Most Balanced Team (WE9)

Your kidding, he was plyaer of the year last season, Cech has been the best keeper in Europe last season and surely Terry the best defender!

Inter is the most skilled team, and it's not Konami's fault. They actually have too many great players in real life... they just never win shit. The club is notorious for spending lots cash and winning nothing.

And Adriano should have over 90 in SA. Whoever said his 99 s. power is ridiculous probably haven't seen him playing once.

Yeah even though they hvae a lot of good players you can only put 11 on the pitch..

And Inter Milan have 11 good players. Fact is that they haven't achieved anything as a team in terms of silverware but the potential is there. I think, although I have thought this many times before, that they will be posing a much more potent threat this season thanks to the recruitment of both Solari and Figo.

Adriano deserves 99 for his shot power, but any higher than 99 for accuracy is giving in to hype.

Your kidding, he was plyaer of the year last season, Cech has been the best keeper in Europe last season and surely Terry the best defender!
Hello? Makelele is Chelsea's best player, he's positively awesome, unlike Lampard. Last season was one of Lampards worst - he started off really badly and only regained 'form' towards the end.

I say 'form' because the fact is he's a typically overrated physical English midfielder with little dimenson to his game. I'm not saying he's bad - I'm just saying he's overrated and no matter how integral you BELIEVE him to be his individual qualities do not warrant overexagguration in a game (primarly because he doesn't really have any) - if you were to overexaggurate to compensate for how you percieve him to be in the teams makeup you actually unstabilise the game unfairly.

He's a squad player, like Terry, nothing more.

As for Cech - I'd like to see him in la Liga in Real Madrids defensive makeup and withstanding all the shots on goal he had to contend with. Did you know that Casillas had the most shots on goal against him last season out of all the goalkeepers? Did you watch him at all? He was awesome too.

He is by far the best goalkeeper in my mind.

Many will say Buffon and I respect that as I would have said the same and do think the same from time to time - but Buffon, like Cech has the benefit of a great defensive team in front of him and that really counts for a lot.

I will say that Buffon and Casillas stand side by side. Both very different goalkeepers - and Buffon has experience, composure and better ball handling skills - but both integral and the best of the crop.

Cech is unproven... don't believe the hype.

Ok i understand what you are saying.

Firstly, I know Makelele is important, all I was saying was that he was the premierships player of the seaon, and that is a fact.

Lampard had a great season scoring 19 goals, for a midfielder, thats awesome.

Terry, is nothing more than a squad player?
Captain fantastic with 8 goals for a centreback?! You're mad!

Cech unproven? Hes made a new Premiership record, he WAS unproven, but now that he has surpassed Peter Schimichels record, he is proven. Showed it in the Champions League too!

Firstly, I know Makelele is important, all I was saying was that he was the premierships player of the seaon, and that is a fact.

Lampard had a great season scoring 19 goals, for a midfielder, thats awesome
Well perhaps Lampard had better thank Makelele for doing all the donkey work so effectively. And maybe this season he'll be less greedy with the ball. Like Gerrard (even more so) Lampard has tendency to hog it around the area intent on shooting for glory every time.

19 goals is a good record I agree, but it doesn't alter the fact that his individual attributes as a player are nothing to shout about. Furthermore I suppose you have to expect midfielders to do a lot of the scoring when you play 1 man up front as Chelsea so often did.

Terry, is nothing more than a squad player?
Captain fantastic with 8 goals for a centreback?! You're mad!
No, I just don't consider arbitrary goal statistics as significant when comparing him to the likes of say Maldini for example. Terry as an individual defender is not all that good. Again he's a typically physical English defender with little else to his name other than hype surrounding his loyalty and englishness.

Watch Maldini in his prime. The guy was Zidane as defender. Terry is just a lump of lard positioning himself on the pitch.

Besides I also remember how he was shown up in the EUROS by Ledley King.

He was extremely error prone, and there really, honestly, is nothing special about the guy except the fact he is English.

Cech unproven? Hes made a new Premiership record, he WAS unproven, but now that he has surpassed Peter Schimichels record, he is proven. Showed it in the Champions League too!
Cech is still unproven. He hasn't had to contend with any hardships. Seriously, look up the word arbitrary :D

BK_83 said:
nobody mentioned juventus, in terms of GK:buffon, DF:cannavaro,thuram, MF:nedved, d.piero, viera FW:mutu,Ibrahimovic,Trezeguet
I do agree
Juve is the strongest club to my opinion

ok club teams: Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Juve, (ManU, Real, Barca, Arsenal)

now please post most balanced national teams

i don't have we9 but i thinks it's still Brazil, and naw also England

cigol said:
He's a squad player, like Terry, nothing more.

As for Cech - I'd like to see him in la Liga in Real Madrids defensive makeup and withstanding all the shots on goal he had to contend with. Did you know that Casillas had the most shots on goal against him last season out of all the goalkeepers? Did you watch him at all? He was awesome too.

He is by far the best goalkeeper in my mind.

Many will say Buffon and I respect that as I would have said the same and do think the same from time to time - but Buffon, like Cech has the benefit of a great defensive team in front of him and that really counts for a lot.

I will say that Buffon and Casillas stand side by side. Both very different goalkeepers - and Buffon has experience, composure and better ball handling skills - but both integral and the best of the crop.

Cech is unproven... don't believe the hype.

Terry and Lampard squad players???

Squad players dont play almost every game, squad players play about 10-15 games a season thats why they are called 'squad' players. Its like saying Buffon & Zambrotta are squad players for Juve or Maldini & Sheva for Milan.

Also by the way, Makelele IS the ball winner at Chelsea he does all the donkey work because thats HIS job, he may be helped by Lampard but Makeleles primary role is anchorman, ball winner, water carrier, whatever you want to call it. Lampard is more attacking, you dont score 19 goals from Midfield doing "Donkey work" and you must have some kind of skill(!?) to score 19 goals from Midfield.

Also Buffon is the best keeper in the world followed by Cech then Dida.

Being behind a poor defence will make any half decent keeper look good. We see it EVERY year in the EPL, one of the Promoted teams will have a good keeper behind a poor defence last season it was Norwich with Robert Green. Buffon plays behind an excellent defence for Juve and Italy yet he is still regarded by pretty much everyone to be the best keeper in the world and not for nothing either.

Casillas is a very good keeper but he's not the best in the world, not even in the top 3. Being busy, doesnt make an outstanding keeper. He is like pretty much all of Real Madrids players, overrated. Not as overrated as has beens like Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo and the rest of the "Galacticos" but overrated nevertheless.

Terry and Lampard squad players???

Squad players dont play almost every game, squad players play about 10-15 games a season thats why they are called 'squad' players. Its like saying Buffon & Zambrotta are squad players for Juve or Maldini & Sheva for Milan.
Your definition of squad player differs to my own - I say it in such a way as to illustrate a player who is a TEAM player, rather than say for example a galacticos like Zidane, Ronaldinho (etc) who exhibit individual brilliance.

Also by the way, Makelele IS the ball winner at Chelsea he does all the donkey work because thats HIS job, he may be helped by Lampard but Makeleles primary role is anchorman, ball winner, water carrier, whatever you want to call it. Lampard is more attacking, you dont score 19 goals from Midfield doing "Donkey work" and you must have some kind of skill(!?) to score 19 goals from Midfield.
Yes but Makeleles role is VERY important and undoubtedly helps players such as Lampard who do very little other than pounce on free balls and launch them goalwards at every opportunity he can get. 19 goals is a feat yes, but it's still an arbitrary stat and it doesn't change the fact that as a player Lampard is nothing special (and highly overrated in my opinion).

I'll respond to the rest when I get back later today, needless to say I don't agree.

He was also one of the premierships top passers. And by that I mean, did the most passes.

Him, Keano, Makelele, Vieira and Gerrard.

What does it take for Cech to be "proven" in your words, winning 4 world cups, 2 Euros and 6 Champions Leagues with Chelsea?

And so what if Casillas had to save the most shots during last season, this only proves the Madrid defence is utter shit and not that the Spanish league is a very hard league.

You are right about Makelele, nobody seems to give him much credit for the work he puts in, everytime I see Chelsea play he is superb, he really is the backbone of the Chelsea team, but saying Lampard and Terry aint good is a bit confusing to say the least.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=arbitrary

I dont get when you say "arbitrary stat"..can you explain it in simple English? :p

Everyone gives him credit!
Makelele is even on the list for the 55-man shortlist for the inaugural FIFPro World XI Player Awards

Whole list by the way

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/ Juventus), Iker Casillas (Spain/ Real Madrid), Petr Cech (Czech Republic/ Chelsea), Nelson Dida (Brazil/ AC Milan), Oliver Kahn (Germany/ Bayern Munich).

Defenders: Alex (Brazil/ PSV), Roberto Ayala (Argentina/ Valencia), Cafu (Brazil/ AC Milan), Sol Campbell (England/ Arsenal), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy/ Juventus), Roberto Carlos (Brazil/ Real Madrid), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal/Chelsea), Ashley Cole (England/ Arsenal), Rio Ferdinand (England/ Man Utd), Gabriel Heinze (Argentina/ Man Utd), Lucio (Brazil/ Bayern Munich), Paolo Maldini (Italy/ AC Milan), Alessandro Nesta (Italy/ AC Milan), Carlos Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona), Walter Samuel (Argentina/ Inter Milan), Jaap Stam (Holland/ AC Milan), John Terry (England/ Chelsea), Lilian Thuram (France/ Juventus), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy/ Juventus), Javier Zanetti (Argentina/ Inter Milan).

Midfielders: Michael Ballack (Germany/ Bayern Munich), David Beckham (England/ Real Madrid), Joe Cole (England/ Chelsea), Deco (Portugal/ Barcelona), Luis Figo (Portugal/ Inter Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy/ AC Milan), Steven Gerrard (England/ Liverpool), Kaka (Brazil/ AC Milan), Frank Lampard (England/ Chelsea), Claude Makelele (France/ Chelsea), Pavel Nedved (Czech Republic/ Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Italy/ AC Milan), Arjen Robben (Holland/ Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/ Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/ Man Utd), Paul Scholes(England/ Man Utd), Mark van Bommel (Holland/ Barcelona), Patrick Vieira (France/ Juventus), Xavi (Spain/ Barcelona), Zinedine Zidane (France/ Real Madrid).

Forwards: Adriano (Brazil/ Inter Milan), Hernan Crespo (Argentina/ Chelsea), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/ Chelsea), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon/ Barcelona), Thierry Henry (France/ Arsenal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/ Juventus), Ronaldo (Brazil/ Real Madrid), Wayne Rooney (England/ Man Utd), Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine/ AC Milan), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Holland/ Man Utd).

He was also one of the premierships top passers. And by that I mean, did the most passes.
This statistic is also arbitrary if this will explain to you kingpug my meaning; arbitrary in the sense that someone with 99% passing accuracy does not indicate someone who is a good passer of the ball it could have many interpretations such as someone who only passes once or twice a game, or only passes centimetres away from the initial position for example. This will create problems when comparing 'accuracy' with a playmaker that pushes for chances and makes impossible attempts to create space with defense splitting passes.

The difference is immeasurable.

Everyone gives him credit!
Only in passing. Who got credited with awards and praise despite their importance to the club being mundane in comparison? Oh yes, that's right Terry and Lampard.

Makelele is getting second hand praise born out of the fact he left Real Madrid on poor terms due to not getting enough recognition for his services. It's a slightly sycophantic approach to giving a player respect, it doesn't come off as geniune to me (especially when it's followed with superlatives for the likes of Lampard et al ahead of Makelele).

Makelele is number one. end of.

Also Buffon is the best keeper in the world followed by Cech then Dida.
Like I said above - I won't argue with anyone who says Buffon is the best, I merely offered arguements as to why one could rate Casillas slightly higher or at the very least credit his performances as greater (if not the better goalkeeper attributes wise).

And so what if Casillas had to save the most shots during last season, this only proves the Madrid defence is utter shit and not that the Spanish league is a very hard league.
Yes that's my point - the defense is utter shit for Casillas so he has to put up with so much more skitty chances. I wasn't trying to prove the Spanish league is harder (though I believe it is when comparing low level teams to Englands low level teams - especially technically).

The point was that Casillas, when called upon, came up trumps every time and saved the team on an amazing number of occasions. Perhaps you have to have watched the games to truly appreciate just how much work he had to put in and how many saves he had to elicit in order to not only help but be the backbone of the 'title challenge'.

It cannot be underestimated. Buffon is living off of reputation and ability - unquestionably. Casillas is proving himself time and time again.

Cech has yet to do anything in my eyes that proves he is a keeper worthy of the hype and praise. Please, recall a game where he was integral?

And before Buffon supporters bite - he's one of my favourite players and I'm not saying he isn't important to Juventus or doesn't put in the performances. I'm speaking relatively.

Casillas has saved Madrid many times, i watch a lot of their league games and it is amazing what he has done.

and so has Cech done the same for chelsea.
there is no point here for this rock-head debate.

When has Cech ever saved chelsea? Makeleles role in the team is much more important. In contrast to Cech Casillas HAS to save Real Madrid, and on practically every occasion he does just that. Cech has yet to prove himself, in my eyes at least. But then I don't give in to hype easily so maybe that's my failing.

Emm, on many occasions, v. Barcelona (Puyols header) v. Blackburn (PK Save - we won that game 1-0)
Andt those are just off the top of my head.

Jesus man that was a stupid question.

cech made some quality saves against us in the prem and the CL semis

i remember especially the baros header he saved, the cunt

ah well we still won the CL who cares.

This guy who writes essays and uses words like Arbiter out of Halo, maybe you should chill out

i agree lampard and terry are over rated but they aint just squad players, 19 goals is quality for a midfielder

and everyone knows Nunez is should be on that 55 player list

Back
Top Bottom