JustPES is back - Now it is PESCoach.Com!

Just because Barca now have a high pressing value doesn't make the new values correct. Could point out quite a few mistakes still, like Dortmund and Mainz who employ tenacious pressing systems but have really low values in this latest list. And isn't it a common belief that the EPL is a high tempo, aggressive league where you don't get much time on the ball, yet a lot of EPL teams now have low pressing values.

Just because Barca now have a high pressing value doesn't make the new values correct. Could point out quite a few mistakes still, like Dortmund and Mainz who employ tenacious pressing systems but have really low values in this latest list. And isn't it a common belief that the EPL is a high tempo, aggressive league where you don't get much time on the ball, yet a lot of EPL teams now have low pressing values.

Dortmund are definitely one I noticed when putting the new ones in. They press almost as much as Barca.

--

Also, maybe it's just me but it still seems like teams build far too fast. Playing Barca with their settings, they would still just try and hit me with quick counters and long ball tactics. They would barely ever build an attack and instead would try and quickly hit one long which just makes them lose possession. Perhaps it's my defense?

Dortmund are definitely one I noticed when putting the new ones in. They press almost as much as Barca.

--

Also, maybe it's just me but it still seems like teams build far too fast. Playing Barca with their settings, they would still just try and hit me with quick counters and long ball tactics. They would barely ever build an attack and instead would try and quickly hit one long which just makes them lose possession. Perhaps it's my defense?

Have you assigned all 4 of their tactics to the same settings and formation?

Have you assigned all 4 of their tactics to the same settings and formation?

I've set it to 1&2 and 3&4 are set to all out attack and all out defense. However, I will always go in and check the game plan and the AI says it's playing 1 or 2, but they just hit it long on me. :(

milanxc.png

milan2v.png

By klash69 at 2012-02-16

I prefer tactics 3-5-2, cu'z, i love pressing and atrractive game.

And i choose quick counter and on Superstar i beat Barcelona 3-1 with Inter Milan.. Later i will post screenshot :D

ok people, i need some help, and i guess that's the right thread to ask (at least i hope). i've been fiddling with the tactic sliders but i just can't seem to get my team playing as i want them to, and i could really use a help to sort it out, as i have very little time for gaming (i play pes only once a week and for just about 1 hour... me and a friend of mine have a master league offline going on -we play on the same team- and that's our only gaming time for the whole week, so, as u can understand, we don't have much time to run some tactic tests ourselves).

that's our problem. no matter how much time we spend trying to adjust the formation, our defensive line (fucking idiots, i wouldn't call them a line anyway) is always way too high (almost across the midfield line). it's just surreal, i have "defensive line" set on 4 and "pressing" on 4 too. and yet they still keep shifting the line forward. i thought it might have been a problem of discipline, so i even lowered "position switch" to 3 but nothing.
sometimes we find ourselves being up by 2 goals at halftime.... and then in the second half we get 2 ridiculous goals on the counter, because our 2 cbs were completely out of position and way too high up the pitch. this is getting very frustrating for both me and my friend, so i thought to look for some experts advice.

we play a 4-3-1-2 formation (it's not really a diamond midfield. we have 3 midfielders on the same line (across the midfield line) and then a trequartista doing his thing up ahead). this are our sliders.
player support - 13
support range - 10
position switch - 3
attacking style - 7
pressing - 4
defensive line - 4
compactiveness - 10

any help would be much appreciated guys... i would really love to nail my cbs' sorry asses to the box. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------

oh and i have another question. when i enter the formation screen a windows pops up asking me to choose betweeen Leave to manager - simple settings - or change manually.
i obviously pick "change manually" (coz i wanna edit the formation myself) and then another windows pops up asking me if i "would like to keep using the one-thouch settings"? what the hell are theese one touch settings? i usually choose "yes" but i really don't know what i'm replying "yes" to..... do u think that coud be the reason why, despite having the "defensive line" value set to 4, my cb still play so high up the pitch???

sorry for my long post and boring newbish questions, and thanks again :))

p.s. Klashman, thanks for that great tactics explanation post in the first page. ;) it was a great read and i tried to adjust my settings according to your explanation... but i guess i did a pretty poor job anyway :P

Well, I've got similar issue regarding free time available to play the game, so these hints might not be the result of thorough testing, but could you try this (on top of your current tactical settings):
1. move your CB's closer to the GK on the formation screen
2. change attacking mentality to 2 or even 1 bars when you really want play defensive

I think the One Touch settings relate to the screen that has the offside trap set to on or off, on the fly formation changes and substitutions etc. So while you might set up your own tactics and formation, you can still get the game to make some changes for you while you play, if you don't want to go in there and change things during the game yourself.

Maybe try lowering the player support a little and the compactiveness a little lower. And as Zlac said, move the CB's backwards on the screen and change the bars to 1 or 2 so they don't try to get forward.

Well, I've got similar issue regarding free time available to play the game, so these hints might not be the result of thorough testing, but could you try this (on top of your current tactical settings):
1. move your CB's closer to the GK on the formation screen
2. change attacking mentality to 2 or even 1 bars when you really want play defensive
I think the One Touch settings relate to the screen that has the offside trap set to on or off, on the fly formation changes and substitutions etc. So while you might set up your own tactics and formation, you can still get the game to make some changes for you while you play, if you don't want to go in there and change things during the game yourself.

Maybe try lowering the player support a little and the compactiveness a little lower. And as Zlac said, move the CB's backwards on the screen and change the bars to 1 or 2 so they don't try to get forward.
thanks for your suggestions guys. gonna give it a try and report back to u :))

I had another issue with my single CF ... when I've been laying siege to the opposition box, he just kept dropping back for the ball - instead of staying in the box or at least moving inside the box, moron would usually run up a little and then he kept returning back, almost close enough to give a kiss to his teammate with the ball. Guess what ... I had player support set to 7 (higher possible defensive value) :FAIL: Changing it to 14 (lowest possible attacking value) did the job regarding ever retreating CF, but I wasn't happy with defensive side.

I could try something in between, but it looks like the only proper solution is going to be having two on-the-fly formations for attacking and defending, with different tactical settings.

I had another issue with my single CF ... when I've been laying siege to the opposition box, he just kept dropping back for the ball - instead of staying in the box or at least moving inside the box, moron would usually run up a little and then he kept returning back, almost close enough to give a kiss to his teammate with the ball. Guess what ... I had player support set to 7 (higher possible defensive value) :FAIL: Changing it to 14 (lowest possible attacking value) did the job regarding ever retreating CF, but I wasn't happy with defensive side.

I could try something in between, but it looks like the only proper solution is going to be having two on-the-fly formations for attacking and defending, with different tactical settings.

He doesnt have a high Defensive Stat though does he ? Such as 3 ?

Cannot check right now, but I'm talking about ML youngsters such as Schwarz or Zarate (not the one from Lazio/Inter) or Ordaz. They all did it. ML defaults and youngsters are usually quite distinguished at what they are good at and what they suck at ... I seriously doubt that Konami would give them 3 for defending or high defense rating.

But I'm gonna chack that too more closely.

Awesome Milan formation klashman!

sometimes we find ourselves being up by 2 goals at halftime.... and then in the second half we get 2 ridiculous goals on the counter, because our 2 cbs were completely out of position and way too high up the pitch. this is getting very frustrating for both me and my friend, so i thought to look for some experts advice.

That is a problem with the game's engine and happens to everyone. Don't know if you can fix it. Konami messed up this year. They are getting on a lot of people's nerves. :P

Last edited:
About my previous post - I checked their defensive stats, but then forgot to reply. All three of them have Att/Def ratio 3/1. Defence attribute for Ordaz is 48, while the other two guys have their Defence below 40.

Well in my 2nd season of Master League and I'm 4th...away from 2nd spot on goal difference ;) Still in Div 2 but hopefully can change that with about 6 games to go.

Earlier on this season I tweaked my formation and tactic sliders and I've been having some incredible games of football since. Played 1 awesome game last night where it finished 1-1 but the pace was perfect and the buildup well balanced. Played the next game and got torn apart by 3 beautiful goals, 2 of which were delightful timed runs in behind the defence after that player making the initial pass a few seconds earlier. I actually appluaded the TV screen hahaha

I still think a lot of the time people are trying to force the play too quickly and against what their tactics are set for and they don't get the best possible gameplay experience.

I found myself how to adjust easily Attack Style and Pass Distance values from whoscored.com

Attack Style: I take 30% Attack through the middle as an average value, which I equal to 10 in PES. Then, any percentage point up or down corresponds with one point in PES. For example, a team that in average creates just 25% of attacks through the middle (Everton), gets value of 5 (10-5). If 34% (Juventus), I give a team 14 (10+4).

Pass Distance: Similarly, I set an average as 13% or 14% of Long pass percentage and set it to the value of 10. Then, the same thing, I add or subtract value numbers for the percentages given. Let's say again, Everton has a long pass percentage of 15 (14+1), so their default Pass Distance value would be 11 (10+1) Juventus accounts only for 10% (14-4) of Long passes per game, so I give them the value of 6 (10-4).

Yeah that ever retreating CF bug is really frustrating and I can't find a way to solve it via tactics. No wonder the AI can park the bus when they get all the time of the world to retreat, because your CF doesn't play as a forward.
Only Yair's 2.3 gameplay doens't have that problem, I wonder what he did to solve it.

Hmmmm, more offensive value for Player Support (13 or 14) fixed it for me ... not completely, because I did not want to use super offensive values, but it was a lot better than having 7

it depends on the team I guess and not to forget... the form arrows.
I tried several combinations in tactics and it was never satifying.
In theory support range should be more related to the retreating behavior of the CF. When you set support range low players should position themself closer to man in possesion. Unfortunatly this counts for the whole team, also the attackers. There are no options for micro-management.

Amazing thread. I appreciate all the work, guys.. I bought Pes 2012 for the second time and i'm rediscoverying the game. If I manage to give all these tatics a try, the offlinee game experience can be awesome. But I also need to download patchs with official names and kits, stadiums and etc on my ps3, so i'm wondering How I can transfer all these stuff (official kits, names, stadiums and tatics) to the Ps3 In a quíck way, it's just too much work to do. I need HELP!!

Ps: I have the American versíon.

Back
Top Bottom