK. Fabian Giefer (69)
CB. Jan Kirchhoff (72)
CM. Lorenzo Crisetig (69)
RW. Patryk Malecki (70)
ST. Mario Gavranovic (71)
CAM. Lee Hyun Ho (69)
ST. M'Baye Niang (75)

Reserves:

ST. Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (71)
LM. Nicolai Muller (73)
CM. Reinhold Yabo (66)
CDM. Eugen Polanski (74)
RB. Seoane (65)
CB. Andres Lama (64)
CB. Stefan Bell (66)
LB. Onismor Bhasera (62)

Problem is, the two strikers: Niang and Choupo-Moting are big tall, bulky forwards - in other words the traditional 'target man' type of forwards. My style of play doesn't incorporate these kind of players; I like to pass the ball about in front of the oppositions defence, waiting to slide a pass through the 'wall' and score that way. Because these two players don't fit into my sytem i've decided to sell them... annoyingly i only bought Niang last season for £9,500,000 :CONFUSE:

But anyway, I thought I found a gem of a player in this guy called Bashrim Kadrii only to have my bid rejected because they 'don't have enough depth in [that] position' :CRY:

I'm looking to sign two new strikers to replace these two.

So... my question to you (if you've bothered to read all this) is can anyone recommend any good, young strikers who would fit into my 'total football' system; preferably for a bargain price? :P

Ok so I managed to sell Niang and Choupo-Moting for £10,000,000 and £2,100,000 respectively, not too shabby (actually made a profit on Niang).

After having a bid rejected by Kadrii's club because of 'lack of depth in that position' I decided that I could cope with 3 strikers, since I seemed to have trouble rotating 4. I still only had 2 at this point though so I was on the lookout for one more, someone who could bag plenty of goals on a regular basis. Hopefully I could pick up Kadrii in January, or next season.

I signed this young Chilean striker, Diego Rubio, who seems to be pretty decent; only 20. Got him for £4,100,000. I've only just played the opening match of the season but I gave him a start and he scored on his debut (sweet goal too).

Still have about £14,000,000 sitting there if I decide to strengthen further in this window, don't want to stunt the growth of my young guns though :p

Has anyone actually been able to eventually sign a player after they've been rejected initially because of the 'the club doesn't have enough depth in this position' message?

Last edited:
I often like to create storylines in my head for careers. Not sure why, just makes it more interesting I guess.

Anyway when I started my most recent career with FSV Mainz, I decided to stick them into the second division of German football before I started. I then made up the story that they had been relegated the previous season, meaning they had to sell off their best, more established, players. This meant I would bring up young players from the academy and over time develop them into a team of world-class players, while adding a few sprinkles of classy 'cheap singings' here and there. :COOL:

When I say 'academy' I didn't have one then, nor do I now but I nonetheless pretended (and i'm still pretending!) that they were brought through the youth system.

Anyway, I got promoted first season no bother. Second season was weird because about a month or so after the summer window I just got slightly bored for some reason (craving new signings I think), so i simmed the rest of it and finished 4 points above the relegation zone; the board objective was only to avoid relegation so it's all good. :SMUG:

So this brings me to glorious time just before the start of this 3rd season, right at the opening of the summer transfer window; this is my current squad:

Starting XI:

GK. Ralf Fahrmann (76)
RB. Montoya (74)
CB. Miguel Vitor (74)
CB. Ezequiel Munoz (77)
LB. Nico Shulz (68)
CAM. Moritz Leitner (75)
CDM. David Cabrera (72)
CAM. Yunus Malli (72)
RW. Marcel Risse (75)
ST. Kevin Volland (72)
LW. Zoltan Stieber (74)

Subs:

GK. Fabian Giefer (69)
CB. Jan Kirchhoff (72)
CM. Lorenzo Crisetig (69)
RW. Patryk Malecki (70)
ST. Mario Gavranovic (71)
CAM. Lee Hyun Ho (69)
ST. M'Baye Niang (75)

Reserves:

ST. Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (71)
LM. Nicolai Muller (73)
CM. Reinhold Yabo (66)
CDM. Eugen Polanski (74)
RB. Seoane (65)
CB. Andres Lama (64)
CB. Stefan Bell (66)
LB. Onismor Bhasera (62)

Problem is, the two strikers: Niang and Choupo-Moting are big tall, bulky forwards - in other words the traditional 'target man' type of forwards. My style of play doesn't incorporate these kind of players; I like to pass the ball about in front of the oppositions defence, waiting to slide a pass through the 'wall' and score that way. Because these two players don't fit into my sytem i've decided to sell them... annoyingly i only bought Niang last season for £9,500,000 :CONFUSE:

But anyway, I thought I found a gem of a player in this guy called Bashrim Kadrii only to have my bid rejected because they 'don't have enough depth in [that] position' :CRY:

I'm looking to sign two new strikers to replace these two.

So... my question to you (if you've bothered to read all this) is can anyone recommend any good, young strikers who would fit into my 'total football' system; preferably for a bargain price? :P

lets see i have immobile in my team and i think he will fit your story perfectly he will be around twenty three and he grow four points in the first few seasons
this other stricker i would recomand is russel he is scotish but given a little time he grows to be very very fast
if you have money buy adbel hernandaz this might be a bit late for you probally he will bearound 18 million by now in the start of the mode he is only 11

lets see i have immobile in my team and i think he will fit your story perfectly he will be around twenty three and he grow four points in the first few seasons
this other stricker i would recomand is russel he is scotish but given a little time he grows to be very very fast
if you have money buy adbel hernandaz this might be a bit late for you probally he will bearound 18 million by now in the start of the mode he is only 11

I've only got about £15 mil left to spend, so it's unlikely i'll be able to afford Abel Hernandez; plus I like taking the 'Wenger approach' by buying players cheap and developing them into extreme levels of awesomeness :SMUG:

I'll take a look at Immobile though, cheers :COOL:

he grows to be 85 plus he is strong and a good finisher specially from long range i got around 15 goals and 20 assists from him but that is cuz the other sticker i had was extreamly fast the best part abt him is his long shots i think i got 10 plus goals from out side the box from him last reason considering he was not even 67 at the start of the season i say that is alot

Back
Top Bottom