FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Was about to post it.

Serie A career will be super lame with a single division. I usually play PL or Serie A so I don't know, for me it's big. I wasn't all this convinced before, after this if it's the usual half game (and it will be, we already know it), it's gonna be particularly hard to throw bucks at them.

Which all in all might not be a bad things :D .

I'll be interested in Serie A when it gets the same treatment as the other top leagues. Faces, stadiums, presentation package, etc. Otherwise, it feels super bare bones. It's a big blow though. Fewer second divisions is never a good thing. Not much point in playing in a league that doesn't have relegation as a possibility.

I'll be interested in Serie A when it gets the same treatment as the other top leagues. Faces, stadiums, presentation package, etc. Otherwise, it feels super bare bones.

Oh yeah, I totally understand it, their lack of cure for Serie A is well tangible.

However it's "my" championship so as long as there are leagues, stadiums and licensed teams, my fantasy can kinda make up for the rest of the dullness. Except having it reduced to a single league may be too much even for myself to immerse into.

But what's most impressive is the stuff they've implemented PROPERLY. Like in the first example here, where previously AI clubs wouldn't bother replacing the players they lose.

Plus, league tables look much better.

Better board objectives...

And one more of those improved dialogue areas - this one's my favourite.

Last edited:
Career Mode improvements does sound good but I am just worried about the gameplay. Every video I see of career mode youtubers, it's just a basketball match with no midfield. CDM's especially are glued to their position and I see attackers running past players like Kante without any pressure whatsoever. I don't think I will enjoy being able to easily break down opponents like that. I will probably get bored.

Oh hello, here's the first patch:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa21-closed-beta-update

• Situations where the opponent would sometimes immediately recover the ball after being tackled.
    • Improved the tackling and dribbling mechanics to reduce cases where a successful tackle makes the ball bounce back to the dribbler.
  • Feedback mentioning that some players felt too slow with the ball.
    • Made Dribbling slightly better, especially for lower rated dribblers.
  • Some driven crosses and ground driven crosses were too fast.
    • These crosses have been generally slowed down, especially for lower rated crossers.
  • Some actions and animations were taking too long to happen.
    • Improved responsiveness of shots, passes and controlling the ball in multiple situations.
    • This is an area we are continuing to monitor closely and will look to address further in future title updates if needed.
  • Players without high Vision or high Short/Long Passing attributes were too effective when performing through passes.
    • Low Vision/Passing attributes now have a bigger impact on determining smart usage of space and overall quality of Through Passes.
  • Players had difficulty defending against crosses as the attackers were too free.
    • Improved the marking in crossing situations. In some cases, defenders were not tracking runs well enough, creating easy goals from crosses.
  • Situations where soft collisions were causing easy penalty kicks or fouls.
    • Multiple improvements to wrong referee calls.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa21-closed-beta-update

• Situations where the opponent would sometimes immediately recover the ball after being tackled.
    • Improved the tackling and dribbling mechanics to reduce cases where a successful tackle makes the ball bounce back to the dribbler.
    • These crosses have been generally slowed down, especially for lower rated crossers.
    • Improved responsiveness of shots, passes and controlling the ball in multiple situations.
    • This is an area we are continuing to monitor closely and will look to address further in future title updates if needed.
  • Players without high Vision or high Short/Long Passing attributes were too effective when performing through passes.
    • Low Vision/Passing attributes now have a bigger impact on determining smart usage of space and overall quality of Through Passes.
  • Players had difficulty defending against crosses as the attackers were too free.
    • Improved the marking in crossing situations. In some cases, defenders were not tracking runs well enough, creating easy goals from crosses.

So I like these changes:

The rest of the changes seems to lower the attribute gap between good players and bad players which I am worried about. As it will make all players feel like clones. Also don't like the foul changes either.

I'm hoping it's easier to get sacked. I honestly can't remember the last time I was sacked in a FIFA game. 10-years ago? If I finish 12th with a top side, I don't want the board pulling out the ol' "We're very disappointed, but we'll give you another chance." When it comes to training things like skill moves, is it dynamic? As in, is it based on the player's attributes, potential, etc? It would be ridiculous if any player could get 5-star skill moves.

Also, what on earth is this lineup:
Screenshot_29.jpg

I know we've had some issues, but Jesus wept.

I don't recall ever seeing "made passing more difficult" style updates, and there's a few (like the "crossing is too fast" and "defenders don't mark strikers on crosses" ones). Really promising. Except, of course, the bastard dribbling one. Everyone's OBSESSED with dribbling with all players. From defence to attack.

How do you feel about these, @Matt10?

Also, what on earth is this lineup:
View attachment 60087

I know we've had some issues, but Jesus wept.
That's bad. Saying that, it's only two players, but. Still bad. Injury crisis maybe? Playing bottom of the table team? (Clutching at straws...)

I have no confidence in EA personally, but I hope they can improve the gameplay massively. Have they changed the awful free kick, corner kick & penalty mechanics at all in FIFA 21?

It’s the same for all leagues, they always take one extra year to include the new grounds. (Promotion / Relegation stuff)
See Bundesliga were they now added the ground of Paderborn who were relegated

Even though I see good things coming to FIFA 21 ,new features etc,I'm staying clear of this one.

The usual route for this thread when the game is released is, great game->fantastic game->why did they patch it->nobody's playing it.

I'm pretty ok with my FIFA 20 tbh.

giphy.gif

So it's really Anthony Joshua. When I saw the screenshot yesterday I thought it was a meme I couldn't get or something but no, they seriously put a boxer in a football game as a playable character.

I mean, the Usain Bolt thing was equally laughable, but by some kind of stretch you could say the guy is the epithome of fast and wanted to play professional football at some point.. he has some relationship with the field, if you really want to force it.. but this? It's next level ridiculous.

Well, at least it shows how far removed they are from real football. Lol!

So it's really Anthony Joshua. When I saw the screenshot yesterday I thought it was a meme I couldn't get or something but no, they seriously put a boxer in a football game as a playable character.

I mean, the Usain Bolt thing was equally laughable, but by some kind of stretch you could say the guy is the epithome of fast and wanted to play professional football at some point.. he has some relationship with the field, if you really want to force it.. but this? It's next level ridiculous.

Why not John Cena? He is more famous meme-wise!! :P

Also, hasn't Volta been a complete flop, already dead? I barely see it mentioned on any platform.

Is it even on point? It strikes me as a bit dad-trying-too-hard-to-be-cool, but then I'm not on point myself.

😂😂

But to be fair, This kind of celebrity cross over marketing in video games is nothing new (Conor McGregor in COD, Arnold Schwarzenegger in WWE 2K), It's actually surprising EA didn't shoe horn this kind of things earlier in the previous year's Journey modes.

I say good for those that like this kinda thing, Doesn't do anything for me though.

Well not only that Usain Bolt did actually play in real football matches, I think he played for a team in Australia and also some charity games.

Back
Top Bottom