Football Manager 2011

My injury woes continue. I had a young striker banging them in. He had 7 goals in 7 matches. Then he gets hurt and is out for 5 months. This time it was my fault. He got hurt in a reserve match. I forgot to take him out of the reserver matches. I have also lost 2 of my top 3 central defenders. I can't believe I am 2nd in the table now and have won 8 matches straight.

Martin Skrtl is on fire for me, he's scored 18 goals already this season :LOL:. We are in March!

I've told you before, FM isn't unrealistic like other games! Skrtl is quality in the air, and I have very good corner takers. I send all corners to the near post and tell Skrtl to attack the near post. The better teams have cottoned into it and mark the near post more, but he's so good he scores anyway most of the time. I've also played quite a few weaker teams in Europe too who he just bullies out the way, or there is non existent marking on him for free headers.

Montpellier Herault are currently 4th in league 1.
After my dazzling start of 12 consecutive matches without a loss, i did loose 4-0 against Napoli in the Euro League. And lost in the ligue cup against St-Etienne. Until now still unbeaten in ligue 1, but i seem to have problems winning in away matches, even against relegation teams.
Next match is against leaders l' OM in Marseille.
We are overachieving considering all the injuries i have. All injuries in matches, at the moment i just have 3 midfield players, so i'm obliged to play 4-3-3. I expect a loss in Marseille... all the injuries are not realistic...

I've told you before, FM isn't unrealistic like other games! Skrtl is quality in the air, and I have very good corner takers. I send all corners to the near post and tell Skrtl to attack the near post. The better teams have cottoned into it and mark the near post more, but he's so good he scores anyway most of the time. I've also played quite a few weaker teams in Europe too who he just bullies out the way, or there is non existent marking on him for free headers.
That's still very unrealistic.

Skrtel has only scored 3 goals in well over 100 appearances for Liverpool...

Season 3 is drawing to a close and we are currently 7th in the Premiership, won the Carling Cup so already qualified for next seasons Europa League. Got the to 2nd KO round of this seasons Europa League but Inter undone us over the 2 legs, only lost 1-0 at theirs, but was 4-2 at Villa Park. In the Semi Final of the FA Cup against Arsenal which is the next match, then 3 very winnable Premiership matches to end the season.

Good to hear Tim.

With all my injury woes my season isn't looking too bad so far. It's Feb. 13th and we are 2nd in the table 1 point behind Man City. And we beat them 3-0 recently. I have the best defense in the league only conceding 11 goals in 27 matches. I have the 3rd best goal scoring, scoring 51 in 27 matches. And that's despite all my striker injury issues. Not sure how we are doing it. My GD is +40 tied at top of the league with Man City. I guess we are going to the wire with this league battle. I play Zenit in the first knockout round of the CL (next match). And I'm into the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Montpellier are in the knock-out stage of the Euro Ligue.
We were in a tough group with Leverkusen, Napoli and Ajax.
Won the first match against Leverkusen with 3-0. Then a 4-1 defeat in Napoli. A 1-1 draw in Amsterdam against Ajax and a 2-0 win home against the Dutch side.
Then came what was for me the decisive game at Leverkusen: lost that match 2-1.
With only a home game against Napoli wo had won all their matches (and Leverkusen against 4th Ajax) i had given up. It turms out that Napoli (already qualified played with a B team) and i won 3-0 while Leverkusen lost.
Playing a B-side Napoli was somewhat of an anti-climax, but a very realistic touch (because that is what any Italian team would do IRL).
Currently second in Ligue 1. Lille are leaders and Montpellier are trailing by 5 points, but Lyon, PSG and OM are one point behind Montpellier...

It certainl looks good if you know i did only one transfer, and Iraqi player called Nashrat Akram (who is injured for the rest of the season) and had to transfer two of my best players: Koïta to Juventus and Yang Mbia to Olympique Lyonnais.

But with all the injuries, the small squad and the fact that the club directors don't want any incoming transfers i'm facing a rather hopeless task...I really like FM11, but there are too many financial restrictions to do transfers...and it's not that i'm targeting world class players...

But still i'm mightily enjoying this game.

Big away match against Real Madrid in the first leg of the quarterfinals in the CL.

Lost 3-0

Back in our place, I beat them 3-1. Obviously not good enough to move on to the next round, but my guys showed some heart and I really thought we would pull it out.

Last edited:
With regards to the Skrtal guy it is a bug in FM, if you get your defender to do something whilst hitting corners in a certain way you CB will score loads of goals.

Raphaél Varane for Roma:
Apps Goals
1 2
33 25
36 24
36 25
33 16

Jose Fonte for Southampton:
46 18

It is normal for a defender to score loads.

Just beat Man City in the semis of the FA Cup. And now I get Man U in the final. YAY!!!!! :(

Time for the run in, in the league. If I win my last 5 league matches then I will left the trophy.

League Table:

1. Fulham - 69 for - 14 against - 84 pts
2. Man City - 64 for - 14 against - 83 pts
3. Arsenal - 73 for - 33 against - 74 pts

Fixtures

Fulham - Man U(A), Arsenal(H), Blackburn(H), Chelsea(A), Everton(H)
Man City - Chelsea(A), Everton(H), Aston Villa(H), Nottm Forest(A), West Ham(H)

Man City have the easier matches.

Last edited:
I drew with Chelsea and Everton while Man City drew one of their matches. That was enough for me to win the league by 2 pts. I scored 82 and conceded 20. Best scoring and 2nd best defense. Then I went on the crush Man U in the FA Cup 6-0. We jumped on them from the start and wouldn't let up. So I pulled the double and was name manager of the year. Also I became a club icon. And we are getting a new stadium. Unfortunately they didn't name it after me. :(

Well done Fulham. :D

My Rodos first season in the greek division after capturing the Division B title, I managed to win the double.

It was a bit of a pain, because the computer crashed at the end of the season so I had to restart it, but I had actually been beaten in the semis by AEK quite heavily. I had won the league, however I wasn't going to throw the game so just got on with it and I beat AEK over the two legs and beat Xanthi 3-1 AET.

Now I go into the CL group stage.

Only problem I have is financially, whilst my chairman has a lot of money the club is losing money hand over fist, therefore I'm not sure what income might become available for next season.

Don't want to sell any of my stars, but maybe it might be required.

FD

Montpellier is currently 4th in Ligue 1.
In the mid-season transfer window i lost one player (RB Bocaly to Roma for 7 million Euro) and acquired one (Chilean AMF Carlos Villanueva for 1,2 million).

Still have lots of injuries and suspensions, but i have another problem. I still don't grasp what to do about reserves matches. In my last match i had two defenders suspended and the rest of them could not play because they played with the reserves while i never gave permission to field them...i'm pretty sure i did something wrong. I had to play with two midfielders as SB and was very lucky not to loose that match (2-2 draw, my 15 the consecutive match withoult losing).

PS: congratulations to Rhodos and Fulham, well done.

I think mate you should've just put them in your 1st team squad if you didn't want them to take part in the reserve game.

I ran into a problem one game when I only had 1 fit goalie and the 2 youth players I had were already playing that day and were ineligible.

FD

I've always loved FM but it just takes too much of your time.

Finished exams couple days ago though and am willing and going to give this one more chance before I decide it takes too much time from social life, etc. :P

So can anybody quickly remind me what files I had to delete/download to make sure REAL German and Holland National team players are out there when you start game and not random fake ones ... and also what to do so competitions have real names instead of Euro Cup instead of Europa league let's say...

Finally, by now there must be some great MEGA packs out there not just for faces but kits/logos, etc.

Can anybody gimme links to best/most complete ones?

I'd really appreciate it.

Trying to get started but of course this little minor stuff has to be done first.

I've always loved FM but it just takes too much of your time.

Finished exams couple days ago though and am willing and going to give this one more chance before I decide it takes too much time from social life, etc. :P

So can anybody quickly remind me what files I had to delete/download to make sure REAL German and Holland National team players are out there when you start game and not random fake ones ... and also what to do so competitions have real names instead of Euro Cup instead of Europa league let's say...

Finally, by now there must be some great MEGA packs out there not just for faces but kits/logos, etc.

Can anybody gimme links to best/most complete ones?

I'd really appreciate it.

Trying to get started but of course this little minor stuff has to be done first.

PLF, check this thread out on sortitoutsi.net http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/forum-17/announcement-30-how-to-enhance-your-fm-gaming-experience/

And Check page 4 of this thread that we are in.

No problem PLF. I appreciate everything you've done in the PES community.

I'm still Fulham manager. Doubt I'll ever manage anyone but Fulham unless I pull the triple.

What I've done is a long long time ago bro. Anyway, thanks I appreciate your help.

What season are you in now? You must be making history for the club! And are you a real life Fulham fan? Or have you turned into one kinda because of your game with them?

p.s. Off-topic, See Dempsey's opening goal against Bolton couple days ago? :P

Back
Top Bottom