FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

You've got entirely overhauled movement physics, could we really have asked for more?

Tbh unless you really analyse the vids you could just as easily have used last years clips and kept the title sections and I woulndt have noticed. But these videos alwyas seem pointless to me anyway. Im interested to see what it plays like though...but that down to the previews.

You've got entirely overhauled movement physics, could we really have asked for more?

Well to be fair, you really can't argue that FIFA's graphics aren't VERY dated. Going back and forth between other AAA titles and FIFA can be a bit painful on the eyes.

But hey, that's why we've got next gen FIFA coming.

Precision Movement has me excited for FIFA 14 current gen, but really for me it's just what will wet the appetite for FIFA next gen.

It's just hard to tell from a video. If it's really better, we should be able to tell once we play or see actual gameplay vids.

Whilst there are elements which could be better, visually I think FIFA is fine. I'm not totally convinced on some of these "new" features until I can try them out myself with a demo.

1) Loved the look of the Messi turn where he took some time to slow down and recover....BUT do the new momentum laws apply only to turning players? The way players move in a straight line is what currently irks me. The stop start nature of it all. And the way the AI slaloms around to keep the ball off you. If that's gone then it could be really good..but if not then it will not be enough of a change to improve the build up play for my liking.

2) Not using the trigger for skill moves? This was in FIFA 07 and worked fine. Not sure when the trigger came in as a necessity. It's a reintroduced feature.

3) Shooting trajectories - pretty sure FIFA 11 had an abundance of dipping shots and FIFA 10 world cup had swerving shots. I like the look of the first shot Bale hits...even though the magnets are still in the woodwork :P The outside of the foot shot that Balotelli hits in the trailer is something Tevez does a fair bit on FIFA 13 so I wouldn't show that off as a new and amazing addition.

Some of it looks alright but like any game, we have to see how it plays in our own hands. Any news on a demo release?

People got hyped by pre-rendered EA movie again? What you saw in the trailer you won't ever see in ACTUAL game.

EA marketing campaign is full of bull for past few years. FIFA 14 = FIFA 13.1. That's about it.

At least on PC/X360/PS3 you won't see ANY noticable difference from last year. Mark my words for it.

I am not one bit hyped after seeing this trailer. More like same old shit we will get for next few years (alas PC casus with PS2 game engine - which was used for 7 years or so). If people are dreaming of getting Ignite in FIFA 15 on PC, get your facts straight. Xbox One and Playstation 4 will get EXCLUSIVE priority for few years to come. Leading to console sales rising and there is probably some clever financial play behind the scenes (like you will get profit from game sale + some percent from console sales). Crazy?

Also what stopped EA from releasing FIFA 07 from Xbox on PC? Nothing. PCs were already capable of running the NG FIFA back then (Core 2 Duos/Quads and GeForce 79xx and ATI 1950XTX were available for purchase back then).

Yet we got FIFA NG in 2010 with FIFA 11 release (although still not the same as on consoles). What's more interesting this NG FIFA ran smooth on, yup that 2006 PC. Is NG really this demanding as EA made? No. It was all accounted in their business plan. I believe same story will occur with new generation of consoles.

they really need to fix player model on the next gen console.

From the previews and especially how many casual reviewers are saying its too hard etc...

It sounds like EA have made the changes we wanted.

Years of reading complaints about foot planting, games speed, not deep enough, variety in shots, and ping-pong etc...

Now it sounds like EA are heading in that direction people are complaining about graphics FFS....

I think some people just like complaining no matter what.

Everything i have read from the play testers is what i would have hoped EA would focus on in Fifa.

I cant wait to see it in action.

Last edited:

Well to be fair, you really can't argue that FIFA's graphics aren't VERY dated. Going back and forth between other AAA titles and FIFA can be a bit painful on the eyes.

But hey, that's why we've got next gen FIFA coming.

Precision Movement has me excited for FIFA 14 current gen, but really for me it's just what will wet the appetite for FIFA next gen.

This is what suprised me most when trying FIFA recently, PES 'looks' the better game by a distance.

Sounds really promising, shame the Eurogamer writer was so negative, he symbolises exactly why the game has refused to evolved in any shape since 2009.

I remember for FIFA 10 a few of the guys on here played a early build, then discovered they'd completely toned it down for the casual demographic by the time of release.

However, am I right in thinking FIFA 14 is only going to be available on the new consoles?

From the previews and especially how many casual reviewers are saying its too hard etc...

Years of reading complaints about foot planting, games speed, not deep enough, variety in shots, and ping-pong etc...

Now it sounds like EA are heading in that direction people are complaining about graphics FFS....

Everything i have read from the play testers is what i would have hoped EA would focus on in Fifa.

word

Can we have a separate thread for NG version?

Well right now there's not enough information about what's different for the next gen version so a separate thread seems pointless.

+1

You don't think there's a chance that it's that very complaining that has resulted in EA making the changes we want?

Stop complaining about the complaining.

Finally it looks like there will be an inertia-model in Fifa. Great if true, but if it's only in the trailer, then shame on EA for misleading us.

I wonder if the inertia model will apply equally to cpu controlled players as it does to human controlled players.

Finally it looks like there will be an inertia-model in Fifa. Great if true, but if it's only in the trailer, then shame on EA for misleading us.

You can always read impressions, you know? :)

Our stuff (plug!):
http://news.futhead.com/posts/podcasts/24534-futhead-news-podcast-s01-e06
http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/24451-more-fifa-14-gameplay-impressions
http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/24401-fifa-14-gameplay-impressions

I wonder if the inertia model will apply equally to cpu controlled players as it does to human controlled players.

Hopefully yeah as playing vs the CPU in previous FIFAs is horribly boring and infuriating after a while.It should be fun with multiplayer though

Hmm, so it seems to be real... but I'm still cautious, as knowing EA it could all still burst like a bubble when release-version is nearing due to last-minute changes, in order to appease mainstream-public.

Very nice read that. Wasn't aware of this site.

It's new, but in essence it's the same team who ran FSB for the past few years, and FIFAInsider for the past few months.

Hmm, so it seems to be real... but I'm still cautious, as knowing EA it could all still burst like a bubble when release-version is nearing due to last-minute changes, in order to appease mainstream-public.

It's possible, I suppose, but I don't think this change will be so easily tuned down as, for example, Pro Passing was. There won't be some hidden "Precision Movement" slider, though, obviously they could fiddle with some values and make it less realistic... but the fundamentals of footplanting should be fairly well cemented I'd think.

It certainly seems to be a feature which has received fairly mixed responses from the more casual side of the community/media... but I think that will mostly because it is such a large change. It will take getting used to. People who have been playing FIFA have been trained for years to exploit the lack of momentum, after all.

Last edited:

Anyway, do they do something about the goal celebrations, cutscenes ?
You know.. in fifa 13 animation, both in-game and goal celebrations seems from different engine :P

I am type of player that do not press "start" button immediately after a goal unless it is by cpu. lol

:CONF: Did i miss something? Wheres the people complaining about graphics?

He's a great asset to EA. :))

"Its like they're trying to move toward realism, which is what we don't want" - was basically the entire point of his speech at the end, I want his head. The man who brings it to me shall have a knighthood.

But he made a fair point about the keepers, I didn't see a save..

Back
Top Bottom