L.A. Noire

Thanks Scutch, every bit of info on this game makes my day. With a lot of games dissapointing me of late I've put all of my trust in Rockstar to give me some enjoyement in a game again...

Roll on 17th of may!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/293408/news/la-noire-will-take-25-30-hours-to-complete/

A Rockstar representative has revealed that it will take players between 25-30 hours to complete the main story in Team Bondi's upcoming LA Noire.

The numbers were revealed during a closed-door demonstration for press at PAX East, which wrapped up yesterday.

Press members lucky enough to get in on the event were shown a homicide case entitled 'The Red Lipstick Murder'.

According to the rep the 25-30 hour figure doesn't take into account the 'unassigned cases' which are used to provide history on the game's secondary characters, or any of the pre-order and post-launch DLC cases.

Rockstar has said that LA Noire's pre-order content will be released as DLC "at some point after the game comes out". Pre-order cases include 'The Naked City', 'The Badge Pursuit' and 'A Slip of the Tongue'.

Grand Theft Auto IV seen a Special Edition when it launched in 2008, but decided to not do the same thing for the release of Red Dead Redemption last May.

The company confirmed it’ll again pass up a Collector’s Edition on LA Noire, insisting that there will only be pre-order content for specific retails like missions for Team Bondi action title.

“There won’t be any special edition release of L.A. Noire, just the preorder bonus content with certain retailers,” said Rockstar on a post on its blog.

it added: “Also as mentioned, all that content will be made available as DLC after the game comes out.”

LA Noire releases on May 17 in the US and May 20 for PS3 and 360.

267116196.jpg

I went with the other preorder as the case seemed initially more interesting, will buy this one as DLC, assuming a stupid price isn't attached.

Looks great, and didn't really see any of what Cage was talking about. The movement of the head and body combined with the faces look fine to me.

Rockstar confirms PS3-exclusive content for LA Noire

Rockstar has said that it’s to soon make an announcement regarding exclusive content for the PS3 version of LA Noire.

Speaking this comment thread, the company confirmed rumours the PS3 version will have its own content, saying to, “Look for more details on that, coming soon.”

Box art and retailer listings have been spotted this week carrying “exclusive content” badges, as you can see on RockstarNetwork.

One says that the “Consul’s Car Traffic Chase” mission is “only on PlayStation 3.”

ESRB – L.A. Noire contains blood spurts, racist language, pubic hair

There’s nothing funnier, sometimes, than the descritpion of a game given by the ESRB, especially when it mentions the hair that grows around one’s nether regions.

Below, you will find the ESRB description for L.A. Noire. There’s bits in there about foul and racists language, nudity, blood, violence and the like.

Meanwhile, the BBFC mentions that it will contain “5 hours and 12 minutes of cutscenes” and “3 hours and 25 minutes of supplementary gameplay footage.”

Enjoy.

Game’s out on May 17 for Xbox 360 and and announcement regarding PS3 exclusive content is coming soon.

This is an ‘open-world’ action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Cole Phelps, a rookie detective on a mission to stop a deranged serial killer. Set in late 1940s Los Angeles, the game allows players to advance through various ‘desks’ at a police department (i.e., Patrol, Traffic Squad, Homicide, Vice, Arson) by interviewing witnesses and suspects, searching crime scenes for clues, and apprehending criminals.

Players use pistols, rifles, machine guns, and flamethrowers to engage in firefights with various enemies — these shootouts are highlighted by realistic gunfire, cries of pain, and blood spurts that stain injured characters and the surrounding environment. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence, including a character being beaten with a crowbar (off screen)—large spurts of blood are depicted in the foreground.

During the course of the game, players may come across crime scenes in which badly beaten or mutilated corpses are subject to investigation; players are able to examine victims’ bodies close-up, surveying various bruises and bloody cuts for evidence — a few female corpses are depicted fully nude with fleeting images of pubic hair.

Investigations sometimes pertain to sexual assault crimes, and details are often conveyed in clinical terms through dialogue or on-screen text (e.g., ‘He’s some kind of sex fiend,’ ‘Woman’s briefs torn at seams, forcibly removed,’ and ‘Head trauma . . . external bruising to genitals.’). In one cutscene, there is an implication that a character is engaged in a sexual relationship with a teenager (e.g., ‘You take love where you can find it as you get older, Jack’/That has nothing to do with love . . .’). Some sequences allow players to collect/manipulate drug-related evidence such as marijuana packets, morphine syringes, or amphetamine pills; in one cutscene, a doctor can be seen injecting a character with morphine.

Language such as ‘f*ck,’ ‘sh*t,’ ‘c*nt,’ ‘n**ger,’ and ‘sp*c’ can be heard in the dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom