Football Manager 2009

I just got the 24/04/2009 update for this (from the weegie forum) and its crashing my game when it tries to start a new game loading the database...

Any ideas?

Right, those of you who visit the chatbox might know that I have been playing FM recently ;)). I am doing Jumbo's Bottom at Christmas challenge as Bolton.

Since taking over on the 13th December we have played 18 premiership matches and my record is as follows:

Played - 18
Won - 8
Drawn - 3
Lost - 7

This form, including the recent run of winning 4 of my last 5, has moved me up to 17th in the table with 3 games left for myself, everyone else has 2 games left. Though my game in hand is against Man Utd...

Stoke & Middlesbrough have just been confirmed as relegated, so there's just one spot left. Here's the current league table:

fm1.jpg

It's going to be very tight...

Right, those of you who visit the chatbox might know that I have been playing FM recently ;)). I am doing Jumbo's Bottom at Christmas challenge as Bolton.

Since taking over on the 13th December we have played 18 premiership matches and my record is as follows:

Played - 18
Won - 8
Drawn - 3
Lost - 7

This form, including the recent run of winning 4 of my last 5, has moved me up to 17th in the table with 3 games left for myself, everyone else has 2 games left. Though my game in hand is against Man Utd...

Stoke & Middlesbrough have just been confirmed as relegated, so there's just one spot left. Here's the current league table:

fm1.jpg

It's going to be very tight...

You don't say...:LMAO:
Nice one Tim...

Well done so far Timbo - If you don't get relegated that would be amazing Footy manager skillz Bro!

Hi Guys.

Just got the game last night. I then downloaded the latest Weegie update.

I loaded it up quickly to check but there was no Arshavin in the Arsenal Team.(It was 1am so I only had a quick look).

When I unzip the Weegie - there are two files - one has '...' three dots like that. The other says 'FM weegie' I put the later file in the 'db' section of my Football manager, is this right?

Do I have to do anything with the '...' file?

Sorry its been a while since I played Footy manager last :))

I haven't downloaded any previous updates, would that be a problem?

Thank you for your help in advance :DD

First off, you will also need to download the official SI patch 9.0.3 to make the latest FM WeeGiE work. You can download it HERE FOR PC.

The FM WeeGiE download should have been about 75MB, and I think the latest one is from the 24th April 09. When you have downloaded the rar file just extract it to your desktop, and now you should have a folder called FM WeeGiE.

Cut this folder and then go to "C:\Documents and Settings\BobsterTheLobster\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db" and paste it in there.

Now load FM and click start new game and then a box will pop up asking you which database you want to use. There should be a few choices, the FM WeeGiE update being the bottom one on the list, simply click that and then OK and then away you go!

Last edited:
Sounds obvious, BUT, when you clicked on start new game, did you select the FM WeeGiE database from the list that popped up?

Thats the thing - It didn't ask me? it just started loading up a database. I remember on Footy 2008 choosing it. But I thought because I didn't load it up before and just put the weegie in straight away, it may have just loaded the weegie up straight away without asking?

I think I read it that you can only install this using Steam once per code? I have already installed it on my computer with XP Pro, using Steam, but now I want to upgrade to W7 and use Steam on there. Do I have to uninstall it on the XP Pro machine for it to allow me to use Steam on the new W7, or will I never be able to use Steam again?

Yeah I understand it as you get 5 installs per CD key, but only 1 of which can be via Steam.

when I read steam - it says that you can play it anywhere. So when you log into steam you can then download the files onto another computer?

prem.png

:SHOCK: :DANCE: :BAND:

Wowsa!!! What a crazy 5 months that was! :DD Since the last update my next game was my game in hand against Man Utd, we actually took the lead, but lost 3-1. Next was away at Newcastle and we got absolutely smashed 5-1 - it was my fault I got it wrong. So on the final day I had to beat Wigan and hope that either Aston Villa, West Ham, West Brom or Hull didn't win.

I took an early lead and saw that Villa were losing to Arsenal already too. So at kick off I was going down, 5 mins in, Villa were going down. After 35mins Zaki equalised for Wigan: it was me going down again. Meanwhile, Arsenal had scored again at Villa, 0-2 there. Just 7 minutes after conceeding we bounced back with a quick fire double to go in at half time leading 3-1! Arsenal had scored a third too so Aston Villa were done, it was just whether we could hold our nerve and the win. Second half was much the same as the first with me domination and looking comfortable. Arsenal scored a 4th at Villa just for fun too by full time.

HOWEVER, having taken a lead at the City of Manchester stadium, West Ham shot themselves in the foot by scoring an own goal, (Dean Ashton of all people!). Man City took advantage of this and went on to win the game to save the blushes of Aston Villa, because West Ham now had less points than Villa! And in the Hull game, Hull were 1-0 up but Reid equalised for Blackburn to leave that finishing 1-1, and West Brom lost too.

So West Ham get relegated from the Premiership while Bolton, despite being bottom at Christmas, survive, and even finish 15th :)).

Last edited:
After six games I am top of the table. Here are the top 10:

1. Fulham 15
2. Boro 15
3. Liverpool 14
4. Man City 14
5. Tottenham 12
6. Arsenal 12
7. Man Utd 11
8. Newcastle 10
9. Sunderland 10
10. Portsmouth 10

I know it's early and I'm only on top by goal differential but it's just a good feeling to be up there. I have a couple of big matches in my next 2 games. Away to Man City and home to Boro. These are going to be tough.

transfers.png

Transfer window has just shut and that was my activity. 3 games into the new season and I have lost all 3. Though I have played Arsenal & Chelsea already! Beat MK Dons 3-1 in the Carling Cup and got Wolves in the next round. Maybe a cup run could be the highlight of this season...

Congrats on the amazing 2nd half of season Tim! Great escape!

In this most recent transfer screen, did Villa give you 8M Euros + Carew, Sidwell and Harewood to take Gary Cahill back to Birmingham!?

I started the Bolton challenge, played three games. Lost the first one to Portsmouth, but then adjusted my tactics and have managed to grind out two wins.

Congrats on the amazing 2nd half of season Tim! Great escape!

In this most recent transfer screen, did Villa give you 8M Euros + Carew, Sidwell and Harewood to take Gary Cahill back to Birmingham!?

Thats correct, except it was 8 million pounds!

Back
Top Bottom