Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Well, honestly, its 2018 and with all the technical advancements in football games and the power at their fingertips, no one can bring us the football title you would expect to see in this day and age.

First off, Pes, which has a lovely flow to it in the middle of the park but that is let down with shoddy attacking in the final third, keepers with restricted animations (earlier today i played three matches and scored two identikit goals, same shot, same keeper animations) limited licenses, but most of all, the most bland ai in a football game to date.

I mean c'mon, i've never seen such one dimensional a.i. We were told it was fixed but to me it plays exactly the same. How can you have a football game but no long shot efforts? Where is an a.i that will keep you challenged and on your toes without cheating? There was better a.i ten years ago!

Pes has lovely graphics, great player models and some nice lighting but its all let down by the above issues. I mean they've still got only 10 save slots ffs and a replay camera system that belongs in the dark ages.

A terrible disappointment.

Which brings me onto Fifa, which has the licences and the I have to say has the variety of play you expect from a football game, you really do get lots of spontaneous play that you would associate in football and that Pes lacks.

However...whoever designed the player models needs firing. They just don't look like athletes. They don't look like modern footballers. They have a hunched run, they have no real close control, they run with an awkward gait and their animations look out of sync.

Then you get the ball physics...ground passes act like bowling balls, theres no random bounces. Sometime i head the ball as a pass, and this is all on manual by the way, and the ball moves at 100mph! I mean ffs they had this in the previous versions so where has it gone?

And fouls? Where are they on BOTH games, Penalties are a fucking event.

Then they release about a million fucking patches, which has you constantly tweaking sliders, sliders by the way that they don't fucking describe to you and let you know what they do.

2019 has to be the year they ditch these games for multiplayer and start thinking about the single player crowd. Its dumbed down money making shite and it gets on my tits. Trying to turn these games into sports - well fuck me, I saw a fifa final the other week on youtube and both lads are playing on assisted controls - fucking assisted controls and they are supposed to be so called professionals at this sport game? I'd whoop them both on manual. Its a fucking joke.

Multiplayer is the worst fucking thing to hit consoles in the last few years. Theres this accepted stance that everyone naturally gravitates towards it and needs it, but i wouldn't waste my time with a bunch of people who just want to win at any cost. keep multiplayer for when you are round at your mates not for strangers giving you grief over the internet.

Both of these games have really let me down this year and I for one will definitely, DEFINITELY hold back on purchases of both titles next year.

Bored (or not very interested ) of FIFA/ Pes I bought NHL 19 on sale,and I haven't played for a few editions.
I had to scale down fouls/penalties by at least 50% on it.
If that game can have tons of it,why not FIFA?
It's not a game breaker for either human Vs CPU crowd to have lots of fouls right?
I don't believe it's a matter of "oh it's to tough to create them" ?

It's a shame and right now a massive game breaker playing with absolutely no fouls in a sports game for me.
For the third straight edition of it to.
Shame on you EA!
Especially since it's a great game otherwise

yeah i agree with fouls, why not just add a slider. I have actually moved across now to FIFA as my favourite footy game for this year. Out of the box its pretty shocking but tweaked OS sliders is great. The premiership stills seems a bit mad but play a J League game and its very balanced. Hopefully fouls will be sorted, currently i get anything between 0 and 5 per game but normal game would be 2. Never had a penalty. Would probably get a few more if they got rid of that auto jump in slide tackles.

Well, honestly, its 2018 and with all the technical advancements in football games and the power at their fingertips, no one can bring us the football title you would expect to see in this day and age.

First off, Pes, which has a lovely flow to it in the middle of the park but that is let down with shoddy attacking in the final third, keepers with restricted animations (earlier today i played three matches and scored two identikit goals, same shot, same keeper animations) limited licenses, but most of all, the most bland ai in a football game to date.

I mean c'mon, i've never seen such one dimensional a.i. We were told it was fixed but to me it plays exactly the same. How can you have a football game but no long shot efforts? Where is an a.i that will keep you challenged and on your toes without cheating? There was better a.i ten years ago!

Pes has lovely graphics, great player models and some nice lighting but its all let down by the above issues. I mean they've still got only 10 save slots ffs and a replay camera system that belongs in the dark ages.

Which brings me onto Fifa, which has the licences and the I have to say has the variety of play you expect from a football game, you really do get lots of spontaneous play that you would associate in football and that Pes lacks.

However...whoever designed the player models needs firing. They just don't look like athletes. They don't look like modern footballers. They have a hunched run, they have no real close control, they run with an awkward gait and their animations look out of sync.

Then you get the ball physics...ground passes act like bowling balls, theres no random bounces. Sometime i head the ball as a pass, and this is all on manual by the way, and the ball moves at 100mph! I mean ffs they had this in the previous versions so where has it gone?

And fouls? Where are they on BOTH games, Penalties are a fucking event.

Then they release about a million fucking patches, which has you constantly tweaking sliders, sliders by the way that they don't fucking describe to you and let you know what they do.

2019 has to be the year they ditch these games for multiplayer and start thinking about the single player crowd. Its dumbed down money making shite and it gets on my tits. Trying to turn these games into sports - well fuck me, I saw a fifa final the other week on youtube and both lads are playing on assisted controls - fucking assisted controls and they are supposed to be so called professionals at this sport game? I'd whoop them both on manual. Its a fucking joke.

Multiplayer is the worst fucking thing to hit consoles in the last few years. Theres this accepted stance that everyone naturally gravitates towards it and needs it, but i wouldn't waste my time with a bunch of people who just want to win at any cost. keep multiplayer for when you are round at your mates not for strangers giving you grief over the internet.

Both of these games have really let me down this year and I for one will definitely, DEFINITELY hold back on purchases of both titles next year.

Fouls are there in PES..
Anyway, i only play this fifa 19 with the woman teams occassionally with my daughter.. idk, the animation fits them and gameplay feels better.

You can have matches in both games with 0 or 1 foul - that should never happen. In my PES playing time - 2 ML seasons. I never got one penalty- the AI just switches tackle mode as soon as you are in the box - same for FIFA really

yeah i agree with fouls, why not just add a slider. I have actually moved across now to FIFA as my favourite footy game for this year. Out of the box its pretty shocking but tweaked OS sliders is great. The premiership stills seems a bit mad but play a J League game and its very balanced. Hopefully fouls will be sorted, currently i get anything between 0 and 5 per game but normal game would be 2. Never had a penalty. Would probably get a few more if they got rid of that auto jump in slide tackles.
I mainly play League one/championship and it's good,feels solid,but the Cpu hanging on your back and not getting freekicks is so annoying.
It's been my main footie game to so far (and Pes 18)

Yeah, the game needs at the very least an aggressiveness slider or something like that.

I still find Fifa 19 good but I was watching City-Liverpool of yesterday and there is no way you can recreate that kind of football this year. Which is particularly ironic given the cure and detail EA puts on everything Premier League-wise else, but oh well.

Just wanted to chime in here to say good luck to @Chris Davies tonight - looking forward to seeing that absolute unit Steve McNulty in action! I reckon it'll be a good ol' cup game, we'll play a lot of young players and players coming back from injury (who are subconsciously going to expect to walk it), you lot will be massively up for it, and it'll be a tight affair! :)

Oh, and just to make this post relevant at all, played Tranmere vs Spurs last night and won 4-0 with Spurs. I don't know, not really feeling the game at this point on default sliders, but that's OK.

Yeah, the game needs at the very least an aggressiveness slider or something like that.

I still find Fifa 19 good but I was watching City-Liverpool of yesterday and there is no way you can recreate that kind of football this year. Which is particularly ironic given the cure and detail EA puts on everything Premier League-wise else, but oh well.
Think it works fine,or guess I'm just accustomed to how it is,but it needs tons of more aggression,more nastiness.
And being able to take advantage of a player that's already been booked etc.

I've had one sending off for the Cpu on my 4 various seasons.
And past two seasons maybe 4 penalties
Needs to be sorted,or call it ''' FIFA play with your friends and be polite 19"

Just wanted to chime in here to say good luck to @Chris Davies tonight - looking forward to seeing that absolute unit Steve McNulty in action!
Thanks, man. I'm not looking forward to it... I've paid £42 for a pair of tickets to go and see us get pumped (4-0 sounds about right to me), but that being said, this kind of game is what football's all about isn't it.

The chairman estimates that we'll make £500,000 from it, which he says "isn't a lot in the scheme of things" (I mean, it sounds like a lot to me), and that's the silver lining I suppose...

I bought FIFA 19 in the PS(EU) store sales.
Until now i have played some matches in CM 4 or 5, with HSV. I have a special connection with Hamburg, although i am from Greece so HSV and St. Pauli are my favorites despite they are arch-rivals.
So this year i am with HSV in "zweite Liga". Until this point the game is a little fun for me. Maybe the case is, that i am not so Demanding with FIFA as i am with PES, i dont expect the same things, so some decent points plus the nice content and presentation and the more user/noob friendly general experience can amuse me, while in the same time in ML(pes) more miracles are needed to happen to amuse me!
In FIFA i am in "professional" difficulty, although this year, as i have read and as i said with my own eyes, the games is "easier' so i can stand chance in World 'Class', by stand i mean i can go for some 0-0,1-0 without being demolished blatantly with 4-0, 5-0 of the respective difficulty of the other game. Also a good element i see, and correct me if i am wrong cause of my "noobish" FIFA-heritage, i believe that the manual/semi/assisted system in FIFA works pretty well in comparison with PES. I had it in semi/semi and i downgraded to assisted/assisted cause i am still to "amateur' to control and aim at the same time, but i feel that even the assisted level in passing works well it is the equivalent of PA1 in PES.
Finally i believe that FIFA in this subject assisted/semi/manual keeps bettter balance than PES where PA1 is even now extremelly assisted, and PA2-3 are totally computer guided with no player input effect.

Sorry to make comparison with PES but in comparison of FIFA 19 to FIFA 17-18 i find it pretty consistent every year.I feel that mechanics of assistance work every year the same good way. I am open to opinions from you guys ,who are more experienced with FIFA to correct me if i conceive something wrong.

As i said in the beginning my PES-dna profile drives me, to not have the same standards and expectations from FIFA. I can overlook any CPU cheating,bad physics, weird (small) ball physics, and just play it as an amusement game: Try to build up some passes until the opponent penalty box, stare at the presentation and stas/info during the game and all the "foofery and faffery" the game is offering. Maybe as i become more experienced, i will start to spot gamebreaking? annoyances .Also the shooting variety and trajectories is a big YES, even if the rest physics are not as good as it should the shooting is extra rewarding and fun! :)

out of the box i found shooting really unrewarding but using OS slider set - shooting knocked down to 48 and on full manual i've scored some crackers. In the J league i put one in the top corner from 25 yards , where the keeper just watched it go over his head.

Thanks, man. I'm not looking forward to it... I've paid £42 for a pair of tickets to go and see us get pumped (4-0 sounds about right to me), but that being said, this kind of game is what football's all about isn't it.

The chairman estimates that we'll make £500,000 from it, which he says "isn't a lot in the scheme of things" (I mean, it sounds like a lot to me), and that's the silver lining I suppose...

I wouldn't be so sure. One of our worst matches last season was away to Newport. We deserved to lose, to be fair, but somehow scraped through. We drew away at Rochdale last year as well. I reckon you have a fair chance. :) Oh, and have fun at the game, I'm sure it'll be a blast! :)

Last edited:
If Trippier is playing for us tonight probably more than a fair chance.

It's like he's been on "I did well in the world cup and became a superstar, so no effort is needed"-mode ever since August. I reckon Kyle Walker-Peters will start.

Yes i also wanted to say all the best for tonight Chris. Hopefully it will be a good match. :)

First time buying FIFA in years at Xmas and notwithstanding the main complaints in here I'm having a great time on career mode with Manchester United (WC Semi assisted vanilla gameplay)

Maybe its because its so fresh due to me not playing FIFA in years but I've never had this much fun on a FIFA game in terms of variety of play and goals.

Both modern day Fifa and PES have killed my enthusiasm for football games. Both bland, both limited games.

No fouls in Fifa, it’s a game breaker. You can play with sliders for weeks and months but it won’t change that.

Really boring stuff. Think I will pass on both games next year and save myself 100 dollars.

finally happy with a new completed slider set for the latest patch update(will add link) , only 2 things now stopping this being the best football game ever which are player switching and no fouls , still playing it in january and enjoying it for what it is so can’t complain at all

SLIDERS V2

Last edited:
finally happy with a new completed slider set for the latest patch update(will add link) , only 2 things now stopping this being the best football game ever which are player switching and no fouls , still playing it in january and enjoying it for what it is so can’t complain at all

SLIDERS V2

Best football game ever?! You’re easily pleased.

SLIDERS V2

What controls so you use with the sliders? Manual semi or assisted?

SLIDERS V2

Those are two major flaws though?
I agree it's enjoyable,but me on my third season can't play it right now,no fouls for six games,no penalties for 30+ games,one sending off for the Cpu in three seasons makes it hard to really take serious, especially since I'm sure they could fix it if they wanted to,which makes it even worse.
Can but won't!

SLIDERS V2

i like those but i have adjusted the length to 35 - 22 is too short and the AI starts to do the ridiculous lightening quick short passes. Pass speed for me is also at 46 but this is personal preference.

I dont think I'll be buying 19 this year. I was planning to at some point, but I'm still enjoying 16 more than I ever did 17 & 18. I was hoping with EA's 3rd iteration on Frostbite they could bring back the fluidly and completeness of Ignite, but based on the demo and videos I have observed , this doesn't appear to be the case.

Everytime I get in the mood to play a footy game it's always 16 that comes to mind.

I dont think I'll be buying 19 this year. I was planning to at some point, but I'm still enjoying 16 more than I ever did 17 & 18. I was hoping with EA's 3rd iteration on Frostbite they could bring back the fluidly and completeness of Ignite, but based on the demo and videos I have observed , this doesn't appear to be the case.

Everytime I get in the mood to play a footy game it's always 16 that comes to mind.

It is the first FIFA I've properly enjoyed and that is coming from someone who buys PES every year.
The variety in games is something I have not experienced in a FIFA game before.

Back
Top Bottom