FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I think a guy is working on an AIO for England. From the sounds of it there will be a FIP again , but I'd imagine it's a few months away. I just grabbed them from various threads from here - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?forums/fifa-16-kits-forum.188/

:DD The guy from England is a LEGEND (Scouser). He is the father of Rev Mods and so many awesome patches like the Women patch and the last couple of FIPs.
For the new version Lagwagon, who is among the last very active facemaker, offred his help to compile a face database to go along FIP.

Last edited:
:DD The guy from England is a LEGEND (Scouser). He is the father of Rev Mods and so many awesome patches like the Women patch and the last couple of FIPs.
For the new version Lagwagon, who is among the last very active facemaker, offred his help to compile a face database to go along FIP.
Great news! The new RTWC patch has around 750 faces I think as part of the patch. I added these straight into my FIP and used the new tool which automatically activates the new face.

I'm getting the Premier League as up to date as possible, loving the chants! Thanks to @nikolapfc89.
I still can't get over how well 1.0.0 plays, the variety is ridiculous!

This looks fantastic.... Thanks for the lighting mods, really made a difference in my game as vanilla I found it was missing some "pop" and sometimes the pitch looked a bit dull.

Most people waiting for '21 versions of footy games and here I am waiting for an AIO patch update for fifa frickin '16 .

Hi Papinho !

I saw that you are a great modder and I have seen a lot of your beautiful works. But there is one thing in particular that has stuck with me, the fact that you are one of the very few modders who tried to do something to modify the fifa 16 camera. As we know it seems very difficult to change the height of this one, different is the speech for the zoom. I have thought a lot about a solution for this,
I also tried your cameras extracted from replays (very brilliant idea), but unfortunately I found that they were not good to me for 3 reasons:
- they had an off-center angle
- there was no possibility to change them during the game (e.g. if I wanted to put a medium iso for one game, if I wanted to put a low-high for the next I had to restart the game or at least open the folders)
- the camera changed every time the ball came out

So I have come to consider the fact that there are some stadium, one in particular (St. Mary Stadium if I'm not mistaken), which allow for greater height elasticity. Since I was unable to understand why this elasticity was present only in this stadium, and not finding a way to apply it to the others, I thought that the best method would be to be able to change the base stage of the CGFS stadium server (Waldstadion) with that of the stadium I'm telling you about. I have already tried to do it, extracting the stadium files by copying it on cm16 and going to replace them in the CGFS folders. When I did this the game definitely crashed, and I had to reset it from the beginning, luckily I still had the mod base saved! So what I'm asking is, do you think it would be possible in CGFS to replace the '' Waldstadion '' with the stadium I am talking about? I have already talked about it on Soccergaming but no one has listened to me, I hope you find this idea interesting!

Hi Papinho !

I saw that you are a great modder and I have seen a lot of your beautiful works. But there is one thing in particular that has stuck with me, the fact that you are one of the very few modders who tried to do something to modify the fifa 16 camera. As we know it seems very difficult to change the height of this one, different is the speech for the zoom. I have thought a lot about a solution for this,
I also tried your cameras extracted from replays (very brilliant idea), but unfortunately I found that they were not good to me for 3 reasons:
- they had an off-center angle
- there was no possibility to change them during the game (e.g. if I wanted to put a medium iso for one game, if I wanted to put a low-high for the next I had to restart the game or at least open the folders)
- the camera changed every time the ball came out

So I have come to consider the fact that there are some stadium, one in particular (St. Mary Stadium if I'm not mistaken), which allow for greater height elasticity. Since I was unable to understand why this elasticity was present only in this stadium, and not finding a way to apply it to the others, I thought that the best method would be to be able to change the base stage of the CGFS stadium server (Waldstadion) with that of the stadium I'm telling you about. I have already tried to do it, extracting the stadium files by copying it on cm16 and going to replace them in the CGFS folders. When I did this the game definitely crashed, and I had to reset it from the beginning, luckily I still had the mod base saved! So what I'm asking is, do you think it would be possible in CGFS to replace the '' Waldstadion '' with the stadium I am talking about? I have already talked about it on Soccergaming but no one has listened to me, I hope you find this idea interesting!

Hi! Thank you for the good words.
I am actually not the only one that tried to mod camera in fifa 16 as Dr Fidel was actually the pioneer in this (like often) and provided both the tool and the method. My onyl innovationwas to try a more varied types of camera and also by digging the files I got some hints to the code. But in the end I never released a finished product because I never managed to get the perfect cam I was looking for my self and then I lost interest in modding cameras.

To answer your points about cameras:
- off center angle, I am not sure what you meant.
- no possibility to change during game, that's true.
- The camera changed when the ball came out because I only modded the gameplay camera file. To have consistent camera yu would have to edit accordingly the cut scenes camera such as the OOB camera files (OOB for out of band).

I have seen your idea at soccergaming but I didn't answered because I think you are not getting correctly how the camera works with stadiums. There is no link between the stadium model or texture with the camera settings. Camera settings are linked to stadiums ids. For example, if you take the id of the vitally stadium, which has one of the most zoomed in camera in game, and you replace the stadiums files by the ones of the camp nou, the results will be a camp nou with a zoomed in camera. I tried myself to copy, rename, paste bcgameplay and bcstadiums files without seeing any difference.

I am affraid the only way your idea could work is by changing the deault id cgfs uses, and only shawminator could help you.

Hi! Thank you for the good words.
I am actually not the only one that tried to mod camera in fifa 16 as Dr Fidel was actually the pioneer in this (like often) and provided both the tool and the method. My onyl innovationwas to try a more varied types of camera and also by digging the files I got some hints to the code. But in the end I never released a finished product because I never managed to get the perfect cam I was looking for my self and then I lost interest in modding cameras.

To answer your points about cameras:
- off center angle, I am not sure what you meant.
- no possibility to change during game, that's true.
- The camera changed when the ball came out because I only modded the gameplay camera file. To have consistent camera yu would have to edit accordingly the cut scenes camera such as the OOB camera files (OOB for out of band).

I have seen your idea at soccergaming but I didn't answered because I think you are not getting correctly how the camera works with stadiums. There is no link between the stadium model or texture with the camera settings. Camera settings are linked to stadiums ids. For example, if you take the id of the vitally stadium, which has one of the most zoomed in camera in game, and you replace the stadiums files by the ones of the camp nou, the results will be a camp nou with a zoomed in camera. I tried myself to copy, rename, paste bcgameplay and bcstadiums files without seeing any difference.

I am affraid the only way your idea could work is by changing the deault id cgfs uses, and only shawminator could help you.
Oh i understand

I haven't a great knowledge of the modding "science" so I can only try to do my best, but unfortunately I lack the basics and i dont know a lot of things.

"Off-center camera" I mean a camera that is not in the center of the field, but slightly moved to the left (or right as it is). at least that's what I experienced with the high camera (the one with the screenshots of camp nou). I appreciate that you told me how to remedy the problems I have exposed to you but I fear that it is too difficult for me to apply these indications.

I would like to learn how to mod but for some things I still have too little knowledge.

in any case If you intend to change idea and proceed with this project, if I can help you in my small way, count on me!
I would be happy to find a solution because in my opinion it would make the game make the definitive qualitative leap and also beat the optical realism of pes 2020

Just a couple of modding questions...

1. Was it ever possible to replace those generic referee faces with custom ones?
  2. Is there a way to remove the ball cursor?

1. Yes in the moddingway patch, if you play the Bundesliga you have ef with real faces. I would need to check for the how to do it.

2. Probably yes, by exporting the file with cgfs, making it transparent and importing it back, but I don't know which file precisely where to look at.

Actually, if we look at the number of fouls, WE9 even surpasses that:
fjeQUsBl.jpg
f4n8exhl.jpg

FIFA 16 is a nice footie game, don't get me wrong -- and far from me to tell you what you should play or not play, I enjoy FIFA 98 from time to time -- but the more I was trying to make FIFA 16 less arcadey, the more the game wouldn't let me

Maybe it's the more sophisticated game engine, who knows, but I got to a point where everything was so interconnected that when I "fixed" something, more things would "break" -- and no matter how hard I tried, natural-flow fouls weren't just supposed to be for example, or trying to have teams play a more thought out game and not tiki-taka would make them play all set pieces short, because the game was never supposed to actually do what I wanted it to do

You can see it in the game stats -- ~5-10 fouls total and CPU possession at 85+%, that's all we could squeeze out of it, and even that felt forced

It was just frustrating, and combined with me working out of town, I lost interest fairly quickly

Then Kingsley out of the blue released a new version of his Gameplay EXE for WE9, and the rest is history -- yes, it's an outdated game, but it actually lets me do things that, paradoxically, a newer game like FIFA 16 just won't let me (even change the number of substitutions, unheard of in FIFA), and it all feels natural, the gameplay and physics changes we made to it actually work

So I picked my poison, but do I look down on you because you choose to play FIFA 16? If you think that, then I'll be very offended, because I don't claim to be playing the bEsT fOoTbAlL gAmE oN tHe pLaNeT -- I never will be. I just play what I personally like to play, I play the game that gives me the things I'm looking for in a soccer videogame. That's it

Cheers :)

jeez why does this look so nice... I dont think it looks as nice as mine.. very nice.... everytime I see your screenshots I get the urge to go play a bit...
I played some PES 2021 last night, couldn't handle it for longer than a few minutes. I went back and played this and then PES 5 and immediately they felt so, so much better.

In regards to the lighting, I wonder if the settings loaded a little differently on reshade, I'd never sent reshade settings over to others so I'm not exactly sure how it's recieved on the other end. It should be LUT, Fake HDR and Luma Sharpen for day (and it should load the same settings I had for those effects as well), then add the remaining 5 effects as well for night.

I played some PES 2021 last night, couldn't handle it for longer than a few minutes. I went back and played this and then PES 5 and immediately they felt so, so much better.

In regards to the lighting, I wonder if the settings loaded a little differently on reshade, I'd never sent reshade settings over to others so I'm not exactly sure how it's recieved on the other end. It should be LUT, Fake HDR and Luma Sharpen for day (and it should load the same settings I had for those effects as well), then add the remaining 5 effects as well for night.
the settings u sent me work great.. but they dont save. So every time i boot the game up i just have to re enter them which is no big deal and its worth it because it looks so good...

the settings u sent me work great.. but they dont save. So every time i boot the game up i just have to re enter them which is no big deal and its worth it because it looks so good...
Ah that's right, yeah I couldn't figure out what was causing that. I changed the path but it didn't seem to make a difference from some reason..

Geez the collision system on 16 is miles better than what I've encountered on Frostbite. Something which I really like is the way there can be organically drawn fouls from two players just coming together battling for the ball, it doesn't have to be a result of someone 'tackling'.

I'm getting good amount of fouls and penalties... had to go to training to find out how to take a penalty because I had no clue how to do it

Also, what slider do you have for keeper? I'm having great games but no matter what version of the game I play keepers are superman

I'm really enjoying this game... there's some sort of randomness that I was missing from other games I was playing... I sent a thru ball to my striker basically just to clear out the pressure from the AI.... should have been an easy clear from the defender but he completely muffed the clearance and my striker had a clear path to goal... it was something great to see because I was playing a lower quality team.

PS: Man, I still cant get over your screenshots, I cant get the grass to look as green as yours.... Hopefully when you have time you can post all the mods you got.

@papinho81 What sliders do you use for the 1.00 version, mate? I've been using Cias's 1.01 sliders as base and tweaking it. But any recommendations?

I'm getting the Premier League as up to date as possible, loving the chants! Thanks to @nikolapfc89.
I still can't get over how well 1.0.0 plays, the variety is ridiculous!

:SHOCK: WHAT A TURF!!! :WORSHIP:

maybe you know that: is the vanilla disc of FIFA 16 for PS4 the same (gameplay wise) as the 1.0.0 PC you refering to!?
edit: plus the ball features a shadow! nice!

:SHOCK: WHAT A TURF!!! :WORSHIP:

maybe you know that: is the vanilla disc of FIFA 16 for PS4 the same (gameplay wise) as the 1.0.0 PC you refering to!?
edit: plus the ball features a shadow! nice!
I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine it's the same from the original disk. It plays great so I hope so!

@papinho81 What sliders do you use for the 1.00 version, mate? I've been using Cias's 1.01 sliders as base and tweaking it. But any recommendations?

They are pretty basic but doing the job for me. I had to slow down the passes because CPU passing speed can be insane compared with the demo. Pass error is up to reduce %, they are now around 80 instead of 90. Shot error slightly increased which gives more contextual errors (ie wrong foot). Finally first time touches is increased to give more bad touches and less first time play by the CPU.
From what I recall (I will check once in front of my pc):

Shot error 52
Pass error 55
Pass speed 35
First time touches 55

Values are the same for the user and the CPU. I have never been a fan of any sort of discrepancy.

They are pretty basic but doing the job for me. I had to slow down the passes because CPU passing speed can be insane compared with the demo. Pass error is up to reduce %, they are now around 80 instead of 90. Shot error slightly increased which gives more contextual errors (ie wrong foot). Finally first time touches is increased to give more bad touches and less first time play by the CPU.
From what I recall (I will check once in front of my pc):

Shot error 52
Pass error 55
Pass speed 35
First time touches 55

Values are the same for the user and the CPU. I have never been a fan of any sort of discrepancy.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the game nonetheless. Do you use the cl.ini tweaks mentioned in Cias's post? Do you know if momentum/scripting is reduced by the ADAPTIVE_AI line? I love playing the game, but sometimes the scripting gets ridiculous, like players moving away from the ball to make a CPU goal happen. I know this is the bane of all modern FIFA and PES's... But anything to reduce it would be helpful.

Again, it's all to my dumb actions... seems when I installed re-shade I installed some pre-set luts and settings. I got yours working and its just something else... again thanks again my friend... it makes such a difference.

Hopefully we get a 20/21 patch soon.... usually they come out once the Switch edition comes out?

Last edited:
Great news! The new RTWC patch has around 750 faces I think as part of the patch. I added these straight into my FIP and used the new tool which automatically activates the new face.

Following all these helpful posts is certainly making a better Fifa experience? Could you tell me how you add the RTWC faces into FIP? I have FIP 3.2 and it has the new squads, but no faces. I got the RTWC patch which has 750+ faces (rx3 files I presume) - now how do I automatically add these into the game?

Following all these helpful posts is certainly making a better Fifa experience? Could you tell me how you add the RTWC faces into FIP? I have FIP 3.2 and it has the new squads, but no faces. I got the RTWC patch which has 750+ faces (rx3 files I presume) - now how do I automatically add these into the game?
Sure, I did it by going into my RTWC folder, then go to 'data' and then 'sceneassets'. I copied and pasted the following folders into my FIP data/sceneassets - Faces, Hair, Hairlod, Heads.

Once you've done this you'll need to follow the instructions on this post - http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-infinity-patch-16-19-20-edition.6466137/post-6615569 .

Finally, you'll need to regenerate your files and it should work!

@Anth James Thanks. I'd figured it out through a lot of Google searches. It's up and running with some of the latest Gunner faces in (Saka, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, AMN etc). Exciting stuff. What about player transfers? Any tools for quicker transfers? I have the FIP 3.2 patch, so only uptil January 2020.

Back
Top Bottom