FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I've had some good games of late , my persoal preference is 50 first touch is way to high and leads to wired passing animations ..Ive lowered it to teens but have high pass error and shot error ..also have higher run Freq ..enjoying the variety

I've had some good games of late , my persoal preference is 50 first touch is way to high and leads to wired passing animations ..Ive lowered it to teens but have high pass error and shot error ..also have higher run Freq ..enjoying the variety
don't know if it's worth it 60$ to play "next gen"? currently playing fifa 19 on ps5 and enjoying it but I know these two games are really different. from videos I can't stand that roll animations while recieving the ball and the ball physics. does latest patches made difference in this regard?

don't know if it's worth it 60$ to play "next gen"? currently playing fifa 19 on ps5 and enjoying it but I know these two games are really different. from videos I can't stand that roll animations while recieving the ball and the ball physics. does latest patches made difference in this regard?
The silly bounce animation from 20 when passing is much improved in ps5 ..I only paid 30 quid In the sale and got the free upgrade . Defending needs some sorting but I'm.better so the cheap goals I was conceding have mostly gone. Tbh I really liked pes but you see the same goals over and over so I go back to fifa for.the variety

Bearing in mind I'm enjoying this at the minute, and Hitman's just said the same thing - in my case ENTIRELY due to the last patch (I truly couldn't stand it before then)...

I read this and think, how much longer will it be playable.

Look how angry people are.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it's amazing. It really isn't. It's a last-gen game that feels like ice-skating with cannonballs. But the last patch was a tiny step towards reality. And every pro player hates it...

Last edited:
i gave it another try... but yeah, this isn't my game i guess.

still i just cant stand the lightness of players and the accompanying animations. this is not what i expect... and the bells and whistles don't get me over the hill!
even the other games latest version plays better imo, at the core. ...at least in regards to what i think is important and has to be solid before other aspects.

so glad i can play FIFA16, where the off pitch stuff isn't that glamorous but the gameplay is very good! :) never ever i experienced such weight, inertia and momentum in a FIFA game. i'm still really thankful that you guys hinted me on this again!! :WORSHIP:

and overall: not to long now till its all gonna be good! ;) roll on autum!

edit: im really thinking about selling this again (the gameplay fundamentals aint gonna change). i spend 30, might get 30 now... thats ok for some testing. the codes are unused as well.

Last edited:
I bought fifa yesterday and I was aware of the issues that this game has but playing with Matt`s 10 sliders made the game playable for me. Not quite amazing but good with good balance. Of course sometime I was off when ball goes like rocket but I see that one maybe two times per game. That back line that is put higher actually makes defenders to compesate issues with midfielders while defending. Had about five good games las night. I hope they improve this game with patches even more!

i uninstalled the game last night. made my peace with it. its for sale now.

the positives since last night: more free space on my PS5's SSD, no thoughts about it circling in my head, another person gets a chance to expierence the product! :)
the negatives: another person gets a chance to expierence the product! ;)

till fall... if i need a footie fix... FIFA16 is my friendly companion! :D

edit: and gone! 28 Euro and a nice conversation with the buyer behind me I’m playing 16 atm! :)

Last edited:

the positives since last night: more free space on my PS5's SSD, no thoughts about it circling in my head, another person gets a chance to expierence the product! :)

edit: and gone! 28 Euro and a nice conversation with the buyer behind me I’m playing 16 atm! :)
'No thoughts about it circling in my head' - so true haha. I've been far less frustrated since I stopped trying to make 20/21 versions of both games work.

Even the 16 i wasn't a fan, but still better than the ones you mentionned.
To me the 15 is the worst so called "simulation/action football" game i ever player with PES 2016. It was a goal fest.

The 19 was "acceptable", but not the 20 (i still regret my money lost on it) and the 21 was the first i didn't buy since Fifa 08.
Neither gives a try on the demo, but from what i saw and heard... Not for me anymore.

What's sad, is that frosbite engine seemed promising, but they've destroyed it

Last edited:
Not buying this,my 10 hrs were (6 left) enough.
Also uninstalled 20.
There's no going back to these/that after playing 15/17/18.
My god how bad this game has become
hey rock, what da ... is wrong with you mate?! ;) why didnt you mention 16!?!? :?

the other games release this year might be some kind of "Hammarby Story"! ;) its about time!! think positive mate!! good times ahead! :BYE:

Last edited:
hey rock, what da ... is wrong with you mate?! ;) why didnt you mention 16!?!? :?

the other games release this year might be some kind of "Hammarby Story"! ;) its about time!! think positive mate!! good times ahead! :BYE:
Hey mein freund,I played 16 so much in release.
I honestly (on console) enjoy 15 more,and 17+18 are pretty much my go to games,they always play good.
Might go back to 16 again after 15 though.
And oh,also uninstalled 19,I usually don't uninstall games,but these three...

Yeah fingers crossed it will be.

Even the 16 i wasn't a fan, but still better than the ones you mentionned.
To me the 15 is the worst so called "simulation/action football" game i ever player with PES 2016. It was a goal fest.

The 19 was "acceptable", but not the 20 (i still regret my money lost on it) and the 21 was the first i didn't buy since Fifa 08.
Neither gives a try on the demo, but from what i saw and heard... Not for me anymore.

What's sad, is that frosbite engine seemed promising, but they've destroyed it
Those are the ones I play on last gen,and on last gen FIFA gets worse by each release.
19 is absolutely unplayable,go back and try all with a fresh mindset.
I use to think 19 was ok,but played it the other day,so bad

Ho sorry i understood the opposite, that except 15,17,18 (and 20) you liked the rest. I wouldn't have mentioned my taste then.

16 and 19 were okay.... No in fact i didn't played as much the 19, you're probably right. The 16... Not bad but too fast/ping pong and i gotted the things to score/at least shoots from long distance on the goal too easyly (most of my goal were off the rectangle, always the same schema i quited).
Edit: also dislike the Ignite physics, but well, it was the less bad FIFA from that generation. I prefers FIFA 11 and 14, the 13 i got good memories but it was probably because we did friendly tournaments and it was overally balanced.

But the 17 not so bad, i hated the rest especially the 15 which i scored the most goals from every angles, no inertia, the less "physics tooks in account" game i ever played, it was less difficult to score than in Super Sidekicks. PES 16 for others reason : shots overpowered, one strong shot > one goal.

Last edited:
Ho sorry i understood the opposite, that except 15,17,18 (and 20) you liked the rest. I wouldn't have mentioned my taste then.

16 and 19 were okay.... No in fact i didn't played as much. But the 17 not so bad, i hated the rest especially the 15 which i scored the most goals from every angles, no inertia, the less "physics tooks in account" game i ever played, it was less difficult to score than in Super Sidekicks. PES 16 for others reason : shots overpowered, one strong shot > one goal.
Ha ha no worries pal.
Yeah 15 can be easy on what you've mentioned,I play a really bad team so it doesn't really come up that often.
To be honest they aren't very good as stand alone games,but Vs 20+21,they're master pieces in my mind.
And I don't see them getting better either,we all know where the focus is for EA,and it's not realistic football

,but Vs 20+21,they're master pieces in my mind.
I rage quited the 20 after the feeling it gived to me. Too much space, no contact, the tactical defending at his worst.
In fact except in the old era, i never liked tactical defense, and basic defense is ineffective and... Even less entertaining.

It didn't stop me to score in the highest difficulty playing with low leagues teams from Sweden, Poland etc. on the 20. The 19 (i updated the post above) i didn't played as much. I buyed it for no reason neither, like the 20, but my memory is a bit more fresh regarding that version.

I remember very well now... The 17 was "promising" for a first try with the new engine a bit like PES 2014 but not mastered, i saw it as a "demo", and the 18 killed it.

All downhill since 16 for me. But while 17 was a dip, 18 was a plummet.

After my first game of 19 I was expecting Jeremy Beadle/Noel Edmonds/Ant and Dec to appear to tell me it was all a big joke. Nope.

I played a handful of games on 20 before realising it was no better.

Looks like I'm a good few weeks off 21. Sticking to my £5 limit. Someone on FB Marketplace was selling for £25 so one day. Although it seems it'll be purely for the collection.

All downhill since 16 for me. But while 17 was a dip, 18 was a plummet.

After my first game of 19 I was expecting Jeremy Beadle/Noel Edmonds/Ant and Dec to appear to tell me it was all a big joke. Nope.

I played a handful of games on 20 before realising it was no better.

Looks like I'm a good few weeks off 21. Sticking to my £5 limit. Someone on FB Marketplace was selling for £25 so one day. Although it seems it'll be purely for the collection.
Didn't buy any 21's this year.
Got Pes on game pass,if I play FIFA 21,it will be on EA play.
But after playing a lot of 20 ,can't imagine playing 21 more than a few games tbh.

Those are the ones I play on last gen,and on last gen FIFA gets worse by each release.
19 is absolutely unplayable,go back and try all with a fresh mindset.
I use to think 19 was ok,but played it the other day,so bad

I agree. I tried 19 yesterday evening and I was chocked about the CPU attacking approach in this game. No brain first touch spam all game long. Simply aweful. Physicality is so poorly implemented also. Almost no midfield play either.
If you try it after 20 it feels ok because it has some vestigial teammates AI. But coming from 16, it feels ridiculously robotic.
That's too bad cause I kind of like the ball physics and the players inertia.

Didn't buy any 21's this year.
Got Pes on game pass,if I play FIFA 21,it will be on EA play.
But after playing a lot of 20 ,can't imagine playing 21 more than a few games tbh.

I imagine I'll be the same. Doubt I'll ever play it to any discernable extent.

Got sucked into a Facebook debate yesterday. One of these footybantz account posted a video of someone flicking and tricking their way through defences on 21. The Mr Realistic brigade was out in force to defend it. The terms 'arcade' and 'simulation' are pretty subjective, but the fans' definitions were way off mine. Arcade is a little fast and ding dong, this cartoonish brand of freestyling-meets-football is way beyond that pale.

I agree. I tried 19 yesterday evening and I was chocked about the CPU attacking approach in this game. No brain first touch spam all game long. Simply aweful. Physicality is so poorly implemented also. Almost no midfield play either.
If you try it after 20 it feels ok because it has some vestigial teammates AI. But coming from 16, it feels ridiculously robotic.
That's too bad cause I kind of like the ball physics and the players inertia.
Exactly how I felt,I didn't remember 19 being so bad,but after a bunch of 20 games I tried it,and it's just awful,even worse than 20,by a big margin as well.
Just fw fw fw,hardly any sideways passing.
And 20 being bad,but this one...jeez

I imagine I'll be the same. Doubt I'll ever play it to any discernable extent.

Got sucked into a Facebook debate yesterday. One of these footybantz account posted a video of someone flicking and tricking their way through defences on 21. The Mr Realistic brigade was out in force to defend it. The terms 'arcade' and 'simulation' are pretty subjective, but the fans' definitions were way off mine. Arcade is a little fast and ding dong, this cartoonish brand of freestyling-meets-football is way beyond that pale.
Like seeing football acrobatic or whatever it's called, freestyle?
Mix that with a scooby Doo cartoon and you get FIFA 20/21
I agree that sim/arcade can be subjective,but this is beyond arcade.
Yeah always fun battling with the FIFA natives on YT/FB.
My guilty pleasure

if you are on ps5/or xbox which settings do you play? I'm also on 16 now but a bit searching for the right sliders and difficulty.

if you are on ps5/or xbox which settings do you play? I'm also on 16 now but a bit searching for the right sliders and difficulty.
Check my channel Joel!

FIFA16 vanilla disc version (1.00) PS5 full manual gameplay with slightly tweaked slider settings. Thanks @Tamer for the set! 👌

WC, slow, assisted.
Sprint 51/51
Acceleration 49/49
Shot Error 52/52
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 44/44
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 55/55
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 50/50
First Touch 55/70

I do play Professional difficulty. Slow game speed. Pass Error at 52.

Back
Top Bottom