Football Manager 2011

Wow, that's pretty impressive Becanes! A domestic Cup double is by no means easy. Hats off to you.

My game is going pretty well as Villa. We've only lost 3 games in all competitions so far all season. 6th in the Premiership with a game in hand and should go 4th. In the Carling Cup Quarter Final v Doncaster, and qualified from the Europa League group with 2 games to spare.

I sacked Gary McAllister and got in a really good assistant manager from Germany, he's proving to be a great help and we're doing great. At one point we won 8 games in a row, the club record is 9!

Wow, that's pretty impressive Becanes! A domestic Cup double is by no means easy. Hats off to you.

My game is going pretty well as Villa. We've only lost 3 games in all competitions so far all season. 6th in the Premiership with a game in hand and should go 4th. In the Carling Cup Quarter Final v Doncaster, and qualified from the Europa League group with 2 games to spare.

I sacked Gary McAllister and got in a really good assistant manager from Germany, he's proving to be a great help and we're doing great. At one point we won 8 games in a row, the club record is 9!

Wow Tim. You are doing a great job. You should be on your way to the semis of the Carling Cup. I probably need a new Ass Man too. Not sure what I want to look for though. I'm stuggling find players to sign in the off season.

Just won Serie A in my second year as Napoli's manager. Beat Inter both times, and won the title by 2 points. I only won it 'cause I got trounced from the CL in the group stage, and Only won the first round of the Italian cup. I got an offer from Roma as well, but turned it down. I would only leave for a Top Spanish club (Atleti, Sevilla, Valencia) at this time.

Bilbao are getting relegated, so I'm looking to get Mikel San Jose and Javi Martinez not Llorente, I am well covered up front with Cavani and Christian Benitez, who came on a free transfer from Mexico.

I might also splash some cash for Bochetti, defense is getting old.

Nice! I did indeed beat Doncaster 3-1 in the Carling Cup QF and move into the Semi Finals against Newcastle, who are 19th in the Prem. Very winnable and I expect to be in the final.

Europa League draw was OK, we got Catania in the 1st Knockout Round, and then either PSV or Galatasary if we get through in the 2nd Knockout Round.

5th in the Premiership, 5 points clear of Man Utd who are 6th, and next game against Liverpool who are 4th! This season we've beaten Man Utd, Arsenal and now Chelsea too! Crazy stuff. Chelsea match we just got very lucky, and a Bent hat trick gave us a 3-2 win.

I'm currently third with Montpellier. I haven't lost a single match since i took over.
Won the last Ligue 1 match against Nancy with 5-0 (which is an exceptional score).
Since 3 or 4 games after the match the opponents' manager is full of praise about the football my team plays.
Next match is against Leverkusen in the Euro League, which will be my first loss.

I have a problem with injuries. Player after player gets injured in my match against Nancy i lost two players and had only four on the bench...i'm pretty sure that things will go downhill from now on but i did enjoy all the praize i must say (former Montpellier player Leblanc was also full of praize for my team)...

Does this happens frequently? In all the years i've been playing this game, this is the first time i experience this. Is it a new feature?

No I've saw this in earlier versions too with ex-players etc praising you and your team.

My Rodos team won the Greek Division B and am now promoted to Superleague.

Unfortunately I don't have any money and couldn't pay major wages to players. Managed to get a few deals for players on a future payments scheme. Happy with the squad, no-one of any real note bought, a lot of younger guys.

FD

Has anyone else noticed that the game gets easier and easier as the years go by, due to very poor AI and stupid decisions made by the computer.

Been at Roma for 6 seasons and have just had my first immortal season in the league.

I'm in season 2015/2016. My CL group insists of Samdoria, Lyon and Rapid Buc. I was handed a tough group. But I've won all 3 games so far and I lead the group by 5 pts. I'm 2nd in the league behind Man U by 1 pt.

Played what i thought would be my first defeat: against Leverkusen in the Euro League.
Scored after two minutes and waltzed over Leverkusen: 3-0.

After the match a got two messages about the fans: one says that the fans dson't care much about this victory, the other says that they are over the moon.

Yeah, I've had that. The first one is from the spokesperson for the fan club who basically says it's a great win, but don't get carried away. And the second is just the general fans reaction to the last game.

Just lost to bloody Tottenham twice, (2nd time FA Cup), who are top of the league. We are still a solid 6th as it stands, and closer to 4th than 7th. Playing home v Man Utd at the mo and we've just taken the lead, 1-0...

Full Time...

1-0 :BY:

Last edited:
Good job Timothy.

Does anyone else have Romelu Lukaku and does he get injured for you a lot? He seems to get injured a lot for my side. It's always in a match. Like the other team is targeting him or something.

Last edited:
At the moment he's i,jured IRL too...now that i think of it...that's very realistic. Last year he also had an injury.
He's a boy in a grown man's body...

Gotcha. He's gotten injured for me 7 times in the past 2 seasons. I need him on the pitch. But I did just bring in a wonderkid striker this season so now I have some legitimate backup.

Just got to the Final of the Carling Cup after demolishing Newcastle 5-0 on aggregate in the Semi Finals :)). Will play Sunderland in the Final.

6th in the League after 26 games.

Well, got knocked out of the Europa League by Catania 4-3 on aggregate. They won their home leg 3-1. I'm still inexperienced in Europe and believe next year I will set up differently in away ties. The Carling Cup final was next and in truth it was a pretty poor game, but we dominated and lead 1-0 from 20 mins, also missing a penalty. Then Sunderland equalised in the 88th minute. We'd had our chances and I thought we'd blown it. It went to extra time and we grabbed a goal from a corner, nice header from Skrtl, who I signed. He's scored 12 goals this season! After that we managed to hang on for the win! Man of the match was the Greek playmaker I signed, Ninis. After that we had scrappy wins over Arsenal and Birmingham and West Brom and I got named Manager of the Month. We are currently 4th in the Premiership after 31 games played.

Well we were expected to actually get to the 2nd Knockout Round, but the board understand why we were knocked out by Catania. I think that's probably because in the first season when we were in the EL, I got to the 2nd KO round.

34 games played and I'm 4th! 1 point clear of Liverpool in 5th, next up is Chelsea at home who are 3rd! It's so tight. We are guaranteed Europa League football at least next season after winning the Carling Cup so that does take some pressure off.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 counter against Chelsea, slightly deep, narrow and slow. They took the lead but it's 1-1 after Delfouneso equalised straight away. I dropped Agbonlahor and gave Delfouneso a start after his recent form.

Well we were expected to actually get to the 2nd Knockout Round, but the board understand why we were knocked out by Catania. I think that's probably because in the first season when we were in the EL, I got to the 2nd KO round.

34 games played and I'm 4th! 1 point clear of Liverpool in 5th, next up is Chelsea at home who are 3rd! It's so tight. We are guaranteed Europa League football at least next season after winning the Carling Cup so that does take some pressure off.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 counter against Chelsea, slightly deep, narrow and slow. They took the lead but it's 1-1 after Delfouneso equalised straight away. I dropped Agbonlahor and gave Delfouneso a start after his recent form.

Wow. Good luck.

I finally made it to the CL Semis in my fourth year with Napoli. All mighty Barcelona loom. I am out of the Serie A race, 3rd place but 12 points back of first place Inter. Cavani is 3 goals clear of Capocannoniere in front of Pato.

Hamsik, Gargano and Javi Martinez are my three midfielders in a 4-3-3.

Maggio and Lavezzi wide in the trident, while Cavani spearheads it.

My defense is Ezequiel Munoz, Bocchetti, Zuniga and Dossena.

I will just try to out Muscle Barca off the ball and go quickly on counters. This is my shot to win it, if we beat Barca it's either Spurs or Marseille in the final, which is nothing compared to Barca.

PERTENOPEL!!!!!

Thanks mate. Could you post a screenshot of your formation?

I drew 1-1 with Chelsea, bonus point really, I was expecting to lose. It's going to be VERY close for the 4th spot. Looks like it's going to be between me, Chelsea and Arsenal. With Man Utd & Liverpool being outsiders for it. But Man Utd have to play Arsenal and Chelsea still. I have to play Liverpool. 3 games left and I'm 4th on goal difference only to Chelsea, and 1 point clear of Arsenal who are 5th.

I've just entered the Jan. transfer window. I'm sitting 3rd in the table, 4 pts back of Tottenham with a game in hand. Just beat Burnley in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Finished top of my CL group and somehow drew Inter in the first knockout rd of the CL. I lost in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup to Man City with my B team. My board didn't care about the Carling Cup so I played my youngsters from the reserves. They put up a good fight actually and I only lost 2-1. I'm trying the pick up a wonderkid MC in the transfew window but he has no interest in joining my team. I'm still working on him though. If I don't get him, I might go for another wonderkid ML. I love getting youngsters. I think I have a problem with that. The average age of my team is 23.

LOL. anyhoo...Had a tough 2 game stretch. Away to Tottenham (1st at the time) and I beat them 1-3. At home to Man City (1st at the time) and I beat them 2-1. Still in 3rd though but closing in on the leaders.

Man City are too strong in my game. They always beat me by 2 or 3 goals and have over 20 shots to my 2. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd I actually have decent games with, but Man City are just too good.

They've just won the Premiership in my game :LOL:. 2 games left to go in the season...

Screenshot2011-03-31at130354.png

And the remaining two fixtures are:

Screenshot2011-03-31at125628.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot2011-03-31at125659.png

It's getting very tasty! I just smashed Wolves 5-0 at their place too, fans were pretty happy :DD.

Last edited:
I dunno if you can beat Chelsea to 3rd place with the remaining fixtures left. You think you can do it? For that matter maybe not in Arsenal. They both seem to have the easier matches left.

Back
Top Bottom