FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I went to Soccergaming and found the FIFA 16 World Cup 2022 patch.

Reinstalling FIFA again and I would like to play that amazing tournament.

Is it available somewhere in a reasonable one post format? The Soccergaming thread is so large, have no idea where the actual files are.

Thanks mate. Appreciated.

I just checked and I still have FIFA 16 installed, along with ModdingWay 2018. Wonder if I can install it on top of that or perhaps it requires a clear install and redownloading it from Steam. Hmm...

Thanks mate. Appreciated.

I just checked and I still have FIFA 16 installed, along with ModdingWay 2018. Wonder if I can install it on top of that or perhaps it requires a clear install and redownloading it from Steam. Hmm...
Always clean install I’d recommen. its a small game file (for today standards)

Hmm... I loved this game.

H1JdD79.jpg

One thing I would love to see in FIFA 16 are celebration mods.. In FIFA 11, there's a mod called ""Hybrid Gameplay vs 5.0 final version", (available here!), which includes several tweaks, including expanding celebrations to make them longer/more elaborate. I think it's a brilliant mod!

I think this is the only area which could be drastically improved in this absolutely brilliant, already classic FIFA installment. :)

For anyone having issues playing FIFA 16 on a Xbox Series console, the October Xbox console firmware update has broken compatibility and the game will now always crash on launch (doesn’t matter if digital or disc).

Contacted Microsoft today to be told its a known issue that has been acknowledged by EA and it *may* get fixed in a future Xbox firmware update with no ETA.

For anyone having issues playing FIFA 16 on a Xbox Series console, the October Xbox console firmware update has broken compatibility and the game will now always crash on launch (doesn’t matter if digital or disc).

Contacted Microsoft today to be told its a known issue that has been acknowledged by EA and it *may* get fixed in a future Xbox firmware update with no ETA.
Yes! I asked about this a few weeks ago. Same happened to me. You have series s or x? Was working fine on my series s but then on x it didnt. Dont know if I just coincidentally upgraded console the same week as the update.
But it sucks. All other fifas work. I hope they fix it

Yes! I asked about this a few weeks ago. Same happened to me. You have series s or x? Was working fine on my series s but then on x it didnt. Dont know if I just coincidentally upgraded console the same week as the update.
Series X for me. I’ve only had the game for a couple of months, worked first month, started crashing the next :(

I wonder what specifically in the firmware has caused an 8 year old game to break, it’s a strange one honestly

Could it be a Series X problem specifically? Ugh hope they fix it. I still havent uninstalled
Whats strange is that fifa 14-15-17-18-19 and so on work fine

That's some BS by EA if they did this deliberately (which I wouldn't put past them.)

That's some BS by EA if they did this deliberately (which I wouldn't put past them.)
Can't be EA because it wasn't caused by a patch/update. It would have been better if the issue was actually EA's fault. As it stands now, everyone affected must reach out to MS but I doubt they will release a new FW soon just to fix this issue. EA won't patch the game to work on the current FW as the product is delisted and discontinued.
Ofc I can't rule out the possibility MS and EA to have agreed to sabotage the game's functionality. Both companies have some kind of trade partnership. It's highly unlikely though but nothing surprises me any more in this world.

Seems like 16 is being sabotaged. After reading your issues on X box i now have this happening on PC, fifa switches alone to windowed mode and a message pops up:

FIFA is Shutting Down. This is a Result of the Origin Client Being Terminated​

then fifa 16 closes and EA app freezes. I slowly get tired or EA...

Last edited:
Seems like 16 is being sabotaged. After reading your issues on X box i now have this happening on PC, fifa switches alone to windowed mode and a message pops up:

FIFA is Shutting Down. This is a Result of the Origin Client Being Terminated​

then fifa 16 closes and EA app freezes. I slowly get tired or EA...

OMG this is infuriating. I was just playing a match and this happened in the 87th minute. I could keep playing, but the clock froze and I couldn't continue to finish/save the game.

And then I repair it, and it updates to v1.07 :BRICK:

OMG this is infuriating. I was just playing a match and this happened in the 87th minute. I could keep playing, but the clock froze and I couldn't continue to finish/save the game.

And then I repair it, and it updates to v1.07 :BRICK:
Whatever happens, DO NOT repair the game. It's very obvious that repairing checks every file and updates it to the latest one.

Silverdome, sorry to hear this :( do you have a nvidia gpu with the latest driver installed?

I think i have a clue for the crashes on pc, it might be thr Nvidia driver 546.17 (if u use an nvidia card of course). Uninstalling the driver with DDU and installing the latest stable one is recommanded (didn't try it yet). I had a crash with another game too so it might be this.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../531536/games-unplayable-after-driver-update/

Whatever happens, DO NOT repair the game. It's very obvious that repairing checks every file and updates it to the latest one.

I know, I didn't want to do it, and not only did I lose the v1.0, I lost my patch (which is fine, I have backups).

The main issue, v1.0 or v1.07, is that the game crashes in the middle of playing, no matter what. I can't figure out whether this is the game's fault (it shouldn't be, considering I am playing the vanilla game with no mods) or the EA App's. I have tons of crashes with the EA App...I always keep it up to date, and it is constantly losing a connection and saying I need to restart. So, I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment, where either the game or the app is going to crash, no matter what.

Does anyone else have this issue with the EA App? I find that it is an absolute pile of garbaggio, and that was before all this stuff was even happening.

Silverdome, sorry to hear this :( do you have a nvidia gpu with the latest driver installed?

I think i have a clue for the crashes on pc, it might be thr Nvidia driver 546.17 (if u use an nvidia card of course). Uninstalling the driver with DDU and installing the latest stable one is recommanded (didn't try it yet). I had a crash with another game too so it might be this.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../531536/games-unplayable-after-driver-update/

I always keep my Nvidia drivers current, but this is something I should look into. As I said above, I think it's more to do with the app.

I'm not a lawyer or even pretend to understand law, but EA seems primed for a lawsuit if it is not going to allow us to continue to play games that we have purchased, simply because it has decided to move on from FIFA, Origin and whatever else. All this is a shame because I have finally begun to fully appreciate this game!

Yeah EA app is a piece of crap... To launch fifa 16 1.0 i have to go offline in EA app every time but then no issues with the game.

For me a clean install of driver 537.58 seems to work no more crash for now in any game. Maybe you should give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom