[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

RDR2 on PC, what a crapy game. It is half story game and half openworld game, but not both together. The gameplay and the controls with keyboard and mouse are so complicated shitty. Plus the graphic bugs and other bugs.

If someone make a story telling wildwest game like Tarrantino spaghetti western movies which it makes much better then Rockstar, please call me and I give it a chance.

I've been having bit of craic with Conan Exiles. Still very early and still dont have much clue whats going on, but its fun nonetheless.
Wish there was an option to zoom out the camera a bit, or fight in 1pp and for some reason my ps4 version doesnt have mickeys in it, so I cant run around swinging my dong happily, but ragdoll physics is the bomb. Love how crocs roll over into the river after I batter them.. :LOL:

PS4 :
Days Gone

PC :
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Final Fantasy 15
Scum
Escape From Tarkov
Oooh... apart from FF15 - very similar taste!
Cant wait till they port Scum to consoles, altho my beard will probably go full grey by then. Was talking to Tomislav, creative director of Scum. He seems to have a very cool vision for the game. Unfortunately they wont start porting it until PC version is complete.
Consoles are really lacking in this department. As fun as Dayz is to play - its a mess. Funny mess, but a mess.

As for DayZ, I don't know how you can even play it on a console, the server I play on is running 17 different mods - To improve all aspects of the game.
To be completely honest with you - it was only thanks to my mates, as we have great craic together, even if we are hunting bears for 3 hours..
There's very little to do there on consoles. Base building is dreadful, cars are all over the shop, small selection of items and weapons..
But its very difficult to find a good game on console with dedicated servers, that would let us play together, but not necessary at the same time.
Most crafting/survival games are single or co-op only. If host is not on - you cant play.
Ark was a bit of clusterfuck and full-on grind, in RdR2 clan was only active when Leader was on..
You are right - consoles dont have many MMOs. Hence why we are trying Conan now.
I do hope that with next gen those options will expand.

But I do recommend trying Scum again. Seems like they came a long way since early beginnings. And they do have a lot of cool ideas. As it stands - its only at version 0.5 and yet it already looks much more stable and polished than Dayz after so many years.

Edit: where did your post go? :LOL:

GTA 6,some 2k,and started and turned off RDR2,can't get in to that gam,to much of a life SIM (which is weird since I love Kingdome come deliverance) don't need to have to watch my weight/shave/freeze/too warm in my video games as well.

And had a few hrs of Alien isolation.
Waiting for Thursday so I can DL FIFA 21 from EA play,just to delete that crap instantly!

don't need to have to watch my weight/shave/freeze/too warm in my video games as well.
I think you are looking bit too much into it. I pretty much ignored the whole lot. Never changed clothes, rarely ate, looked like a Hobo. Never affected me much.
I wish it did, I wouldnt mind proper survival elements to it, but its all mainly cosmetics.
Its not like Kingdom Come where if you dont sleep - you'll fall unconscious.
Its a slow burner, but fantastic story.
You should stick with it.

Here you go @Carles P. …. Just a quick one I took 3 weeks ago to show my friends what I’m doing these days.

it’s just a first try of a POV Video. I strapped my GoPro under my chin with a simple string… very amateurish but it got the job done, I guess.
i am getting there. Learning new stuff every day. Love it.

edit: between that video and now, I think I got better in driving. Focusing on trail braking and car setups now.

Can't beat a bit of Brands Hatch. I've been there to watch British Superbikes a couple of times.

What PC specs did you go for in the end? I got AC on steam last year but my pc struggles with it.

I think you are looking bit too much into it. I pretty much ignored the whole lot. Never changed clothes, rarely ate, looked like a Hobo. Never affected me much.
I wish it did, I wouldnt mind proper survival elements to it, but its all mainly cosmetics.
Its not like Kingdom Come where if you dont sleep - you'll fall unconscious.
Its a slow burner, but fantastic story.
You should stick with it.
Yeah I know mate,but something holds me back,the story doesn't really grip me.
But I know If continue I'll be hooked on it,I know it's a great game.
Loved RDR,gonna finish GTA 5 completely and maybe dive in again

Can't beat a bit of Brands Hatch. I've been there to watch British Superbikes a couple of times.

What PC specs did you go for in the end? I got AC on steam last year but my pc struggles with it.
yeah. Really like the track.
Sadly I had to push that PC project towards next year, when the market gets (hopefully) a bit more grounded. I’m playing on PS5 at the moment.

To be completely honest with you - it was only thanks to my mates, as we have great craic together, even if we are hunting bears for 3 hours..
There's very little to do there on consoles. Base building is dreadful, cars are all over the shop, small selection of items and weapons..
But its very difficult to find a good game on console with dedicated servers, that would let us play together, but not necessary at the same time.
Most crafting/survival games are single or co-op only. If host is not on - you cant play.
Ark was a bit of clusterfuck and full-on grind, in RdR2 clan was only active when Leader was on..
You are right - consoles dont have many MMOs. Hence why we are trying Conan now.
I do hope that with next gen those options will expand.

But I do recommend trying Scum again. Seems like they came a long way since early beginnings. And they do have a lot of cool ideas. As it stands - its only at version 0.5 and yet it already looks much more stable and polished than Dayz after so many years.

Edit: where did your post go? :LOL:

I deleted my post.
DayZ was at is best when it was the Epoch Mod for Arma 2.
The standalone was so buggy at release and by the time it became semi playable, everyone had moved on.
During it's peak, millions played DayZ Epoch every day and the amount of mods for the game with AI drops and missions made it different and incredibly fun - As the vanilla game once you been alive an hour then it was incredibly easy to survive after that point.

I will probably give SCUM another go, as completed all the current bosses and biomes in Valheim, so just waiting for more content to be released.
Although PC has hundreds of survival games, there is probably only a hand full worth playing.

Last edited:
I'm now playing a bit of world of warships legends. No idea what i'm doing exactly but it sure is fun blasting your cannons at enemy ships.

I'm sure there is a ton of tactics involved but i basically sail around and shoot at anything that moves.

Let’s bring TOCA back!!!
Aren’t there rumors about a possible new TOCA?! I think I read something... but I’m not sure.
Great Game,remember Crash physics being awesome,imagine a ps/Xbox version at 60-120 FPS.
Yeah hopefully it's coming back.
Aren't EA (worst company in the world) making F1 next time?
Maybe an opening to back to a TOCA for codemasters

Call of the sea
The Evil Within.
Liked the Evil,weird and cool story,a bit crappy to control,also it pretty much looks like a 360/PS3 game.

Been really hooked to FM but back to PES again. I'm saving money to soon buy a steering wheel, don't have a clue about racing games (or racing in general to be completely honest) but Assetto Corza or F1 look like a ton of fun! They're quite expensive though :CRY:

Been really hooked to FM but back to PES again. I'm saving money to soon buy a steering wheel, don't have a clue about racing games (or racing in general to be completely honest) but Assetto Corza or F1 look like a ton of fun! They're quite expensive though :CRY:
Hey ryudek,

I’m new to this genre as well but if you have any questions I’m glad to help!
Check out my tread here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/diy-simracing-rig-a-2021-covid-project.85764/

I learned a lot along the way... and I mean A LOT!! One tip: if you have a budget in mind, double it! :LOL:

Later.

I've been playing the amazing game Overlord, how many memories!

overlord-02.png

You might not like this although I personally think it's better than 7.

I am going to give it a miss for now.
Couple of reasons, main one being Resi 7 wasn't great and the PC version is an absolute mess at the moment.
It seems they have done a straight port from the console, but the PC has many graphical settings broken like AA + for the only game on PC, they have left the Ray Tracing at 1/4 resolution which is unheard of on PC.
There are also certain scenes on PC where even on a top card it goes down to 25FPS, but in other scenes in 4K will run at 120FPS and be over double being produced on console.

So by the time they fix the performance issues, the PC version should be under £20 then I will buy.

I revisited GTS last Tuesday.
Loaded the Nordschleife to have a drive with the AMG Mercedes and I was hit hard... not by traffic or guardrails but from the gameplay itself.
Boy oh boy... when I first commented at GTplanet how I felt about the game, after some weeks of ACC, I had a different feeling. Now, a few more weeks into sim racing (ACC), GTS now feels so freaking arcady! Really, I was driving like a madman, more rally style than GT3, and the game did not punish me for doing so. Cutting curbs, sliding, full throttle, full brakes, oversteer and understeer... I was all over the place and I am not enjoying this anymore (as I did before).

ACC really is what I like right now, getting to know more and more about Motorsport, about driving technics, about really driving a sports car!! I love it.

Sure, as GT is like a friend who’s with me for so long, I’ll buy GT7 most probably. But I think I’ve fallen for the real deal, aka SimRacing!
Just saying. You guys stay safe and have a good day!

Edit: never thought I’d say this, but what else can I do than being honest?! It’s just my personal preference atm!
:)
don’t wanna sound harsh.

I'm nearly the end of P5 Royal I think (154h). I guess I am nearly there, though it feels I have another 20h. Started again GTA V SP after many years and I'm also back to Cyberpunk 2077.

I revisited GTS last Tuesday.
Loaded the Nordschleife to have a drive with the AMG Mercedes and I was hit hard... not by traffic or guardrails but from the gameplay itself.
Boy oh boy... when I first commented at GTplanet how I felt about the game, after some weeks of ACC, I had a different feeling. Now, a few more weeks into sim racing (ACC), GTS now feels so freaking arcady! Really, I was driving like a madman, more rally style than GT3, and the game did not punish me for doing so. Cutting curbs, sliding, full throttle, full brakes, oversteer and understeer... I was all over the place and I am not enjoying this anymore (as I did before).

ACC really is what I like right now, getting to know more and more about Motorsport, about driving technics, about really driving a sports car!! I love it.

Sure, as GT is like a friend who’s with me for so long, I’ll buy GT7 most probably. But I think I’ve fallen for the real deal, aka SimRacing!
Just saying. You guys stay safe and have a good day!

Edit: never thought I’d say this, but what else can I do than being honest?! It’s just my personal preference atm!
:)
don’t wanna sound harsh.
I fully agree with the Gran Turismo Sport is a arcade racer, when you ever played ACC.

And I only have seen some videos on youtube from GTS.

Back
Top Bottom