Mighty Greece crumbling down

joostebrood said:
I have shirts of the following countries just to show how I enjoy the sport in general:

Macedonia

There is no country that is called Macedonia. Macedonia is a part of land that belongs to Greece. You are probably talking about FYROM.

No offence to you but the situation here at balkans is just 'fragile'. You can't call Serbia and Montenegro or Croatia as Yugoslavia. Don't forget that people have been sent to war for some reasons. If FYROM is called as Macedonia is very offensive to some people like me. I live in Macedonia which is the name of the northern Greek land (not the whole northern Greece but part of it). Calling FYROM as Macedonia is like saying Catholics and Protestants is the same thing or Mouslims and Cristians share the same religion beliefs. Germany is Germany and England is England but FYROM is not Macedonia.

joostebrood said:
Sorry about that then

You are welcome. I don't blame you. I blame the Greek goverment that never took serious actions about the name of FYROM and permitted them in some way to use the historic name of Macedonia inside the name of the next to us new country. Most of the people are used to call FYROM as Macedonia because is shorter but most of them don't know or don't care about it. FYROM = Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia

The uefa cup is not representative of our football.
Panionios and Aigaleo are small greek teams that luckily made it to be and even more to qualify to the uefa cup the previous year.
And as for Aek Athens, my fav team the 5-1 from Zenit was a shocking result.But i think if you saw the match it was a magical image.We were 0-1 in front and we lost 4-5 one on one situations in the first half.But then at the 45' and 47' minute we had two owngoals and the team collapsed....
You will see in the next matches about Aek.....
And the first is Aek-Lille in 25/11.............

AEK is a terrible team, I've watched a mediocre PSV completely outplaying them last year. Sorry Polakis, but Greek football is terrible, same with the Dutch football.

...yellow smile all over my face seeing that my predictions after the Euro final were not, as some put it, a sign of sore loosing.

Greece crumbled down, showing that unlike other minions that turned out to become respecful national teams with a word to say, their momentum was based on ocasional context and luck rather than the result of positive view on soccer.

Although I'm sorry for some greek friends this is bad for greece but good for soccer. Maybe unlike I predicted some teams will face the World Cup without seeing Greece as an example. Rather see them going ahead "Senegal" style. It's better for soccer and better for my TV time :).

Crikey, your never gonna let up in this are you? If they don't qualify for the 2050 Inter-Galactic Football Championships are you still gonna come up with this? (Oh and Portugal still won't have won an International honour by then)

Let%20It%20Go.jpg

FD

I'm all with FD on this...
Get a life Mauras...you're a bad ambassador for your country...

fd1972uk said:
(Oh and Portugal still won't have won an International honour by then)

I rather keep our records blank than win a single major honour based on a stolen goal that never was ;)...

Mauras, why so bitter? Is it because your country never wins anything, and got beat twice by a much weaker footballing nation in your own country???

Mauras said:
fd1972uk said:
(Oh and Portugal still won't have won an International honour by then)

I rather keep our records blank than win a single major honour based on a stolen goal that never was ;)...

Not sure if you mean 1966? Totally agree, should never have counted, Germany should've won in the final, although an English ref cheated Brazil back then too. Mind you, I should probably mention I'm Scottish.

Stasman - Jeez, I actually forgot about that, Greece beat them twice, once can be lucky, but twice? Come on.............. ;)

FD

Back
Top Bottom