Forza Motorsport 3

Re: Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360)

I'm definitely getting this :D.

Aye, me too. I'll settle for sunbathing though ;)).

8 cars? ***? that si bloody terrible. that can be a deal breaker for me.

what the hell is wrong with these guys? 8 players in a racing game = fail.

if you want to create a simulater, one place to look at is the racing grid count! when have you ever watched a real race with 8 cars on the starting grid?

Is xbox live really that limited in terms of network code? Most xbox games have low player count whilst the PS3 can handle a large number of player count lag free!

im not making this thread into a 360 vs ps3 but its soo blatent that the xbox live network is rubbish when it comes to actual online MP.

I mean come on, why do most 360 games still use P2P????????

Guess i will stick with gtr evo and rfactor for a proper true racing experience online and hope and wait for GT5 to come out as i can at least expect 16 player racing just like GT5p.

terrible to have 8 players. gutted and a posisble deal breaker for me:thumbsdow:mad:

A complete guess but maybe the reason Xbox servers don't have player numbers as big as the PS3 is the fact you pay xbox a set subscription and they then set up the servers on behalf of the devs. Maybe they work it out so everyone gets treated the same with the same servers to avoid arguments. Why should game A get a better server with a higher player count than game B?

On the PS3 if someone wants to run a game online then they have to pay for their own servers and run them themselves. So if they want a 32 or 64 or in MAG's case 256 player server then it's up to them to pay the extra to keep it running.

Yea so whats wrong with devs hosting there own servers for games? i think they honesly cant do so on the xbox live network unless im mistaken? i have heard rumours that having your own server costs an arm and a leg because it has to be intergrated with xbox lives features correctly.

Still a shame that even now, most 360 games can only cater for a maximum of 16 players at most on fps games. Probably would never ever see a proper racing sim on a 360 or a proper battlefield game on the 360 too :( such a shame as i was relaly looking forward to this game.

The rain thing is what annoys me, 8 racers per race is fine, you usually only have about 4-5 that are in any way decent anyway, the rest are either making up the numbers or busy playing bumper cars.

No active weather in the races is what will make it less of a sim rather than the car count. PGR4 had amazing weather effects and not only just visual either, so why cant Turn10 manage the same 3 years later? :(

Agreed, the effects in PGR4 are stunning and when I played it I'd think "at least Forza 3 will have weather effects like this".

I wonder if Gran Turismo will have weather though, I'm guessing it won't...?

JM's link says:

While the 8-car limit was something many gamers complained about, these missing features really put the new Forza title behind in their duel with Gran Turismo as GT5 has been confirmed to include all these features

But I've never read anything that to confirm that.

JM's link says:

While the 8-car limit was something many gamers complained about, these missing features really put the new Forza title behind in their duel with Gran Turismo as GT5 has been confirmed to include all these features

But I've never read anything that to confirm that.

well someone high up the ranks in GT posted a rumour or some kind of hint about weather effects, 800 cars, full damage and clan support. the guy apparently works for PD and so couldnt actualy say GT5 has weather effects.

if it does have it along with full damage and a higher player count then i think GT5 will be better then this game.

Rally is definetly confirmed in GT5 though from E3. Because GT5 has no release date and no deadline, they can make GT5 alot better then forza 3. my only worry is that GT5 may not come out before forza 5 ;)

Whoever said that GT is for graphic whores and Forza is for racing whores is right imo. Can't remember who said it though.

Though most of Forza's praise in this thread has been 'wow graphics!'

Sure, the graphics look a lot better than last year. But it's all the car tuning, designing etc that wins it for me.

well one thing forza has over GT is designing(pointless feature imo and never bothered with it in forza 2, i JUST WANT TO RACE). in terms of raw gameplay and car tuning, their about the same imo

Nah, Forza is miles ahead, (no pun intended :LOL:). And the designing side is absolutely brilliant. Being able to customise your car's look exactly how you want it is insane!

I have to agree GT seems to be still in the PS1 days

come on guys . Forza 3 will be best sim in history. GT is on old engine and simple no chance with F3.
You mean best console racing sim?;) could be but unlike some fanboys here, i have an open mind about both games:))

:LMAO: You're clearly biased towards GT mate.
Yea i am a person who is biased towards GT having not owned a single GT title in my lifetime but owning forza 2:APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Your post is a legend i tell ya. Nice one :LMAO: Almost made me believed that you was serious in that post LOL nice one

I hate the 'feel' of GT. I can't really explain it but... driving your car around feels like steering a concrete block around a race track with gravel thrown over it.

You've explained it pretty perfectly. The cars aren't tuned to be race cars, so when you try and turn a corner, it's like you can only turn the wheel 90 degrees one way or the other.

I always believed that was more realistic than Forza but when I started my driving lessons years ago, I came back, played GT for five minutes and thought "this is total rubbish".

Saying that, it's not like I've driven a racing car, and it's not like I didn't get bored of Forza's pitiful offering of tracks after a week. At least Prologue was SUPPOSED to be a cut-down version of the game...

i have not played gt5p but i have played GT4 on my ps2 and thougth it was shit. too hard to handle and drive :(

forza 2 got me into racing games

Nah, Forza is miles ahead, (no pun intended :LOL:).

How'd you figure that?

I'm not exactly a fan of the GT series anymore, after 2 it just wasn't the same, have you ever played GT2? It had as many if not more car tuning options than Forza 2 did. It was mental the tuning you could do in that game for that era, it was also surprisingly in the same vein as Forza 3, coming on two discs due to the content. GT2 was a quality game back in the day and Forza wouldn't have been the same without it. I remember spending hours tuning a 93 Civic Vtec to try and beat a mate of mine, ah those were the days when you had more time than sense. :D

The only thing Forza has over it was the custom paintjobs and more in depth after market aesthetic parts...

How'd you figure that?

I'm not exactly a fan of the GT series anymore, after 2 it just wasn't the same, have you ever played GT2? It had as many if not more car tuning options than Forza 2 did. It was mental the tuning you could do in that game for that era, it was also surprisingly in the same vein as Forza 3, coming on two discs due to the content. GT2 was a quality game back in the day and Forza wouldn't have been the same without it. I remember spending hours tuning a 93 Civic Vtec to try and beat a mate of mine, ah those were the days when you had more time than sense. :D

The only thing Forza has over it was the custom paintjobs and more in depth after market aesthetic parts...

he figured that out because his a fanboy of course;) he is clearly biased towards this game. he doesn't have an open mind about racing sims and will assume that forza 3 will automatically be better than gt5:APPLAUD:.

like i said before, this guy is a true legend

Last edited:

It's pretty poor to be honest. Big let down. Stick to Forza mate it's much better :TU:.

Back
Top Bottom