L.A. Noire

It doesn't look the best graphically, but to say it looks "shit" is ridiculous...

I think it looks absolutely great. And I prefer great animations over great textures any day. By the way, the facial tech is an absolute revolution. This thing practically change the way you can "direct" a game.

It doesn't look the best graphically, but to say it looks "shit" is ridiculous...
IMO it does look shit but like i said, gameplay is what im interested in.

Im use to playing PC games mate and despite that, games like uncharted and killzone looks a lot better than this game and those are console games.

the animations are superb but the lighting and textures are poor. Mafia 2 looks better and that had some great animations too. just not the facial animations which is the main selling point of this game

Anyone picking this up. i saw some tv adverts on it and its probably just me but the game looks worse then red dead and gta4?

yea the animations look great. no if's or buts but that trailer made the game look like a ps2 game IMO.

Their was next to no light effects and the textures look very low res.

I should be getting this on the xbox 360 so lets see if the gameplay and storyline grabs me.

I pre-ordered with game to get one of the extra cases free, but just cancelled that and went with HMV as it was about £7 cheaper and I get 5% cashback with quidco.

Anyone picking this up. i saw some tv adverts on it and its probably just me but the game looks worse then red dead and gta4?

yea the animations look great. no if's or buts but that trailer made the game look like a ps2 game IMO.

Their was next to no light effects and the textures look very low res.

I should be getting this on the xbox 360 so lets see if the gameplay and storyline grabs me.

It's an odd looking game, I agree the textures look rough and low res, it has that kind of 'painted' look that GTAIV had, which is pretty old now and looks kinda dated. Red Dead Redemption still looks stunning, so it's an odd backward step in that respect. However, on the contrary, character faces look absolutely stunning, it also looks like reading emotion on a person's face is going to be a part of the gameplay, which would be amazing. Perhaps the whole face modelling thing has meant Rockstar needed to pull back the graphics in other areas.

It's an odd looking game, I agree the textures look rough and low res, it has that kind of 'painted' look that GTAIV had, which is pretty old now and looks kinda dated. Red Dead Redemption still looks stunning, so it's an odd backward step in that respect. However, on the contrary, character faces look absolutely stunning, it also looks like reading emotion on a person's face is going to be a part of the gameplay, which would be amazing. Perhaps the whole face modelling thing has meant Rockstar needed to pull back the graphics in other areas.
possibly. All i know is that red dread is a stunning looking game.

Man do we need new consoles now :(

Xbox 360 version of L.A. Noire will take up three discs

Rockstar has told Kotaku that L.A. Noire is so large, that the Xbox 360 version will span three discs.

The PS3 version fill up on entire 25GB Blu-Ray disc.

“L.A. Noire was always going to be a massive game, from the size and detail of the world to the length of the cases, and of course, the sheer amount of MotionScan data required for the faces of over 400 actors in-game,” said the firm’s Jeronimo Barrera. “To tell the story and make the game we wanted to make, we knew that it was going to take an entire single layer Blu-ray disc and three Xbox discs.”

Just because the game will encompass three discs, doesn’t mean the game itself will last for weeks on end or anything though – the size was due in part to the MotionScan data used during development which requires quite a bit of disc space.

However, don’t worry about getting carpel tunnel over changing the game discs.

“Since the game is built around the concept of progressing through individual cases from desk to desk, players on Xbox will find disc-swapping is hassle-free,”said Barrera. “In fact, players will only need to swap discs twice at natural breaks between cases without interrupting the flow of the game.

“Throughout development, we created lots of great cases, the bulk of which were central to the main story of Cole Phelps and his rise through the ranks of the LAPD, alongside other cases that felt more like strong stand-alone episodes. This gave us a powerful main story, and left us with quality extra content that we wanted to put out as DLC, that would slot seamlessly into the existing game.”

Still getting the 360 version. As Tik say's the 360 always seems to have slightly sharper textures and detail. And I'm sure it will have leaderboards and shit that wont work on the PS3.;)

Looking forward to this.

Can't believe how picky some of you are with graphics though, LOL.

FD

3 disks, but only 2 changes of disks. Not a big deal in comparison with the length of the game.

You're a lazy fucker if the need to get off your arse and change disks a couple of times dissuades you! :LOL:

Hoping this game won't be so popular due to its lack of online play, could drop in price quickly :).

If it's at natural breaks in the game anyway, surely that would;

1. End your gaming session for the night
2. Give you a chance to grab a drink/snack
3. Give you time for a piss break

Any which way, you are going to be stopping playing or getting our of your seat anyway, so it's hardly an issue is it?

course its not an issue but its better for it to be on one disk right?

granted it cant but just shows that the next xbox could possibly have blu ray on it

Could they not just give an option to install the 3 disks at the start and then just used the first disk for booting?

Or is that too obvious?

Back
Top Bottom