FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I'd love it if it was to place an advert for FIFA 20 in there on the main menu, which is what updates to old titles usually are.

I'd love if because it means enough people still play the old games for EA to need to advertise to them, which would be funny.

Well for what it's worth...

EHLtteeXYAY1b8Lr.png

There was no update on PS4 though.

I used to play FIFA 16 for a while on PC few years ago. I wonder why did I quit? Maybe I was tired of footy games. As much as I hate FIFA offline, FUT was gas, put together a team of Turks from Super Lig and just trashed random Premboys with impunity. You know what's worse than ping-pong passes? Being unoriginal. Absolutely unforgivable. So I killed them, left and right.

Why did I quit FIFA 16 so quick I wonder...

Real talk, I have PS4 where I am now and FIFA 16 probably costs like five cents, are online servers still working? Would totally be down to FUT. I tried FIFA 20 but its a bad joke, especially shooting I just don't understand the new shooting. FIFA 14 and 16 are those fifas which I respect.

If online works, is anyone down to PS4 games? I'm down but I'm a one person and a two persons is required so are you a that person??

I would be down for some games, but only on Seasons. I can't be assed with the FUT menus and scraping together a team and all that stuff! I'm a full manual player BTW, located in UK.

If I had my way I would still be playing 16 but the online population is dwindling so dodgy connections are more common, and I'm forced to play against assisted players every time. Also no Pro Clubs.

And yes the servers are still working. When I just took the above screenshot the Seasons population was sat at 60. It's held itself at that numbers for a while now as that's what it was when I last played a few months back (though it is a Friday night which definetely helps).

@Chuny Your rang ma lord!

ive been keeping quiet on soccergaming as it does seem quite dead and the ones that are left seem to fight with each other,
anyway, ive been working away on the file server, ive updated the way it works slightly and will require a change in the files, tbh i did it quite a while ago and pao4ever has been using it for months now,
the latest thing i did was to check the version of exe file it uses, then it will go and get the offsets required from a txt file in the cgfs folder, rather than being in built, this means it can be changed by the user if the offsets i use doesnt work.
u name the txt file like this, this is the latest version of the exe file there is
Offsets.2904053
the text file will look like this:-
#Base Addreses
PageBase=0x03809030
TeamIDBase=0x035AFAA8
StadiumIDBase=0x034EB810
TourIDBase=0x035917A8
#Pointers
Page=0xE8,0xC0,0x88,0x1D8,0x0
HomeTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x2C
AwayTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x30
StadiumID=0xE78
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x28
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x2C
ive moved away from using only 2 stadium id's and moved to work along with revmod, ive edited a bunch of lua files so that i can use a specific stadiums folder within the data folder.
this means that it waill always use the home team id and means it will show the correct stadium name, other factors of using the revmod way is that pitch patterns, net coloue, net style, police, corner flags, turf weathering all can be controlled from teh server and your choices,
there is also an option to remove the seats from a stadium for smaller grounds, just a shame we cant make the crowd always stand like is pes.
i did try and add a direct x overlay and had it working, but it was a bit iffy and caused a crash every so often, too frequent to keep so i have removed it, which is a shame as it looked good lol.

onto cgfe, i have been updating it and have changed a few things, it will be more along the lines of the cgpe tool for pes, where as the full vfs will be shown rather than loading up seperate big files, i have also found some textures that i never decoded before such as one of the sky textures, not sure how usefull it will be,
i today updated the compression method to include oodle so that the switch big files can be read and all files can then be exported,
i have allready imported most of the kit files to my fifa16, i did try to update the compdata folder but i am not good with that side,

due to the fact that i wont get a new fifa again and pes20 has so many issues making it unplayable for me i will be working on fifa16 again for the forseable future,

if anybody is interested in the file server update let me know, the more people who are interested means i will prioritise it above cgfe and cgpe

cheers,

We certainly have interest.

FIFA 16 with mods is still the best experience we have in football games, we can't let that die.

Glad to see great modders returning to this wonderful game.

Some more full manual goals. These are the last of the clips of 16 on my PS4 hard drive

This may be my last FIFA 16 video as I haven't ben playing it much lately. These clips were recorded a few months ago before I picked up 19 & 20:

This moment in particular felt and looks sooo good. Incredible fluid body collison, with the animations blending together seamlessly and reacting to new situations within the animation. Miles ahead of Frostbite.
Frosbite collisons are janky and not as fluid, even in the new 20 game - which is 4 years newer than 16 - I witness lots of jank and nothing as fluid as this:

Yeah collision management is pretty good in Fifa 16. But there is worse then Frostbite on this, there is the Fox Engine. Collisions in PES are ridiculous.

I just finished my Lazio season. Unfortunately I was sacked.. guess Lotito didn't like my middle of the table placement.. lol. A true shame because I was planning the next season with a certain care. Now I took a contract with Valencia to finish my national team adventure but I don't know if I'll carry on with it.

By the way, I'm really loving this game. Just started the World Cup with Italy.. magnificent atmosphere. Had an unexpected loss against Japan in the first match and then played with Uruguay in a game that exalted me beyond words. It started really hard with Cavani and Suarez going near the goal, then I even had to sub an injured De Rossi with Marchisio.. which, in a magnificent twist, in the start of the second half scored with an header my victory goal:

May seem like a trivial one, but I can't remember the last time I jumped like this for a goal in a videogame :D . Then I defended with tooth and nail the goal (shameless 5 3 1 1 in the last quarter of the game :D ) and won a game that felt exactly out of a real World Cup. Now I still have a chance to pass the group ( I just need to beat Kazakistan by a decent margin).

Well, what to say.. 16 is, and always will be, a fantastic safety net to fall on. I was thinking that with all his flaws, this game is what comes nearer to be the complete package. Don't think there is another football game (at least in a modern era) as vast, polished and enjoyable all in one title as this is. Then it may not generally be your cup of tea, but it's another matter. I truly hope the new Infinity Patch will come out as they said.

I just finished my Lazio season. Unfortunately I was sacked.. guess Lotito didn't like my middle of the table placement.. lol. A true shame because I was planning the next season with a certain care. Now I took a contract with Valencia to finish my national team adventure but I don't know if I'll carry on with it.

By the way, I'm really loving this game. Just started the World Cup with Italy.. magnificent atmosphere. Had an unexpected loss against Japan in the first match and then played with Uruguay in a game that exalted me beyond words. It started really hard with Cavani and Suarez going near the goal, then I even had to sub an injured De Rossi with Marchisio.. which, in a magnificent twist, in the start of the second half scored with an header my victory goal:

May seem like a trivial one, but I can't remember the last time I jumped like this for a goal in a videogame :D . Then I defended with tooth and nail the goal (shameless 5 3 1 1 in the last quarter of the game :D ) and won a game that felt exactly out of a real World Cup. Now I still have a chance to pass the group ( I just need to beat Kazakistan by a decent margin).

Well, what to say.. 16 is, and always will be, a fantastic safety net to fall on. I was thinking that with all his flaws, this game is what comes nearer to be the complete package. Don't think there is another football game (at least in a modern era) as vast, polished and enjoyable all in one title as this is. Then it may not generally be your cup of tea, but it's another matter. I truly hope the new Infinity Patch will come out as they said.

Man just reading this... I've been holding on to re installing this game as I wait for a 19-20 patch, I'm gonna have to just cave in and go with infinity from last year.

Quick question i can get the patch and then apply a db file for updated transfers correct?

Man just reading this... I've been holding on to re installing this game as I wait for a 19-20 patch, I'm gonna have to just cave in and go with infinity from last year.

Quick question i can get the patch and then apply a db file for updated transfers correct?

Sorry man, no idea.. I'm still playing with 17-18 Moddingway.. hope somebody more prepared than me will pass here and answer you..

Yup, FIFA-Infinity is the only one that I know of. But Scouser is super busy so he hasn't been able to update it.

So I completed my World Cup. Passed the group thanks to a decisive slide strike by Balotelli against Kazakistan, I unfortunately had to go against Argentina in the eight final, which took me out in a very nice game, with a beautiful solo play by Di Maria:

So here it finish this wonderful season. No particular remorse, had loads of fun, I truly don't want to sound pedantic or uh.. elitist, but I think once you truly "delve" in this game philosophy and you start to press the cpu the right amount and the right moment, wait them the right amount, close the lines of passages and not be over aggressive.. you truly discover something unique under the layer of this game that for all the time I played, probably was hidden to me before this last period.. I'll just say that I like a lot Pes 2020 and I'm playing way more Fifa 16 anyway..
however, will see if I'll take it from here with Valencia, later..

Because now thanks to a friend of mine which kindly gifted me his unused Origin, and most of all to saint @papinho81 who guided me step by step in the process, answered to all my questions and doubts and was kind enough to also pass me his settings, I've finally installed the famous Fifa 16 extended demo and after some friendly here and there I started a season to test it. Took Liverpool, 2016 rosters, just to make it more fun I've bought a lot of the players to come, which are almost all good but still not super champions: Van Dijk, Manè, Robertson, Naby Keità, Matip.. couldn't get Salah (he's on loan to Roma) and others for now.

Just played the first match against Stoke and the game feels really solid. Very nice build up/AI even with the truly barebone modding there is. We'll see where this goes :) .

Because now thanks to a friend of mine which kindly gifted me his unused Origin, and most of all to saint @papinho81 who guided me step by step in the process, answered to all my questions and doubts and was kind enough to also pass me his settings, I've finally installed the famous Fifa 16 extended demo and after some friendly here and there I started a season to test it. Took Liverpool, 2016 rosters, just to make it more fun I've bought a lot of the players to come, which are almost all good but still not super champions: Van Dijk, Manè, Robertson, Naby Keità, Matip.. couldn't get Salah (he's on loan to Roma) and others for now.

Just played the first match against Stoke and the game feels really solid. Very nice build up/AI even with the truly barebone modding there is. We'll see where this goes :) .

Please keep me updated. I have the download button ready on 16 as the last update for pes kinda left me bored. I just dont want to deal with old fifa rosters and modding it.
You keep uploading videos and posting the progress i might just cave. I remember 16 having a special feeling (except the ping pong from the ai)

Please keep me updated. I have the download button ready on 16 as the last update for pes kinda left me bored. I just dont want to deal with old fifa rosters and modding it.
You keep uploading videos and posting the progress i might just cave. I remember 16 having a special feeling (except the ping pong from the ai)

You know, with the mentality I described above I've ended up changing my mind pretty drastically about the ping pong (which I used to completely hate too) . Not that it's absent, or that it can't be obnoxious and frustrating at times- because it could totally be- but approaching it with a different, more real football like mindset, and maybe with slightly longer halfs, can make all the difference in the world.

Or at least it did for me :) .

Yep pressing the CPU to death is rarely a good option in this game. You need to set your trap wisely or the cpu will make you run run run. The best way to get the ball back is often to close the passing lanes when the CPU plays at the back. They will do 2, 3 passes at the back, then they will try something riskier and depending on team level they will end up giving you an interception opportunity.

You know, with the mentality I described above I've ended up changing my mind pretty drastically about the ping pong (which I used to completely hate too) . Not that it's absent, or that it can't be obnoxious and frustrating at times- because it could totally be- but approaching it with a different, more real football like mindset, and maybe with slightly longer halfs, can make all the difference in the world.

Or at least it did for me :) .

Do you use any gameplay mod or have you tried one? Unfortunately for me its very hard to play long matches. I usually stick to 6-7min halves

Do you use any gameplay mod or have you tried one? Unfortunately for me its very hard to play long matches. I usually stick to 6-7min halves

On regular Fifa 16 I'm just using moddingway CL.ini with some slight modifications and OS latest sliders (with some slight modifications too). By the way there is a great deal of choices around.. like Matt's cl, or Fidel ones, o Paul2k4 GP, or excellent Ciais Db mod if you want something more radical. I think since this game allows you a very good level of customization, half of the fun is to find your own balance with it (just don't let it become an obsession for the absolutely perfect footballing experience or you'll never gonna play it :P!) .

In regards of time I played my latest season with 8 minutes halves, so nothing particularly dramatic. But having a bit more time to wait cpu or to think around proved to be very nice.

Yeah, not pressing cpu like crazy but using the right timing for user and teamate pressing and closing the possible pass lanes, defending like in real football with good placement and timed pressing and the cpu will play a lot lesser tiki taka , but more realistic modern football (the two steps control/pass or holding the ball much more often) because you will not allow him to do so. Though, i use Fidels Cl.ini and modded DB + personal sliders so it might play a role also in the way the CPU plays but i think it works for the vanilla game also. Last game i played in career mode was a 0-0 but it was not boring at all, had to be very concentrated in defense, cpu did the same, there were few big opportunities but the game was like the first who breacks loses, intense and interresting (the two teams weren't top teams (Monterrey vs Atlas) ) and the AI played most of the time control/pass realistic football. Never saw this in PES 20 or Fifa 20, never saw a 0-0 in master leagues videos of PES 20, not talking about the goal fests in fifa 20. If you domesticate fifa 16, its the modern football game that is the closesest to a simulation (still has flaws though).

Last edited:
OS latest sliders (with some slight modifications too).

Matt posted an updated slider set for 16 (here, in this thread) a few months back as well, for the latest version of 16. But if anyone is using the demo version I would play with sliders closer to default 50/50 values! Pass speed in particular is noticeably slower in the demo, so I don't think there's a need to slow it down a lot, if at all. It's a fair bit faster if you're on the latest patch. The demo gameplay is really nice out of the box.

And I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yeah, those EA patches were annoying back in the day, but recent games are so much worse, I'd rather play 16, even with the latest patch and default options.😄

Last edited:
and most of all to saint @papinho81 who guided me step by step in the process, answered to all my questions and doubts and was kind enough to also pass me his settings, I've finally installed the famous Fifa 16 extended demo and after some friendly here and there I started a season to test it.
Wait, I've kinda given up on FIFA 16 (as its latest builds were very bad compared to the initial game) but this is interesting: as far as I know the demo played better in terms of CPU team variety (which is a thing I, being an offline player, still look for big time in a footie game).
Are you saying that we have the chance to play a career mode... With the gameplay of the demo?
May I ask you how, please? Willing to try. 😊
Thanks in advance!

Wait, I've kinda given up on FIFA 16 (as its latest builds were very bad compared to the initial game) but this is interesting: as far as I know the demo played better in terms of CPU team variety (which is a thing I, being an offline player, still look for big time in a footie game).
Are you saying that we have the chance to play a career mode... With the gameplay of the demo?
May I ask you how, please? Willing to try. 😊
Thanks in advance!
I think you can still reach a very good level of AI in normal Fifa 16, however the answer is YES to all your questions, I'm not at home now buf if somebody else doesn't post the method before I'm back I'll post it to you myself later ;)

I'm interessted too please to play with the demo exe to make the game the most realistic possible May i ask some questions? I think the answer is yes but to be sure will your stadium server work with the demo exe? And does revolution mod work also? Do you use modded db's and cl ini with it, in other words do Cais or Fidels gameplay mods give good results with it?

Back
Top Bottom