FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yes! Because it's my best 11 and not the best 11 from Boring München. :D
cool, cool!
i take your squad, makes those 2 changes and play yours! :D not that boring for me, i'd say!

so bayern is boring to you. how come? is it the winning streak, the style of play, the players, the teams philosophy...? i'd really like to know! maybe we take that discussion to the appropriate thread, if you are interrested: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-evo-web-football-thoughts-blog.68803/unread

I can't stand that hectic animation while recieving the ball with lighting speed. are they reduced down?
To be fair i think its an improvement, i'm enjoying the game now on PS5 which im assuming has no caught up with PS4 - i have my own weird sliders to calm it down but my view on sliders is what feels right to me rather than trying to magically create a simulation

Also ive switched to manual select player which is helped a lot in defense. Auto and semi seemed to get all confused resulting in loads of space and gaps.

The other thing i have done which is more natural for me is swap r1 and L2 about - i seem to win more fouls now holding R2 when dribbling. Had 4 in one half today.

World class - full manual

Don't worry people..I'm sure that the racing and shooting games enthusiast developer lady and her team will do their best to deliver a very good game of football for Fifa 22 where midfielders have a brain and the developer team's priority won't be to make fuckin Burnley to play like Pep's Barca by adding things like Competitor Mode for offline...Until then just enjoy some shinny street basketball action in this year's title.
And still i went and bought it like a fuckin idiot myself..Hope's a bitch..

This game seriously needs an overhaul in every department to start feeling like a football game.From how the players look,feel and move,to ball behaviour,to tactics,to AI logic,to shitty set pieces mechanics (the worst one is when the cpu tries to cross the ball from a set piece and they always do this ridiculous animation that looks like they chip the ball despite the fact that the ball travels with 100mph and has nothing to do with the animation that is chosen for this action.You will never see a realistic animation in these situations where the player bends the ball with the inside of the foot like a Beckham cross for example,they always do this shitty chip shot one instead.Same with corners.They're all so samey and fake looking.) ,to everything basically.

From one side i hope they will improve this game overall eventually and make it feel like football so i will be able to have a decent alternative to play sometimes for a change instead of PES,which still shits all over this game imo just because of it's realistic flow and player feel/movement and animations/physics logic even with it's problems with collisions,awareness issues etc..but that's for an other discussion.
From the other side i want them not to change a thing and produce this same farce of a football(basketball really..) game and sink more and more deep in shit year after year.Even their cow milking online playerbase are starting to see and realize their shit..so the future will be interesting to see..

To be fair i think its an improvement, i'm enjoying the game now on PS5 which im assuming has no caught up with PS4 - i have my own weird sliders to calm it down but my view on sliders is what feels right to me rather than trying to magically create a simulation

Also ive switched to manual select player which is helped a lot in defense. Auto and semi seemed to get all confused resulting in loads of space and gaps.

The other thing i have done which is more natural for me is swap r1 and L2 about - i seem to win more fouls now holding R2 when dribbling. Had 4 in one half today.

World class - full manual
hey hitman!
any other positive gameplay realted changes coming with the latest update?

The latest patch to FIFA 21 nerfed some of the dribbling, made certain dribbling animations slower, and a few other things with a similar vibe.

The game feels a little slower in most situations, so it would seem that they've made a concession for casual gamers who have complained about the crazy (and sometimes physically impossible) speed that certain players have, especially when dribbling - we've all seen the hilarious videos that look like they're being played at 3x speed but they're not.

You could also call it a tiny step towards replicating actual football / human bodies, too. An absolutely tiny step, but it's something.

The response from the pro players etc.?

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!

"IT'S A GAME AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!! NO SKILL GAP ANY MORE!! MAKE FIFA GREAT AGAIN!!"

My biggest question is...

...why do these "it's only a game" and "ok mr realistic" guys hate real football so much?

I couldn't help but respond. Can't wait for the abuse. /s

Last edited:
The more I play the patched next-gen version, the more I think I could probably get used to it long-term and get some enjoyment out of it against the AI (which I haven't been able to do so far, it's been so awful since the last-gen release). DMs being spectators etc. is an impossible thing to look past, but I feel like the overall game balance is the best it's been since 18 maybe.

But the thing I want the most (out of any football game) is just for matches to feel different - instead of every team defending the same way (cos of course, if you introduce the 1v1 defending, then every team has to do 1v1 defending) - instead of being able to use the same moves against every team (they never go "ah, he's using the right wing a lot this season, let's prioritise blocking that channel today") - instead of individuality never really shining through.

I don't think that game has ever existed, and it feels so weird to me given the 20+ years I've been waiting...

The more I play the patched next-gen version, the more I think I could probably get used to it long-term and get some enjoyment out of it against the AI (which I haven't been able to do so far, it's been so awful since the last-gen release). DMs being spectators etc. is an impossible thing to look past, but I feel like the overall game balance is the best it's been since 18 maybe.

But the thing I want the most (out of any football game) is just for matches to feel different - instead of every team defending the same way (cos of course, if you introduce the 1v1 defending, then every team has to do 1v1 defending) - instead of being able to use the same moves against every team (they never go "ah, he's using the right wing a lot this season, let's prioritise blocking that channel today") - instead of individuality never really shining through.

I don't think that game has ever existed, and it feels so weird to me given the 20+ years I've been waiting...
you are aware, that some users words here in the forums are carrying a bit of weight?! ;)

i'll have a look at it again this weekend! :)

Good god man, you'll have me scoping the web for ps5 stock again if you carry on like this...!!

EA has made very little progress in New Generation gameplay. FIFA 22 the changes must be much bigger, at least I hope.

NG Gameplay

Off-ball humanization (Animation Tech)
Multi-Touchs (Animation Tech)

If this E-sports madness could delay, or was to come 10 years later than it did, I think you would get something close to your description, about blocking the right wing.

Taking in mind the selling points of previous years games, like Adaptive AI 12 years and 4 years ago, teamID & player ID 8 years ago, team DNA, realtealDNA, playerDNAor whatever it was called.

But now I can't see someone investing in adaptive AI (as you describe it). Can you imagine the backlash, if they dare to try to promote the above AI features, to a crowd of Orcs and Zombies, that only is screaming "SKILGAP", "1vs1", "AUTOBLOCKS ARE OP", "NERF DEFENDERS", "OK MR REALISTIC", "Messi/Salah sucks", "Only Pacey - 4*SM-4*WF".

I can't even imagine someone talking to that audience, and telling them about artificial intelligence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom