how early can YOU get PES 2008?

we only generally get games in a couple days before they're released these days and you can get them that early from an online retailer generally

so do you reckon its worth ordering online to get it a few days earlier, and if so whats the best and most reliable website? i'm a bit green when it comes to ordering games i'm desperate for from the net....thanx in advance

I dont know how an Aussie like me is going to get the game. All the online shops only ship to UK:(

Hey Carl,

I'm from the Down Under aswell where all we do is drink beer and throw prawns on the BBQ...but just to let you know that
I've already pre-ordered PES2008 from Game.co.uk.

I've also bought stuff from them in the past with no issues as they deliver to all of Australasia.

Cheerio

I can probably buy it on Wednesday (24/10), maybe on Tuesday, here in Belgium the gameshops don't really seem to care about official release dates :)

I should get mine a couple of days before the official release, I'm friendly with the owner of a local independent game store.

I'd imagine that someone will get it long before me tho.

i'll get mine on the 24th, but still looking to see if i can get it earlier....any suggestions?

i ordered from shopto.net

i emailed their CS to find out about delivery to the US and they said it should probably ship out a day or two before the release, and take about 1 week to get to me.. so i'll probably have to wait one week after you EU people. fair enough you guys get screwed most of the time with respect to release dates.

Hey Foss, did you buy your PS3 in the US??? because I've been trying to find out if PES 2008 will run in an american PS3 (because of the regions thing). I wrote PLAYSTATION regarding about this topic and this is what they answered:

"Thank you for writing us. You will only be able to play DVD's coded "region 1" or "region ALL" coded in the NTSC format on theNorth American PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. Blu-ray Discs(TM) (BD) that are marked with the "region A" will be supported. *When playing PLAYSTATION(R)3 format software, a display/monitor that supports video playback at 60Hz is required. (Please contact the manufacturer of your display for video playback support.) In addition, the North American PLAYSTATION 3 system only supports a power supply of 120V AC, 60 Hz. Lastly, due to different television and voltage standards, and a variety of licensing issues, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) has implemented a territorial-based distribution system for its hardware, peripherals, and software. This limits the use of any particular software to play on the console designated for that distribution territory (e.g. North American games will not play in the systems designed for other regions, such as, Japan, Europe, etc.). You may also experience problemsif you attempt to use memory sticks, controllers, etc. from a different region (outside of North America) on your North American console. In addition, we would not recommend traveling with your North American PLAYSTATION 3 system outside of North America. Due to a difference in international television and voltage standards, North American PLAYSTATION 3 systems may not be compatible for use outside of North America. We do not have any information on adapters or converters made to override territorial restrictions. The various PlayStation(R) consoles and format software titles are only designed to run in their respective regions and countries. We apologize for any inconvenience"

back when winning eleven 10 went out, i had it like 10days before release date on torrents.. i would assume soon the game would be on torrents..

dvd.co.uk has pes 2008 down for a 19/10 release, and is selling it at 24.99, and only charge a £1 surcharge to orders outside the uk, sounds too good to be true

dvd.co.uk has pes 2008 down for a 19/10 release, and is selling it at 24.99, and only charge a £1 surcharge to orders outside the uk, sounds too good to be true

cant see that being true. Game have promised delivery for release day with regular postage so i paid the £4 extra for express delivery to see if it gets here any earlier.

I'm praying that play.com deliver it (and NBA 2K8) on the 25th but this stupid postal strike is worrying me!

Screw it i switching to shopto

Last edited:
yep it wasn't true, i ordered it and they emailed me saying the launch will be the 25th!, still it was only 24.99, thats the cheapest i've seen anywhere

hasn't the post strike ended now thought they had reached an agreement

I think its finished now. I've certainly got my mail for the last few days (since thurs). Hopefully the backlog will be cleared by next week so play.com can deliever early like they did last year ;) :)

If anyone is in Glasgow, pop down to G-Force at Central Station from the Wednesday. I got PES5 a day early and PES6 3 days early. They've taken my name and number this year to call me when they get it in.

Plus the guy that works there looks like Guillem Balague :lol: .

i know a couple....it depends what part of london your from, if your in south (like me) i can point you in the right direction...

I'm East mate, but could be tempted to hold my nose and go South of the river for an early copy of Pro! :p

If you know somewhere could you PM me? :D

Back
Top Bottom