FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Here is a video with moments that illustrate a bit why this game is so special to me (include: user manual goals, cpu goals, human like cpu errors, nice GK saves, cpu tactical fouls ect...)

Note it is not a perfect game by any means. For example on Ben Yeder's goal, the ball goes through his right leg to allow him taking his first time shot. But I think it remains the one that gives the closer experience to the real game.

Last edited:
Here is a video with moments that illustrate a bit why this game is so special to me (include: user manual goals, cpu goals, human like cpu errors, nice GK saves, cpu tactical fouls ect...)

Note it is not a perfect game by any means. For example on Ben Yeder's goal, the ball goes through his right leg to allow him taking his first time shot. But I think it remains the one that gives the closer experience to the real game.

Not perfect but very playable. Fifa just gives you so much more freedom that modern day PES's.
I just wonder how it compares to FIFA 20 post patch? Have not bought that yet...

Not perfect but very playable. Fifa just gives you so much more freedom that modern day PES's.
I just wonder how it compares to FIFA 20 post patch? Have not bought that yet...

My experience with 20 before January update was mitigated. Every time I launched 16 after playing 20, it felt like 16 was giving me a more complete and authentic football experience. Of course after playing 16 for so long, I welcomed the novelty in 20 cpu attacking variety but other than that and newer graphics there were very little to give the par with 16. January update didn't really improve the things for me. CPU defense doesn't feel as static than before, but it hardly seems to work the same way for the user. It gives a cpu (on legendary level) that feels even less human, more robotic. I was having kind of fair games before the update, now I get trashed.

Thanks to the forum profile it seems he visited the forum the last time this past October. So it seems like he is probably also busy with life things.
We miss you @Ciais !

Hey guys!

Sorry if I just outright disappeared, I don't want to bore you with details, but let's just say my Udine job was highly stressing and in the end was all for naught. As a result, I barely even turned my laptop on during my stay there as I was dead tired during the evening, and during the weekend I wanted to roam the region all the way to Trieste. So you could say I lost interest in FIFA 16 after a while.

Problem is, I also realized I lost it for modding as a whole. You see, as El Pajaro can confirm, late last year I went back to modding NHL 04 Rebuilt, helping the team find a way to have the Vegas Golden Knights playable in season/dynasty mode. After that was all said and done, I had NHL 2004 installed on my laptop but I wasn't playing any of it -- and anything I decided to edit in the game interface, even though it was something I decided to do myself, felt kinda forced.

So when January 14 came and I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I simply erased everything and decided to start from scratch. This PC of mine was already obsolete when I bought it a few years ago, the CPU can only reach 2.00 GHz and my video card is a laptop one of course so isn't that great. All the latest AAA games have to be run at 720p max and basically everything at minimum. And even then, it's not a guaranteed smooth experience.

I said, fuck it, and bought myself a PS4 Pro (don't care if it's gonna be superseded by the 5 in less than a year), got Madden, MLB The Show, NHL and NBA 2K (NO FIFA or PES though, for now at least, considering Genoa sucks big time at the moment I'm not in the mood to play as them), and that's it -- simply plug and play. I'm gonna keep my laptop as a working station (AutoCAD, etc.) and probably as a retrogaming device, for fairly old stuff like the first Half-Life or DOSBox games like MechWarrior 2, etc.

So, here we are: a sad story for a sad flaker. I know I promised to keep working on the gameplay mod, so I apologize.

Francesco

Hey guys!

Sorry if I just outright disappeared, I don't want to bore you with details, but let's just say my Udine job was highly stressing and in the end was all for naught. As a result, I barely even turned my laptop on during my stay there as I was dead tired during the evening, and during the weekend I wanted to roam the region all the way to Trieste. So you could say I lost interest in FIFA 16 after a while.

Problem is, I also realized I lost it for modding as a whole. You see, as El Pajaro can confirm, late last year I went back to modding NHL 04 Rebuilt, helping the team find a way to have the Vegas Golden Knights playable in season/dynasty mode. After that was all said and done, I had NHL 2004 installed on my laptop but I wasn't playing any of it -- and anything I decided to edit in the game interface, even though it was something I decided to do myself, felt kinda forced.

So when January 14 came and I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I simply erased everything and decided to start from scratch. This PC of mine was already obsolete when I bought it a few years ago, the CPU can only reach 2.00 GHz and my video card is a laptop one of course so isn't that great. All the latest AAA games have to be run at 720p max and basically everything at minimum. And even then, it's not a guaranteed smooth experience.

I said, fuck it, and bought myself a PS4 Pro (don't care if it's gonna be superseded by the 5 in less than a year), got Madden, MLB The Show, NHL and NBA 2K (NO FIFA or PES though, for now at least, considering Genoa sucks big time at the moment I'm not in the mood to play as them), and that's it -- simply plug and play. I'm gonna keep my laptop as a working station (AutoCAD, etc.) and probably as a retrogaming device, for fairly old stuff like the first Half-Life or DOSBox games like MechWarrior 2, etc.

So, here we are: a sad story for a sad flaker. I know I promised to keep working on the gameplay mod, so I apologize.

Francesco

You are a traitor to the modding community.
Getting a PS4? I don't know if I can ever forgive you.

:LMAO:

It is what it is mate. I hope you'll find that inner voice and that desire to mod again sometime in the near future and sell that piece of crap, get a proper desktop PC and you'll be unstoppable :D It's all about the desire though. If you don't have that fire inside, there's nothing you can do.

Well you already did amazing job with the FIFA 16 mod. It plays perfectly.

Usually it's like "if aint' broken, don't fix it".

I think we got it to the state that it's pretty much "done".

I just enjoy playing it. I don't need any more mods.

Big thanks for all of your effort.

PS: I have PS4 too. It's fun but nothing compared to modded PC games. You'll come back soon. :D

@miguelfcp: Hey mate! Who knows, I never close doors entirely -- I'm pretty volatile, probably because of my unstable day-to-day life :CONF:

@Chuny: Damn, straight to the showers, huh? Some welcome! :LOL:
Well, what can I say? Oh, I know: how much did your monster of a desktop cost? Just looking at the specs in your signature makes me wide-eyed -- never in my life have I even come close to half of that. :CONFUSE:

@El Pajaro: Thanks man, you know I really appreciate it. And I believe I already told you, nothing comes close to PCs in terms of gaming -- more powerful, and of course as you say they are (usually) pretty moddable. The EA logos on center ice for NHL teams disturb me sometimes on my PS4...

Well, what can I say? Oh, I know: how much did your monster of a desktop cost?

It costed me $Blood, $Sweat and $Tears :D In US Dollars.
I'm kidding mate. I know what it's like to be moving around and not feeling comfortable. And I don't really know your particular personal situation. If you don't have any kids or wife, then you might as well start saving for your own monster PC and you'll never get tired of it. At least I know I don't.

Last edited:
That has always been probably my pet dream -- the thing is, I should definitely marry a woman shrewd with money though. I spend money like water, I can't for the life of me save anything I earned (the PS4 is just the latest example) 💸

I installed Modding Way and after new gameplay by ciais. Now I have correct squads with very low player's skills. Wtf? All top teams has no more than 2 stars.

Being one of the rare still active on this thread might make me sound like I am mister FIFA16 but I am not.
Can't really see the link between me sharing the news about FIP3 and you installing Moddingway mod + ciais gameplayzer and being not happy with the outcome.

You might want to have a look at what you are installing before actually installing it.
Ciais gameplayzer modify the database and among things lowers dramatically players attributes for better realism. Stats might looks low but they are relative. The stats average is lower but the deviation between a good player and a top player remains the same or is even larger making the top player stand out more. If you like it makes a better use of the stats scale to better separate the players.

I might sound like a grumpy Mr FIFA16 after all...

Being one of the rare still active on this thread might make me sound like I am mister FIFA16 but I am not.
Can't really see the link between me sharing the news about FIP3 and you installing Moddingway mod + ciais gameplayzer and being not happy with the outcome.

You might want to have a look at what you are installing before actually installing it.
Ciais gameplayzer modify the database and among things lowers dramatically players attributes for better realism. Stats might looks low but they are relative. The stats average is lower but the deviation between a good player and a top player remains the same or is even larger making the top player stand out more. If you like it makes a better use of the stats scale to better separate the players.

I might sound like a grumpy Mr FIFA16 after all...
I thought may be someone also had the same problem with that mod) I have this problem if I replace ng_db file. Who plays with new mod? In what order are you installed it? fifa 16+modding way+gameplayzer? Because modding way also changes ng.db file. But I did not have a problems with previous mod,

Last edited:
I forgot I had installed this late last year but never played it. I am happily amazed at the games I'm having. They were so fun, maybe its the novelty of seeing other animations or what the AI was doing but man, as someone posted before (and this should be the tagline for this forum: "Why did I ever stop playing this").

I have a quick question I tried to copy the CL.ini file from Supernova, I put it in the main directory, however it didnt replace an existing one... Is that correct? Trying to minimize some tiki taka.

Will try to install the FIP 19/20 tonight although the old PL logo brought back fuzzy warm feelings

Back
Top Bottom