Football Manager 2011

Just started off and am sitting top of the Superleague at the moment.

Just played Larissa who were sitting top with 4 out of 4 wins and ahead of me on GD. I was at home and beat them 7-0. :D

Whilst the team last year had a lot of loan players, I don't have any this time. Have a lot of young players and have a few older players like Sylvinho (was there from last season), Jankalovski, Gronkjaer, still have another couple of players who I'm moving on though Patrick Muller, Choutos, Lakis.

One of my striker Ahmed Khalil has started like a house on fire with goals. Started off pretty slowly last season chipping in a few goals, but his start has been incredible and think he must be into double figures after only 5 games.

FD

Well, the season has finished...

Screenshot2011-03-31at142401.png

Us, Arsenal & Chelsea won our last 2 games so no change!

And I have just been named Manager of the Year :)).

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Could you post a screenshot of your formation?

I drew 1-1 with Chelsea, bonus point really, I was expecting to lose. It's going to be VERY close for the 4th spot. Looks like it's going to be between me, Chelsea and Arsenal. With Man Utd & Liverpool being outsiders for it. But Man Utd have to play Arsenal and Chelsea still. I have to play Liverpool. 3 games left and I'm 4th on goal difference only to Chelsea, and 1 point clear of Arsenal who are 5th.

Here is my formation against Inter, the second Serie A game of the season.

z7rTa.jpg

I set Javi Martinez and Gargano to defensive mindset, and Hamsik as Playmaker with offensive mindset. My team pretty much runs through him. He then looks to get it wide to Maggio to cross to Cavani, or for Lavezzi to dribble inside (he is set as inside forward) and try to either get a shot or play with Cavani. I let Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi to take shots at will, they are pretty good.

BTW lost to Barca at home and away in the CL. Lost the Italian cup final as well. To be honest, I wasn't that upset, I hadn't been given much money. I got alot of money this season though, I was able to get Criscito, Curci, some young prospects and got rid of some old guys.

I think I can win Serie A, that will be my goal. In the CL I got Bayern, Tottenham, and Groningen. Not easy.

Last edited:
Ah cool, very nice :)).

I just got approached by Lazio, but turned them down as they will only be in Europa League next season. My Villa squad I've put together is miles better than them too. I got signing of the season for getting Yury Zhirkov on a free, and Ninis the greek playmaker I signed a year and a half ago finished with the most assists in the Premiership.

I've always thought about applying for an international job, have never done it in FM.

Think I might wait and see if the Greece job comes up and try that out.

FD

Lost the Champions League qualifier 2-0 to Dynamo Kiev :((. We go into the Europa League groups though and have been drawn an easy group so should progress.

Only signed 2 players in the summer despite being given £40M budget! Got David Silva from Man City for £3M and had agreed to sign Leo, an 18 year old wonderkid from Brazil. The deal was agreed 2 years ago so he's now joined, put him in the U18s and reserves and he's scored 8 or 9 goals in about 5 games. He might get a chance in the first team soon actually. Start of the new Premiership and we've lost to Blackburn and Chelsea, but beaten Man Utd.

Ah cool, very nice :)).

I just got approached by Lazio, but turned them down as they will only be in Europa League next season. My Villa squad I've put together is miles better than them too. I got signing of the season for getting Yury Zhirkov on a free, and Ninis the greek playmaker I signed a year and a half ago finished with the most assists in the Premiership.

Tempted to bring in Ninis for my Newcastle side. Had him shortlisted for the past 6 months.

Not really been following the thread, or your game, so not sure what season you are in. How has Ninis developed if you're a few seasons in?

He's been superb since I bought him 2 and a half years ago. I play him as an Advanced Playmaker with attack duty in a 4-4-2. He also takes corners!

What during the game? Do you have music?

I know the sounds you need to goto the preferences and click on the play sounds box.

FD

Lost the Champions League qualifier 2-0 to Dynamo Kiev :((. We go into the Europa League groups though and have been drawn an easy group so should progress.

Only signed 2 players in the summer despite being given £40M budget! Got David Silva from Man City for £3M and had agreed to sign Leo, an 18 year old wonderkid from Brazil. The deal was agreed 2 years ago so he's now joined, put him in the U18s and reserves and he's scored 8 or 9 goals in about 5 games. He might get a chance in the first team soon actually. Start of the new Premiership and we've lost to Blackburn and Chelsea, but beaten Man Utd.

Say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Guess someone else will have to answer that one then as:-

1. I didn't know FM had music in the background.

2. If you mean your own music playing in the background, then it might be your computer as if you don't click play sounds you don't get any sounds and if you were playing your own music you'd hear it.

FD

Say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Yeah! Mental innit. Mourinho obviously don't like him as he never played him and transfer listed him!

Just knocked Arsenal out of the Carling Cup 3-0. The wonderkind Leo scored 2 :)).

I've been knocked out by Inter in the first knockout round of the CL. I was knocked out of the semis of the FA Cup by Arsenal. I am 1st in the league by 2pts with 3 matches left. I have to win the league.

anyone got this bug, i withdrew a player from the national team and now he no longer recieves call ups

I'm looking to start this up again with a mate

Any tips on how to play this game?

Do you use different formations home and away or do you just do them in real time during matches or do both?

Aarrgghhh :BRICK:. We've just suddenly starting playing really shit :((. Losing to Wigan and other shit teams.

I think I'm going to try a new formation. Not sure what though...

You think you need to change your formation? I personally wouldn't. I would try to play more defensive and grind out draws and results. And try to get your player's morales up through private chats.

Well, I kept with the 4-4-2 and went to counter mentality, quite deep, narrow and slow and we ground out a few 1-0 and 2-1s, so that was good. Now I move it between counter and standard, and very rigid and rigid, and also the deepness, speed and width depending on opposition and how we are playing :)).

We are in the final of the Carling Cup again, against Tottenham though this year, beating Arsenal & Man City on the way. Just beaten Werder Bremen in the Europa League first knockout round too! Got Inter in the next round though :LOL:. Going well in the FA Cup too, beat Watford, Huddersfield and Norwich and now got Wolves in the Quarter Finals.

Good man. Just started my new season and the board only game me $4.5 million for transfers. Needless to say I didn't really bring anyone end. I did bring in a stud (I think) MC in the summer transfer window but that was with funds from last season.

Lukaku is out again with injury. He got it on international duty. He has been out 3 times in the last 2 months. Not sure what to do with him.

Now another one of my srikers has been injured on international duty. Lukaku is out for 3 months and Melo is out for 5 months. Going to be a long season.

Let me get this down so I have a record of it. I'm 3rd in the table on Oct 15th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom