Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Don't get put off by the storyline/plot. I played and loved MGS on the original PlayStation One but then never went near it again until MGS: Ground Zeroes on the PS4.

I watched this guy's YouTube videos which explains the entire plot. They are well worth watching, very interesting and easy to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778Sr8ePnWc&list=PLqU3_cfWaeY2DT7imScZKA3_PZJHRfdzy

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I've never played them before but downloaded the prequel to this on my Xbox One as one of the free games with Gold recently. watched the opening couple of scenes and it looked pretty awesome. Haven't played any of the game yet other than zooming in with some binoculars towards a fence :COOL:

Was thinking about playing some of the earlier games but don't think I'll bother now.

Simplygames UK have been shipping this since yesterday..got wind on Twitter earlier and bagged myself a copy on express delivery with Dpd for tomorrow..

Happy days!

Yes
smugg.png

got it today for PS3. i didnt like Guns of the Patriots at all, it was boring. i hope this one lives up to MGS3 and continues Big Bosses legendary story in fashion

well the story starts like you wake up from coma and you get explained about...well not about the first MGS(Snake Eater) but about where you are, who you are in 2-3 sentences. so yeah get it imo :) so if any old info comes up later on the game from the past they will explain it to you via coma because Snake wont remember

Got mine yesterday and I'm knee deep into this one..if your planning on just dropping in for a quick snippet of gameplay make sure your free for the first hour as there's a huge intro..

Can't fault the sheer scope or scale and I completely lost myself in the opening episode which is such a contrast to the opening of the game..

Draw distance and sheer scale is breathtaking especially when your first introduced to the afghan mountains and your first buddy the horse gave me many hours of joy as approached guards hidden hanging on the side of the saddle..

Last edited:
Anyone know which shops/supermarkets will be selling this cheapest tomorrow? £58 for the pre-order edition on PSN. Jesus wept.

this is the most addictive single player experience in many many years

fun fact: whats on the PC disk of MGSVPP? a less then 9mb steam installer :D

Last edited:
59gbp from the Xbox store and 57gbp on psn is shocking...

Managed to complete a number of the side ops and main missions..really like the management of the rig and allocating staff for development,already I've had c4 developed which has
Come in handy taking down anti aircraft radar and communications..

Had a brilliant moment last night were I snuck up on the eastern communication tower and took the whole camp out with two mortor shells before they could even react..

What shines is how everything is a resource and can be salvaged from the battlefield,air lifted out and used..it makes you think and adds a very welcome element..

Really impressed..not just with the gamely but with the attention to detail..don't think I've left a stone unturned..the fox engine just shines and sand storms and the dynamic weather and time changes bring a very welcome element to the gameplay that factors in how you play.

Last edited:
59gbp from the Xbox store and 57gbp on psn is shocking...

Managed to complete a number of the side ops and main missions..really like the management of the rig and allocating staff for development,already I've had c4 developed which has
Come in handy taking down anti aircraft radar and communications..

Had a brilliant moment last night where I snuck up on the eastern communication tower and took the whole camp out with two mortor shells before they could even react..

What shines is how everything is a resource and can be salvaged from the battlefield,air lifted out and used..it makes you think and adds a very welcome element..

Really impressed..not just with the gamely but with the attention to detail..don't think I've left a stone unturned..

there is an emmerich mission wich i couldnt complete since around the end i walked the horse out of the mission zone so it got aborted yet it says mission is complete. :O now i think i missed some cutscenes so if anyone willing to spoil it for me, then please do it

my mission got aborted when i was hiding from the metal gear and i had to go to the landing zone

I've noticed you can run call the horse and mount the Sadle while your both moving..makes for some great end of mission escapes and video captures..

That's what I'm currently really enjoying..how you can set every little piece in place,your entry,the mission and ultimately your escape and at any point everything can turn on its head..

It's a very different Kojima game..not at first because the intro is bonkers..later on when you've completed a few main missions and a couple of the side ops and everything falls into focus.

Its a game that nods in the direction of so many open world games but is more coherent and much more robust..the gunplay and the mechanics of everything you do makes it seem so much more real..

Most importantly it feels finished and all the pieces sit together brilliantly.

Last edited:
Alot of reports the physical cd of the game is just an installer for steam. Did konami let people know this or is it another konami balls up

If the ps4 version is anything to go buy and the pc version allows those with a top rig to push it harder there in for a visual and gameplay treat even by pc gaming standards..

The ps4 visuals are stunning on a big TV...that aside the gameplay is top draw.

Busy downloading. Only 7 hours to go!

It will be worth it..just make sure you have a hour free for the intro as your barely touch the controller sticks!(might be a late night or early morning...great cinematics though..

Stellar game:))

The photo realism is just gorgeous a game that is visually stunning.

Game is really forcing me to think I think I make the game to hard by just dithering around looking and textures and draw distances then getting spotted like a big dummy

Servers still down wonder what online will have up its sleeve.

Only played a couple hours very late tonight, so maybe I wasn't in the best mood to judge, but while gameplay seems very, very good, the story and character development points to be stupid and shallow as hell, the ego and childishness of Kojima is growing, I think I saw his name 17 times in 2 hours, pathetic.

And playing an infiltration game where you put people on balloons and then they scream when they go up is just lame.

Only played a couple hours very late tonight, so maybe I wasn't in the best mood to judge, but while gameplay seems very, very good, the story and character development points to be stupid and shallow as hell, the ego and childishness of Kojima is growing, I think I saw his name 17 times in 2 hours, pathetic.

And playing an infiltration game where you put people on balloons and then they scream when they go up is just lame.

Wow..you played 2 hours and your already judging the story..and where's the character development you talk of in just two hours?..I've played the game since last Friday and I've barely scratched the surface..

It's also a resource management game,where you can pull soldiers and inventory from the battlefield...you can't blatantly tap a parachute on a enemy in plain view without creating a alert!..

Kojima is bonkers,no doubt,but the game is cinematic hence each mission being a episode and hence the credits..

A lot of what you highlight was already revealed well before release so if airlifting troops out of the field and items seems to ruin your immersion then your not getting the logic and mechanics of the game..

Humour also a massive pre-requisite and a open mind,this isn't your A typical poo faced western title(ie takes itself to seriously).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom