Football Manager 2009

Argh! Desperate to get back playing FM... I *MUST* do it!!!

Is there a recent data update (end of this season) to bring me up to date please? (Oh and its for Mac if that matters).

Cheers FM'ers!

(Oh also, can you play a network game PC v Mac?)

Argh! Desperate to get back playing FM... I *MUST* do it!!!

Is there a recent data update (end of this season) to bring me up to date please? (Oh and its for Mac if that matters).

Cheers FM'ers!

(Oh also, can you play a network game PC v Mac?)

There was an update I think after the season ended (Weegie patch I think). I got an e-mail but didn't update it.

You can play network Mac v Pc - I played with some people on here and I was on a Mac and they were on Pc's :DD

There was an update I think after the season ended (Weegie patch I think). I got an e-mail but didn't update it.

You can play network Mac v Pc - I played with some people on here and I was on a Mac and they were on Pc's :DD

Cheers BobbyB!

If anyone has the link to the Weegie update, would appreciate it. Dont wanna register at his site just to download it!

FM Weegie said:
29/05/09 - *OUT NOW*

Welcome to the FM WeeGiE Update based on the 9.0.3 database for Football Manager 2009, this will focus on all real life changes that happened post release of the official Sports Interactive patch.

FM WeeGiE Fix List

General

- Latest transfers & loans (loans 3 months+ only)
- Released players
- Latest Retirements
- Player Contracts
- Manager changes
- Manager contracts
- Staff changes
- Staff contracts
- Deceased players removed
- Board Changes & Takeovers

Summer Changes

- Promotions & Relegations completed for England & Scotland
- Updated final league positions for all playable English clubs
- Done English cup winners for 09 plus Champions League & UEFA Cup.
- Started updating European participants for 09/10*
- Updated all new kits for 09/10 season to end of May 09
- Updated stadium capacity changes & moves worldwide
- Updated competition names for 09/10 season

* Due to the Champions League, UEFA Cup & Intertoto Cup being hardcoded for the 08/09 season we are using the teams who qualified for 09/10 and the format for 08/09, The UEFA Cup is now called Europa League & Intertoto Cup is now called Europa League Qualifiying in this update.

PLEASE NOTE THAT POINTS DEDUCTIONS ARE HARD CODED AND CANNOT BE REMOVED, WE RECCOMMEND DOWNLOADING A SAVE GAME EDITOR SUCH AS FMRTE FROM HERE. FM WEEGIE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF GAME USING THIS 3RD PARTY TOOL.

Other Changes

- Removed all expired bans from database up to end of June 09
- Removed all expired retirements from database up to end of June 09
- Removed all old future transfers up to the end of June 09 and moved players to their new clubs
- Removed all expired loans worldwide till June 09
- Removed all old injures from database up to end of April 09 for all playable English & Scottish clubs plus the top leagues in France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal & U.S.A, and starting removing ones from other countries*

* We are working through the database and will be removing more of these.

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/shp106/FM_WeeGiE.rar

FINISHED DOWNLOADING?

Please post general feedback Here and we will take everything on board for further releases.

Please post data issues Here so we can correct them for future releases.
:))

Boulogne hire Scaglione as a manager.

I'm in Ligue 2 and am expected to get relegated. But I'm certain that I will finish in the top half of the table.

This is my squad

My transfers

My current results

Last edited:

Cheers Tim, didnt see this! (found it in the end).

Bloody addicted to FM again now! Its like 1992 all over again :(

Paul Ince at Watford - mid-table, but about to be taken over by an Arab with £35m for transfers! Lovely stuff...

Getting seriously into this again, got Tranmere promoted via the playoffs (what should have happened in real life, beating Scunthorpe in the final like we should have done on the last day of the season in real life as well, freaky).

The debts are mounting; getting promoted ended up cancelling out the current debt but the money is still going down and down, and because I'm £5k over my wage budget (I can't help myself, we need decent players for God's sake) relegation would kill us. Current form is W0D1L2.

In the first season we got Hull in the league cup first round, we had all the possession and twice as many shots (which is mental) but then they beat us with a header in the 93rd minute. The board hated me for going out so early, but in this second season we got Everton - and managed to draw 1-1 and win on penalties. I was made up obviously, but is it only me who thinks that in the cups the AI goes mental? If I get a League One or League Two side next they're odds-on to beat me, why does the AI have this thing for letting the underdogs win cup games, nearly all of the time?

(Although I notice it only happens in your matches, every time I get a "shock" cup result it's the only one of the round...)

Just gone by to post this weird screen:

queraio.png

It says "Former player Luca Tonolli decided to retire from football at the age of seventeen" wtf??

i downloaded an update with new leagues to try and get newcastle back up, it doesnt really work cos you can keep most players but in first game i played scunthorpe and lost 1-0 after having 29 shots to their 4... can't really be bothered to go back to that edition of the game iwth the million shots no goals against weaker clubs!

Yeah Paddy, after talking about my Carling Cup success with Tranmere above they can't beat anybody in the league, even though 90% of the highlights are mine. Constant attacks, shot after shot, then the other team get a chance after 60 minutes of the game and... Oh look, they've scored.

It's one of those games, I get majorly addicted to it even knowing how shit it is. Reminds me of the hardcore CPU cheating you got in the older Pro Evos where you knew when you were going to lose no matter what you did, but for some reason you kept playing it thinking the next game would be different...

Chris, I think you just need to adjust things. I am about to finish the 2016/2017 season and I just won the Europa League with Fulham. Looks like I'll finish 5th or 6th in the league depending on the result in the last match. YOu can when against lower teams. But I do struggle with them as well.

Also it looks like a fans' spokesman is going to dedicate a statue to me at Craven Cottage because of the Europa League win.

2009/2010 season is now over and i failed in the last 5/6 games of the season conceding my first spot to Inter and then in the last round losing to atalanta which gave AC my second spot,brilliant simply brilliant..
So here is the final Serie A table:

class0910.png

I could have done a lot better, i really wanted the scudetto this season and i had a team for it..
Still won some awards, got the best defender award (David Luiz) and best league scorer (Hulk).
In the Coppa de Italia direction wanted me to reach the Quarter-Finals but i surpasses that goal and got to the final were a super-hyper retarded Inter who won 2-1 with a goal in the 90+4 minutes of the game not playing a damn rats arse during the 90 minutes.. FM isn't fair to me in this save. -.-'
In the Europa i lost to PSG in the 2nd round of qualification with results of 1-1 away and 2-2 at home, they got through with goals, pretty retarded. At least the trophy came to Italy since Udinese won against Atleti 2-1.
Speaking on Italians and finals, AC reached quarters but lost to the team that eventually won the CL, Barcelona. Even though i would much rather prefer to see Juventus in place of AC...

But this season it will be different, Juventus finally got their finances back and they are stable so i can make some "upgrades" in the team and specially prepare myself for this years player departure, since Nedved, Legrottaglie, Del Piero, C. Zanetti and maybe Camoranesi are going to retire from football, but i have huge talents, which i bough in the beginning of this game, to replace every single one of these players so not a big deal.
Well im going to play a bit more and im going to do an update in the half of the 1st round. Hope this year things run smoother.

Just bought the game on Steam but I haven't been asked to update the game, is it already in the game file that I downloaded?

EDIT: Never mind, just started a new game and it says 9.3 update.

EDIT: Started a game with Spurs and I've got no money to spend, is this normal?

Last edited:
Ah, OK. I don't really need to buy anyone right now.

I didn't get off to the best starts in my first season, one win in eight I think it was. I changed and tweaked my formation since then and went on a nice unbeaten run beating Man U and Chelski in the process.

However I've got clubs tapping up my players left right and centre, I bought Alou Diarra for £7million but I need a replacement for Jenas, I've sold him to Villa for £10million. I've had a bid accepted for VDV (who isn't getting any games) but he isn't interested.

I've got £18million in the bank, any suggestions?

Tobi - a couple of good young players you should have no problems signing.

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse). A really good midfielder, will cost about £6m and is capable of playing in the Premier League straight away.

Razvan Ochirosii (Steaua). I got him on my network game with Stu and he was just awesome. 18 year old left winger, really cheap, settles in quickly and will increase in value if you have to sell him on.

If you need any other suggestions just say :)

Tobi - a couple of good young players you should have no problems signing.

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse). A really good midfielder, will cost about £6m and is capable of playing in the Premier League straight away.

Razvan Ochirosii (Steaua). I got him on my network game with Stu and he was just awesome. 18 year old left winger, really cheap, settles in quickly and will increase in value if you have to sell him on.

If you need any other suggestions just say :)

Thanks for the players, I missed your post though because I've got Matty Fernandez wrapped up for £13million.

I'll note them down though for when I start a game with Villereal soon, cheers.

@Young, in FM 08 I bought Carlos Vela from Arsenal for £74million, my Roma squad was superb. Hunting season became are regular feature in Rome. :))

Has anyone seen something like this before?

dossantos.jpg

It seems very random, especially considering that I'm not training into a new position.

EDIT: I'm pretty happy with my first season considering the terrible start I had. I got to the Carling Cup Semi Final (lost to those Gooners :SHAKE:) and I won the Uefa Cup. JD and Keano were very disappointing during the season and I'm going to get rid of both asap. I've also been given a new contract :)

I've signed Jack Rodwell, Daniel Sturridge and Victor Manuel De La Rosa (free transfer, scout found him, touted as the next David Villa) so far during the pre season.

endofseason02.jpg

endofseason04.jpg

mancityfm.jpg

:COAT:

Last edited:
That Dos Santos thing is from when he was trying to learn a new "preferred move", but obviously failed.

Season 2010/2011 is ON!!!

This year (and as a reward from the past 2 seasons) i was given a large budget for transfers (41 Million) since in the last couple of seasons i only spent like 20/30 Million in both and now our finances are recovered and we are more then stable again.
After this prize was given to me i went on a journey for some youngsters for my youth team (i just love it, i can always find some nice ones) and with that prepare my future either financially by building them and then selling for the double/tripe of the price or for backup/first team product.
As i said made some transfers, some pretty huge and i now have an expectation of Winning Serie A even if the minimum is to get to the CL.

Pre-Season was only for me to test which formation worked better, and those experiments reflected in the results:

pre112121seasona131.png

But right after that i faced Inter in the Supercup against Inter..
Won 3-2 in the extra time hard game but Inter were awful (its either that or Juventus was just brilliant) we controlled them ll game except for the errors in the goals, both were pretty stupid. But i won and that's what matters.

So the season starts pretty well and i made all the transfers i wanted (finally!) and have all the fronts covered with hot Italian prospects.
The Squadra Azurra from 2 years from now will surely have 5/6 Juventus players, no doubt.

Serie A started too and in my first game i demised Genoa 3-1 pretty easy game to be fair and away from home, so its a nice way to start the season.

I will update in December and hope to be Winter champion with a 10 point margin to the Second placed. Lol

Ciao!

Just out of curiosity is the PSP version of FM 09 identical to the PC versions with what you can do and the database etc, I know the 3D screen isn't in (I prefer 2D anyway) so other than that whats missing?

The PSP version is quite cut down and the engine (which you only see when a goal goes in) winds me up. It's not very good. Saying that it's the best handheld manager game for those who haven't got a laptop so...

It lacks depth though compared to the proper game and you just end up wishing you were playing the proper game. The only reason I ever bought a PSP was to play a football management game on the go and they've all been pretty poor so far.

Back
Top Bottom