Football Manager 2011

By the way, any idea, how I can change the COLOR the attribute number is shown so if it's 15 or higher, it's a different colour. Because I definitely regard 15 as a top attribute and would like it to be a little more easily visible/stand out to eye without having to pay as much attention.

What I've done is a long long time ago bro. Anyway, thanks I appreciate your help.

What season are you in now? You must be making history for the club! And are you a real life Fulham fan? Or have you turned into one kinda because of your game with them?

p.s. Off-topic, See Dempsey's opening goal against Bolton couple days ago? :P

I'm in Sept. 2017. I'm a club icon. My reputation is World Class. My description is Talented Manager. I've won the FA Cup 3 times, the Carling Cup 1 time and the league 1 time. PLayed in the final of the CL once and lost to Real Madrid on penalties. I've been manager of the year twice.

I became a fan of Fulham when Coleman was their manager and they had Brian McBride and Dempsey and a couple of other Americans. It was like an American team for me so I started following them. Before that I like Man U and I still do.

I missed Dempsey's goal. I think I have the game recorded so I'll make sure to check it out.

By the way, any idea, how I can change the COLOR the attribute number is shown so if it's 15 or higher, it's a different colour. Because I definitely regard 15 as a top attribute and would like it to be a little more easily visible/stand out to eye without having to pay as much attention.

I can't access the site right now but if you go to SIGAMES forums, then go to the Skinning sub forum you should be able to find a thread on changing the attribute colors.

You should go to My Documents->Sports Interactive->Football Manager 2011->Skins->skin name->Settings-> and open xml file where is written the skin name (for example jbf11settings.xml (open it with notepad)-> finally you will see the profile attribute colours.
You can change them, try something nice and play. :))

Thanks guys.

Took awhile but finally got the mega-face pack and its 80,000 faces!! Almost out of hard drive space now lol... only have a Gig free...

And have been playing game insanely for the past 3 days lol. Like good old days, addiction is certainly back!

Must say too, the game is brilliant! A lot of the areas I wanted to see improvements on have gotten the overhaul they needed (Such as the training part which is what I spent virtually the whole day on yesterday giving every player their unique individual training schedule/instructions based on what I want them to do to fit into my squad and get playing time) so having skipped the last few versions more or less, I'm very happy with what I see and am experiencing.

Los Rojiblancos back to the TOP!!!

Yeah I'm really impressed bro. I mean the training, the tactics, the constant and continuous interaction with your players, all very real now and gets you as involved as I always wanted to be with my input but previously was unable to.

p.s. off-topic, Nice goal by Dempsey that was, you checked it out right? wasn't it? ;) And yah I certainly remember that Fulham side a few years back with all the Americans. Bocanegra was one of them too and Eddie Johnson I think was purchased by them as well though never to this day has got much playing time.

Ashley Young has thrown a complete hissy fit about us underachieving slightly this season, and I said I agree and we need to rally around and sort it out but he said I wouldn't keep my promise!? Dull fucker. Dropped him to the reserves and he can rot there until his contract expires.

I'm using a new 4-3-3 formation too, could be seen as a 4-5-1 also, it's 4 at the back, 3 midfielders, 1 is advanced playmaker, and the other 2 are central midfielders, then two wingers in their correct position between midfield and attack, and 1 striker in the middle. It's working very well so far. I've got 3 very good passers in the midfield 3 and they are keeping the ball and tearing opposition defences apart.

Yeah I'm really impressed bro. I mean the training, the tactics, the constant and continuous interaction with your players, all very real now and gets you as involved as I always wanted to be with my input but previously was unable to.

p.s. off-topic, Nice goal by Dempsey that was, you checked it out right? wasn't it? ;) And yah I certainly remember that Fulham side a few years back with all the Americans. Bocanegra was one of them too and Eddie Johnson I think was purchased by them as well though never to this day has got much playing time.

Yeah I saw it. It was a beauty. He's doing very well for an American striker/midfielder in England. Just hope we can start producing those regularly.

Yeah Bocanegra was with them too. And Eddie Johnson was a 1 hit wonder basically.

Tim, nice change of tactics. I personally like 2 upfront but that works for me. I'm still sticking to a 4-4-2. Glad to see you are adapting your tactics to your team.

Thanks mate. When I took over Villa they always said we were amongst the poorest passers in the league. Now with my signings, we are amongst the best. Just had my hard run of matches:

Aston Villa 0-2 Arsenal
Man City 1-0 Aston Villa
Chelsea 1-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 3-0 Liverpool

Quite happy with that and I would have taken 6 points from those 12 if offered before playing them. The Liverpool win was impressive as they were unbeaten in their 6 previous matches and hadn't conceded a goal in the previous 5!

Nice job there. I'm currently on a 35 match unbeaten run in the EPL. I've qualified for the 1st knockout round of the CL with 2 matches left in the group stage. I'm in the 5th round of the Carling Cup with mostly playing my youngsters. I'm top of the league but only by 1 pt.

35 matches unbeaten on the Premiership?! :CONFUSE:

What team talk do you use mostly?

It varies. I use expect to win a lot. You can win tonight. Those are pregame. Halftime if my team is playing the way I expected I use none. You have faith to people that have scored. Sometimes show encouragement.

You're a f'n monster dude!! lol 35 matches unbeaten!!?! How many wins?

You're killing it!

I mostly use For the Fans, with Pick up where you left off on those that will take it, and expect a performance to those with superb morale. I think I need to use the Expect a Win a lot more, do you use it away from home too?

Playing away at Hoffenheim in the 1st KO round of the Champions League. We've just totally bottled it, and are losing 3-0. Gutted.

I mostly use For the Fans, with Pick up where you left off on those that will take it, and expect a performance to those with superb morale. I think I need to use the Expect a Win a lot more, do you use it away from home too?

I use it away from home if the odds are heavily in my favor. I use decimal odds since I just don't understand it the other way. So for example, if it looks like this:
Birmingham City: 5.00 Draw: 3.00 Fulham: 1.67(Fav)
then I would say expect a win.

I hardly use for the fans unless I'm playing against London clubs, my rivals or in the final of a cup.

Oh right ok, so do you mainly use Expect A Win and You Can Win? Do you do individual ones for certain players? i.e. If a player has low morale, or if a striker is on a goal drought.

Oh right ok, so do you mainly use Expect A Win and You Can Win? Do you do individual ones for certain players? i.e. If a player has low morale, or if a striker is on a goal drought.

Yes I mainly use those but that's because the odds favor me mostly. I do individual ones for certain players. I'll go down the list and anyone that I can change to expect you to pick up where you left off, I'll change it. My morale is usually good or better. Looking at my starting 11 right now (all youngsters for the Carling Cup) everyone has superb morale except 2. 1 is very good and 1 is ok. If a striker is on a goal drought then I will do no pressure or have faith.

So if the odds were against you what would you use? Sometimes against the "bigger" teams, like in that run when I played Chelsea & Liverpool I used Wish Luck and we won. I guess you have to find the right balance between getting your expectations across, but not making players too nervous or pressured.

So if the odds were against you what would you use? Sometimes against the "bigger" teams, like in that run when I played Chelsea & Liverpool I used Wish Luck and we won. I guess you have to find the right balance between getting your expectations across, but not making players too nervous or pressured.

If it was Chelsea: 1.67 Draw: 3.00 Fulham: 4.00 I would say wish luck. Anything worse for Fulham and I would say no pressure. If the odds were closer but still in Chelsea's favor then I would probably say you can win. Also, you need to look at the personalities of your players. I try to find professional, determined, ambitious players. They will react a lot better to certain team talks I use like expect a win. My new thing now is to also look for players with high determination stats.

Cool thanks mate. Yeah I've got quite a lot of players with high determination, they react a lot better to going a goal down that other players would.

Haha, maybe once I've moved into my new house in August we could sort one out, but mainly I just play at work whilst I'm out and about so no network access!

Currently playing away at Blackburn in the FA Cup, we were favourites so I said You Can Win, and did Pick Up Where You Left Off on those that would take it...

That sounds good. I figure we can do a slow network one. Play one match a week, probably on the weekends or something. I have a computer that I could probably just leave on all the time and it could be the dedicated server.

Hopefully you win that match.

We took the lead, but drew 1-1! So a replay back at Villa Park, then Wolves for the winner in the semi final.

Next up was the 2nd leg of the Champions League, 0-3 down. We played well and created loads of chances, 0-0 after 70 mins and I pretty much gave up. We then scored after 75 mins, a lifeline, then after 80 minutes we get a corner and Buitron heads it in. We had 2 more clear cut chances after that up to the 90th minute and didn't score any, I thought it was all over. Then in the 93rd minute Ashley Young, who has just got over his unhappiness managed to bundle one in!!! 3-3, we'd got it back level. Now in Extra Time and we're still playing well, players are totally knackered though! HT ET still 3-3 aggregate.

Yet more chances missed and Hoffenheim hit us on the break and grabbed a goal. FT 3-4 aggregate. We had 32 bloody shots and 6 clear cut chances :((.

Back
Top Bottom