Football Manager 2011

How do I update the Steam version?

If you start a new game, the game asks you wish version you want to use...to my knowledge that is how you update your version...i think it doesn't work for ongoing games (but if i'm not mistaken, that was never the case...).

Took awhile but finally got the mega-face pack and its 80,000 faces!! Almost out of hard drive space now lol... only have a Gig free...

I'm also trying to download this huge face pack... but actually I'm a bit unsure about the file... I'm not really familiar with computers at all... so I thought to ask here

usph_75613328_.jpg

Do the files have look like those? Can I continue to download or is something wrong? Any answer would be highly appreciated!

I just was confused. I never see such a computer file and just wondering :CONFUSE: and it take me hours to download part 1 ... so I felt to ask if everything is okay =)

Seems like you're on right track buddy. Yes each part is huge even on its own. But it's so worth it.

So continue to download all of them one by one and then you'll need 7-zip program to unzip them.

Coming to the end of the 2016/17 season. After a mediocre start we have really picked up and now unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions, winning 10 of those. That has propelled us to 3rd in the Premiership and in the Semi Final of the Europa League against Arsenal. Just played the first leg of that at my place and won 2-1 so set up nicely for the second leg. It's been a good season.

I'm coming to the end of the 2017/18 season. I've won the Carling Cup and the league with 3 matches left. I just finished beating Real Madrid in the semis of the CL 2-1. I play Man U in the final.

Wow awesome! Well done B! I just beat Arsenal 4-2 on aggregate in the Europa League Semi Final, now into the Final against Chelsea!

Thanks Tim and hopefully you win that match. I'm at a crossroads right now. I've won everything I can at Fulham so I'm a little bored there now. But Fulham is all I have ever known since playing FM and my new stadium is finished. What should I do guys?

If you are bored, try an "exotic" league.
I had a very refreshing experience in the Argentinian league, it's totally different because we hardly know the players...i had the luck to play the Coppa Libertadores....that is great.

Something i was thinking to do is try a Russian club, they are the future giants of European football...

I lost the Europa League final 2-0. We didn't do ourselves justice. New season is going well, I'm 2nd with a game in hand after 7 games played. Lost the Champions League playoff match so am in the Europa League again. Beat Udinese and drew at Villarreal so far. AEK Athens is the other team.

Finished the World Cup qualifying group, we finished bloody 2nd, so are in the playoffs. Was 3-1 at Serbia and they managed to lose 5-3. Then totally bummed Wales at home but only scored 1 and they equalized in the 88th minute. Last match was Malta and I dropped Theo Walcott for Danny Welbeck, who scored 4 and we won 7-0. The playoff game is against Greece...

Well into my 4th season now with Rodos, so far have claimed the Division B title in promotion, 2nd season (first season in Superleague) won the double, 3rd season retained the title again. I did reach the semi’s of the Greek Cup but was playing a lot of fringe players and lost heavily to Olympiakos (think around 6-1 or 6-2 on aggregrate). In CL we came 3rd to Porto and Schalke, pipping Ruben Kazin for Europa League spot, unfortunately got hit with Arsenal in the first qualifying round, got beat 5-2 on aggregate.

Ready to kick off the 2013-2014 season now, won my own annual Friendly Tournament for the first time (on 3rd attempt) by defeating Wolves in pk’s after a 1-1 draw and then beating Lyon 2-1 in the final with 2 goals from Michalis Pavlis. Have managed to bring in some quality now, have Muniesa for centre half, Steven Defour in midfield and also Sandro as a defensive midfielder. Tried to resign Luis Perea as back-up, but after being released and a little breakdown in contract talks I lost him to Reggina. Maybe need one more centre half as cover as I am looking at switching to a 3-5-2 formation and dropping the idea of full-backs (just sold Paulo Ferriera).

Can’t remember the teams, but have a half decent draw in the CL which might give me a chance.

FD.

Yea Charlton is a good one Becanes. It would also be great if you tried the Argentinian or Brazilian League. Myself conquered the World with Santos once!

I tried to start a new Charlton save and I could not get into it. So I went back to coninuing my Fulham save. I just can't stay away from Fulham. Still in the off season so we will see if I can get into actually playing matches.

Keep going with your Fulham B!

I started a new save with Braga recently after a long time absence. Let's see if I can break the Big 3 dominance.

Just hit 2018 in my Aston Villa save and we are kinda broke! :ANX:

Think the new chairman who took over a few years ago has fucked things up. I can't keep my current players as I can't offer them good enough deals! Could be an interesting next 6 months...

With England, we finished 2nd in our World Cup Qualifying group, so had to go into the playoffs. We got drawn against Greece, away first. Went there and I dunno what happened but we bloody lost 5-2. I wasn't happy. In the return leg I dropped Walcott and decided to start Welbeck. We won 5-0 and Welbeck got a hat trick! :DD

Taking a break from my Spurs game and started a new game with Dortmund, I've got a transfer budget of £198k.

Challenge accepted.

Just knocked Man Utd out of the Europa League 2nd KO round after an 8-3 aggregate win :)). Lost 3-2 at Old Trafford and then smashed them 6-0 at Villa Park. This will be my 8th and final season at Villa.

Is anyone here into llm and fallow the (sometimes strict) guidelines? No tipping, bragging and no cheating?

Wouldn't that completely alter the atypical Football Manager ethos of winning the league every year with a team that would never ever replicate that achievement in real life.

I don't play the game enough to attempt to follow such rules but quite frankly it sounds like a great idea having read the rules (not even just for lower league teams). The only real rule i follow to get some joy out of football manager is to not sign obvious wonderkids because quite frankly what is the point. It makes an already easy game too easy and totally unrewarding. Part of me wishes that FM would quit resting on their laurels and install some kind of difficulty mode to make the game more challenging. The only thing you can do now is overtly follow your own guidelines to make the game harder which is harder to follow than you might think and it is problematic in LAN matches.

Last edited:
Yep, I think they should pretty much do away with visible player attributes, making you have to rely on your own knowledge and the ingame scouting to find players to sign.

It's currently too easy to just scour the game for bargain players when you can easily find out exactly how good they are in all areas either instantly or after scouting them a couple of times.

The coach/scout reports that indicate the quality of the player as well as their strengths/weaknesses and mental character should be the main form of viewing a player IMO. It'd make having better staff, especially the assistant much more important.

Back
Top Bottom