FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I think at this time, complaining about FIFA's direction won't take us anywhere. We need to take an initiative. We need to support content creators such as @Matt10 and with enough support for simulation based channel, then we might get a trend following it. Even Madden community wants more simulation based game. I honestly feel like we can shift the direction because the majority of youtube audience can be swayed.

I'm sure EA could afford to get 1 guy to just work full time on a "simulation" football setting. Just tweaking existing values to reflect more actual football like modders do. But just to have someone do it 8 hours a day for a year, I'm sure it would make a world of difference.

I'm sure EA could afford to get 1 guy to just work full time on a "simulation" football setting. Just tweaking existing values to reflect more actual football like modders do. But just to have someone do it 8 hours a day for a year, I'm sure it would make a world of difference.

But the thing is, EA don't want to have too many simulation settings. They want FUT and offline mode to play the same so that eventually you will think: well, hey, I might as well go online (where you will undoubtedly give more money to EA). You have to think like a corporation.

But the thing is, EA don't want to have too many simulation settings. They want FUT and offline mode to play the same so that eventually you will think: well, hey, I might as well go online (where you will undoubtedly give more money to EA). You have to think like a corporation.
You can actually make the game play very differently by just editing the cl.ini file. You can enable all the experimental physics, like all the loco stuff, which gives momentum to players and take off all the "Dumb human AI" stuff they have there to create humanlike failures, that actually don't look or feel humanlike at all.

You can tweak reaction times, tendency to play quick balls forward, ball friction, dribbling etc.

I've been able to modify it to play a sort of proper football for every fifa from 16-19. Fifa 20 was broken with the "1on1" AI, and was beyond rescue though

I think at this time, complaining about FIFA's direction won't take us anywhere. We need to take an initiative. We need to support content creators such as @Matt10 and with enough support for simulation based channel, then we might get a trend following it. Even Madden community wants more simulation based game. I honestly feel like we can shift the direction because the majority of youtube audience can be swayed.

Thanks, mate. I seem to ponder too long on creating content versus just the sliders update once we're good with the version. Last year, I came out with one other FIFA video exposing a bug. I plan on doing more reviews, or situational topics related this year though. I need to just get out of my own "production" way and just record then upload versus trying to get graphics, etc, all nice and tidy.

First time posting here but has there ever been any mod for FIFA to address the unrealistic ice-skating/player movements? I'm primarily a PES player but I've been forever testing mods because of the horrible AI and can't settle on one. Is there any FIFA mod (link or a gameplay video) aimed at realism?

Guess we get to see how bad this is on Thursday

Perhaps sums up the recent state of the game when the question about the new version is "how bad is it?".

I've skipped it for a couple of years and don't really expect to buy this one either, but given the state of the AI and scripting in PES, I still have half an eye on FIFA2021 and my question is along the lines of "is it bearable or just plain awful?". I have no expectation of it being good.

Perhaps sums up the recent state of the game when the question about the new version is "how bad is it?".

I've skipped it for a couple of years and don't really expect to buy this one either, but given the state of the AI and scripting in PES, I still have half an eye on FIFA2021 and my question is along the lines of "is it bearable or just plain awful?". I have no expectation of it being good.
FIFA obviously isn’t perfect, but if we’re talking in a general sense, and if you add the right customisation into the mix (even just via sliders) I think you’ll enjoy it more than you think...especially if you’re disillusioned with the current state of PES. Again, it’s not perfect, but it’s nowhere near as tactically rigid and the AI isn’t as frustrating.

I enjoy FIFA 20,though it's a pretty bad game in terms of footplanting,how the ai "represents" football.
I think there's so many things being really bad in this game Vs what I'm use to see in a Pes game (how players run /pass /shoot etc)
But,I've played four season on a save,and the unpredictable outcome of shots/games is so much better than when I'm playing Pes.
It's sounds stupid saying a pretty crappy game is acctually really enjoyable and fun.
Give 20 a spin before deciding on whether you want to buy a full priced 21,if you have EA play,it's in your library
Hope that made sense.
And sorry for comparing games,but sometimes when explaining,it's needed

My post should probably be in the comparison thread, but hey.

For all the issues FIFA has (and there are many), I'd pick it over PES any day of the week when it comes to Career Mode. FIFA 20 is my least played FIFA in years (around 250 hours played), but I'll say this; PES 2021 dropped what, a few weeks ago? I played 20 hours of that and went back to FIFA for my offline fix. Yes, I went back to a game I wasn't even that much of a fan of in the first place because I still find it more enjoyable than Konami's offline offering.

FIFA will seem extremely janky in a lot of aspects (and for good reason) if you've been spending a lot of time with PES, but there is fun to be had.

I enjoy FIFA 20,though it's a pretty bad game in terms of footplanting,how the ai "represents" football.
I think there's so many things being really bad in this game Vs what I'm use to see in a Pes game (how players run /pass /shoot etc)
But,I've played four season on a save,and the unpredictable outcome of shots/games is so much better than when I'm playing Pes.
It's sounds stupid saying a pretty crappy game is acctually really enjoyable and fun.

Pretty much sums it up.

Last edited:

Oh dear.

It's not even the ball staying out of the net that annoys me, it's the movement in the penalty area. Players seem to take giant skating strides of about 6ft per step.

It's not even the ball staying out of the net that annoys me, it's the movement in the penalty area. Players seem to take giant skating strides of about 6ft per step.

It's movement you kinda expect to see in a game like football manager. It simulates all sorts of stuff in the background and there're just not enough animations to make it look real, but that's ok cause it's all about the background stuff, you're not actually playing it. But in a game that's meant to be played with gamepad in hand this kind of stuff has serious gameplay implications, it's not just "graphics". Fifa seems to be reaching a point where all you need to play the game is just the player radar. Ultra-responsiveness and ping pong passing makes it feel like you're just controlling the dots in the radar. The main graphics are just fluff. Like an unneeded layer of visualization of what's going on in the radar, rather than the other way around.

But anyway: The trial version is available for preload for those with EA play.

Last edited:
It's movement you kinda expect to see in a game like football manager. It simulates all sorts of stuff in the background and there're just not enough animations to make it look real, but that's ok cause it's all about the background stuff, you're not actually playing it. But in a game that's meant to be played with gamepad in hand this kind of stuff has serious gameplay implications, it's not just "graphics". Fifa seems to be reaching a point where all you need to play the game is just the player radar. Ultra-responsiveness and ping pong passing makes it feel like you're just controlling the dots in the radar. The main graphics are just fluff. Like an unneeded layer of visualization of what's going on in the radar, rather than the other way around.
Funny you say this, I thought EXACTLY that when one of the Career Mode guys did the "visual simulation" for a few matches. I think the movement you see on the radar, the movement of individual players, the lines etc. is great - and the Career Mode itself looks brilliant too, in terms of the layers of depth that are in there now (and the amount of buggy interactions they've fixed).

But then the gameplay looks absolutely dreadful because getting a player from A to B means they just have to ignore footplanting etc. to get him there. Just like it does in Football Manager, with players rotating on the spot like a ballerina, sliding around without even moving their legs, etc...

But then again - games like FIFA 16 had a decent tactical side, and didn't have the movement issues. So I don't think it's just a case of "they need more processing power to run a better animation system" or something.

(Well, maybe switching to Frostbite has meant a step backwards for consoles.)

so ..tonight.. it will be available only for EA PRO Member?
Yep.

It really seems to be worse than ever..
Players have literally no weight..

I know that dropping speed and acceleration down used to bring some sort of weight into them, but I dont know if thats possible here..
Also - it used to fuck the stamina up, big time.
The only way to judge it without playing it will be to wait for some slidered to bits gameplay on Slow Speed..
this default thing is not a football game.

Back
Top Bottom