Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Keith Lamb: "Room in the dressing room for a couple more signings"
Keith Lamb: "We are speaking to Zendens father early next week to hopefully tie up a deal to bring him back to the riverside"

:mrgreen:

Boro said:
Keith Lamb: "Room in the dressing room for a couple more signings"

what? viduka lost a shit load of weight has he???? ;)

jimmy looks like a good signing if he's up for it. you also get to sing one of me favourite songs " Ohh! Jimmy-Jimmy! Jimmy-Jimmy-Jimmy-Jimmy-FloydHasselbaink!" :mrgreen:

Oooh - that's gonna be a good mid-level team for WE8 to match up against ManCity, etc. Me likey!!

Congrats Boro.

ps - Boro, why would you put Zenden as one of the inside midfielders, rather than on the wing? I thought he usually plays on the outside.

ghazi said:
ps - Boro, why would you put Zenden as one of the inside midfielders, rather than on the wing? I thought he usually plays on the outside.

He can play there, but to accomodate Hargreaves id knock him in field one as he's given us some brilliant performances there. But then again the names being banded about our midfield could look VERY different :D

Hargreaves is more comfortable in the middle anyways, surely?

some great signings I think your be pushing for 5th place this year,

Why did they take out 6th as quailfying for europe?

where you getting your cash from??

you wanna be careful you know.

fenian said:
where you getting your cash from??

you wanna be careful you know.

Theyre bank-rolled by Steve Gibson, i believe.

Matt1234 said:
some great signings I think your be pushing for 5th place this year,

Why did they take out 6th as quailfying for europe?

Because a non-top team club won the Carling Cup and won the place into Europe. If Man Yoo had won the CC then it would have been down to 6th as well.

loz said:
Theyre bank-rolled by Steve Gibson, i believe.

Yup Gibbo has his own company and is once again digging into his pockets for us. Saying that we signed Mendieta, Hasselbaink and Reizieger on free transfers.

I think those are some good signings Boro have made. Jimmy will get goals in that team for sure. And if Viduka hits form too then you Boro fans are in for a nice season alright. Reiziger is not 'class', but he is pretty good, and his long throws are lethal too.

What is the situation with Mendieta though? Has he signed on a free or what? He is well class.

I have to say, Boro are looking quite the threat for next season if all goes well.
Viduka and Hasslebaink up front with Juninho Mendieta and probably Zenden backing them up sounds like you'll be getting rid of a lot of those 0-0 scorelines you had last season. ;)

snoopsimon said:
What is the situation with Mendieta though? Has he signed on a free or what? He is well class.

Signed. 3yr contract. No transfer fee.

I'm not jealous before I shot to pieces in this thread, I'm just passing by like, but I don't think Viduka and Jimmy Floyd can play in the same team, for a start they are both going to be screaming to see who gets the number 9 shirt ;) but that's what I mean by it mainly, they are both too identical, both very good players when things are going well, but if the tide turns, I tell ya one thing, both will be paddling their own canoes outta the riverside. They have the chance to prove me wrong, but they are both hefty and not light of foot, and always want the ball, I laughed when I heard the comment that Boro would be asking for 2 balls to be used this year in the league, so they could have one each, but for now I'm afraid I will have to call them Mercsboro until I am proved wrong. Good luck for the season, I just hope you can play better football than you have been.

gibson is still around then.

boro are gonna have a huge wage bill next season. and i thought gibson decided not to throw so much of his money at boro after the byran robson fiasco.

fenian said:
gibson is still around then.

boro are gonna have a huge wage bill next season. and i thought gibson decided not to throw so much of his money at boro after the byran robson fiasco.

Yeah Gibbo is a god around here. Saving us from going under and bringing us to the premiership in 10years, then winning us our first trophy, giving us one of the best training grounds in europe, a brand spanking new stadium, taking us to europe and making middlesbrough a club we can be proud of.

As for the money, he finances is all himself so nobody gets to see our money situation as its a private matter. He stopped spending cash on us a few years back while he went through a costly divorce but thats done and dusted now. The club is financially sound and can finance itself, but alot of the extra transfer cash comes out of gibbos pockets. He's a boro fan through and through you just had to see him at Cardiff to know that.

As for the wages, i dont think they'll be on that much. Theyve had their big pay days in the past, and boro have learnt from the past and have a wage cap in place that we didnt break for Mendieta. My guess is they will be on significantly smaller wages then they were on but will be paid bonuses for silverware, UEFA cup success and goals.

COMON THE BORO :mrgreen:

he sounds like the kind of bloke any fan would want running their club.

Owen Hargreaves spotted at Teesside airport last night being picked up by Keith Lamb.

Hargraves is an awesome player. I think he'd be an awesome defensive midfielder.

I would like to see Boro doing well next season. I like the way they are going about their business. I also like to see Steve McClaren doing well since he left us (Manyoo). Would liked to have seen him at the Hasselbaink press conference to see his views on the way the club is progressing though.

He's taking a well earned break after Euro 2004. He'll be back soon anyway. You can imagine the conversation with Keith Lamb when he gets home:

Steve: Hey keith im back! Miss me?
Keith: Steve we've got some people we'd like you too meet?
Steve: What? You've got Yakuba and Forlans finally turned up has he?
Keith: Erm...not quite. Meet Jimmy Mark and Michael............ and and that fat oaf has moved onto leeds
*Steve faints*
Keith: Erm. Steve? Steve you ok? Steve?

All quiet on the boro front now.

Zenden - No new news, talks have taken place with his father and we're all expecting a press conference to annouce him signing but it hasnt arrived yet
Geremi - Staying at Chelski to fight for his place, or so we've been told
Hargreaves - All this talk has died down, we've possibly been priced out of a move for him, or he's decided he'd prefer Liverpool who are rumoured to be ready to sign him as soon as they sell a midfielder
Parlour - Deal tied up for Parlour? Im not over the moon about him ive never liked him as a player much. But he could fit in nicely next to Boateng
Greening - Fee of £1.5million agreed with WBA, so it looks like Jesus is on his way out.
Mystery Player - Theres talk that we're in talks with a mystery Euro 2004 central midfield star who we'd never even consider going for. A fan who has a friend on the inside broke this news but wont reveal the name. More news tonight supposedly

Pre-season friendly results:-
Boro 2 - 1 Huddersfield

Mendieta and Nemeth scoring for the boro :thumbup:

Zenden deal is on the rocks, wage demands too high so he's listening to other offers - talks are still on going mind.
Mystery Player is infact Michael Ballack, and talks are progressing well but the fee appears to be the sticking point.

Don Domenico said:
Michael Ballak to Middlesbrough??!

Haha, sounds like a load of bullshit to me..

It is infact true mate. We're in talks with Bayern and Ballack. We probably wont get him and i seriously doubt we will but we are trying. Anyway its not that radical. Would you have believed me if i said this time last year that Mendieta would be playing with us, or Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Anyway we're trying and thats for definate, but like i said its only that we are trying to get him not that we will.

Stuart said:
Boro, are you the only Middlesbrough fan on here?

Im the only one who regularly posts. Theres maybe one other but he's hardly ever on and isnt exactly a regular. So yeah i probably am :(

Back
Top Bottom